PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle????!!!!

ARKIESTEEL
01-07-2009, 11:33 AM
It seems to me that when we go no huddle in a semi hurry up style of offense that our abilty to move the ball is much improved. I am not saying do this and pass the ball ever play but you can run out of this style of offense as well. I also feel that we have 4 decent RB that we can shift in and out for ever changing pace of offense that could keep the Bolts on their heels and guessing as to what they are fixing to see. I also think our new FB #49 Mccque (spl) should see the ball a few more times on quick inside hand offs. I hate the bunch formation enough said about that. Also WR screens are pretty stupid in my opinion. We can kill them with slants and play action all day if we can gain 3 to 4 yards rushing ever now and then. I also think that if we get a 7 to 10 point lead its time to break out a trick/gadget play to give the next team we play something to think about even if it does not work. Maybe line Dixon up at WR for a reverse pass or reverse pass option run.

On defense just be yourselves and all will work itself out

Just a few thoughts

ejsteeler
01-07-2009, 11:37 AM
A couple innovative gadget plays would not be a bad thing. Like you said, if nothing else, it gives the opposition something else to worry about. :2cents:

steelcitysfinestXL
01-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Maybe line Dixon up at WR for a reverse pass or reverse pass option run.

Just when i think this site cant get any DUMBER, you go and say a thing like that ...
AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!! :nahnah::cope:
I have been saying that since the Ravens/Miami game. Run a Wildcat with Dixon, Parker and/or MeMo. I know the gadget plays were alot of Whis' doing but im sure even bruce can dream something up to get that kid on the field... he is a AMAZING athlete who so far has done nothing but hold a clip board... and we could use a spark now more than ever!!!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Just when i think this site cant get any DUMBER, you go and say a thing like that ...
I have been saying that since the Ravens/Miami game. Run a Wildcat with Dixon, Parker and/or MeMo. I know the gadget plays were alot of Whis' doing but im sure even bruce can dream something up to get that kid on the field... he is a AMAZING athlete who so far has done nothing but hold a clip board... and we could use a spark now more than ever!!!

Agreed..But i can't see them implementing a gadget play at this point when they have not even attempted one all year.The last thing that even resembled some trickery was in preseason when Ben lined up as a wideout.This offense has been stale and too damn predictable all year and i doubt we'll see any dramatic changes in the post-season.

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I dont know. I think if we missed on that TD against the Ravens we would have seen a trick play on 4th down. Steeler digest has been hinting that they have been holding something up their sleeves all year and are waiting for the right time to unleash it. If your going to run trick plays, you need to be a good run team, thats why the Whiz was able to pull that off. So far this year we have not been strong there. but also we have played a lot of good teams....I think we might have a few tricks for the playoffs, but if we start to bust up the Chargers we wont see it until the Championship game. Or SB...

steelers4life66
01-07-2009, 01:05 PM
It seems to me that when we go no huddle in a semi hurry up style of offense that our abilty to move the ball is much improved. Thats cuz Ben's calling the plays not BA.:lol: You might yet see some trick plays before its all over. I know Dick likes to keep a few blitz plays in his back pocket for the play offs, Maybe BA is doing the same.:2cents:

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Thats cuz Ben's calling the plays not BA.:lol: You might yet see some trick plays before its all over. I know Dick likes to keep a few blitz plays in his back pocket for the play offs, Maybe BA is doing the same.:2cents:
I like your avitar. Makes me a little misty....

ARKIESTEEL
01-07-2009, 01:11 PM
I wish I never said anything about the trick plays I mainly was talking about the running the no huddle the whole game unless of course we are up by 14 or so

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM
I wish I never said anything about the trick plays I mainly was talking about the running the no huddle the whole game unless of course we are up by 14 or so
Why are you wanting to take it back? Its a good thing to get that off your chest. It sparked a few good thoughts.

steelers4life66
01-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I like your avitar. Makes me a little misty....
Thanks my sister inlaw sent that to me. Don't know where she got it from.

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks my sister inlaw sent that to me. Don't know where she got it from.I think its a sign of things to come. Like the Steelers riding off into the sunset holding up their 6th SB trophy....Tell her thanks.

ARKIESTEEL
01-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Why are you wanting to take it back? Its a good thing to get that off your chest. It sparked a few good thoughts.

I guess I was wanting to hear more thoughts on the no huddle part of it.

I know this is crazy but what would their Defense do if we went 4 wide with Parker Davis Russel and Miller. Left Moore in the Back Field

steelers4life66
01-07-2009, 01:23 PM
I think its a sign of things to come. Like the Steelers riding off into the sunset holding up their 6th SB trophy....Tell her thanks.
I like the way you think man.:yellowthumb: Maybe it is a sign from the football gods.:pray:

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 01:29 PM

I know this is crazy but what would their Defense do if we went 4 wide with Parker Davis Russel and Miller. Left Moore in the Back FieldNo huddle has been great for us this year. we put the game in Bens hands and it has worked. Now to run it most of the game might not be so great. What we have done is kept the Def from changing out players or being able to call a play. If we put the line up in your talking about the Def might not worry about anyone going deep. would freak some people out though...me being one of them...lol

steelers4life66
01-07-2009, 01:31 PM

I know this is crazy but what would their Defense do if we went 4 wide with Parker Davis Russel and Miller. Left Moore in the Back Field
I've heard guys that know more about football than me say their are times to run the no huddle and times not too. Said the QB knows. What its all about I don't understand. I'm like you if its working why not go with it.

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 01:35 PM
I like the way you think man.:yellowthumb: Maybe it is a sign from the football gods.:pray:It could be. They dont ever show themselves to me when I call upon them (Football gods) but I know they are there. this could be their way of telling us this is the year of the Steeler. They like to show off from time to time....lol

blackngold29
01-07-2009, 01:38 PM
I've been hoping that they would just start the game in the no huddle. That would really throw the D off because.. well, they've never done it.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2009, 01:38 PM
As long as Arians the OC here he hasn't show the capability to think outside the box enough to implement any gadget plays much less actually run the no huddle on a regular basis. Every game we beat our heads against the wall time after time and then when we actually run the no huddle and move the ball effectively we go away from it! It's the same old story week after week and it drives nuts how much capability this offense has but we never see it.

Run the no no huddle at various times of the game regardless of the situation! Open a game using it, then go away from it for a few series then do it again. Run it again in the 2nd half too, just use it more often then when we get behind and have to do it. Just think of the ways we could keep the defense on the field without substituting and wear them out, then get the ball back and pound them with the run, then do it again. By the time the 4th quarter gets here they are tired and have no idea what we're going to do next!

Hey I can dream can't I?

ejsteeler
01-07-2009, 01:41 PM
TG for OC!!!!! :cope:

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
TG for OC!!!!! :cope:So far though this season I would take my 1 year old over BA.

JensK
01-07-2009, 02:04 PM
The No huddle is good, but it shouldnt be neccisary at all. We have all the talent we want to go out and control the ball, we just aint doing it. Call it play-calling, call it lack of o-line. It does not matter. No Huddle is a good weapon to have, yes, but the supricing part of it is gone if you have to run it too much. You have to keep in mind that the defence needs a few breaks aswell, which No Huddle does not help them with.

Im all for gadget plays, and they way we have been playing on offence so far it sure as hell will come as a suprice! :P

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
The No huddle is good, but it shouldnt be neccisary at all. We have all the talent we want to go out and control the ball, we just aint doing it. Call it play-calling, call it lack of o-line. It does not matter. No Huddle is a good weapon to have, yes, but the supricing part of it is gone if you have to run it too much. You have to keep in mind that the defence needs a few breaks aswell, which No Huddle does not help them with.

Im all for gadget plays, and they way we have been playing on offence so far it sure as hell will come as a suprice! :P
If we run the no huddle correct the Def will get plenty of rest. I know that if we score in 2 minutes maybe not, but going three and out is far worse for our Def then running a no huddle and scoring. Worse case we move the ball and keep the Def off the field for a longer time. but I a gree that if we jusr run that, it lacks surprise and everyone would be ready for it. but like TG said if we use it to start the game, mid-way through the second quarter and again in the second half it would pay off.

Stlrs4Life
01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
I agree, we need to use the no huddle more often.

popstaala
01-07-2009, 08:25 PM
no huddle= ben calling plays =BA sit and watch on the sideline= offense clicking= TD

Silverback
01-08-2009, 12:38 AM
no huddle= ben calling plays =BA sit and watch on the sideline= offense clicking= TD

:plus1:, why is Bruce Arians employed?

augustashark
01-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Just look at 05. Cowher finally realized that mixing up the gameplan actually helps in the playoffs. I'm not saying to go nuts, but coming out in the no huddle will most certianly throw off the Chargers D. Its the playoffs, now is not the time to leave anything in the bag!

TampaSteelGirl
01-09-2009, 03:32 PM

hahaha! love that quote!! I totally agree! I think no huddle offense is right on. Anyone can see how well it's working and seems to work better for Ben as well. Everything clicks with no huddle. I'd love to see more of it. Now that this is a playoff game if things are going wrong and the play calling is bad I see Ben taking to Tomlin again and asking him to go no huddle. I know Ben won't let us down this game.