PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report Steelers - Chargers

JensK
01-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Yarr! As always an early injury report!

NOTES -- All starters practiced yesterday, FS Ryan Clark practiced yesterday after missing the Dec. 28 game against Cleveland. He should be able to start Sunday. ... LB James Harrison also practiced after missing the game against Cleveland with a hip pointer. ... The players have off today and resume practice tomorrow.

I am wondering if that also includes Ben?:thinking: Heres hoping!

The Chargers are pretty much healthy aswell. It seems like Gates is back at full speed, but as you all know, LT is still injured, and it looks like its more serious than first expected.

LaDainian Tomlinson is perhaps hurt worse than the team is letting on, Darren Sproles is sore from all the running he did in a thrilling wild-card win, and the San Diego Chargers are worried about the weather and the Pittsburgh Steelers' defense. Still the playoffs march on.

Interresting indeed. I guees we'll just have to wait and see how it all developes. Anyways, it seems to be two pretty healthy teams right now. Chargers should be rather banged up after the colts game though. Im betting its not going to be nice to play in the cold cold weather against this Steelers defence!

Steelersfan
01-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Ben did practice yesterday.

http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17790&page=7

Stairwayto7
01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Bring on the cold

HUNT4SEVEN
01-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Bring on the cold an the snow:yesnod:, i hope we come out playing loose, i really like our chances againts the Chargers:tt02::cope:

yinzer
01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
just watched tomlin's presser. he said EVERYBODY is healthy. it's on again tonight at 6:30 p.m. on FSN for those of you in the burgh area.

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
The Charges can all come in health, but they all leave feeling busted and broken. Rivers passer rating should be somewhere between 30.3 and 44.2. LT, can sprint or run into Heinz field but will be limping off before half time. All we do is beat up HB, and if your hurt, well, sucks to be you. Sproles on the other hand... That guy can hide in the guards pocket, then just hop out on you and be gone for 80 yards...lol He is a dangerous weapon to have.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Im sure Sproles will suck it up and play as good as he can, it is the playoffs afterall. Pittsburgh cannot afford to overlook their running game just because Tomlinson either doesn't play or is severely hampered; we all thought the Cowboys wouldn't be able to run against us and Choice had a pretty good day between running and receiving so we still have to line up and stop the run regardless of who's in there.

If this were a regular season game Tomlinson wouldn't even be in there right now with that bad of an injury.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Im sure Sproles will suck it up and play as good as he can, it is the playoffs afterall. Pittsburgh cannot afford to overlook their running game just because Tomlinson either doesn't play or is severely hampered; we all thought the Cowboys wouldn't be able to run against us and Choice had a pretty good day between running and receiving so we still have to line up and stop the run regardless of who's in there.

If this were a regular season game Tomlinson wouldn't even be in there right now with that bad of an injury.

Ok about Choice he did have that one long run.....But the Steelers sold out to stop the pass and only had 2 DL in there.......The Cowboys actually called a great play there to catch the Steelers off guard........

I'm not worried about LT or Sproles.......This defense will stop the run and especially in the play-offs.....Actually I'm not worried about that punk Rivers either.....The Steelers held him check without Townsend and McFadden the last time......

The only advantage the Chargers have will be field position....Since their punter is a beast........

I'm not at all worried about the Chargers........The only thing I'm thinking about is will the Steelers host the AFC title game or will they be heading to Nashville........:lol:

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 02:04 PM

Thats not just a good point, thats a great one. Did any of us think Choice would have that kind of game against us? I for one did not. I thought he would be lucky to get 40 yards. That guy became the biggest weapon on their roster. Sproles should strike fear into the hearts of all Steeler fans and players. The guy is a weapon.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Thats not just a good point, thats a great one. Did any of us think Choice would have that kind of game against us? I for one did not. I thought he would be lucky to get 40 yards. That guy became the biggest weapon on their roster. Sproles should strike fear into the hearts of all Steeler fans and players. The guy is a weapon.

Like Black and Gold said...Choice only had a decent game against us because we concentrated more on stuffing the Cowboys passing attack with Witten and T.O.
Granted he had a few runs..but I'm sure the defensive game plan was to let them run a little bit but stop the pass.With that bieng said i'm actually more worried with Sproules back there then LT....LT has been playin hurt all year and hasn't been himself.Sproules plays like LT on crack.But i think we got something for whoever totes the rock this weekend.Bring em on!:cope:

steelers4life66
01-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I look for Farrior and Foote to give Sproles a bad day. Think we can stack the line and the corners will be able to cover the WR's. With Troy roaming around I'm sure of it.

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Like Black and Gold said...Choice only had a decent game against us because we concentrated more on stuffing the Cowboys passing attack with Witten and T.O.
Granted he had a few runs..but I'm sure the defensive game plan was to let them run a little bit but stop the pass.With that bieng said i'm actually more worried with Sproules back there then LT....LT has been playin hurt all year and hasn't been himself.Sproules plays like LT on crack.But i think we got something for whoever totes the rock this weekend.Bring em on!:cope:Choice was burning us in the passing too, its not like he was only running the ball. Sproles can be the same kind od weapon, and be even more damaging. Thats all thats being said. Your right, we will beat them like the stole somethin...

jev7452
01-06-2009, 02:41 PM
sproles is definitely a good weapon but as most of the steelers players were saying, they all watched the first round in playoffs and the defense will know to expect the run. Rivers played pretty well but as im sure everyone else noticed, as soon as he got pressures, he threw the ball away or made a terrible pass, with the exception of a few. they have a decent offense but they will be going against the number one defense. we have a decent offense and we're going against one of the worst defenses, statistically at least. as long as the steelers dont rack up another 115 yrds worth of penalties and ben doesnt throw any interceptions (bye week should help that) then i think pittsburgh should be able to pull it off. and dont forget we have harrison and clark back! they'll wreck havoc

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 02:59 PM
sproles is definitely a good weapon but as most of the steelers players were saying, they all watched the first round in playoffs and the defense will know to expect the run. Rivers played pretty well but as im sure everyone else noticed, as soon as he got pressures, he threw the ball away or made a terrible pass, with the exception of a few. they have a decent offense but they will be going against the number one defense. we have a decent offense and we're going against one of the worst defenses, statistically at least. as long as the steelers dont rack up another 115 yrds worth of penalties and ben doesnt throw any interceptions (bye week should help that) then i think pittsburgh should be able to pull it off. and dont forget we have harrison and clark back! they'll wreck havoc
I hope that your right, but the last time we played these guys, they played tough in the red zone. Doesn't matter what you give up between the 20's if your Def keeps you out of the End Zone. This game IMO will be low scoring like last time, and it comes down to turnovers. They are more then capable of getting them, and have shown they can get to Ben without much difficulty...

blackngold29
01-06-2009, 04:35 PM
It seems everyone wants some snow, but as I sit here and look out my window everything in sight is covered in a good layer of ice. I think Heinz Field is heated, but it would be awesome if Sproles couldn't cut because there was a layer of ice on the field. Willie doesn't seem to be able to cut anyway....

It's only Tuesday, and the weather report (http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USPA1290?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared)only has coldness so far, but that could change.

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I dont want snow. We dont have that kind of Off any more. Its not going to help our Def, it would help the Chargers and that little Sproles fella. Hard enough to catch that guy after he makes a cut on a dry field...

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
yea, I'm not to crazy about all this wishing for nasty weather for game time, Although we have won in the sloppy/cold/wintery conditions this team really isn't built for it.Maybe defensively yes..but it hurts our offense just as it does the opposition.We used to be able to line up and cram it down your throats for 60 minutes and it didn't matter what the elements were..I always remember back to the superbowl run when Chicago came to town and the Bus put his snow tires on and ran all over them.Maybe Mendenhall can bring back those glory days next year.

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
yea, I'm not to crazy about all this wishing for nasty weather for game time, Although we have won in the sloppy/cold/wintery conditions this team really isn't built for it.Maybe defensively yes..but it hurts our offense just as it does the opposition.We used to be able to line up and cram it down your throats for 60 minutes and it didn't matter what the elements were..I always remember back to the superbowl run when Chicago came to town and the Bus put his snow tires on and ran all over them.Maybe Mendenhall can bring back those glory days next year.
Yes...My favorite shot is Jerome running over whats his face, #54 into the end zone...lol What is Mendenhal about 230? not sure is thats the size for that. We need 240 to 250...

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes...My favorite shot is Jerome running over whats his face, #54 into the end zone...lol What is Mendenhal about 230? not sure is thats the size for that. We need 240 to 250...

Yea Mr.Swagger himself Urlacher...and Willie shook him right out of his cleats in that game too...
Yea Delicious is a little small..but is still a beast..I'm still praying for Willie to get back to his old self and next year him and Mendenhall making a dynamic backfield with Mewelde doing his thing on 3rd downs.It's nice to dream..........

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Yea Mr.Swagger himself Urlacher...and Willie shook him right out of his cleats in that game too...
Yea Delicious is a little small..but is still a beast..I'm still praying for Willie to get back to his old self and next year him and Mendenhall making a dynamic backfield with Mewelde doing his thing on 3rd downs.It's nice to dream..........Yes, in a perfect world that was suppose to be this year.

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 06:31 PM
This is the word around my office. I cant find anything about it. Is this true?

Steelersfan
01-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I haven't seen anything on it but does it really matter? If the Steelers lose it won't be because some RB ran all over them........lol
That and if he is hurt I don't see where he could help them much at all.

Steel Trap86
01-07-2009, 06:58 PM
No man I didnt hear they ruled him out yet and we've already heard that Pacman Jones got cut and Mangini is the new Browns coach, nothing about LT being out for sunday... not off NFL Network anyway.

Ambridge
01-07-2009, 07:19 PM
No surprise here. He probably shouldn't have even suited-up last week against Indy.
LT has been pretty much a non-factor for most of the season anyways.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I really didn't count on LT playing anyway........

popstaala
01-07-2009, 08:08 PM
they say on espn that he is not going to play..

Silverback
01-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Torn groin, doubtful, even if he goes I can't see him being any significant factor.

augustashark
01-08-2009, 12:38 AM
What is funny is you will hear SD fans say that they are better off with sproles! LOL, those fans are some real douches. They have one of the best backs to ever play the game and they are happy that their 2nd stringer is playing.

Remember when Bettis tore his growing and we had to go with Amos? I know I was like ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popstaala
01-08-2009, 02:11 AM
if our defense accidentaly kill sproles on his first run... who do you think is going to run for the chargers???? i think its going to be a blowout

blackngold29
01-08-2009, 03:08 AM
From the AP (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgP3QATgBT5B3fA_8utHSZgdsLYF?slug=ap-chargers-tomlinson&prov=ap&type=lgns):

Tomlinson confirmed Wednesday that he has a torn tendon in his groin and listed himself as doubtful for the San Diego Chargers’ playoff game at Pittsburgh on Sunday.

“It’s definitely torn,” Tomlinson said after sitting out Wednesday’s practice. “I can’t really elaborate on it because I don’t want to give too much information away.”

JensK
01-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Three Chargers did not practice yesterday, two because of injury -- tight end Antonio Gates (ankle) and running back LaDainian Tomlinson (groin). Defensive tackle Jamal Williams was held out of practice, but not because of injury. ...

greennick
01-08-2009, 09:06 AM
if our defense accidentaly kill sproles on his first run... who do you think is going to run for the chargers???? i think its going to be a blowout

Michael Bennett??

JensK
01-10-2009, 09:55 AM
SAN DIEGO -- LaDainian Tomlinson was officially listed as doubtful by the Chargers on Friday, two days before they play at Pittsburgh in an AFC Divisional Playoff Game.

Tomlinson himself said he was doubtful two days earlier, and there's a growing expectation that the 2006 NFL MVP won't play because of a detached tendon in his groin.

"I'm going to hold out hope, but I don't know if that's realistic," San Diego coach Norv Turner said.

Tomlinson played just over a quarter in Saturday night's 23-17 overtime wild-card victory over the Indianapolis Colts before the injury forced him to the sideline after he scored on a 3-yard touchdown run.

Turner said there was no need to rule Tomlinson out before Sunday.

"I don't think we need to do that because he is feeling better, and if he gets up Sunday and he's feeling good, we may want him to be one of the 45," Turner said.

Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates (ankle) is listed as questionable, and kicker Nate Kaeding (groin, ankle) is probable. Tomlinson and Gates missed practice all week. Kaeding missed practice Thursday and Friday after spraining his ankle in practice Wednesday.

edit: From chargers official homepage

Injury update

Turner said that LaDainian Tomlinson did no further damage to his strained groin Saturday night but his status for Sunday’s game in Pittsburgh will be determined later in the week.

“The injury that he has is not any worse,” Turner. “I think they said he was pretty sore around that area from probably compensating for the injury. It was obvious once he got going, to him and us, that he would not be able to play the way that he’d like to.”

Tight end Antonio Gates, who led the Chargers with a stellar eight-catch performance Saturday, had no new soreness in his ankle.

“Obviously he had a great game and he’s gotten to where he plays pretty well with limited reps,” Turner said. “I know it’s a real sign of being a pro.”

Kicker Nate Kaeding (thigh, groin) is expected to be okay for Pittsburgh, and Turner is optimistic that linebacker Brandon Siler, who has missed the last two games with a foot injury, will be able to return next week.

Defensive end Luis Castillo (groin) and center Nick Hardwick (shoulder) could miss some practice time this week but are also expected to be available for the game.