PDA

View Full Version : Cowher to Ward: "stop the celebrations"

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2006, 10:06 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06299/733094-66.stm

Thursday, October 26, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Someone found a way to take the fun out of the game for Hines Ward, at least momentarily.

Ward acknowledged yesterday that coach Bill Cowher had some harsh words for him after he helped cause a 15-yard penalty Sunday in Atlanta for celebrating a Nate Washington touchdown. Ward and rookie Santonio Holmes were flagged for joining Washington in mocking the Falcons' "dirty bird" dance.

"I apologized to coach," Ward said. "That's uncalled for. Was it planned? No, we just went off emotions.

"That was all emotional stuff. Santonio saw me dance, and he wanted to get into it. We all were just having fun, it wasn't to taunt anybody. But that's the rule, and we have to be smart about it.

"Coach Cowher talked to me about it, and it won't happen again."

Yes Hines should definately know better, they all should, but damn the NFL just keeps doing it best to take the fun out of scoring a TD. You can't help but get excited especially because the offense has been playing so well the last few weeks, but they just have to keep it in check.

House of Steel
10-26-2006, 10:43 AM
That No Fun League Rule is bogus. I can't stand that ****. It is OK when Ickey had that damn shuffle, TO BS and then Chad Johnson. Why in the world is the NFL and the Zebras coming after us with their lame ****?

AZ_Steeler
10-26-2006, 10:58 AM
I was watching another game later that day and I saw someone score a TD and start dancing and another player came up and joined him... no flag! :dunno:

The refs are definitely not being consistent around the league so far and the Steelers had some ticky tacky calls IMO. When it all comes down to it though Ward should be leading by example. I'm sure emotions kicked in, I was doing a dance too :D plus how can you not join in with Nate with those sweet dance moves!

House of Steel
10-26-2006, 12:30 PM
You know I think the damn Zebras have it in for us for some damn reason. I am getting to a point where I am about to write a formal letter to the NFL demanding an explaination for the bogus BS calls on the Steelers while the other franchises are getting away with the BS.