PDA

View Full Version : This could at last be the year of the Pa. Superbowl

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-06-2009, 01:36 AM
I would love to see an all Pa. Superbowl. What a rematch we could have.

blackngold29
01-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Wow, I didn't even think of that. That would be cool.

We'd have to lable it something like "The Steagle Bowl"

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-06-2009, 01:53 AM
I am sure that would come up if it were to happen. Not many know about the merge between our two teams. My father,God rest his soul, told me all about it. World war 2 did a lot for football as we know it today.

steelers4life66
01-06-2009, 01:55 AM
I was thinking that in the 05 season. I was saying its going to be east vs west. But I'll tell ya I don't want to see us and Philly in the super bowl. They're the only team that really beat us this year. Would much rather see the Giants.

blackngold29
01-06-2009, 01:56 AM
What was Art Rooney's quote about the Steagles? Something like: "All it did was put twice as many bad players on one team." lol. Could you imagine an owner saying that about his team today?

steelers4life66
01-06-2009, 02:06 AM
I am sure that would come up if it were to happen. Not many know about the merge between our two teams. My father,God rest his soul, told me all about it. World war 2 did a lot for football as we know it today.
My brother was telling me he saw an article about the Steelers merger with another team as well. Can't remember the team. It wasn't Philly. He said they lost every game that year. I know a lot about the Steelers but I didn't know that.

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-06-2009, 02:15 AM
But they still combined to help keep this whole thing together, they put thier differences asside,and look where we both wound up to this day. We have five titles ,and how many do they have? I can't say anything bad about the Eagles though. Just out of respect for my pop. I remember , he used to rub it in to me a lot though. He was 72 before he died so i had to let it ride. Wish it could happen , and wish even more pop could be around to see it.

--- Added 1/6/2009 at 01:15 AM ---

My brother was telling me he saw an article about the Steelers merger with another team as well. Can't remember the team. It wasn't Philly. He said they lost every game that year. I know a lot about the Steelers but I didn't know that.

Just go to your favorite seach engine and type in "Steagles" and see what you come up with. It's fun.

steelers4life66
01-06-2009, 02:30 AM
But they still combined to help keep this whole thing together, they put thier differences asside,and look where we both wound up to this day. We have five titles ,and how many do they have? I can't say anything bad about the Eagles though. Just out of respect for my pop. I remember , he used to rub it in to me a lot though. He was 72 before he died so i had to let it ride. Wish it could happen , and wish even more pop could be around to see it.

--- Added 1/6/2009 at 01:15 AM ---

Just go to your favorite seach engine and type in "Steagles" and see what you come up with. It's fun.
In 1944 the Steelers combined teams with the Cardinals for 1 year. ...

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-06-2009, 02:32 AM
In 1944 the Steelers combined teams with the Cardinals for 1 year. ...

What were thier names?

steelers4life66
01-06-2009, 02:37 AM
What were thier names?
Card-Pitt Thats dumber than the seageles

Steel Trap86
01-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Big possibility, Philly is on a roll right now. I think the winner of the Giants/Philly game will be the NFC Superbowl Contender.

steelers4life66
01-06-2009, 02:39 AM
Big possibility, Philly is on a roll right now. I think the winner of the Giants/Philly game will be the NFC Superbowl Contender.
Ya I think the Giants are going to take them too.

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-06-2009, 02:43 AM
I do recall that . It was so lame i almost forgot about it . Oh wait,i did. And i'm 47 .

--- Added 1/6/2009 at 01:43 AM ---

Pittsburgh-vs-Philadelphia Super Bowl!!!!!!!!

SteelFanInIL
01-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I was thinking that in the 05 season. I was saying its going to be east vs west. But I'll tell ya I don't want to see us and Philly in the super bowl. They're the only team that really beat us this year. Would much rather see the Giants.

Mabey my memory stinks, wasn't that the game we lost pretty much because of the long snap harrison heaved out of the end zone? I'm not being a smart ***, seriousley was that the game?:thinking:

Stlrs4Life
01-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Could happen. It could have happened in 2004 also.

Steel Trap86
01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Terry Bradshaw is predicting a Pittsburgh VS. New York Superbowl

Steelersfan
01-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Mabey my memory stinks, wasn't that the game we lost pretty much because of the long snap harrison heaved out of the end zone? I'm not being a smart ***, seriousley was that the game?:thinking:

That was the Giants game. The Eagles game was the one Ben got sacked 100 times!.....lol

SteelFanInIL
01-06-2009, 10:12 AM
That was the Giants game. The Eagles game was the one Ben got sacked 100 times!.....lol

LOL Thats right, in that case then steelers4life66 has a point...Thanks.

Stairwayto7
01-06-2009, 10:36 AM
One game at a time. Lets kick the sh!t out of the chargers first

AZ_Steeler
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
For the Eagles to make it to the Super Bowl they will need to do what no other team has done besides the Steelers... Defeat the 1,2 and 3 seeds to make it!

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Out of the Steelers 4 loses, the Eagles are the only team I didn't want to play again. I thought the Steelers were taken apart by Jimmy Johnsons Def, and the Steelers OL is not all that much better then they were in week 4 or 5. I think I like Terry Bradshaws Idea, and thats a Steelers-Giants SB. Thats the biggest one you could make from a sales point of view. 2004 draft class, both 1st round, both with a SB ring. One sexy as hell, one gay as hell......lol

Steel Trap86
01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
If we beat the Chargers on sunday, which we should, I have a feeling the Ravens might take out the Titans & Lendale "Cupcake" White and we'd see an all out brawl in Pittsburgh for the AFC Title. Which would be a bit of a shame because I'd love to see the Titans get ****ing trashed in there own house and a Terrible Towel layed out across Bullock & White's faces.

GO STEELERS :cope:

--- Added 1/6/2009 at 10:57 AM ---

Out of the Steelers 4 loses, the Eagles are the only team I didn't want to play again. I thought the Steelers were taken apart by Jimmy Johnsons Def, and the Steelers OL is not all that much better then they were in week 4 or 5. I think I like Terry Bradshaws Idea, and thats a Steelers-Giants SB. Thats the biggest one you could make from a sales point of view. 2004 draft class, both 1st round, both with a SB ring. One sexy as hell, one gay as hell......lol

Ya man thats what Im looking for, a Steelers VS. Giants Superbowl. Both teams are deserving of it and I think we also deserve a rematch after that reg season game!

steelers4life66
01-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Ya , We should of won that game. Think that is a ber in the Steelers side and they'd like another shot at them. It's just my opinion but I think Philly is the only team that really beat us this year.That Titans game was a bad f'ing day. I'd like another sot at them too. Think we can beat them also.

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 12:47 PM
If we beat the Chargers on sunday, which we should, I have a feeling the Ravens might take out the Titans & Lendale "Cupcake" White and we'd see an all out brawl in Pittsburgh for the AFC Title. Which would be a bit of a shame because I'd love to see the Titans get ****ing trashed in there own house and a Terrible Towel layed out across Bullock & White's faces.

GO STEELERS :cope:

--- Added 1/6/2009 at 10:57 AM ---

Ya man thats what Im looking for, a Steelers VS. Giants Superbowl. Both teams are deserving of it and I think we also deserve a rematch after that reg season game!This is the SB I have been wanting since they both came into the league. Everyone was so big on Eli because his daddy said that he was going to be the best Manning, and blah blah blah. But it was Ben who was smokin out of the gate, and when ever these two QB face eachother they are going to play harder. They might not admit to it, but I think we all know there is a rivalry there, and neither of them want to lose a game against the other. the series is tied 1-1, and we need a tie breaker in a SB. I like the Steelers in that game big...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2009, 05:10 PM
The NFC is not very dominant right now, anybody left in the playoffs can beat anybody so it's possible. The Eagles aren't afraid to go into NY and play, they won their earlier this year and have won before. The Eagles potential downfall will be that they can't run the ball effectively so that could be an issue since teams like the Giants and Carolina love to run. Philly does use that west coast short passing game as an alternate running game though too so it should be interesting.

As far as us, well we have to beat SD this weekend before we start even thinking about talking SB.

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 05:47 PM
The NFC is not very dominant right now, anybody left in the playoffs can beat anybody so it's possible. The Eagles aren't afraid to go into NY and play, they won their earlier this year and have won before. The Eagles potential downfall will be that they can't run the ball effectively so that could be an issue since teams like the Giants and Carolina love to run. Philly does use that west coast short passing game as an alternate running game though too so it should be interesting.

As far as us, well we have to beat SD this weekend before we start even thinking about talking SB.
True, we need to beat the Chargers, but I like to plan ahead, and I feel we have just a good a chance, if not better then any team left in the playoffs. Chargers...should be a win, they are so over rated. Titans...we should kill those basterds for what they did to our Towel. The Ravens...Shiat, how many times do we have to beat these guys to make them go away? They just keep hangin around, and if the come back to Pittsburgh they are going to get slapped around for just being hard headed. The Giants...lol Dont make me laugh. I think we have our long snapper back now. The Panthers...The couldn't stop USC from running all over them, so look for us to really have a break out game if we play them in the SB. Arizona...???? They wont make it, so we dont have to worry about them. And Philly...That could be the easiest game of all because McNabb will choke for us and we would only need to show up to collect our new trophy.....yeah baby, here it comes....

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-06-2009, 11:50 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the Pa. scenario. We have some gas left in the tank for anyone we may face. But in the superbowl i would like nothing more than facing the Eagles ,and beating them 13-10.

popstaala
01-07-2009, 12:53 AM
i like our chance against the giants... eagles likes the blitzing game... thats too much to handle for our o line

LarryNJ
01-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Living in the Philly area since 2001 I have wanted that match up more than any. It came close so many times except Cowher and Reid both choked in several Championship games. Than they each finally won one but in different years. I think the Eagles beat the Giants and lose to Carolina. I'm not sure what happens to the Steelers...I just want to win this weekend. Any team left other than the Cards has a good a chance of winning it all.

Ambridge
01-07-2009, 07:41 AM

:yellowthumb:

I'm all for a "Turnpike Superbowl" but yes indeed we have to take care of business first this weekend.

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-13-2009, 02:27 AM
My prediction is getting closer. I would like to face Philly in the Superbowl.How sweet it would be. Send the Ravens packing , and we are there. No freakin way is Arizona gonna beat the Eagles. We are the only team left in the playoffs that has a chance to do that. I have the faith.:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

steelersgal86
01-13-2009, 08:13 AM
My prediction is getting closer. I would like to face Philly in the Superbowl.How sweet it would be. Send the Ravens packing , and we are there. No freakin way is Arizona gonna beat the Eagles. We are the only team left in the playoffs that has a chance to do that. I have the faith.:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

:iagree: I dont see Arizona beating the Eagles....

K Train
01-13-2009, 11:18 AM
i love in philly now i dont know if i could handle the phillies and the eagles winning a championship, id rather have the steelers beat whisenthunt in the superbowl if anything lol.

K Train
01-13-2009, 11:20 AM
:iagree: I dont see Arizona beating the Eagles....

yeah well no one saw them demolishing the panthers....except me, i called monumental upset....they are playing their asses off and they have the mentality of they cant beat us which is huge....cards are really good at home, i like their chances

ejsteeler
01-13-2009, 11:23 AM
yeah well no one saw them demolishing the panthers....except me, i called monumental upset....they are playing their asses off and they have the mentality of they cant beat us which is huge....cards are really good at home, i like their chances

:ditto: I think they ar emore than capable of beating the eagles. They have come together and we have all seen the eagles tank games already this season. All in all, we have two good games to watch this weekend. :cope:

blackngold29
01-13-2009, 02:19 PM
So if this does happen, who votes to have it at Beaver Stadium? Florida just wouldn't seem right.

Steel Trap86
01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I think Arizona defenatley has a chance to beat the Eagles in Arizona. Who expected them to beat Carolina? not me!! They are playing good defense and they have a lot of offensive weapons as well as Anquan Boldin returning for this game against the Eagles. We need to beat the Ravens before anything tho!

blackngold29
01-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Post any and all "professional analyst" picks here!

ESPN the Mag writer Chad Millman is picking the Ravens (http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3834768).

I know what the bookmakers are doing: The Steelers get a couple points because they are home. They get a couple points because they are completely healthy and the Ravens have a couple injuries, especially Terrell Suggs, and they get a couple points because the Steelers are a public team and so many people like to bet them. But I don't like it.

Both of the games these two teams played came down to the wire. They both have huge playmakers on defenses that run hot, feeding the rest of the team. And ask Ben if he thinks a young QB who manages a game but makes enough plays when asked can't hurt you (Hi, Joe). Shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if this game started on Sunday and ended on Monday, the first 20 overtime game in NFL history. That's how tight it is going to be.

If I were a betting man, I'd look at that plus-six as a post-holiday gift from the bookmakers. But I'm not. I have too much respect for money.

AZ_Steeler
01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Sounds like he's just picking the Ravens with the spread... he never really says who will win the game outright :dunno:

Besides, we all know what happens to a QB that is asked to manage a game when it comes the AFCCG... Ben 2004!

HUNT4SEVEN
01-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I love when they pick against us:tt02:, i hope they pick us to lose the Super Bowl also:cope::yellowthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
01-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Me too! I want to be the underdogs! I hate when they hype us up so bad! I love proving everyone wrong!!:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2009, 01:45 PM
The Steelers are far from the underdogs in this game.....The are favored to win the game........Everybody in the free world isn't going to pick the Steelers in this game.....lol Who cares if somebody picks the Ravens.....

popstaala
01-15-2009, 02:38 PM
he hates the steelers.. he just dont want to say it... well i say **** him... steelers is favored to win and they will win