PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...

Mikey86
01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
When the Steelers are in the playoffs, I go nuts watching it. Now hold on, I know that some of you get pumped up and excited but Im a little beyond that. I yell at the TV after every play as if I were there. When we score, I blast music and scream. I have banners up in the room I watch the game in (4 banners: Welcome to Steelers Country, Steelers, Super Bowl XL Champs and a regular Steeler flag). I wear my pro jersey (usually 7 this year but for the playoffs Im going with good ol' 86) and have a terrrible towel that is waved only on Defense. I mean, I almost passed out yelling at the Jacksonville game last year when we took the lead (lost my voice the next day). If your not a Steelers fan, your not allowed to come over to watch a playoff game with me (I really lock the door and dont answer the phone).....am I alone on this or are there other nuts out there? :banana:

BlitzburghNation
01-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Know for a FACT your not alone when it comes to Steeler Fanatics :cope:

Playoff time ,,,,, My heart races and I'm nervous as hell,,,,,,not really much of a screamer,but I get really excited and pound my chest,but i do get loud when i'm at a live game.

Far as a phone goes,,,,,,for me there's no phone,'ringer is off' My brother loves watching the game with me,,,,,He doesn't understand why I go nuts when we make a big play or get pissed when a play goes against us,''he likes watching me,more than the game'' :lol:

Cannot wait for this Sunday's kick-off to begin----I am :ktrain: up !!!!!!!!!

Iron City South
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
When the Steelers are in the playoffs, I go nuts watching it. Now hold on, I know that some of you get pumped up and excited but Im a little beyond that. I yell at the TV after every play as if I were there. When we score, I blast music and scream. I have banners up in the room I watch the game in (4 banners: Welcome to Steelers Country, Steelers, Super Bowl XL Champs and a regular Steeler flag). I wear my pro jersey (usually 7 this year but for the playoffs Im going with good ol' 86) and have a terrrible towel that is waved only on Defense. I mean, I almost passed out yelling at the Jacksonville game last year when we took the lead (lost my voice the next day). If your not a Steelers fan, your not allowed to come over to watch a playoff game with me (I really lock the door and dont answer the phone).....am I alone on this or are there other nuts out there? :banana:

How old are you Mikey? ... You should have been there through the 70's. When I wasn't at the games I went through several TV sets as a result of booze and flying objects in the room.

Today, I'm a more mellow ol' fellow. I'll have a few brews, wash it down with a yeager-bomb or two, take a handfull of Tums, and roll my towel up around the fist.

The bottom line, regardless of how old you are ..... you won't escape the anxiety the comes with being a Steelers fan during the playoffs. :cope::yellowthumb::cope::yellowthumb:

I Steel Believe
01-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Mike you are a true Steeler addict, lol. Cool.
I can relate pretty well to Iron City South. I still get pumped up for the games, but I try to contain the emotion a little more now. Basically, I still get pretty emotional, but after losses, (especially tough losses) I try not to let it bother me as much as it use to.

Mikey86
01-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Iron City-Im 29. While I would have loved to see the 70's teams, I relate more with the late 90's - 2000's. I think a lot of my passion comes from all the disappointment....you know: the 94-95 AFC championship loss to San Diego, the 96-97 AFC Championship loss to Denver (Mr. Stewart!!), the 01-02 AFC Championship loss to the PAts (part I), the 02-03 loss to the Titans the next year (on what I recall was a false start that should have given us a FG), the 04-05 AFC Championship loss to the Pats (Part II). All those memories created the "monster" :reddevil:I am today. With all that said, I dont/won't forget the run to Super Bowl XL that made all of those other memories fade.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM
You are hardly alone, this place is full of crazed Steeler fans regardless of whether it's the preseason or the postseason. We have different ways of showing how pissed off or happy we are during the game and God knows I've been through a few remotes, vases, trash cans, and plaster on the walls during a game.

I am a bit more mellow now as ICS mentioned but I still watch them intently and get fired up when we play.

Iron City South
01-04-2009, 10:25 PM
With all that said, I dont/won't forget the run to Super Bowl XL that made all of those other memories fade.

ahhh yes, that was a good run in 2oo6. I actually made it to see the WC game in Cincy (Kimo-therapy on Palmer) and made the pilgremage to Denver for the AFCCG. 2 games I'll cherish forever.

I must say, when we won in Indy .... I knew it was our destiny.

Steel Trap86
01-04-2009, 10:25 PM

Oh buddy I cant even watch the Steelers games at a bar when it comes this time of year. The Cowboys game last month when Townsend got that pick for the winning touchdown, I was up out of my seat and yelling like a ****ing mad man, spilled my beer everywhere, knocked the chair down, peanuts flying everywhere lol good times! Playoff games have to be watched with Steeler fans indoors on the bigscreen, with the beer fridge a few steps away and anything else you need! And I have a feeling we'll be seeing more then 1 game!! 1 week boys!! 1 week!

:tt02:

SteelerBee43
01-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Know for a FACT your not alone when it comes to Steeler Fanatics :cope:

Playoff time ,,,,, My heart races and I'm nervous as hell,,,,,,not really much of a screamer,but I get really excited and pound my chest,but i do get loud when i'm at a live game.

Far as a phone goes,,,,,,for me there's no phone,'ringer is off' My brother loves watching the game with me,,,,,He doesn't understand why I go nuts when we make a big play or get pissed when a play goes against us,''he likes watching me,more than the game'' :lol:

Cannot wait for this Sunday's kick-off to begin----I am :ktrain: up !!!!!!!!!

Your brother :scratch:...you :moon: guess you forgot that I am the one that watches games with you when you're home...http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/dogpoundbrenda/emoticons/bata2.gif

BlitzburghNation
01-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Your brother :scratch:...you :moon: guess you forgot that I am the one that watches games with you when you're home...http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/dogpoundbrenda/emoticons/bata2.gif

:duh: Never said we watch every game together and yes,when i'm home it's me and you and a dog named 'old bitch' :lol:

I Steel Believe
01-04-2009, 10:44 PM
My wife and I don't have children and on Sundays, lately she takes off doing her thing and it's kinda nice to have the house to myself. The big games, (post season, MNF, etc)I usually end up at a friends house or family or have people over. And it's always nice to have friends (especially Steeler fans) around to celebrate with, but I kinda like sometimes just watching the game on my own.

popstaala
01-04-2009, 10:53 PM

:tt02::tt02::tt02:
have you tried breaking a 50 inch flat screen tv with a remote control?.. lol
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelerschick1220
01-05-2009, 12:23 AM
I always get nervous and knot sin my stomach before the start of each game no matter how clam I feel. If I am home alone, I just yell out whatever pops into my head, but if there are other folks around, then I sort of keep my thoughts to myself. I am not really much for throwing things. I am more of a kick the couch type.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2009, 01:11 AM

Dude I can relate trust me........I have Steelers signs, flags all over my game room.....I also have 6 terrible towels........I constantly yell at the tv and throw things........Its worse during play-off time....This year though I'm going to just relax and enjoy the game.......Try to remain calm which is very hard for me to do......

steelers4life66
01-05-2009, 01:49 AM
When the Steelers are in the playoffs, I go nuts watching it. Now hold on, I know that some of you get pumped up and excited but Im a little beyond that. I yell at the TV after every play as if I were there. When we score, I blast music and scream. I have banners up in the room I watch the game in (4 banners: Welcome to Steelers Country, Steelers, Super Bowl XL Champs and a regular Steeler flag). I wear my pro jersey (usually 7 this year but for the playoffs Im going with good ol' 86) and have a terrrible towel that is waved only on Defense. I mean, I almost passed out yelling at the Jacksonville game last year when we took the lead (lost my voice the next day). If your not a Steelers fan, your not allowed to come over to watch a playoff game with me (I really lock the door and dont answer the phone).....am I alone on this or are there other nuts out there? :banana:In the playoffs! Man I'm like that all season long!!!:cope::cope::cope:

jpele
01-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Playoffs...Playoffs,are you kidding me? Playoffs.

I act that way for regular games.:tt02:

SteelFanInIL
01-05-2009, 09:16 AM

I watch the game at a bar that's kinda been my hang out since I was 21. There is anywhere from 6 to 12 regular Steeler fans that show up (keep in mind this is Bears country). We have our section, hung our banners and are constantly jawing at the Chi, GB and Min fans. Winning of course is great, but when we don't... I'm in a bad mood for about three days and I mean I don't want to talk to anyone! I walk around bitching about the game, brutting, grumbling...it's a lot like a cartoon character sound, I'm just not pleasant to be around. I know all of this because I have a wife who is kind enough to tell me so. She thinks I need help but I tell her, "you just don't understand,it is personal. It's a Steeler fan thing". We are very loyal to our team, We cry when they win, we sulk when they don't and we are very dedicated to our team. So no you're not alone...a Steeler fan is NEVER alone.
GOD BLESS THE BLACK AND GOLD!:tt02::tt02::cope::cope:

memphissteelergirl
01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Playoffs...Playoffs,are you kidding me? Playoffs.

I act that way for regular games.:tt02:

LOL...beat me to it! :lol:

lloydfan4life
01-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Nope!! You're not the only one.
There's lots of us here just like you! :cope:
Like some of the others though, I'm a little more calm now than I used to be.

Because of my recent stroke, the doctor said that I am not supposed to do anything that gets my brain too stimulated. :duh:That's going to be a real tough task this weekend.

livingthrudying
01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
definately lots of yelling going on at my house (good and bad) during any and all steelers games. I cant even watch other games for more than 5 mins without getting bored.

I am in Texas and moving to virginia at the end of the month, and i am so excited cause now i will be within a reasonable driving distance to make it to my first Game at Heinz field!! Im Friggen stoked about that!!

The downside is i will be staying at my brothers house who is a Browns Fan, DOH!! But i guess it will be worse for him since we are always doing well and well the clowns are the clowns and nothing more needs to be said on that, lol.

Stairwayto7
01-05-2009, 03:55 PM

If you don`t go crazy. how could you call yourself a fan.

Bleeding Black & Gold here in Ohio!

LatrobePA
01-05-2009, 03:59 PM
My favorite word watching this years O starts with F and ends with K. And I use this word loudly and often!

I watch the game with my parents and they hate it Dad says son where did you learn that, your only 9! lol

Dean Denton
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Its tough for me during football season. I'm not as bad as I have been in the past. After SB 40 I have calmed down a little but, but I still get pissed when we lose. 1994 Chargers playoffs was hard, SB 30 was worse, and 2004 lose to the Pats killed me. Those are the three times I have cried after a game. The loss to the Chargers might have been the worse. When that ball got slapped down, I swear it took 15 minutes in my mind for that ball to hit the ground. The SB 30 loss... I was just pissed as hell. We won that game, and someone on our team was paid off... The Pats loss in 2001 and 2004, well, lets just say I will never get over that because I feel the fix was in, and we got screwed. I dont break stuff anymore, but I can get a little out of hand at times. I love for my friends to come over if we play their team. I welcome the challenge, and I have never feared any team at any time. Funny you bring up the phone... Do any of you notice that friends always call when the Steelers lose, but never when they win?

blackngold29
01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Having aquired Steelers pajama pants for Christmas I can now wear all of these official products on Steelers gameday: Steelers slippers, plain black socks, Steelers boxers, black shorts, Steelers pajama pants, Steelers t-shirt, Steelers turtleneck (if cold), Steelers jersey, homemade Steelers hard hat.

I think most people understand who I'm rooting for. Although that's understood when I go to parties with 40+ Steelers fans (family only) WHOO! I think we got the 50 inch HD tv for this weekend, but we usually have multiple tvs. My one uncle will actually put multiple tvs outside so we can stand around the fire and watch games!

Stairwayto7
01-05-2009, 05:29 PM
All I know is when I`m at the game, and the teams first leaves the tunnel for introductions, I get goose bumps. During the game, I cant` eat, I have to eat prior to or a little at half time. I Love being a Steelers Fan!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I have a pair of Zubaz steelers pants that I have had for literally about 20 years. I don't wear them anymore because they are almost completely worn out from wearing them for so long but I used to put those on for games all the time as part of my ritual. My wife won't let me go out in public anymore with them and if I don't keep them hidden she'd probably throw them away :lol:

oh here they are, just found a pic of what they look like in case some of you haven't heard of them before ( and no that's not me in the pic..LOL )

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/502*402/zubaz03xx-zubaz03.jpg

http://www.startribune.com/photos/?c=y&img=zubaz03xx-zubaz03.jpg

WoodsonsGirl
01-05-2009, 08:07 PM

:popcorn:

yinzer
01-05-2009, 08:08 PM
are you friggin kidding me............

Steelerlyn
01-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I have a pair of Zubaz steelers pants that I have had for literally about 20 years. I don't wear them anymore because they are almost completely worn out from wearing them for so long but I used to put those on for games all the time as part of my ritual. My wife won't let me go out in public anymore with them and if I don't keep them hidden she'd probably throw them away :lol:

oh here they are, just found a pic of what they look like in case some of you haven't heard of them before ( and no that's not me in the pic..LOL )

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/502*402/zubaz03xx-zubaz03.jpg

http://www.startribune.com/photos/?c=y&img=zubaz03xx-zubaz03.jpg

A friend of ours from NY has those things lol he wears them to all the tailgates and every game. I think they look like pajamas. :cope:

CaliforniaSean
01-05-2009, 10:39 PM
no, your not alone. my wife keeps an eye on the clock for me, and makes sure im done working/cleaning etc. and in front of the tv in time for kickoff. she wont ask me to do anything during the game and loves me for my passion towards the steelers. i yell, jump around, pace back and forth, but its all good because i love the steelers and i wouldnt have it any other way.

sean

JensK
01-06-2009, 09:32 AM
My GF quit watching Steeler games with me >.> Nuff said.

MPYOUNG33
01-08-2009, 08:59 AM
I get extra drunk during the postseason.