PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone on offense...

Steelersfan
01-04-2009, 11:51 AM
That isn't to blame for the problems this year?

We've all seen and read the Ben vs Byron, Parker vs Moore, Bruce sucks, the OL sucks, WR's drop balls, etc threads all year. So what does that leave? Does anyone truly think that there are parts to this offense that are worth keeping and building around?

IMO I think the OL is the first thing that needs to be fixed. Fix that and other problems with be better right from the start. Then we should really be able to see what needs fixing and what are just problems stemming from the bad OL play.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Our offense has the weapons at skill positions to be good; Ben, Hines, Santonio, Heath, Moore, Mendenhall (next year), and hopefully if Sweed comes along because I don't know that Washington will be back next year. I like Russel's ability at RB but he's stuck behind Parker and Moore. I wish we could see more of him, I really think he's a gem on this team that we might not ever get to fully see develop if things stay as they are. We've picked apart this offensive line so many times this year that at this point if they just scrapped the whole thing and started over it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Now we all know they aren't going to do that and its probably a safe bet that Hartwig will be back at Center. I like Stapleton's game so far and he's versatile to play Center or Guard. There's a good chance that Starks will get re-signed I think, if he does move his *** to RT and get us a damn LT.

The one thing we cannot build around on this offense, the one thing that has got to go, is Arians!!!

JensK
01-04-2009, 12:52 PM
our TE's have been doing a decent job... not good, but decent.

popstaala
01-04-2009, 01:08 PM
we have good ben, ,mewelde moore, hines ward, heath miller, 1/2 holmes, 1/2 nate
the O line struggling all year, parker limited due to injury, spaeth is a glumsy clown, and arians needs to die sometime this week before we play..

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2009, 01:26 PM
That isn't to blame for the problems this year?

We've all seen and read the Ben vs Byron, Parker vs Moore, Bruce sucks, the OL sucks, WR's drop balls, etc threads all year. So what does that leave? Does anyone truly think that there are parts to this offense that are worth keeping and building around?

IMO I think the OL is the first thing that needs to be fixed. Fix that and other problems with be better right from the start. Then we should really be able to see what needs fixing and what are just problems stemming from the bad OL play.

I have stated that the entire offense and even BA is to blame to our good friend Scalaid6 many times but he continues to ignore the fact that blame could be equally shared throughout the entire unit.....

--- Added 1/4/2009 at 11:26 AM ---

our TE's have been doing a decent job... not good, but decent.

Both Miller and Spaeth have done their part in terms of catching the ball.....But in my opinion both have really done a **** poor job in blocking....Even Heath Miller who many Steelers fans continue to over-rate his blocking.......He is nowhere close to the level that Mark Bruener was as a blocker.....

Iron City South
01-04-2009, 01:49 PM
We are a flawed team ..... there's nothing anybody can do at this point other than:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BlitzSteel/Believe.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Trust me IC I believe......I'm just going to enjoy the play-offs no matter what and try to act like a more sane person for now on.....To many times in the past I have gotten so worked up watching the Steelers that I really took the enjoyment out of it.....Not anymore.....I'm just going to wave my Terrible Towel and Believe......

BlitzburghNation
01-04-2009, 02:04 PM
That's Right Guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,BELIEVE
:towelwave::gs::towelwave::gs::towelwave:

Captcoolhand
01-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Trust me IC I believe......I'm just going to enjoy the play-offs no matter what and try to act like a more sane person for now on.....To many times in the past I have gotten so worked up watching the Steelers that I really took the enjoyment out of it.....Not anymore.....I'm just going to wave my Terrible Towel and Believe......
You're just psyching yourself up for all that BS that BA is going to bring next week...:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Our TE's are the most underutilized weapons on this team. It's been that way for the last 20 years. Bruener was a record setting receiving TE when we drafted him and while he was the best blocker around he had good hands too but Cowher refused to ever use him in that way. Heath and Spaeth are being used more which is good but IMO it's still not enough. Miller should have 60 catches if you ask me, he's that good. His blocking has been off this year but then again so has the other 5 guys beside him too.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Our TE's are the most underutilized weapons on this team. It's been that way for the last 20 years. Bruener was a record setting receiving TE when we drafted him and while he was the best blocker around he had good hands too but Cowher refused to ever use him in that way. Heath and Spaeth are being used more which is good but IMO it's still not enough. Miller should have 60 catches if you ask me, he's that good. His blocking has been off this year but then again so has the other 5 guys beside him too.

Miller missed some games Top so really if wouldn't have missed those games he would have came closer to those 60 catches....I have no problems with Heath Miller in the passing game.....He is solid but I think his blocking has been **** poor at times....As for Spaeth he is alright when used in the passing game but for a man his size he blocks like a girl........Both of these guys are nowhere close to the level of Bruener when it comes to blocking....Hell there not even close to Jerame Tuman when it comes to blocking....If you ask me that is another factor why the running game has suffered this year......In my opinion both Ward and Holmes block better then our TE's....lol

SteelFanInIL
01-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Let's face facts, our D is great, offence Fair to mid.:imho: There are so many variables with the O that could be fixed it's impossible to point any 1 out. Look at 05', not our greatest team but got us that 1 for the :yellowthumb:. This unit cand put up points if it gels, BA is a big part of that (imo). I still think Moore is our best bet for a ground game, my confidence in Willie just isn't that high. Our line has had good games and Moore hits the hole better than FWP these days, Without the ground game...I Don't see a sixth ring.:tt02: