PDA

View Full Version : A trip to Tampa is in Bens hands...

LatrobePA
01-05-2009, 10:42 AM
All the threads stating what our team needs to do to get to the SB, the above is it by far. Our D can shut down any team in the NFL, we have the weapons on O, o-line came together a bit.

Now we need the REAL Ben to show up...Not the one that throws the ball to the other team and takes hits forcing fumbles!! I trust he can get the job done in fine fashion!

It's in his hands!!

SteelFanInIL
01-05-2009, 10:48 AM
All the threads stating what our team needs to do to get to the SB, the above is it by far. Our D can shut down any team in the NFL, we have the weapons on O, o-line came together a bit.

Now we need the REAL Ben to show up...Not the one that throws the ball to the other team and takes hits forcing fumbles!! I trust he can get the job done in fine fashion!

It's in his hands!!

:plus1: Bigger question...if he does play bad, will MT sit him? personaly I think he'll be solid but if he's not...:thinking:

LatrobePA
01-05-2009, 10:53 AM
I say MT pulls him if he comes out lame. They talked about this on the NFL channel, they felt YES MT would pull him as well.

I think he will be poised and deliver a big win!

coggsnyrnyg
01-05-2009, 12:11 PM
What is the update on his health after the Cleveland game?

LatrobePA
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
What is the update on his health after the Cleveland game?

No one knows....No joke, I'm sure MT will update tomorrow...

SteelerSteve
01-05-2009, 01:30 PM
I say MT pulls him if he comes out lame. They talked about this on the NFL channel, they felt YES MT would pull him as well.

I think he will be poised and deliver a big win! Most definitley. I think having the added pressure of Byron breathing down his neck will force him to step it up and come out firing on all cylinders. Ben is a fine QB and I think that having a couple weeks to heal up a bit will work wonders for him.

LatrobePA
01-05-2009, 01:37 PM
This just in, Ben will start:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09005/939724-66.stm

ejsteeler
01-05-2009, 01:44 PM
I believe Ben will be fine and fired up.
I also believe MT will yank him if he starts going south. I don't think it will be a short chain though. He will have to screw up pretty bad and early. I don't see him pulling him late in the game. :2cents:

steelers4life66
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM

It's in his hands!!I'm sorry if yinz are tired of hearing me say it but you want to stop the turnovers. They have to get that running game going. When that running game is working Ben is one of if not the best in the business.:2cents:

LatrobePA
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm sorry if yinz are tired of hearing me say it but you want to stop the turnovers. They have to get that running game going. When that running game is working Ben is one of if not the best in the business.:2cents:

Agree'd 100% brutha!

Stairwayto7
01-05-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm sorry if yinz are tired of hearing me say it but you want to stop the turnovers. They have to get that running game going. When that running game is working Ben is one of if not the best in the business.:2cents:

100% behind you here. The running game is key. Especially against SD. The ratbirds would just be ball control. And great D

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2009, 04:03 PM
It's a team game. Ben doesn't need pressure on him like that.

Stairwayto7
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM

It's in his hands!!

I really feel, not because I`m a homer, that Ben will show up! :banana:

LatrobePA
01-05-2009, 04:37 PM
It's a team game. Ben doesn't need pressure on him like that.

The whole football world is wanting to see how he comes out and plays after getting his bell rung. So yes there will be a hell of a lot more pressure on him this game, besides the fact it's a PO game.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2009, 04:42 PM

That's the long and short of it, if you want to win in the playoffs you have to be able to run atleast just good enough that the defense stays honest and has to respect the play action. If you don't have play action at your disposal you are limiting yourself big time. Ben has shown he can will this team to a win when necessary like in the Ratbird game a few weeks ago with that big drive. That's not something you want to have to bank on all the time; the Colts couldn't run all year long and the lost in the first round so we need to user our backs effectively and use the short passing game as an additional run game, pretty do what we have to do to move the chains at all costs and keep our offense on the field to score points every chance we get.

Dean Denton
01-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I am hoping Ben is fine. Not so the Steelers can win, I could care less. I am more worried about his health. I would love to see Ben lead this team to the SB, and bust up the Chargers like he did a few weeks ago going 31 for 41 and having a good over all game. But... I have no idea what kind of shape Ben is in. They cleared him a couple years ago to play in Oakland, and it was clear he was far from OK. Just because the doctor says your ok doesn't make it so. I really care for these players, they are like family to me, and I never want to see anything happen to them. Even if that means I have another long off-season. For me I want Ben in there, and I believe in my heart he will be ok, but if not, please...please put in Lefty or Dixon. If the game is close, and he's playing bad I think coach will leave him in, but if it starts to get out of hand early, he gets pulled. Ben is the 100 milion dollar QB, and they are not going to yank him in a tight game. I really hope he is ok, and plays with more passion then we have ever seen. We all know Ben wants this. We have not won a playoff game since SB 40. The time is now, and we need to circle the wagons and get ready for war...

BlitzburghNation
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Heard on sirius today,,,,,,Ben has been medically cleared to play this sunday and he will be starting this sunday :bigthumb:

Ben should be fine :crossfingers: Just hope he plays the way we all know he can !

popstaala
01-05-2009, 07:46 PM

It's in his hands!!

:plus1::tt02::tt02:

yinzer
01-05-2009, 08:15 PM
good ben showing up = stiller blowout

JensK
01-06-2009, 09:29 AM
What i really want to know is whether he is going to practise this week or not.. Its official that he'll start, but we have seen it before. Big Ben who does not practise = Bad Ben.. We really need him to be there all game long, and i really have no confident that he will if he does not get quite a few snaps this week.

BloodTypePGH
01-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Ben will show up just like he did in '06. He came into the playoffs a gunslinger and we left town with the hardware. The real question is whether or not Arians will bring HIS "A" game or not.

ejsteeler
01-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I like Ben's attitude and chances. If he's sincere, he is not worried about playing and getting hurt again. That would be hard for me to do, but I am not a professional football player. He is the kind of guy that wants to prove he can play after this and hearing all the questions about it. However, I hope he can keep his desire to prove everypone wrong in check and don't force things and cause turnovers.

steelers4life66
01-06-2009, 12:29 PM
What i really want to know is whether he is going to practise this week or not.. Its official that he'll start, but we have seen it before. Big Ben who does not practise = Bad Ben.. We really need him to be there all game long, and i really have no confident that he will if he does not get quite a few snaps this week.
Ya they said he's going to practice all this week.

Steelersfan
01-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Ben practiced yesterday and is suppose to all week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3811512

JensK
01-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Ben practiced yesterday and is suppose to all week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3811512

Yeah i saw, at least after i posted those two topics, but i figured it wasnt worth editing since you already had the post op! :) Its gonna be interresting to see the outcome of this game, and especially if ben will be alright. Im looking forward to following him this week.

ejsteeler
01-06-2009, 12:41 PM
stalker....

JensK
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
stalker....

If you only knew...