PDA

View Full Version : Steelers - Chargers

JensK
01-04-2009, 03:54 PM
How about it guys? We have beat them once, but it is a different Chargers team who're facing us next sunday. They have got their runninggame going, and Gates/Rivers is a killer combi atm. Plus, are we capable of putting points on the board against a defence which have started to play football again.

NYCsteelersfan
01-04-2009, 04:01 PM
How about it guys? We have beat them once, but it is a different Chargers team who're facing us next sunday. They have got their runninggame going, and Gates/Rivers is a killer combi atm. Plus, are we capable of putting points on the board against a defence which have started to play football again.

Sproles is a back up despite how good the Chargers rush scheme is. Gates is there only receiver and Rivers is in no ay a mobile QB who can easily be forced into a bad game with defensive pressure. The defense was ranked 25th overall and Norv Turner has 1 playoff win in his career.

If we can't beat the Chargers then I wouldn't want to play Tennessee or Baltimore anyway.

steelerschick1220
01-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Not at all who I was expecting to face, but all I can say is BRING EM ON!!!!!!!!! Should be a fun game. It all will hinge on how Ben plays, imo.

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Sproles is a back up despite how good the Chargers rush scheme is. Gates is there only receiver and Rivers is in no ay a mobile QB who can easily be forced into a bad game with defensive pressure. The defense was ranked 25th overall and Norv Turner has 1 playoff win in his career.

If we can't beat the Chargers then I wouldn't want to play Tennessee or Baltimore anyway.

I agree keep in mind the Chargers barely made it into the playoffs and were getting rolled by the Chiefs down in Kansas City a few weeks ago before making a miracle comeback to win that game and needing a fg miss at the end of the game by Kansas City to win that game to stay alive. I dont think a guy like Sproles will be enough to beat the Steelers defense next week. The weather is not going to be the same next week in Pittsburgh as it was last night in San Diego. The Chargers are going to need LT in this game I feel if they are going to have a legit chance to come into Pittsburgh and win. I think the Steelers defense should be able to contain Rivers enough and shut down the Chargers passing game to where it wont be the reason they beat them. With that being said, I believe that Darren Sproles will just not be enough I feel to beat this Steelers D.

BlitzburghNation
01-04-2009, 04:30 PM
We win if Ben doesn't turn the ball over numerous times :yesnod:

Troyisabeast_43
One more thing here looking at the stats from the last game in November the Steelers had 124 yards rushing and 286 passing. Parker had 115 yards rushing which was offset by the 115 penalty yards. If we get a fairly officiated game and can put the ball in the endzone we should beat the Chargers without much of a problem.

Black@Gold Forever32
Sproles will be shut down by our defense......LT really can't be counted on to be effective in this upcoming game....I defense proved they could handle Rivers the last time.....I'm not even worried about Sproles in the return game since our coverage units are vastly improved......I'm not worried about the Chargers defense since we moved the ball on them.....We really shot ourselves in the foot that game with penalties....We had 13 to the Chargers 1......Plus didn't both OLB's for the Chargers leave the Colts game last night?......If both are nicked up for the game then that should play a factor to.....

Still I think it will be a close game and the Steelers will win 20-13...

XLJohn
01-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Its all about how Big Ben will do he needs to bring his A game from here out or we will not go any where. Our Defense will keep us in the game we need Ben to win it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Early outlook on the weather for next weekend according to this link below will definitely give the Steelers an advantage as far as that is concerned. Keep in mind the Chargers are not a very good cold weather team and have been absolutely horrific this season playing on the East Coast.

http://www.weather.com/weather/extended/USPA1290?par=yahoo&site=www.yahoo.com&promo=extendedforecast&cm_ven=Yahoo&cm_cat=www.yahoo.com&cm_pla=forecastpage&cm_ite=CityPage

BRICKTOWN BEAST
01-04-2009, 04:36 PM
The Steelers D will definetly be able to step up and be big during these playoff games. I'm just worried about the conservative play calling that will be going on and thats going to make or break us. Ben did amazing in the playoffs last year and I think he'll do good again espcially with this defense to back him up. I just hope our running game is back when we beat the browns even tho it was the browns we still proved to ourselves it could be done.

The Chargers rely on thier high powered offense and the Steelers are probelly the only team that is going to stop it. We just have to watch thier blitzing scemes and contain Sproles on special teams

popstaala
01-04-2009, 04:41 PM
it will be an easy game for the steelers.... our defense will shut them down.... and all we need is for our offense to score some points or maybe kick field goals...

Stairwayto7
01-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I`m excited, bring them in to the Burgh! I hope its cold!

Steelers70
01-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Last time we met this team, they were crap. The Steelers beat them by a wide margin until the refs took away two touchdowns. Should the refs try to officate in the same manner I say bring in our number two defense and take the refs out. Sure they'll get ejected, but then we can bring in our number one defense and concentrate on playing the game. At the same time it should get the message across to the refs to keep it honest.

Normally, I would never suggest putting a bounty on anyone in a game but these refs this year have me seeing red. And it's not just the Steelers that have had to worry about their calls... Put a couple into the turf hard enough and they may straighten up.

As for San Diego's running game? The Steelers defense should be able to make it a non-impact variable. And rivers to Gates is easy to take care of also with proper coverage. By and large, I think this game should be reasonably straight forward. And should we win, I believe we'll face Baltimore next since I think Tennessee will fall to them the day before.

-Steelers70

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 04:55 PM
21 for the high with a 40 percent chance of snow showers is the early outlook. That definitely will favor the Steelers as far as that goes. Keep in mind the weather for the last Chargers game here wasnt very good and cold and the Chargers struggled a lot.

vidaliasteelerfan
01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
We need to be confident not cocky. We need to play traditional Steeler Football! When we start overlooking things then we loose our focus!! Do not take anything for granted!!! Here we Go Steelers ... Here We Go!!!!

JensK
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Steelers face rematch with San Diego next Sunday
Sunday, January 04, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers have a rematch with San Diego and would like a replay, with a few exceptions.

The Steelers and Chargers will play next Sunday at 4:45 p.m. in an AFC divisional playoff game at Heinz Field. That's where the Steelers edged the Chargers, 11-10, on Nov. 16.

Jeff Reed kicked three field goals, including the winner from 32 yards, with 11 seconds left. The Steelers defense also scored a safety.

It's the only time in the history of the NFL a game was decided by that score. Ben Roethlisberger threw for 308 yards, Willie Parker ran for 115 and Hines Ward caught 11 passes for 124 yards and Pittsburgh did not score a touchdown.

The Steelers outgained the Chargers 410 yards to 213 but had 13 penalties to just two for San Diego.

Troy Polamalu's fumble return for a touchdown on the last play of the game was disallowed, costing those who bet on the Steelers giving the five points. The NFL later admitted referee Scott Green should have ruled it a touchdown.

Roethlisberger far outplayed Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers that day. He completed 31 of 41 passes with no interceptions and had a rating of 96.4. Rivers, the NFL's ratings leader, was 15 of 26 for 164 yards, two interceptions and a season-low rating of 44.4.

Stairwayto7
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
[B][Roethlisberger far outplayed Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers that day. He completed 31 of 41 passes with no interceptions and had a rating of 96.4. Rivers, the NFL's ratings leader, was 15 of 26 for 164 yards, two interceptions and a season-low rating of 44.4. /B]
Damn don`t show Scalaid this

LatrobePA
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
We win if Ben doesn't turn the ball over numerous times :yesnod:

What he said.....I think Ben will have an Okay day. But I could see him being rusty, lets hope not as rusty as Pennington!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
They are a much more confident team that's for sure and they are playing well. The Colts were a tough opponent and were on a roll but SD was able to get the run game going and really keep them in check.

No matter who is back there we will stop the run first and try to make Rivers beat us. Our secondary is good enough to cover their WR's and our LB's good enough to help out with the underneath stuff Gates if they try that too. I like our chances but it won't be easy.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
They are a much more confident team that's for sure and they are playing well. The Colts were a tough opponent and were on a roll but SD was able to get the run game going and really keep them in check.

No matter who is back there we will stop the run first and try to make Rivers beat us. Our secondary is good enough to cover their WR's and our LB's good enough to help out with the underneath stuff Gates if they try that too. I like our chances but it won't be easy.

Agreed, we can beat them but it wont be easy...Bring Them On, We'll be Ready..I'm hoping for a PA Turnpike SuperBowl..Steelers vs. Eagles!

I Steel Believe
01-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I hate when I feel this confident about an upcoming game because it always seems like we lose games that we kinda assume we're going to (or should handedly) win.
That said, I agree that as long as Ben doesn't make too many mistakes, we should win this game. I think it's fair to say that considering Ben's concussion and the 2 week layoff, I'd rather not put too much pressure on him to have to win the game by himself.
Therefore, a good running game could not come at a better time. As far as the weather, the conditions will slow down LT & Sproles, but it will also slow down FWP & Moore as well. Therefore, maybe this is one of those games that Gary Russell might contribute more in.

On defense, after stopping their running game, which we know we can do, Rivers will look for his safety blanket, in Gates. We need to keep that safety blanket, blanketed.

Steelers - 23
Chargers- 13

jpele
01-04-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm not over confident cause we have to go and play the game, but Tomlinson don't scare anyone (If he can play) and we will shutdown Sproles. As for Rivers,all it takes is a little pressure, he has to be the most cowardly QB in the NFL.

I also hope for a Pa super bowl. We owe the Eagles a beating.

Steel Trap86
01-04-2009, 09:01 PM

The Colts & Chargers are two of those teams that match up well against eachother. The Chargers always give Peyton Manning a tough day, last reg season they picked him off 6 times before winning the game and then saw them in the playoffs and beat them again in there own house. I think there run ends next week at Heinz field!! All they can really do is run the ball and hope for the best, but if they think LT is running for even 100 yds, they better get there asses in gear and rethink the gameplan. I was at the game in November and LT had a few good carries, but was shut down most of the day while Willie Parker was able to rush for 115 yards. Ben was sacked 5 times in that game too, bottom line...Steelers should be able to beat the Chargers at home again.

:tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
The Colts & Chargers are two of those teams that match up well against eachother. The Chargers always give Peyton Manning a tough day, last reg season they picked him off 6 times before winning the game and then saw them in the playoffs and beat them again in there own house. I think there run ends next week at Heinz field!! All they can really do is run the ball and hope for the best, but if they think LT is running for even 100 yds, they better get there asses in gear and rethink the gameplan. I was at the game in November and LT had a few good carries, but was shut down most of the day while Willie Parker was able to rush for 115 yards. Ben was sacked 5 times in that game too, bottom line...Steelers should be able to beat the Chargers at home again.

:tt02:

The Steelers had 124 yards rushing and 286 passing in that game back in November. Parker had 115 yards rushing which was offset by the 115 penalty yards. LT might not even play in this game much less be effective so I wouldnt worry about him too much at all. I agree with you when you say the Chargers late season magical run will end next Sunday here at Heinz Field. The Chargers while they are playing great ball over the last month just have too many things in this game I feel working against them to come in here and win this game. LT is hurt, the time travel difference again going to the East Coast where the Chargers are horrible, the cold weather, and no Shawn Merriman. You add all those factors up and it equals the Chargers run coming to an end here next Sunday at Heinz Field.

popstaala
01-04-2009, 11:23 PM
they beat the colts... that dont mean a damn thing to me... sproles cant run on our defense period.... polamalu/timmons on gates ... polamalu will take him out of the game... chargers passing defense sucks... if arian call some short passes.. and mix up the plays with a little running and deep passes.. mainly short slants and TE hooks... our offense can slowly wear their defense down... bottom line its goin to be steelers 13-0.. yes its goin to be a blow out

Forged in Steel
01-04-2009, 11:54 PM
The Steelers will win 11-10, I mean 18-10, wait 11-10, who knows! LOL.

steelerschick1220
01-05-2009, 12:19 AM
21 for the high with a 40 percent chance of snow showers is the early outlook. That definitely will favor the Steelers as far as that goes. Keep in mind the weather for the last Chargers game here wasnt very good and cold and the Chargers struggled a lot.

Oh goody!!! I was hoping that there would be snow for this one. LT's hammy or groin or whatever is wrong with him isn't really going to loosen up in that kind of weather.

cuatro_tres43
01-05-2009, 12:52 AM
you guys are all ridiculous saying that this should be a gimme...the chargers should've had a win on that stupid fumble call against denver and the other half of the games that they lost were with in a touchdown. they are just as dangerous (if not more) than any other team in the playoffs and they are going into the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the NFL. i still think we will win, but it will not be an easy task at any means. sproles is very dangerous in every aspect of the game and he will be a big factor of how they do. i don't think we have anyone fast enough to guard him.

of course we will win if ben doesn't turn the ball over...ANY TEAM WILL WIN IF THEIR QB DOESN'T TURN IT OVER...just look at the dolphins. that is the recipe for any team to win...

chargers 13 - steelers 24

jmt86
01-05-2009, 04:44 AM

whoa, gates didn't even come close to the season that vincent jackson had for us as a receiver, jackson had a 1000 yard season with 7 td's and not to mention a high ankle sprain that kept chris chambers out, before the injury rivers\chambers connection was a affective one.

and actually norv turner won 2 playoff games last years (tennessee,indy) and counting this year that makes 3.

--- Added 1/5/2009 at 03:44 AM ---

it will be an easy game for the steelers.... our defense will shut them down.... and all we need is for our offense to score some points or maybe kick field goals...

you know whats funny, that's exactly what colts fans said last week on their forum:yesnod:.

SteelFanInIL
01-05-2009, 09:54 AM
There's nothing wrong with being confident...But let's not underestimate the opposition:nono:. We need to treat this game as if these jag-offs are 17-0.:tt02::tt02:

NYCsteelersfan
01-05-2009, 09:57 AM
whoa, gates didn't even come close to the season that vincent jackson had for us as a receiver, jackson had a 1000 yard season with 7 td's and not to mention a high ankle sprain that kept chris chambers out, before the injury rivers\chambers connection was a affective one.

and actually norv turner won 2 playoff games last years (tennessee,indy) and counting this year that makes 3.

whoa, you're absolutely right, he has 4 playoff wins in his career actually including Saturdays, my mistake. Chambers is 55 years old and any receiver in the league would have 1,000 yards had they played against Kansas City, Denver and Oakland a total of 6 times. I'll rephrase, Gates is your BEST receiver. If the Steelers defense allows Vincent Jackson to be any kind of factor then I'll call it a gross choke job.

you know whats funny, that's exactly what colts fans said last week on their forum:yesnod:.

It's nice having another teams number huh? Too bad for the Chargers that they can't play the Colts for 4 straight games to win the Superbowl. Too bad for the Chargers we're not the Colts.

Like I said, if we can't beat your 8-8 "playoff" team then I don't want to face real playoff teams like Baltimore or Tennessee any way.

SteelFanInIL
01-05-2009, 10:09 AM
whoa, you're absolutely right, he has 4 playoff wins in his career actually including Saturdays, my mistake. Chambers is 55 years old and any receiver in the league would have 1,000 yards had they played against Kansas City, Denver and Oakland a total of 6 times. I'll rephrase, Gates is your BEST receiver. If the Steelers defense allows Vincent Jackson to be any kind of factor then I'll call it a gross choke job.

It's nice having another teams number huh? Too bad for the Chargers that they can't play the Colts for 4 straight games to win the Superbowl. Too bad for the Chargers we're not the Colts.

Like I said, if we can't beat your 8-8 "playoff" team then I don't want to face real playoff teams like Baltimore or Tennessee any way.

I love your confidence and I'm with ya but that's what everybody said about us in 05 right up till the SB when we became the favorite.

NYCsteelersfan
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I love your confidence and I'm with ya but that's what everybody said about us in 05 right up till the SB when we became the favorite.

Only the biased media thought the 05' Steelers had no chance. Or, only the biased media and NFL DIDN'T WANT the Steelers to have a chance.

I on the other hand am a perfectly unbiased Steelers fan :yellowthumb::tt02::cope:

SteelFanInIL
01-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Only the biased media thought the 05' Steelers had no chance. Or, only the biased media and NFL DIDN'T WANT the Steelers to have a chance.

I on the other hand am a perfectly unbiased Steelers fan :yellowthumb::tt02::cope:

Good point on the media...:plus1:...All I'm saying is let's take em seriously, I don't want to see a repete of last year... I'm running out of furniture to break:lol:

memphissteelergirl
01-05-2009, 11:19 AM
There's nothing wrong with being confident...But let's not underestimate the opposition:nono:. We need to treat this game as if these jag-offs are 17-0.:tt02::tt02:

:plus1:

LatrobePA
01-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Jag-Offs I love it!

LT is done, put a fork in him....Sproles is banged up and limping around today. Rivers is the GAYEST most over-rated QB in the league, I can't wait to see him and his big *** knee brace smacking off the ground!

GO STEELERS!

steelers4life66
01-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Jag-Offs I love it!

LT is done, put a fork in him....Sproles is banged up and limping around today. Rivers is the GAYEST most over-rated QB in the league, I can't wait to see him and his big *** knee brace smacking off the ground!

GO STEELERS!
:eek1::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Troyisabeast_43
01-05-2009, 02:31 PM

--- Added 1/5/2009 at 03:44 AM ---

One problem with that is the game with the Steelers is here in Pittsburgh against the number 1 defense in the NFL in very cold temperatures. The Colts defense cant hold the Steelers jockstraps when it comes to overall talent all the way across the board. The Chargers are not going to have the benefit this week of having homefield, the crowd noise, and the warm weather to use to their advantage like they did last week with the Colts when they still needed a last second FG before OT, and a win in overtime at home to beat the Colts.

Monrozombi
01-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Since the Chargers lost how many of their games in the last minute of regulation we have a the advantage of a 60 minute game on our side. If the game was only 59 minutes I might be worried

Dean Denton
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
To me the Steelers should roll up the Chargers in this game. It really should be a beat down. It would have been last time if this Steeler team didn't struggle so much in the red zone. We dominated that game in every way other then the score, and I dont see this one being any different. Other then the score, I hope. History has proven that there are no gimme's in the NFL, and we have been in this situation with the Chargers before, and I hope this time, unlike 1994 we beat this team like we are suppose to. If we go one and done again I will be so pissed and be calling for everyones head from Ben to MR. Rooney. We went 12-4, with the toughest schedule in 30+ years, and if this team chokes after all we have gone through to get to this point...Shiat, I dont know what I'll do... I would think **** and moan for a few weeks, and get ready for next season..lol

DBR96A
01-05-2009, 07:59 PM
One thing that Mike Tomlin does better than Bill Cowher: he never lets his players get caught up in the hype. He keeps them focused, and they prepare for all teams the same way. I doubt the Steelers are overlooking the Chargers.

kgreen
01-05-2009, 08:18 PM
WE WILL LOSE!!!!!

If offense does what it did last time: fail to score a touchdown! The Chargers may yet be the first 8-8 team to make the Super Bowl.

popstaala
01-05-2009, 08:33 PM
WE WILL LOSE!!!!!

If offense does what it did last time: fail to score a touchdown! The Chargers may yet be the first 8-8 team to make the Super Bowl.

you must be one of those bandwagon fans who jumps on any team... what youre a bolts fan now? our offense is stuggling this year but they have so much potential to put points up on any defense... and keep in mind that we do have a greaat defense... that means their offense will stuggle as well....and i cant see SD offense scoring on our defense in Heinz Field.. field goal maybe:tt02::tt02:

yinzer
01-05-2009, 08:46 PM
One thing that Mike Tomlin does better than Bill Cowher: he never lets his players get caught up in the hype. He keeps them focused, and they prepare for all teams the same way. I doubt the Steelers are overlooking the Chargers.

really? remember the titans game 2 weeks ago??

Troyisabeast_43
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
To me the Steelers should roll up the Chargers in this game. It really should be a beat down. It would have been last time if this Steeler team didn't struggle so much in the red zone. We dominated that game in every way other then the score, and I dont see this one being any different. Other then the score, I hope. History has proven that there are no gimme's in the NFL, and we have been in this situation with the Chargers before, and I hope this time, unlike 1994 we beat this team like we are suppose to. If we go one and done again I will be so pissed and be calling for everyones head from Ben to MR. Rooney. We went 12-4, with the toughest schedule in 30+ years, and if this team chokes after all we have gone through to get to this point...Shiat, I dont know what I'll do... I would think **** and moan for a few weeks, and get ready for next season..lol

I agree this should be a complete beatdown and the Steelers should roll in this game based on the stats from the last game, but with the way this Steelers offense lead by the play-calling of Arians is so inconsistent and anemic at times you just never know what you're going to get or expect out of this offense. Ill say this much the Steelers had better put the Chargers away in this game when given the chance. That is something this Steelers team this year just continues to not be able to do when they have a team on the ropes. If the Steelers let the Chargers hang around in this game by turning the ball over and giving a guy like Phillip Rivers who is playing lights out right now a short field to work with, then this game is going to be exactly like it was the last time the Chargers came in here in November. The Chargers are a good enough team even without LT that if the Steelers give them opportunities to score on offense by Ben turning the ball over and giving them a short field they are going to put the ball in the end zone. With that being said now, I agree with you that a loss at home to the Chargers on Sunday with no LT, bad weather that favors the Steelers,the Chargers being a bad East Coast team, and a Chargers defense which is not very good without Shawne Merriman would be an absolute disaster. A loss here and there will really start to be questions raised about whether Mike Tomlin is good enough to get this team to the Super Bowl even in his 2nd season as the head coach. Because a loss on Sunday to the Chargers means two straight one and done playoffs for Tomlin with both losses coming at Heinz Field, and if that happens then Tomlin will be open season for all kind of criticism because he will have earned and deserve every bit of it should he lose that game to the Chargers at Heinz Field on Sunday.

--- Added 1/5/2009 at 11:13 PM ---

Too early to make that observation and determination about Tomlin in comparison to Cowher. Bill Cowher won 10 playoff games in his career as a Steelers head coach, and Mike Tomlin has yet to win one. I want Tomlin to win a playoff game first before I start comparing him to what he does and how Cowher handled things it's just not a fair criticism at this point. Mike Tomlin just had better have his football team win this game on Sunday here at home against the Chargers or else Tomlin is going to start to learn pretty fast what Bill Cowher went through all those years he lost and choked in the playoffs. Steelers fans will remind Tomlin of it and wont forget that easily...

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2009, 12:21 AM
You know what I'm not going to knock the offense anymore.....We all know the problems that this offense has had this year since we watched the games and followed the team.....All I'm going to do is Believe.........Believe.........Believe........I'm not stressing anymore and I'm just going to enjoy the game no matter the outcome....Trust me I want nothing more then a Steelers win and a 6th Lombardi......But lets unite Stiller Nation and believe.....I know its hard to do with this offensive line and Bruce Arians....But at this point there is nothing the team can do about it.....The offensive line is what it is and BA isn't going to turn into Bill Walsh by Sunday....lol

But with this defense and if the offense can just score 20 points a game then we should be alright.....I'm believing and I think we're going to win and at least make the AFC title game and this team has a good shot at reaching the Super Bowl.........

Come on Stiller Nation.....I've got a feeling Pittsburgh Going To The Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Monrozombi
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
You know what I'm not going to knock the offense anymore.....We all know the problems that this offense has had this year since we watched the games and followed the team.....All I'm going to do is Believe.........Believe.........Believe........I'm not stressing anymore and I'm just going to enjoy the game no matter the outcome....Trust me I want nothing more then a Steelers win and a 6th Lombardi......But lets unite Stiller Nation and believe.....I know its hard to do with this offensive line and Bruce Arians....But at this point there is nothing the team can do about it.....The offensive line is what it is and BA isn't going to turn into Bill Walsh by Sunday....lol

But with this defense and if the offense can just score 20 points a game then we should be alright.....I'm believing and I think we're going to win and at least make the AFC title game and this team has a good shot at reaching the Super Bowl.........

Come on Stiller Nation.....I've got a feeling Pittsburgh Going To The Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Well said!

As a fan of the greatest team in the NFL I feel our love for the Stillers will help pull us together and we can win Sunday and the AFC next week and hell even the Super Bowl. If we start doubting ourselves we're no better then any other legion of fans out there!

Go Steelers

I Steel Believe
01-06-2009, 12:45 AM
All I'm going to do is Believe......... Believe......... Believe........

I'm believing and I think we're going to win and at least make the AFC title game and this team has a good shot at reaching the Super Bowl.........

:cope:
I believe.....in fact, I STEEL BELIEVE.

JensK
01-06-2009, 09:33 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q160/GarciaPeralto2/Pittsburgh%20Steelers/proudsteelerlas111206bj4.gif

kgreen
01-06-2009, 02:13 PM
you must be one of those bandwagon fans who jumps on any team... what youre a bolts fan now? our offense is stuggling this year but they have so much potential to put points up on any defense... and keep in mind that we do have a greaat defense... that means their offense will stuggle as well....and i cant see SD offense scoring on our defense in Heinz Field.. field goal maybe:tt02::tt02:

:lol::lol: dude chill out its a joke. I know we can make it all the way but I'm a little worried about the Chargers. They are hot and playing well. I think our defense can stop them, so all our offense has to do is not mess up. I believe we will win. A West Coast team like the Bolts doesn't want to play in a place like Pittsburgh. It'll be too cold for them. The weather forcast calls for snow, which can only help the defense. Now if we can justget a running game goin.....

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 02:37 PM
:lol::lol: dude chill out its a joke. I know we can make it all the way but I'm a little worried about the Chargers. They are hot and playing well. I think our defense can stop them, so all our offense has to do is not mess up. I believe we will win. A West Coast team like the Bolts doesn't want to play in a place like Pittsburgh. It'll be too cold for them. The weather forcast calls for snow, which can only help the defense. Now if we can justget a running game goin.....no you were right, we have already lost....lol our Def sucks..

kgreen
01-06-2009, 03:16 PM
no you were right, we have already lost....lol our Def sucks..

Oh yeah we couldn't stop ANYONE!

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh yeah we couldn't stop ANYONE!I know!!! Its kinda sad. Makes me want to be a Seahawks fan....lol

V_83
01-06-2009, 03:22 PM
To me the Steelers should roll up the Chargers in this game. It really should be a beat down. It would have been last time if this Steeler team didn't struggle so much in the red zone. We dominated that game in every way other then the score, and I dont see this one being any different. Other then the score, I hope.

No kidding, I just read on espn that we had 410 yards of offense compared to the Chargers 218 when we last played them. As long as there isn't a 13 to 1 penalty ratio again and we don't give out any stupid turnovers, I think we've got this.

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 03:26 PM
No kidding, I just read on espn that we had 410 yards of offense compared to the Chargers 218 when we last played them. As long as there isn't a 13 to 1 penalty ratio again and we don't give out any stupid turnovers, I think we've got this.
I forgot about that 13-1 penalty crap. Yeah, that better not happen again in our house. Thats retarded. I dont think it will. I see the league doing what they can to help the Steelers and the Giants get to the SB. Thats the most money for them. The hype machine would be in full swing....

kgreen
01-06-2009, 03:34 PM

That 13-1 ratio was the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

--- Added 1/6/2009 at 02:34 PM ---

I know!!! Its kinda sad. Makes me want to be a Seahawks fan....lol

:lol: That is so bad man! The Seahawks were aweful this year. I think I'll stick with our team with the horrid defense and brilliant offense.

Troyisabeast_43
01-06-2009, 04:57 PM

I hear what you're saying 32 and believe me I want to believe that this offense is ready to explode and come out of this funk any game now. They certainly have enough weapons on offense to do so I believe. But the fact of the matter still remains that you just never know what Ben and this offense under Arians are going to do each game and it gives me an absolute migraine just thinking about it. One thing that I think will be key this week and something that the Steelers didnt have the last time they played the Chargers and got down to the red zone all those times is Heath Miller. Arians and Ben need to use this guy once they get inside the 20. He is a weapon, he gets open, and if he gets the ball in his hands near the goaline 9 times out of 10 he is going to catch it and put it in the end zone. Memo to Arians this week: USE HEATH MILLER A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THE RED ZONE IF YOU WANT TO SCORE TOUCHDOWNS...

DIESELMAN
01-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Even as fans, we should never underestimate any team in the NFL (except the Shitstains of course). On any given sunday, any team can win in the NFL, thats what makes it the greatest sport in the USA. We can't even think about let alone compare the last meeting with this one. SD has gotten their **** together, especially on defense. If anyone thinks this is going to be a cakewalk, I got news for ya.....

This is the playoffs ladies and gentlemen, everyone is 0-0 going in, regardless of records that got them to the dance. We prepare for any playoff game with respect, but we play the game with hate, fire, disrespect and visions of total annihilation!!!!!

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 05:30 PM
So then the Chargers are better then us because they have a win and we dont...Oh No!!!! Not the big bad Chargers...Please..My craps are bigger then those sissy girls...they got nothin, and your right, it wont be the same as last time. This time we make them cry blood....

DIESELMAN
01-06-2009, 05:37 PM
So then the Chargers are better then us because they have a win and we dont...Oh No!!!! Not the big bad Chargers...Please..My craps are bigger then those sissy girls...they got nothin, and your right, it wont be the same as last time. This time we make them cry blood....
Never said they were better, no one is better then the Steelers, especially at home. All I was saying is there is a lot of talk about how we're going to "handle" everything before the game is even played....Funny I heard the same talk before the Titans game to, never underestimate anyone.....

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Never said they were better, no one is better then the Steelers, especially at home. All I was saying is there is a lot of talk about how we're going to "handle" everything before the game is even played....Funny I heard the same talk before the Titans game to, never underestimate anyone.....lol, I know, I'm just poking fun at you. I'm nervous as hell, and I'm trying not to show it. I feel we should win, but I feel that way evertime we are in the playoffs. I cant remermber one time that I didn't think this team would go all the way once they made it to the playoffs. And this is the worst Off I can ever remember this team having in the playoffs, so yes I'm shittin in my pants right now...

DIESELMAN
01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
lol, I know, I'm just poking fun at you. I'm nervous as hell, and I'm trying not to show it. I feel we should win, but I feel that way evertime we are in the playoffs. I cant remermber one time that I didn't think this team would go all the way once they made it to the playoffs. And this is the worst Off I can ever remember this team having in the playoffs, so yes I'm shittin in my pants right now...
lol....I hear ya bro....I guess us fans can underestimate all we want, lets just hope our guys go out and play ball like they know how....**** Arians!!! I said this before, Ben needs to call his own game, whats BA gonna do? not a ****ing thing!!!

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
lol....I hear ya bro....I guess us fans can underestimate all we want, lets just hope our guys go out and play ball like they know how....**** Arians!!! I said this before, Ben needs to call his own game, whats BA gonna do? not a ****ing thing!!!I really do think we should blow SD out of the water, but...good lord, who knows? I just hope we pick up where we left off with them and thats scoring with the Def posting huge numbers, but this time scoring TD, not FG's...

DIESELMAN
01-06-2009, 06:37 PM
I really do think we should blow SD out of the water, but...good lord, who knows? I just hope we pick up where we left off with them and thats scoring with the Def posting huge numbers, but this time scoring TD, not FG's...
We've had a lot of close games this year, which makes us mentally tough. A blowout would be nice, I just want to see the offense quit sputtering and show some consistency. The D can hold its own and then some, its time for the offense to show what its getting paid for.....

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 06:41 PM
We've had a lot of close games this year, which makes us mentally tough. A blowout would be nice, I just want to see the offense quit sputtering and show some consistency. The D can hold its own and then some, its time for the offense to show what its getting paid for.....
I'm pretty sure thats what we all want, and have all been waiting on since week 2. If these guys were just a little bity better I know we would run away with it this year. There are no teams that stand out as the best. The only thing that can make that claim is our Def. That is the only #1 thing going this year. So if Ben is ok, and the OL can open some running and passing lanes I think we crush everyone...However, can we do this?

brycey3675
01-07-2009, 09:58 AM
this game will be a good game. The chargers have a bunch of weapons. The steelers have the best d fense in the nfl and the last time we played the score was 11 to 10 steelers. "but it really was 18 to 10 steelers." Im going to see it up close because i got tickets to the game.:herewego: But we just got out of that game alive. but ben needs to play or we will not win. no enffice to bryan leftwich but ben is the man in pittsburgh.:bigtowel: [SIZE="7] GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:steel ersflag5:

jmt86
01-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Jag-Offs I love it!

GO STEELERS!

how is rivers the GAYEST over-rated qb? You definitely sound like a 12 year old talking, hes been in the league for 3 years, he won 14 games his rookie season and went to the pro bowl. Then in 07 won 12 games and took the chargers to its first afc championship game since...well you guys remember 94. not to mention the afc championship game playing on a torn acl and in my mind, one of the most gutsy games ive ever seen from a player. also recently leading the league in TD passes and qb rating, out dueling the leagues mvp for a chance to go on in the playoffs. listen you may not like rivers because of whatever reason, but give the man his dues and stop holding a grudge like a girl, sure i don't like tom brady but hes one of the best, sure i don't like jay cutler but hes a emerging star in this league. BUT RIVERS is a damn good qb and one of the elite. common steelers fans i thought you guys were knowledgeable and have some class

--- Added 1/7/2009 at 10:50 AM ---

Denver actually has a pretty damn corner in champ bailey, but you talk about playing weak teams in our divsion, did you forget about the bengals? browns?

steelers4life66
01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
this game will be a good game. The chargers have a bunch of weapons. The steelers have the best d fense in the nfl and the last time we played the score was 11 to 10 steelers. "but it really was 18 to 10 steelers." Im going to see it up close because i got tickets to the game.:herewego: But we just got out of that game alive. but ben needs to play or we will not win. no enffice to bryan leftwich but ben is the man in pittsburgh.:bigtowel: [SIZE="7] GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:steel ersflag5:Penalty's killed us in that game 115 yrds worth. Think the chargers had 1. Steelers stats we're way better.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-07-2009, 12:01 PM
how is rivers the GAYEST over-rated qb? You definitely sound like a 12 year old talking, hes been in the league for 3 years, he won 14 games his rookie season and went to the pro bowl. Then in 07 won 12 games and took the chargers to its first afc championship game since...well you guys remember 94. not to mention the afc championship game playing on a torn acl and in my mind, one of the most gutsy games ive ever seen from a player. also recently leading the league in TD passes and qb rating, out dueling the leagues mvp for a chance to go on in the playoffs. listen you may not like rivers because of whatever reason, but give the man his dues and stop holding a grudge like a girl, sure i don't like tom brady but hes one of the best, sure i don't like jay cutler but hes a emerging star in this league. BUT RIVERS is a damn good qb and one of the elite. common steelers fans i thought you guys were knowledgeable and have some class

:plus1: Rivers is a damn good qb... IMO he is basically one year behind Roethilisberger (look at Ben 07 stast vs Rivers 08 stats almost identical) We here like to say ben is on the cusp of being an elite Qb, so we'd be hard pressed not to say the same about Philip... he is that good!!

But he, unlike any other QB in the league now, has a personality that makes you want to slap him like a *itch!!! Sorry to say it, he's an assclown... Taunting fans, opponents, I've seen him actually throw temper tantrums on the field like a 6 year old girl. He plays the game with a ton of emotion and its not always good!!

JensK
01-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Denver actually has a pretty damn corner in champ bailey, but you talk about playing weak teams in our divsion, did you forget about the bengals? browns?

Oh we never forget about them, and how we mandhandle them every time we play them.. Never gets old ;)

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah Rivers is a little girl. Fits right in with Chargers QB Ryan Leaf when it comes to attitude. Not someone I would want on my team. I think he plays well. think he is turning into a fine QB, but...I do not like him over Brees, and would not have made that change. The QB is the front man for your team, and also can be a reflection of your franchise. Rivers act's like a clown, and I dont think he will lead this team anywhere. Teams fear LT, take that away, and I think rivers becomes just average at best. Put him behind the Steelers OL, and this team would not be 12-4, they would have missed the playoffs all together. I really believe that. Not to knock Rivers too hard because I doubt either one of the Mannings would have made the playoffs on this Steeler team either...

yinzer
01-07-2009, 05:40 PM

blah blah blah.... stats shmats. YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE.

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Rivers says he is the gayest QB of all time....lol

jmt86
01-07-2009, 06:58 PM

Rivers is 34-14 as a starter, 3 playoff wins under his belt in 3 season's and a trip to the afc championship game (and 1 pro bowl). its only his 3rd year, what does a guy have to do around this league to get some respect?

now listen, you guys may not watch alot of chargers football, but if you are really going to base all of this "cry baby, trash talker" under his belt for talking trash to cutler on monday night football game? are you kidding me? first of all, its a division rival. 2nd of all no one likes each other, we hate them and they hate us...so whats wrong with trash talking? the last time i checked this is football...trash talking happens in every single play every single game.

do you guys remember when anthony smith made that guarantee about beating the patriots, and when tom brady threw a td pass in his way...tom brady went out to anthony smith and started to talk so much trash and pointing his finger in his face. how come nobody said oh that was wrong...hes a qb..hes a icon he cant do that...thats bs, now all of a sudden rivers is a bad guy because he let his division rival know what team owns this division..

--- Added 1/7/2009 at 05:58 PM ---

Yeah Rivers is a little girl. Fits right in with Chargers QB Ryan Leaf when it comes to attitude. Not someone I would want on my team. I think he plays well. think he is turning into a fine QB, but...I do not like him over Brees, and would not have made that change. The QB is the front man for your team, and also can be a reflection of your franchise. Rivers act's like a clown, and I dont think he will lead this team anywhere. Teams fear LT, take that away, and I think rivers becomes just average at best. Put him behind the Steelers OL, and this team would not be 12-4, they would have missed the playoffs all together. I really believe that. Not to knock Rivers too hard because I doubt either one of the Mannings would have made the playoffs on this Steeler team either...

you may not want him on your team, but hes gained respect from all of his teammates, they all see him as a leader and love the guy, and can you please give me a example of when rivers acts like a clown? besides that dumb monday night game that EVERYONE just cant seem to forget about.

"Rivers act's like a clown, and I dont think he will lead this team anywhere." well he did take him to the afc championship game...on a bum knee...so i guess you are right man.

" I think rivers becomes just average at best. Put him behind the Steelers OL, and this team would not be 12-4, they would have missed the playoffs all together. "

are you being serious or joking? because if you put any qb behind the steelers line i wouldn't be surprised if you end up putting that qb on IR. only reason why the chargers are in the playoffs is because of rivers, hes carried us for 2 months now.

Dean Denton
01-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Rivers is 34-14 as a starter, 3 playoff wins under his belt in 3 season's and a trip to the afc championship game (and 1 pro bowl). its only his 3rd year, what does a guy have to do around this league to get some respect?

now listen, you guys may not watch alot of chargers football, but if you are really going to base all of this "cry baby, trash talker" under his belt for talking trash to cutler on monday night football game? are you kidding me? first of all, its a division rival. 2nd of all no one likes each other, we hate them and they hate us...so whats wrong with trash talking? the last time i checked this is football...trash talking happens in every single play every single game.

do you guys remember when anthony smith made that guarantee about beating the patriots, and when tom brady threw a td pass in his way...tom brady went out to anthony smith and started to talk so much trash and pointing his finger in his face. how come nobody said oh that was wrong...hes a qb..hes a icon he cant do that...thats bs, now all of a sudden rivers is a bad guy because he let his division rival know what team owns this division..For starters, Tom Brady has acually done something in this league other then run his mouth. Tom has earned the right to stick it to a back up saftey with a big mouth. Rivers was running his mouth when he was walking off the field in the AFC title game last year. All the guy does is talk trash, and point his finger. Become something other than that first, then start your mouth going. Yeah, just like the guy in Pittsburgh....I find it funny people want to be trash talkers before they win the big games or earn that right to talk down to other players. In my eyes Rivers has not done any more in this league then Romo or Cutler. And is still on the outside looking in at Ben and Eli...

--- Added 1/7/2009 at 06:04 PM ---

are you being serious or joking? because if you put any qb behind the steelers line i wouldn't be surprised if you end up putting that qb on IR. only reason why the chargers are in the playoffs is because of rivers, hes carried us for 2 months now.

What does this have to do with what I said? You are kinda of making my point. Rivers is no Ben, and if Rivers was the QB in Pittsburgh, they would have missed the playoffs. Because, the OL sucks, and rivers cant carry an Off like this...only Ben can, and did...

jmt86
01-07-2009, 07:12 PM
For starters, Tom Brady has acually done something in this league other then run his mouth. Tom has earned the right to stick it to a back up saftey with a big mouth. Rivers was running his mouth when he was walking off the field in the AFC title game last year. All the guy does is talk trash, and point his finger. Become something other than that first, then start your mouth going. Yeah, just like the guy in Pittsburgh....I find it funny people want to be trash talkers before they win the big games or earn that right to talk down to other players. In my eyes Rivers has not done any more in this league then Romo or Cutler. And is still on the outside looking in at Ben and Eli...

--- Added 1/7/2009 at 06:04 PM ---

What does this have to do with what I said? You are kinda of making my point. Rivers is no Ben, and if Rivers was the QB in Pittsburgh, they would have missed the playoffs. Because, the OL sucks, and rivers cant carry an Off like this...only Ben can, and did...

you are comparing 2 qb's with NO playoff wins vs a guy that has 3 playoff wins and a afc championship game...and you are saying they are pretty much the same, wow man...i thought coming on this board would be fun because steeler fans actually know football, but you man...you are just clueless as they come.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2009, 07:26 PM

Rivers won 14 games his rookie season?......What?......No Rivers sat his *** on the bench his first two seasons since Drew Brees was the Chargers starting QB.....Rivers took over in 2006 and that was River's third NFL season.........

You belittle some of my fellow Steelers fans on this site but you don't even know the facts of your own team so you have no right to talk **** on anyone.....Your post here proves all I need to know about you....lol

steelcitysfinestXL
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM

do you guys remember when anthony smith made that guarantee about beating the patriots, and when tom brady threw a td pass in his way...tom brady went out to anthony smith and started to talk so much trash and pointing his finger in his face. how come nobody said oh that was wrong...hes a qb..hes a icon he cant do that...thats bs, now all of a sudden rivers is a bad guy because he let his division rival know what team owns this division..

--- Added 1/7/2009 at 05:58 PM ---

you may not want him on your team, but hes gained respect from all of his teammates, they all see him as a leader and love the guy, and can you please give me a example of when rivers acts like a clown? besides that dumb monday night game that EVERYONE just cant seem to forget about.

"Rivers act's like a clown, and I dont think he will lead this team anywhere." well he did take him to the afc championship game...on a bum knee...so i guess you are right man.

" I think rivers becomes just average at best. Put him behind the Steelers OL, and this team would not be 12-4, they would have missed the playoffs all together. "

Man, Rivers has been doing this shiat since last season throughout their playoff run! I dont think many people here are saying the dude is a bad QB because that is just wrong... His character leaves alot to be desired, to say the least!

Secondly why do you come on a steelers board, talk up a qb that everyone outside of SD hates and expect us to have to swallow it??? Like Denton said, Rivers is no better than Romo or Cutler at this point. When you want to compare elite QBs these days you need hardware to back it up, and that would be a ring. Ask Anybody who the best QBs in the league are and you'll get the same answer: Manning or Brady followed by Eli and Ben. The olny exception is Brees and thats because he appearantly is the modern day Marino!!! (or 15 yds from it!)

jmt86
01-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Rivers won 14 games his rookie season?......What?......No Rivers sat his *** on the bench his first two seasons since Drew Brees was the Chargers starting QB.....Rivers took over in 2006 and that was River's third NFL season.........

You belittle some of my fellow Steelers fans on this site but you don't even know the facts of your own team so you have no right to talk **** on anyone.....Your post here proves all I need to know about you....lol

jesus christ... he didn't START\PLAY a single game until 06(when brees got injured in the last game of the season in 05, rivers came in and played a half and that was it.). Look man if you really want to be technical and GAY go ahead, but the rest of the league knew that it was his first go around as a NFL starter was in 06, he wasn't qualified as a rookie but people made points that he should have if he didn't play any games before.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2009, 07:52 PM
jesus christ... he didn't START\PLAY a single game until 06(when brees got injured in the last game of the season in 05, rivers came in and played a half and that was it.). Look man if you really want to be technical and GAY go ahead, but the rest of the league knew that it was his first go around as a NFL starter was in 06, he wasn't qualified as a rookie but people made points that he should have if he didn't play any games before.

You can back track however you like......But you stated Rivers won 14 games his rookie season.....Which in fact was his third NFL season......Just pointed out you were wrong in which you said.....If you would have posted his first season as an NFL starter then you would have been alright.....But you stated his rookie season.......Which Rivers sat his *** on the bench his first two seasons.......Yes I'm that technical especially when you run down other people and when they're members of my teams fan base.........

jmt86
01-07-2009, 07:57 PM
You can back track however you like......But you stated Rivers won 14 games his rookie season.....Which in fact was his third NFL season......Just pointed out you were wrong in which you said.....If you would have posted his first season as an NFL starter then you would have been alright.....But you stated his rookie season.......Which Rivers sat his *** on the bench his first two seasons.......Yes I'm that technical especially when you run down other people and when they're members of my teams fan base.........

well when you call my QB the gayest and most over-rated QB of all time, then compare rivers to romo and cutler, cept that romo has no playoff wins and cutler hasn't even played a playoff game, what am i suppose to do? im going to defend my guy.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2009, 08:03 PM
well when you call my QB the gayest and most over-rated QB of all time, then compare rivers to romo and cutler, cept that romo has no playoff wins and cutler hasn't even played a playoff game, what am i suppose to do? im going to defend my guy.

That is fine but just know what you're talking about and check your posts......Rivers wasn't a rookie 2006 and that is a fact.......Plus last time I checked this is a Steelers site.......What did you expect some Steelers fans to say that Rivers is great and going to kick the Steelers *** on Sunday?......Its play-off time dude so lighten up some....lol

Philip Rivers is a very good NFL QB and most members on this site know this.......But he better have a better showing against the Steelers defense this time for the Chargers to have any chance........Rivers had one of his worst games all season against the Steelers defense......Plus that was without DeShea Townsend and Byrant McFadden.......Two of the Steelers best corners.....

popstaala
01-07-2009, 08:19 PM
:tt02::tt02:rivers is good... ill give him som credit for his rating... but he will get shutdown AGAIN in steeltown:postal::postal::cope:

yinzer
01-08-2009, 08:58 AM

don't let your qb's high passer rating overshadow your horrendous record.

jmt86
01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
don't let your qb's high passer rating overshadow your horrendous record.

34-14 as a starter...that record?

yinzer
01-08-2009, 09:24 PM

the funny thing is that's what you actually think i was talking about. poor boy...

JensK
01-09-2009, 09:24 AM

Those, and that SB ring he is caring around :grin1:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/pa/pittsburgh%20international/AA151/forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&metric=0

Seems like its going to be a cold day :) The Forecast says that high would be 26 but with wind and stuff it would be closer to 19F with chances of snowshowers. Steelers weather! :cope::cope::cope:

steelers4life66
01-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Those, and that SB ring he is caring around :grin1:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/pa/pittsburgh%20international/AA151/forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&metric=0

Seems like its going to be a cold day :) The Forecast says that high would be 26 but with wind and stuff it would be closer to 19F with chances of snowshowers. Steelers weather! :cope::cope::cope: My brother live about 75 miles from Pittsburgh. I was talking to him last night he said its cold and nasty. Suppose to be 7 degrees Saturday night.

SteelFanInIL
01-09-2009, 12:23 PM
SH!T:!!!! :pullhair:.....These are gonna be the longest two days I've experienced in a long time. I can't take it anymore, think I'll get hammered and just pass out til sunday.:shots::drunk:

Steel Trap86
01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Ok guys LT has come out and said he has a strained groin and is doubtful for sunday. This came from LT himself, so I dont think we'll be seeing much or any of him.

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Ok guys LT has come out and said he has a strained groin and is doubtful for sunday. This came from LT himself, so I dont think we'll be seeing much or any of him.doesn't matter anyways. He never does much against us, and would end up getting himself put out for the rest of the season anyways....

Monrozombi
01-09-2009, 03:24 PM
i'm not sure if this is old or not but my friend just sent it to me, this should be the benediction for sunday:

Our Father, Who Art in Pittsburgh , Football Be Thy Game. The Kingdom Come, 5 Super Bowls Won, On Earth as it is in Heinz Field. Give us this Day a playoff Victory, And forgive us our penalties, As we defeat those who play against us. But lead us into a victory, And deliver us to Tampa ! A-Ben GO STEELERS

Dean Denton
01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
i'm not sure if this is old or not but my friend just sent it to me, this should be the benediction for sunday:

Our Father, Who Art in Pittsburgh , Football Be Thy Game. The Kingdom Come, 5 Super Bowls Won, On Earth as it is in Heinz Field. Give us this Day a playoff Victory, And forgive us our penalties, As we defeat those who play against us. But lead us into a victory, And deliver us to Tampa ! A-Ben GO STEELERS I have not heard that, and I like it. dont know if i'll ever say it out load.....lol but I like it..Thanks.

steelers4life66
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
SH!T:!!!! :pullhair:.....These are gonna be the longest two days I've experienced in a long time. I can't take it anymore, think I'll get hammered and just pass out til sunday.:shots::drunk:
That's what I've bean doing. I'm drunk right know...

blackngold29
01-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Great news everyone! Real football weather:

Snowfall totals of 2 to 4 inches are expected, but snow should taper off by early tomorrow morning, making for a cold but dry Sunday, Mr. Giordano said. Flurries late tonight won't amount to much accumulation, forecasters said.

Temperatures will likely linger in the low-20s during the Steelers' playoff game tomorrow against the San Diego Chargers.

"Hopefully, we'll be winning so people won't notice the cold," he said. Source (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09010/941023-85.stm)

That's awesome, and though I wish it would just snow the whole time, I cannot wait!!

--- Added 1/10/2009 at 01:13 AM ---

Oh and did everyone see this (http://www.post-gazette.com/multimedia/?videoid=101373)? The players are pretty funny when they're relaxed. It's the photoshoot which resulted for this picture: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200901/20090109pd_defense_3_500.jpg

Steel Trap86
01-10-2009, 04:19 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SSSSSSSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELERSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%$$$$$$$ $$$@#%%%@%@%@

JensK
01-10-2009, 05:39 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80dfd370

JensK
01-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Steelers (12-4) vs. Chargers (9-8)

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) vs. San Diego Chargers (9-8)
Date: Sunday, Jan. 11, 2008
Kickoff: 4:45 p.m. (ET)
Site: Heinz Field (65,050) • Pittsburgh, Pa.
Playing Surface: Grass/DD Grassmaster
TV Coverage: CBS (locally KDKA-TV, channel 2)
Announcers: Jim Nantz (play-by-play) Phil Simms (color analyst)
Local Radio: Steelers Radio Network WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
Announcers: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play) Tunch Ilkin (color analyst) Craig Wolfley (sideline)
National Radio: Westwood One Radio
Announcers: Ian Eagle (play-by-play) Dennis Green (color) Hub Arkush (sideline)

A Look at the Coaches

Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
Overall Regular-season Record: 22-10 (.688)/second season
Regular-season Record at Pittsburgh: 22-10 (.688)/second season
Playoff Record/Years: 0-1/one year

San Diego Chargers Head Coach Norv Turner
Overall Regular-season Record: 77-95-1 (.448)/11th season
Regular-season Record at San Diego: 19-13 (.594)/second season
Playoff Record/Years: 4-2/three years

Series History

Series History: Series began in 1971
Overall: Pittsburgh leads 20-6
At Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh leads 13-0
At San Diego: Pittsburgh leads 7-6
Neutral Sites: n/a
Last Regular-Season Meeting: Nov. 16, 2008 (in Pittsburgh) Pittsburgh 11, San Diego 10
Postseason Series: San Diego leads 2-0
(postseason record not included in overall series record)
Pittsburgh owns a 20-6 all-time record (regular season) against the Chargers, with the Steelers leading 13-0 in Pittsburgh and 7- 6 in San Diego...the Steelers won the most recent matchup earlier this year, 11-10, at Heinz Field on Nov. 16...it marked the first game in NFL history to end with an 11-10 final score...the Steelers outgained the Chargers 410-213 in that game as QB Ben
Roethlisberger finished with 308 yards passing, RB Willie Parker had 115 yards rushing and WR Hines Ward finished with 124yards receiving...the Steelers have won six of the past sevenregular-season games versus the Chargers...the Steelers havenever lost to the Chargers in Pittsburgh in the regular season,which is the best home record against a single opponent in theNFL at home (minimum 10 games)...the Steelers have heldChargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson under 100 yards in each ofhis four matchups with Pittsburgh...San Diego’s only two wins inPittsburgh have occurred during the playoffs in the 1994 AFCChampionship Game and on Jan. 9, 1983 in the first round of theAFC Tournament...Mike Tomlin is 1-0 against the Chargers in theregular season.

Steelers’ Postseason History vs. San Diego Chargers:
• The Steelers will face the San Diego Chargers in the postseason for the third time in team history with the Chargers leading the series 2-0.
• This marks the first matchup between the teams at Heinz Field as the previous two meetings were both held at Three Rivers Stadium following the 1982 and 1994 seasons.
• Pittsburgh is 6-9 in the postseason against teams/franchises currently in the AFC West, including an 0-2 record against the Chargers, 3-3 versus the Denver Broncos, 3-3 against the Oakland/L.A. Raiders and 0-1 versus the Kansas City Chiefs.
• The Steelers lost to the Chargers, 17-13, in the 1994 AFC Championship Game at Three Rivers Stadium in the last postseason matchup between the teams.
• This marks the first meeting between the teams in a Divisional Playoff Game. The first game was a first-round matchup in the AFC Tournament during the 1982 strike-shortened season, and the second game was the 1994 AFC Championship Game.
• In the two postseason games, Pittsburgh has been outscored by the Chargers by a total of seven points. Following is a look at the all-time postseason games in the series history:
1/9/83 San Diego Chargers L, 28-31 AFC Tournament
1/15/95 San Diego Chargers L, 13-17 AFC Championship Game

Steelers-Chargers Connections

Steelers-Chargers Connections: Several Steelers have ties to the Chargers and the San Diego area. The Steelers have several players who are from California, including DT Chris Hoke (Long Beach), S Troy Polamalu (Garden Grove) and QB Dennis Dixon (San Leandro). In addition, Polamalu attended USC while DE Travis Kirschke and LB Bruce Davis played at UCLA.

Chargers with ties to the Steelers and Western Pennsylvania include offensive line coach John Henry, who was born in Houston, Pa. and coached with the Steelers in 1990-91. He was a linebacker at Penn State and a guard at IUP. Henry coached at West Virginia, Edinboro, IUP and Pitt. Offensive line coach Hal Hunter was born in Canonsburg, Pa. and coached at Pitt and IUP. TE Kris Wilson played at Pitt.

What To Look For

PITTSBURGH TEAM NOTES

• The Steelers look for their first postseason victory over the San Diego Chargers in the playoffs (0-2 record).
• The Steelers look for their first postseason victory since a 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL.
• The Steelers look to improve to 29-20 all-time in the playoffs.
• The Steelers look for their second win over the Chargers this season, defeating the Chargers 11-10 in Week 11 at Heinz Field.
• The Steelers look to improve to 14-7 all-time in divisional playoff games, including an 11-1 record at home.

PITTSBURGH INDIVIDUAL NOTES

WR Hines Ward
• Needs three receptions to become the first receiver in team history to post at least 70 catches in the playoffs. Ward currently has 67.
• Needs 12 yards receiving to move into second place on the team’s all-time list for receiving yards in the postseason. Ward currently has 896, trailing Lynn Swann (907) and John Stallworth (1,054).
• Needs 104 yards receiving to become just the second receiver in team history to post 1,000 yards receiving in the postseason. Ward currently has 896 and Stallworth finished with 1,054.
• Needs one receiving touchdown to move into a tie for second place on the team’s all-time list for receiving touchdowns in the postseason. Ward currently has eight career postseason touchdowns, trailing Lynn Swann by one (9).
• Needs one catch for his 12th straight postseason game with at least one reception, the third-longest streak in team history.

yinzer
01-10-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80dfd370

that weather man looks like a stalker/slasher/pedofile to me

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2009, 04:09 PM
I heard on Sirius today that the Chargers packed an extra 1000 lbs of equip on their plane yesterday to help them stay warm .... panzy asses :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
01-11-2009, 04:18 PM
:tt02::tt02:HERE WE GO STEELERS!! HERE WE GO! :tt02::tt02: