PDA

View Full Version : Will this be another low scoring game for the Steelers offense?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I sure hope we aren't looking at another 11-10 type of game this weekend, I would hope against the 25th ranked defense that the Chargers have that even our inconsistent offense will be able to move the ball. This is a game were Ben can take control and really put on a show if he's ready to go and is on that day. We had all the yards and then some that we needed and we had nearly double the yards that they had but we still couldn't punch it in for the score.

I know the Chargers are playing inspired football right now and are loving the underdog role so to speak but for our offense there is absolutely no reason why we shouldnt move the ball and score on these guys and if we can't then we are truly an apparition of a playoff team IMO. Maybe it will come down to some big ST plays for us, our unit is capable of making those this year as we've seen.

You can't be cautious and hold back in the playoffs, if this offense is capable of anything now is the time to show it!

Richmond Rukus
01-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Ben has seemed to struggle coming back from concussions. If he is not effective, looks uncomfortable in the pocket like he doesn't want to get hit, and is making bad decisions, I hope Tomlin will put the team first, and bring in Lefty to finish the game. Then hand the reigns back to Ben for the AFC Championship game. With any luck, we will see the Ben of the 2005 playoffs.

That said, you have to start Ben, because if he is able to come out and play at 90-100%, he is by far the better QB.

I firmly believe with decent QB play, and taking care of the football that we can put up over 20 points in this game. Nothing new, but I really hope we play the short passing game. 3 step drops, screens, and run out of the I to set up a couple tries downfield, and to back off the pass rush. We were able to move the ball in our last game, and we were without Miller (not to mention Townsend and B-Mac on the defensive side of the ball an only gave up 10 points). We were also running out of the idiotic tight end sets, instead of the I, and Parker gained over 100 yards. I think we could have success moving the ball, and punching in a couple scores, which should be enough to win the game.

But I don't think it will be an easy game, and I plan on coming really close to a heart attack yet again this week.

AZ_Steeler
01-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't see a low scoring game from the Steelers... for some reason I'm seeing them going off on the Chargers and shutting the Chargers down! Yeah I know, the Steelers offense hasn't done anything since the Patriots game which is why they are due! You gotta think the switch will come on at some point and everything will come together. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but there isn't anything wrong with that!

ejsteeler
01-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't see a low scoring game from the Steelers... for some reason I'm seeing them going off on the Chargers and shutting the Chargers down! Yeah I know, the Steelers offense hasn't done anything since the Patriots game which is why they are due! You gotta think the switch will come on at some point and everything will come together. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but there isn't anything wrong with that!

I'm right there with you AZ. I have a feeling about this game. I'm trying to keep it in check thinking it just may be my excitement of being in the playoffs and loving my team, but I think a blowout by our boys is very over due and this is the stage they love to do it on. :cope:

LatrobePA
01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Will this be another low scoring game for the Steelers offense?

Is a frogs bunghole water-tight? Do bears poop in the woods! LOL

J/K, I think and hope it'll be a blow out!!

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
I doubt it will be like the first game. I think the score will be something like 27-10, Steelers. Look for our Def to set up a couple scores.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Im kind of in line with the thinking you are all are at right now, this game might be higher scoring than we think. You have think of Defense is feeling confident right now being healthy, getting the shutout in week 17, and knowing how much this team depends on them so Im not too worried about them right now, they will keep us in the game but if there was ever a time to start becoming a scoring machine it's now, no question!

ARKIESTEEL
01-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I might be wrong but I think that the O line knows that "Ben on his back" is about 50% their fault and now not only do they have something to prove they also have a title to play for. I got a feeling that Ben is ready and that he also has something to prove and that we are going to see a more AFCC VS the Broncos type play from him. Willie looked good last game (I Know it was playing the browns) and I think he is healed up and ready to rock. I also liked what he said in a interveiw that the last playoff game he played in we won the super bowl.

With all that said I can really see our D putting up at least 6 and our O putting up around 21 to go with it so if you call 28 to what ever they score low then it will be low but I look for 28 to 30 out of our team.

Also we are due for a score from a punt return or kick return

Just my thoughts.

LatrobePA
01-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Also we are due for a score from a punt return or kick return Just my thoughts.

Us or them?

lloydfan4life
01-07-2009, 01:14 PM
I hate to rain on your parade boys.... BUT, I just don't see our O putting up a whole lot of points. We've struggled like crazy in the red zone here lately and BA does NOT know how to put together a game plan that works!! Couple that with Ben's bell getting rung like it did and WP not being able to find a hole (other than the one on the practice field when he injured his ankle) and I'm not getting a real warm fuzzy feeling about this game. :evilshake:

I hope I'm dead wrong and BA gets his act together, Ben passes for 400 yards & 4 TD's, and Willie rushes for 150!! :yesnod:

Let's Go Steelers!!!! :cope::cope:
Let's kick some Charger *** this weekend!! :helmet:

ARKIESTEEL
01-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Us or them?

I was damn sure meaning us

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2009, 02:31 PM
If the offense can score 20 then we should win the game......I would like to see the offense come out and put up 30 points but I would be happy with 20......Steelers win 20-13........

HUNT4SEVEN
01-07-2009, 02:54 PM
:haha:Other than Willie finding the hole in practice:rofl: PRICELESS:hilarious:

Ambridge
01-07-2009, 07:02 PM
I think it will be another low scoring tight game.....a mirror image of the first time they met.
My wildest imagination can't see a lot of points being scored.

Stairwayto7
01-07-2009, 07:09 PM
NO! We will score at least 27 points. arians will have a muzzle on!

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 07:10 PM
NO! We will score at least 27 points. arians will have a muzzle on!
Thats what I think too. I think 27 to 31 points will be our average over the next three games. We have been saving the best stuff for the big time games, and here we go....

Steelersfan
01-07-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm feeling a lot better going into this game than I was the Jags game last year. I think the Steelers can put up 27-30 points on the Chargers. Most of that stemming from the D setting the O up with good field position.

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm feeling a lot better going into this game than I was the Jags game last year. I think the Steelers can put up 27-30 points on the Chargers. Most of that stemming from the D setting the O up with good field position.I felt pretty darn good last year because no team had EVER beat the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh in the same season. I would have bet my 60 inch big screen on it. Then when they fought back and took the lead, I thought they did it....Then...they choked!!!!! I only say we when we win. I use "they" if THEY lose....lol

Steelersfan
01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I felt pretty darn good last year because no team had EVER beat the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh in the same season. I would have bet my 60 inch big screen on it. Then when they fought back and took the lead, I thought they did it....Then...they choked!!!!! I only say we when we win. I use "they" if THEY lose....lol

What I didn't like was having lost 3 of 4 going into the playoffs. Pretty sure I wouldn't have bet my big screen on that game anyways......lol

ejsteeler
01-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Bet my big screen!:eek1: No way, no how. I love my Steelers but, a man has to know his limitations.....:lol:

Steel Trap86
01-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I think we need to crush a team like San Diego right now. That is what will boost this team going into the AFC Title game, not just squeaking by 11-10 or 17-13, Im talking like a 42-6 game.

DIESELMAN
01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Not trying to be an ******* but I sure wish this game would get here already.....I'm tired of talking about the same old same old every day..........LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRING ON THE CHARGERS, RATBIRDS, TITANS, I DON'T CARE WHO THE **** WE PLAY NEXT, THEY ARE GOING TO WISH THEY GOT KNOCKED OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS BEFORE THEY HAD TO PLAY THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!!! **** THESE MOTHER ****ERS!!! WHO THINKS THEY CAN PLAY AGAINST US? NOBODY!!!! WE ARE THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS, ANYONE STANDING IN OUR WAY IS GOING TO GET THEIR HEADS RIPPED OFF, THEIR BODIES STOMPED INTO THE TURF, BLOOD AND BROKEN BONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LatrobePA
01-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I think we need to crush a team like San Diego right now. That is what will boost this team going into the AFC Title game, not just squeaking by 11-10 or 17-13, Im talking like a 42-6 game.

I will go for that! :banana:

Stairwayto7
01-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Diesel, I agree, lets get to Sunday already. But the 4:45 start time sucks

BlitzburghNation
01-08-2009, 11:42 AM

:ditto:
Been feeling like our team's gonna kick some :moon: :greengrin::tt02::greengrin:

Dean Denton
01-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Diesel, I agree, lets get to Sunday already. But the 4:45 start time sucks
I like it because thats 1:45 out here, and I wont feel as bad getting trashed at that time of day....lol

Steel Trap86
01-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I like it because thats 1:45 out here, and I wont feel as bad getting trashed at that time of day....lol

lol its still 4:45 over here, but i'll be getting wasted and hyped up way before that while the Giants and Eagles are playing, should be a good game! little warm up for the big one at Heinz Field!!!

Dean Denton
01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
lol its still 4:45 over here, but i'll be getting wasted and hyped up way before that while the Giants and Eagles are playing, should be a good game! little warm up for the big one at Heinz Field!!!I have to say this year has been a good one for me because most the time the Steeler games come on at 10 AM, but I only had a few of those this year. Most games were at 1 PM...Perfect for that high noon drink fest...lol

Mark B.
01-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Man I would love to see that cocky Phillips Rivers flat on his back! That guy's trash talking and smart *** actions sure are gutsy considering that he has no Super Bowl wins. The only real respectable Dolts are either not playing (LT) or injured (Gates).

I pray that the Steelers come out screaming and the offense puts up 24 or so. We are also due some defensive scores. Say all the bad we want about those criminal thugs on that stolen Ratbird team, they do score some points on defense. We need some of that too.

I just don't know if my heart stomach can handle another 11-10 game. Do we need to go and slaughter a goat to get the mojo back?

Steel Trap86
01-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I just don't know if my heart stomach can handle another 11-10 game. Do we need to go and slaughter a goat to get the mojo back?

Trust me, I was at the Chargers/Steelers game in November and I was dying for some ****ing action. NO touchdowns the whole game, well there were 2, but the refs took both of them away along with 115 yards in penalties I think it was. This game we HAVE to come out swinging, Lights out on defense and put up some points, otherwise even with a win, it will not put any more confidence in an AFC Title.

ARKIESTEEL
01-12-2009, 09:23 AM
I might be wrong but I think that the O line knows that "Ben on his back" is about 50% their fault and now not only do they have something to prove they also have a title to play for. I got a feeling that Ben is ready and that he also has something to prove and that we are going to see a more AFCC VS the Broncos type play from him. Willie looked good last game (I Know it was playing the browns) and I think he is healed up and ready to rock. I also liked what he said in a interveiw that the last playoff game he played in we won the super bowl.

With all that said I can really see our D putting up at least 6 and our O putting up around 21 to go with it so if you call 28 to what ever they score low then it will be low but I look for 28 to 30 out of our team.

Also we are due for a score from a punt return or kick return

Just my thoughts.

oooops called that one