PDA

View Full Version : 'Brownies' hire "Mangenius"! LOL

Stairwayto7
01-07-2009, 07:08 PM
The Cleveland Browns have agreed to hire former New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini as their head coach.

Mangini, fired last week by the Jets, agreed to four-year deal, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

Mangini is being represented by agent Ron Shapiro, who is Mangini's father-in-law.

The 37-year-old Mangini began his NFL career in Cleveland. He started out as a Browns ball boy and was later a public relations intern. He has never forgotten his football roots. When the Jets played the Browns in recent seasons, Mangini bought a catered lunch of Italian food for Cleveland reporters.

Mangini was dismissed after the Jets collapsed by losing four of their final five games. He went 23-25 and made the playoffs once in three seasons.

Mangini has ties to the Cleveland area. He is the brother-in-law of Cleveland Indians general manager Mark Shapiro.

Mangini's hiring could also lead to former head coach Romeo Crennel staying with the Browns, perhaps as their defensive coordinator. Crennel, fired after the team went 4-12 this season, told owner Randy Lerner he was open to staying, depending on who was brought in to replace him. Crennel and Mangini worked as defensive assistants on Bill Belichick's staff in New England from 2001-2004.

Even the cleveland writers were worried that this would be the pick!

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Well the hits just keep coming for the Browns....lol

lloydfan4life
01-07-2009, 07:35 PM
What makes them think he can do in Cleveland what he couldn't do in New York?? WIN!

And then to possibly still keep Romeo also?? :duh:

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 07:40 PM
I dont get it either. It just makes us look bad. We just keep beating on them, and everyone says we win the AFCN because we play the Browns and the Bengals....gay..do they just like losing or what????

Ambridge
01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Maybe after "Chuck" Weiss eventually gets canned at Notre Dame in another season or two the Browns can then hire him and make it a trio of former "Loser" Coaches from New England??

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Good to that AFC North will continue to be a two team race.

popstaala
01-07-2009, 09:22 PM
cant get any better... they like being loosers

jpele
01-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Eric Mangini Picks Rob Ryan to Run the Defense (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/07/eric-mangini-picks-rob-ryan-to-run-the-defense-in-cleveland/) in Cleveland

DIESELMAN
01-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Eric Mangini Picks Rob Ryan to Run the Defense (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/07/eric-mangini-picks-rob-ryan-to-run-the-defense-in-cleveland/) in Cleveland

During Ryan's tenure with the Raiders, their defense ranked 27th, 22nd, 3rd, 27th, and 30th.....Nice addition Mangini.....:hehheh:

NCSteeler
01-08-2009, 01:21 AM
I won't write this off so fast. I think Mangini did a fair job in NY and Ryan's Ds were on the field defending short fields all the time. I will say I think it is completely out of place and stupid to hire any coaches before finding a GM. They need to work well together and the GM usually has a lot fo input into who is the coach. What ever they are the Browns and we will beat them, nuff said.

PS if they have any sense they will trade some of the mouths from the locker room ala J Peezy.

ejsteeler
01-08-2009, 11:05 AM
The clowns are the clowns no matter who they bring in. I will say that mangirl is an improvement off tonnell though....

BlitzburghNation
01-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Heard this on sirius and they had there journalist on this morning and she was saying that the owner was thrilled about getting man-so-called-genius,,,,,:scratch:

The guys on sirius was ripping the owner & there thoughts were "a bad hire" because of the collapse of the jets in the final 4 wks of the season !

IMO he's not a bad coach,but he will be in Clown country :lol:

Dean Denton
01-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Heard this on sirius and they had there journalist on this morning and she was saying that the owner was thrilled about getting man-so-called-genius,,,,,:scratch:

The guys on sirius was ripping the owner & there thoughts were "a bad hire" because of the collapse of the jets in the final 4 wks of the season !

IMO he's not a bad coach,but he will be in Clown country :lol:Yeah thats a bad move. I dont think they can get any worse , but still, I think thats just one step down from the Lions right now. Also I heard that he said that he could come in and do what others have failed to do, and thats beat the Steelers. Already he's setting himself up for failure. I remember Lovey Smith pulled that with the Packers, but we are not the Packers. So Manspanky thinks that because we lost in NY last year that he can beat us again....What a dilrod. He is going to find out the true meaning of the word, Sorry *** Loser Stuck with His Head Up His Pucker.......

dawgs
01-09-2009, 12:16 AM
I wanted chuck norris.

mangini kinda got it by default. Bill said he was not coaching in 2009, same with marty. pioli wanted to bring in a college coach or a 32 year old offense corr. 2 things the browns wanted nothing to do with.

Mangini is young with head coaching expericence. 2 of his 3 seasons in NY were winning seasons. He is also big on discipline which is what the browns have been lacking for years. He also knows and understands cleveland. He's not just here to collect a paycheck, He wants to win. He really wanted this job.

He had a real good press conference. Its on clevelandbrowns.com. its worth the look.

The browns already have the GM. But they gotta wait until bartimore loses.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-09-2009, 12:33 AM
:haha:I guess we will hear.............This is our year again, the clowns suck:yellowthumb:

dawgs
01-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah thats a bad move. I dont think they can get any worse , but still, I think thats just one step down from the Lions right now. Also I heard that he said that he could come in and do what others have failed to do, and thats beat the Steelers. Already he's setting himself up for failure. I remember Lovey Smith pulled that with the Packers, but we are not the Packers. So Manspanky thinks that because we lost in NY last year that he can beat us again....What a dilrod. He is going to find out the true meaning of the word, Sorry *** Loser Stuck with His Head Up His Pucker.......

1. The browns are not any steps down from the lions, Thats stupid to say.

2. He has not really said to much yet about the Browns and steelers. so whoever told you that is wrong. But that would be great if he did.

3. wow, you really have alot of anger built up. You have a good team why are you so angry?:banging:

4. Thats something I don't get. When a steelers fan hears cleveland. They go insane. You guys have owned us for 10 years. Why are u so mad? lol.

ejsteeler
01-09-2009, 11:08 AM

2. He has not really said to much yet about the Browns and steelers. so whoever told you that is wrong. But that would be great if he did.

3. wow, you really have alot of anger built up. You have a good team why are you so angry?

4. Thats something I don't get. When a steelers fan hears cleveland. They go insane. You guys have owned us for 10 years. Why are u so mad? lol.

Oh, here we go. dawgs disappears for awhile when his team tanks it and comes back when he has nothing to loose to talk crap....:lol:

1. You're right though. Saying the clowns are a step down from the lions is an insult to the lions. They are more like 5 steps down...:yesnod:

2. It's just a matter of time before he opens his mouth and inserts foot. It comes with the labotomy a clowns coach gets upon hiring. :rofl:

3. Anger is relative. And all your team is related, hence the problem they continually have. :hilarious:

4. Again, not mad. Just pointing out that we will continue to own you no matter which knuckle head they bring in to coach. It is in their DNA to be a bunch of losers. :yellowthumb:

Sorry, kinda lame, but I just love hating the clowns. :nahnah: :cope:

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 12:39 PM

3. wow, you really have alot of anger built up. You have a good team why are you so angry?:banging:

Oh I would say that the Browns are very much in the same league as the lions, maybe worse. You hear a lot more complaints about working in the Browns organization then you ever have the lions. Also, ESPN reported that Manspanky said that he would no longer let the Steelers own this team. and you would be angry too, if you had to have such a crappy team in your division, and every time you win it, people ???? you because of who you play...Ohio should be forced to give up their pro football teams...maybe they should be Semi-pro.

JoeThomas
01-09-2009, 02:07 PM
i think he was a good hire. who woulda been better with the options? all you steeler fans, who should we have hired?

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Offers should have been made to Brian Billick, Mike Shanahan, Marty "The Return" Schotteneimer, Jason Garrett, and a host of other OC or DC that have really earned a spot at a HC spot. Hiring a coach that went 23-25 for the jets, that have better front office and players does not look good for the Browns. But if the fans are happy....lol good luck with that.

ejsteeler
01-09-2009, 02:17 PM
No one. you should have dissolved that sorry a$$ team......:lol:

Seriously though, as I said earlier in the thread, he was probably the best option out there that would work there.

JoeThomas
01-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Offers should have been made to Brian Billick, Mike Shanahan, Marty "The Return" Schotteneimer, Jason Garrett, and a host of other OC or DC that have really earned a spot at a HC spot. Hiring a coach that went 23-25 for the jets, that have better front office and players does not look good for the Browns. But if the fans are happy....lol good luck with that.

billick withdrew before cowher did. shanahan said he was waiting 3 weeks before deciding. marty said he didnt want to coach, and then you just had other coordinators. we didnt want one of those. we need someone who has HC experience. i think he was the best option out there for us. id of love shanahan but he wasnt an option.

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 02:34 PM
billick withdrew before cowher did. shanahan said he was waiting 3 weeks before deciding. marty said he didnt want to coach, and then you just had other coordinators. we didnt want one of those. we need someone who has HC experience. i think he was the best option out there for us. id of love shanahan but he wasnt an option.Why do you think you need someone with HC experience? Cowher and Tomlin had never been HC and Cowher did great, and Tomlin has done well so far. Think for yourself, dont be influenced by what others are saying, like the Browns Brass...they have no idea what they need, they just know that the fans will buy whatever it is they are selling. They said thats what they need and you believe them. You tell me what Manpansy can do that has not been done before? how will he make a diference because he did nothing great in NY, but he did get fired....

JoeThomas
01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Why do you think you need someone with HC experience? Cowher and Tomlin had never been HC and Cowher did great, and Tomlin has done well so far. Think for yourself, dont be influenced by what others are saying, like the Browns Brass...they have no idea what they need, they just know that the fans will buy whatever it is they are selling. They said thats what they need and you believe them. You tell me what Manpansy can do that has not been done before? how will he make a diference because he did nothing great in NY, but he did get fired....

We have don the coordinator route and it hasnt worked lately. Though I would have likekd to see Garrett get an interview. He is a local guy. But I dont think he is ready. Dallas' offense was lost without Romo and they never recovered, so it took some of his star power away. I was just saying with what was out there, if you eliminate shanahan, there wasnt a much better option. He has some history here and family here. Has some experience, and has 2/3 winning seasons. My top choice never got fired, herm edwards.

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 04:01 PM
We have don the coordinator route and it hasnt worked lately. Though I would have likekd to see Garrett get an interview. He is a local guy. But I dont think he is ready. Dallas' offense was lost without Romo and they never recovered, so it took some of his star power away. I was just saying with what was out there, if you eliminate shanahan, there wasnt a much better option. He has some history here and family here. Has some experience, and has 2/3 winning seasons. My top choice never got fired, herm edwards. I had never heard of Cowher or Tomlin before they got hired on here. Sometimes its the hand up the Mona Lisa's dress that works best....You know, a surprise. Something you never see coming.....

Stairwayto7
01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Mangenius is a nark! Nobody can trust a NARK. Even if he did nark on belichek

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Good point...I forgot about that...And he's Italian too..gives the rest of us a bad name...I saw this fool on an episode of the Sopranos...I cant believe they let him on there even though it was for just a minute. Nark...boooo

JoeThomas
01-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I had never heard of Cowher or Tomlin before they got hired on here. Sometimes its the hand up the Mona Lisa's dress that works best....You know, a surprise. Something you never see coming.....

i do agree with you there. i guess as a fan im tired of the same old thing. its tough to go year in and year out so im hoping he is what we need. if this doesnt work, i want ti fire the owner. ill be honest, id love nothing more then to have our two teams go head to head each year, both be good and both be competitive. it makes for better games and alot more fun. it really is no fun when its one sided. and thats all its been for 10 years.

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 05:48 PM
i do agree with you there. i guess as a fan im tired of the same old thing. its tough to go year in and year out so im hoping he is what we need. if this doesnt work, i want ti fire the owner. ill be honest, id love nothing more then to have our two teams go head to head each year, both be good and both be competitive. it makes for better games and alot more fun. it really is no fun when its one sided. and thats all its been for 10 years. I would like to see the Browns get back into some type of winnig situation too. You think its tough for you? Well look at it as a Steeler fan. We win the Division, but look at who we beat. I know its harder for you, but we get a lot of shiat over who we play once we win the division. I know the Ravens are good and Steelers-Ravens have had the 2 best Def over the last 10 years, and can play with anyone, but the Bungals and Browns have had like 1 good season in 9 or 10 years, and that seems to get more attention. They need to find themselves. this league is set up for everyone to win, and its been good for most teams. so i'm starting to wonder if its more about the owners not doing what needs to be done. This division needs to produce the AFC winner more then it does. If you win this Division people need to fear you and we should always have 2 teams in the playoffs. For me, I cheer for the teams in our division when they play teams outside of ours. I want it like the 70's. That would be we only beat eachother for the most part, and all the other teams fall short....

Bring back the Oilers....lol

Stairwayto7
01-09-2009, 06:17 PM
In NE Ohio, most of the browns fans that I talk to, are just about to give up. Even the writers here think the the browns jump the gun hiring mangini. I think since mangini was all the fans 3rd or 4th pick, its leaving a bitter taste in thier mouths.

One thing we all have in common, we are all human. The players also know the mangini is a rat. Most people have a problem this. When you address your team, and you tell them that they can trust you, I wonder what they are thinking? When somebody brings you in, like belichek did, and gives you a great job, you dont bit thier hand off.

Another thing about the brownies, they have this love affair with the patriots. Get over it. Doesn`t mean anything. Romeo, Weiss did they win afterwards? No! I`m just glad that they are rebuilding again.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Shanahan would have been the solid pick IMO for the Browns; everybody knows they wanted Cowher and if there is a next best choice is Shan IMO. He runs the ball, plays good defense, and is a hard nosed no nonsense type of coach.

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Shanahan would have been the solid pick IMO for the Browns; everybody knows they wanted Cowher and if there is a next best choice is Shan IMO. He runs the ball, plays good defense, and is a hard nosed no nonsense type of coach.
I agree...but they took Borat instead...lol

Stairwayto7
01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I agree...but they took Borat instead...lol

LOL lOL

JoeThomas
01-09-2009, 11:16 PM
I would like to see the Browns get back into some type of winnig situation too. You think its tough for you? Well look at it as a Steeler fan. We win the Division, but look at who we beat. I know its harder for you, but we get a lot of shiat over who we play once we win the division. I know the Ravens are good and Steelers-Ravens have had the 2 best Def over the last 10 years, and can play with anyone, but the Bungals and Browns have had like 1 good season in 9 or 10 years, and that seems to get more attention. They need to find themselves. this league is set up for everyone to win, and its been good for most teams. so i'm starting to wonder if its more about the owners not doing what needs to be done. This division needs to produce the AFC winner more then it does. If you win this Division people need to fear you and we should always have 2 teams in the playoffs. For me, I cheer for the teams in our division when they play teams outside of ours. I want it like the 70's. That would be we only beat eachother for the most part, and all the other teams fall short....

Bring back the Oilers....lol

your exactly right. i want it to be back to being competitive cause the more of those you play the better you will be in the playoffs. battle tested. in the playoffs im always afc north (central as i call it) then afc in the super bowl. im hopeful that he can turn this around. he was solid in NY but they dont keep coaches long if you dont win. i mean it wasnt long ago the giants almost fired coughlin haha. he wasnt my 1st or 2nd choice, but i stand by that he was probobly the most qualified guy we could get. i dont think that we are far off though, there is talent here. i hope he can bring it out of them. i give it 1 year and if not, another complete overhall...

and by 1 year i mean be competitve, not go deep in the playoffs haha

Stairwayto7
01-10-2009, 08:55 AM
JT, I disagree that your team has talent, well some but not alot. Hear me out here.
The O-line was suppose to be one of the better lines, coming into the season, I would give them a D. Joe Thomas was exposed, mostly because the rest of the line is weak.
Your TE, was destine to be great, he is average. Injury prone, and he doesn`t block like a TE. Heiden on the other hand is desent, but his career may be over.
Wr`s - Edwards is over rated, and probably will want out. The other guys, average. JJ is probably finished. and DS never was any good.
QB - no proven Qb`s here. DA will still have a chance according to mangini, that means two big contracts to carry. And I still think BQ has alot to prove. all he has thrown is the short dink passes. Anybody can throw deep, its not a high completion % on a bomb anyway. Its the 15 to 18 yard throws that BQ has never been good at, that makes a pro. Those 15 to 18 yard intermediate passes, wil make or break a QB. DA can throw them. Montana made a career out of those passes.
RB - JL he is a bruiser, bruiser don`t last long. He is just about finished.

Defense- D-line is solid. C+
Linebackers - Your team was not ready to go to a 3-4. They didn`t have the right players. Thier linebackers do not fit the mold for a 3-4. The LB`s group as a whole, C- at best.

DB`s, I think we all know that this may be the weakest link of this team.

Special teams- solid. Great kicker, good return game. B+

You know, its not just because I`m a Steelers fan. Alot of my insight here, is what I`ve picked up from my friends that are die hard browns fans. Tis is not just my opinion alone. This team is way off. Detroit was better by year end. And Cinci

--- Added 1/10/2009 at 06:55 AM ---

The browns played well against a very weak schedule in 07. Against the big boys in 08??

dawgs
01-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh, here we go. dawgs disappears for awhile when his team tanks it and comes back when he has nothing to loose to talk crap....:lol:

1. You're right though. Saying the clowns are a step down from the lions is an insult to the lions. They are more like 5 steps down...:yesnod:

2. It's just a matter of time before he opens his mouth and inserts foot. It comes with the labotomy a clowns coach gets upon hiring. :rofl:

3. Anger is relative. And all your team is related, hence the problem they continually have. :hilarious:

4. Again, not mad. Just pointing out that we will continue to own you no matter which knuckle head they bring in to coach. It is in their DNA to be a bunch of losers. :yellowthumb:

Sorry, kinda lame, but I just love hating the clowns. :nahnah: :cope:

thats why i left for a while. I've been called gay, bi**ch, pretty much everything there is. Just not something I need to deal with. But I got alot of free time in class and at work. so thought ill stop in.

But ya all i want to do is have some good converstations with steleers fans. There's a couple cool people in here, but most just wanna call me name's and say stuff thats clearly not right.

--- Added 1/12/2009 at 12:03 PM ---

But you loved what he did. Because they were cheating. and who know's, If mangini did not say something they might still be winning championships and the steelers would not be where they are now.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2009, 02:05 PM
You're alright with me Dawgs.....I know we have had some debates but I don't hold a grudge......I actually like having other teams fans around to keep it interesting.......

dawgs
01-12-2009, 02:27 PM
JT, I disagree that your team has talent, well some but not alot. Hear me out here.

Ewards has talent. you don't put up 16 TD's by mistake. He had a bad season.

rucker kinda like winslow with speed and hands. also the reason why winslow will be on the trading block.

stallworth had some good seasons. He needs to stay healthy. But does have talent.

thomas, steinbach, tucker, quinn, vickers, cribbs, winslow, rogers, jones, jackson, pool. dawson, dave Z. pointbrand(the probowl long snapper).

corey williams is better then he played.

I even like are corners. Now we need some help there for them. But they have talent. holly coming back will help. But a young ty law and sanders could not do good on this team. No pass rush and QB had all day.

we need a OLB
MLB
pass rusher on the DL
backup RB (to share carries with lewis who is on a decline)
WR

derrick ward, ray magulaua(whatever), are possible. some other good FA's and players in the draft. Deep draft.

ejsteeler
01-12-2009, 03:13 PM
You're alright with me Dawgs.....I know we have had some debates but I don't hold a grudge......I actually like having other teams fans around to keep it interesting.......

Yeah man, don't take it personally. As I said at the end of my post, which had plenty of smileys to lighten the mood, I just love hating the clowns. But you must realize that, as a Steeler site, you're going to catch crap especially when you're trying to lift the clowns up on a pedestal......:yellowthumb: :cope:

dawgs
01-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah man, don't take it personally. As I said at the end of my post, which had plenty of smileys to lighten the mood, I just love hating the clowns. But you must realize that, as a Steeler site, you're going to catch crap especially when you're trying to lift the clowns up on a pedestal......:yellowthumb: :cope:

na I got no probelm with that. But its just the name calling. Thats takin it alittle far.

browns don't have talent? Guess you have not seen are newest member...

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=6523

ejsteeler
01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
na I got no probelm with that. But its just the name calling. Thats takin it alittle far.

browns don't have talent? Guess you have not seen are newest member...

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=6523

That's priceless.....I'b be afraid, very afraid....:lol:

Forged in Steel
01-12-2009, 05:29 PM
The Browns really like Cheaties coaches. Romeo and now the Gini...wow.

CNY_STEELER_FAN
01-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I was disappointed to see the Browns screw up so early in the 2009 season. To hire a head coach without the GM is not a good recipe, unless the plan is to be ready to hire Cowher next year.

Mangini's problem is he's too big on hiring friends (it's fun to do, but doesn't always produce as well because you need the competition). Personally, I thought the Browns would've waited 3+ weeks to at least try Shannahan or go for a few coordinators from a playoff team.

Oh well, at least we can take some satisfaction in beating another Belicheat disciple.

Stairwayto7
01-12-2009, 10:55 PM
The browns are lacking talent, nothing personal meant by that statement. I wok with some huge browns fans, former college plays at that. And they all agree, the browns played a very weak 2007 season, that attributed to the players success. Stalworth is terrible. He wasnt the answer. edwards isn`t as bad as he played this season, but he isnt as good as they thought after the 2007 season either,somewhere inbetween.

As far as the name calling! You started alot of your problems. You had some pretty bold statements and no evidence to back them up. none of your predictions came true, none. You talked all kinds of browns crap in the wrong areas, the Steelers talk was for Steelers talk only. Then you threw around the HOMER thing all the time, this is a Steelers board, thats why we are here. We backed our players and claimed we were homers??? but we must have been close to right, we are playing for the AFC Championship again.

Heres where the browns go wrong. Noll took what 5 years to win a ring, Cowher around 12? Stick with someone already. Changing philosphy and team will get you nowhere. Why would anybody want a job where the coach averages 5 years? I want the browns to keep losing, but the fact is lerner needs a president, he isnt a football guy.

No more name calling from me.

NCSteeler
01-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Now they are thinking of keeping Romeo on as an advisor or something.
http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/browns/x497783651/Todd-Porter-Mangini-will-ask-Crennel-to-stay

Also gonna let Manginia hire the GM. A little backwards at best, whom would fire whom when the time comes???
http://aclevelanderinexile.blogspot.com/2009/01/before-you-question-mangini-question.html

dawgs
01-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I was disappointed to see the Browns screw up so early in the 2009 season. To hire a head coach without the GM is not a good recipe,

1. mike brown was hired before danny ferry. But ya the cavs suck. 29-6 ewww.

2. The browns had there GM the day mangini was hired. Kokinis from bartimore. They just can't sign him yet.

3. why do people call mangini a nark? first off I have not heard anyone say that word in a long long time. But the guy did the right thing. He was the head coach of the jets, and he new the pats were cheating. how could he not say something. Plus you all should love him. without him saying that, who knows the pats could still be owning everyone.

--- Added 1/13/2009 at 01:02 PM ---

I was disappointed to see the Browns screw up so early in the 2009 season. To hire a head coach without the GM is not a good recipe, unless the plan is to be ready to hire Cowher next year.

Mangini's problem is he's too big on hiring friends (it's fun to do, but doesn't always produce as well because you need the competition). Personally, I thought the Browns would've waited 3+ weeks to at least try Shannahan or go for a few coordinators from a playoff team.

Oh well, at least we can take some satisfaction in beating another Belicheat disciple.

shannahan? what wins the AFC north? high flying offense? no browns had that last season. defense does. shannahan knows nothing about def. Plus he's been nothing special since elway left.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Dawgs.....I take it Mangini is sticking with the 3-4?......Rogers proved to be a good fit for the 3-4 but Corey Williams didn't and really Williams needs to play in a 4-3 type......I questioned Williams playing in a 3-4 big time........But my main question about Mangini and the 3-4 is he better get some pass rushers at OLB.......The Browns had just 17 sacks and that is a huge need for the Browns heading into the off-season......I know Mangini didn't run the same type of 3-4 as the Steelers do......It was similar to Romeo's 3-4 style..........But still you need pass rushers at OLB to run that type of defense......

blitzburgh58
01-13-2009, 05:50 PM
The Browns really like Cheaties coaches. Romeo and now the Gini...wow.

Yeah and the funny thing is they had cheatie!:cope:

dawgs
01-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Dawgs.....I take it Mangini is sticking with the 3-4?......Rogers proved to be a good fit for the 3-4 but Corey Williams didn't and really Williams needs to play in a 4-3 type......I questioned Williams playing in a 3-4 big time........But my main question about Mangini and the 3-4 is he better get some pass rushers at OLB.......The Browns had just 17 sacks and that is a huge need for the Browns heading into the off-season......I know Mangini didn't run the same type of 3-4 as the Steelers do......It was similar to Romeo's 3-4 style..........But still you need pass rushers at OLB to run that type of defense......

ya man I agree. I love jackson but he is the only good LB the browns have. curry would be a great fit, also if they were able to get suggs, omg!!! But we gotta trade DA to free up some money.

as for williams he was hurt most of last season. I do think he would be better in a 4-3, but he's 6'4 320pounds and has decent speed. Another year learnng the system, plus bringing in some better LB's would make him alot better.

CNY_STEELER_FAN
01-17-2009, 12:01 PM
1. mike brown was hired before danny ferry. But ya the cavs suck. 29-6 ewww.

2. The browns had there GM the day mangini was hired. Kokinis from bartimore. They just can't sign him yet.

3. why do people call mangini a nark? first off I have not heard anyone say that word in a long long time. But the guy did the right thing. He was the head coach of the jets, and he new the pats were cheating. how could he not say something. Plus you all should love him. without him saying that, who knows the pats could still be owning everyone.
--- Added 1/13/2009 at 01:02 PM ---

shannahan? what wins the AFC north? high flying offense? no browns had that last season. defense does. shannahan knows nothing about def. Plus he's been nothing special since elway left.

1. Last I checked, Cavs don't play football.

2. If that turns out to be true, and he approved of hiring Mangini, then that might change my opinion a bit.

3. Mangini never blew the whistle on Belicheck until he left for the Jets. Unless the Jets suddenly gave Mangini morals, it's not an argument I'd use to support Mangini's character.

4a. Shannahan has some consistency with producing good running game (albeit with questionable blocking strategies). I'm not a Shannahan fan, but Mangini has done little more than Herm Edwards did at the Jets, and I thought KC made a big mistake trying so hard to get Edwards.

4b. I just personally think the Browns seem to intent on trying to be "Patriots South". I noticed most of the upper coaching staff are from the Patriots now, and Belicheck and a few others failed in Cleveland once already.

4c. I do hope Mangini proves me wrong, as currently, Brown - Steeler games have no bite. It's hard to really enjoy beating the Browns of late...but I fear it is another example of Ownership trying to do the right thing and then just not taking enough time to get it right.

5. I'll certainly admit, anyone that proudly continues to be a Browns fan right now is a true fan...but I always be Black'n'Gold. :tt02::tt02:

Stairwayto7
01-17-2009, 01:06 PM
brownies should have waited, I would have taken Gruden over manigini, any day

dawgs
01-17-2009, 02:00 PM
brownies should have waited, I would have taken Gruden over manigini, any day

I do agree there. But you guys have made fun of mangini for being hated, gruden does not have 1 friend in the NFL lol.

I like gruden alot, but mangini was the best there at the time, and I have alot of faith in him.

ejsteeler
01-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Sorry but, it doesn't matter who is captaining that ship, the clowns will be a non-factor for at least 3 more years. Even then, they will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. It's their destiny. :yesnod:

Stairwayto7
01-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Sorry but, it doesn't matter who is captaining that ship, the clowns will be a non-factor for at least 3 more years. Even then, they will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. It's their destiny. :yesnod:

true That!:bunny: