PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna have the breakout this game?

tuggysteel822
01-09-2009, 02:40 AM
I'm thinkin that Ryan Clark is going to have a huge game. I don't know necessarily that he'll put up for 2 int's and a sack...but i see him laying some big hits and maybe coming out of there with a pick. I think he's been an unsung hero on the D given all the playmakers and names out there, but I think he's going to be a big part of the defensive shutdown this week. Just my thoughts...

What do yinz think?

:cope:

JensK
01-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Clark will, but it is not going to be a breakout game, because he have been playing lights out all year imo. I could see a guy like Holmes having a good game, or maybe Russell? You never know :)

LatrobePA
01-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Big Ben

SteelFanInIL
01-09-2009, 09:46 AM
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers: Ben:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Im thinking the Special Teams could be a unit that comes up big in this one, they've made big plays all year at really key times that have helped secure wins for us. Plus they have virtually shut down any and all returners both on KO's and Punts and we've faced some pretty good ones this year.

yinzer
01-09-2009, 10:19 AM
willie colon......................................... :evilshake:

JensK
01-09-2009, 10:26 AM
willie colon......................................... :evilshake:

:lol: Its not really fair. Colon would have a breakout game if he played decent.. :P

BlitzburghNation
01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Hope it's Big Ben :pray:

AZ_Steeler
01-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Big Ben

:ditto:

He kind of played light crap down the stretch and we all know he is better than that so hopefully he's the one who breaks out of the funk he's been in. The Steelers will only go as far as Big Ben takes them.

LatrobePA
01-09-2009, 10:54 AM
:ditto:

He kind of played light crap down the stretch and we all know he is better than that so hopefully he's the one who breaks out of the funk he's been in. The Steelers will only go as far as Big Ben takes them.

He has stunk up the joint pretty much all season. Granted a few come back wins thanks to him....But not at all the BB we know and love!

All eyes will be on him after his show against the Stains, so lets hope he is in Pro Bowl form!

ARKIESTEEL
01-09-2009, 12:07 PM
No thoughts on Parker having a big game like maybe 125+ yards with 30 or 40 of them coming on a long TD run?

Just a thought

steelerfan11
01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
If the Chargers play Cover-2 like they did last game Willie Parker is going to run all over them.

LatrobePA
01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
No thoughts on Parker having a big game like maybe 125+ yards with 30 or 40 of them coming on a long TD run?

Just a thought

I'll take it all day! Willie should run wild and our TE's should be MONEY!

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Off, I think Ben should have big game. However, I think Ike Taylor is going to be the player of the game. 2 INT's, 3 pass defend 9 solo tackles, 1 sack and a ton of other stuff....Go Ike... MR. MVP

ejsteeler
01-09-2009, 01:32 PM
i'll go way out on the limb and say each phase of our game comes up big. I keep hearing about how other teams and Rubbers is coming in with a chip, I think our guys are ready to show the NFL what they can do as a cohesive unit. Everyone comes up big.....:cope:

scott0326
01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I think Ben's going to have a huge game like 250Yards and 2 TD

tuggysteel822
01-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I think Ben's going to have a huge game like 250Yards and 2 TD

man, i'd love that...the icing on the cake for hopefully, a real solid day all around :tt02:

popstaala
01-09-2009, 06:56 PM
im goin with troy polamalu... he got robbed of a TD last time... hes goin to have a blast

Steel Trap86
01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
James Harrisson

Mewelde Moore

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2009, 02:29 AM
I heard on Sportsbeat tonight, they were talking to Parker after they watched him in practice on Thursday and said was cutting and sprinting better than he has all year. They talked to him and he said he's 100% healthy and ready to go so just maybe Parker has a big game for us this week.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2009, 02:36 AM
I heard on Sportsbeat tonight, they were talking to Parker after they watched him in practice on Thursday and said was cutting and sprinting better than he has all year. They talked to him and he said he's 100% healthy and ready to go so just maybe Parker has a big game for us this week.

Dude that is music to my ears about Parker.....You know what Arians should use both Parker and Moore in the backfield at times........Moore or Parker wouldn't be much of a blocker but defenses would have to guess who is running the ball and then you could use either for outlets in the passing game....Of course Moore is far superior at catching the ball but Moore could actually run routes and then if somebody sleeps on Parker then dump it off to him and let him use his speed....Just a thought and I know Bruce Arians won't do this...lol

DIESELMAN
01-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Dude that is music to my ears about Parker.....You know what Arians should use both Parker and Moore in the backfield at times........Moore or Parker wouldn't be much of a blocker but defenses would have to guess who is running the ball and then you could use either for outlets in the passing game....Of course Moore is far superior at catching the ball but Moore could actually run routes and then if somebody sleeps on Parker then dump it off to him and let him use his speed....Just a thought and I know Bruce Arians won't do this...lol
I'd also like to see some FB formations, the OL was talking a while back how they loved running out of the I formation. McHugh is a bear, he played FB at Penn St. and when we do use him he can blow some holes in the line and also plant a few LBers in the dirt.
Mix it up BA!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2009, 03:08 AM
I'd also like to see some FB formations, the OL was talking a while back how they loved running out of the I formation. McHugh is a bear, he played FB at Penn St. and when we do use him he can blow some holes in the line and also plant a few LBers in the dirt.
Mix it up BA!!!!!!

McHugh is a very good lead blocker especially when lined up as a FB and not a TE......For the life of me this year I will not understand why McHugh hasn't gotten more reps as a FB.....**** the two TE sets especially since our TE's block like girls......Spaeth for a man his size blocks like a girl....lol Heath Miller's blocking has gone down hill every year since his rookie year.......Miller is very good as a pass catcher but I'm sorry his blocking has been **** poor at times this year.....Spaeth is decent in the passing game and is terrible as a blocker......The Steelers would be wised to find a damn good blocking TE in the late rounds of this draft but also could be as effective as Spaeth in the passing game to serve as the number 2 TE....Spaeth can go for all I care.....

DIESELMAN
01-10-2009, 03:19 AM
McHugh is a very good lead blocker especially when lined up as a FB and not a TE......For the life of me this year I will not understand why McHugh hasn't gotten more reps as a FB.....**** the two TE sets especially since our TE's block like girls......Spaeth for a man his size blocks like a girl....lol Heath Miller's blocking has gone down hill every year since his rookie year.......Miller is very good as a pass catcher but I'm sorry his blocking has been **** poor at times this year.....Spaeth is decent in the passing game and is terrible as a blocker......The Steelers would be wised to find a damn good blocking TE in the late rounds of this draft but also could be as effective as Spaeth in the passing game to serve as the number 2 TE....Spaeth can go for all I care.....
We need to stay out of the 2 TE sets, thats on the mandatory reading list for other teams, they know whats coming when we line up in that...lol Plus you also gotta figure complacency, if our offense would be clicking on all 10 cylinders, they would have more fun and want to block better. Now its more of a chore for them so they're saying "**** It" and mailing it in.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2009, 03:24 AM
We need to stay out of the 2 TE sets, thats on the mandatory reading list for other teams, they know whats coming when we line up in that...lol Plus you also gotta figure complacency, if our offense would be clicking on all 10 cylinders, they would have more fun and want to block better. Now its more of a chore for them so they're saying "**** It" and mailing it in.

I agree with you Tom 100 percent........Really can somebody kidnap Bruce Arians before the game......lol I wasn't thrilled when he was promoted to OC......I gave him a chance at first but its clear after two season he isn't an NFL OC.......

blitzburgh58
01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
:cope::cope::cope:Nate Washington:cope::cope::cope:

BLITZBURGH: A DRINKING TOWN WITH A FOOTBALL PROBLEM!:cope:

V_83
01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
The person who I'm hoping doesn't have a breakout game is Mike Scifres. If he can do to us what he did to the Colts, it could be a long day.

MystikDown
01-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Gooo Steelers!!!!

:tt02: :helmet:

Mark B.
01-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Heath Miller!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2009, 11:49 PM
I agree with you Tom 100 percent........Really can somebody kidnap Bruce Arians before the game......lol I wasn't thrilled when he was promoted to OC......I gave him a chance at first but its clear after two season he isn't an NFL OC.......

It used to be that we could line up in an obvious run formation and actually gain positive yards. Now we line up in 2 TE's and everybody knows we're going to run and we still can do it. It's really pathetic to be honest. If we were any more predictable we could publish our playbook on youtube and not bother game planning.

Stairwayto7
01-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Ben will come up huge!

popstaala
01-11-2009, 12:25 AM
troy polamalu... the Bolts owe him a TD... and another amazing interception

Dean Denton
01-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I think the winner was Woodley. He came up big time in this game....Holmes played well too.

scott0326
01-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Willie Parker also played very well. But Holmes came up huge with the punt return TD.

DIESELMAN
01-12-2009, 02:13 PM
i'll go way out on the limb and say each phase of our game comes up big. I keep hearing about how other teams and Rubbers is coming in with a chip, I think our guys are ready to show the NFL what they can do as a cohesive unit. Everyone comes up big.....:cope:

ejsteeler hit it on the head!! That was a total team effort!!! :cope: :cope:

ejsteeler
01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Now we need two more games just like that!!!! :cope: