PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Indy...

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 12:42 AM
No Manning rematch here at Heinz Field next Sunday I guess I was wrong in predicting the AFC Championship game oh well lol...Its down to either the Bolts or Fins coming in here next weekend....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2009, 12:44 AM
No Manning rematch here at Heinz Field next Sunday I guess I was wrong in predicting the AFC Championship game oh well lol...Its down to either the Bolts or Fins coming in here next weekend....

I'm glad the Colts lost........The Steelers should and will beat either the Phins or Chargers........

popstaala
01-04-2009, 12:45 AM
hahahaha... sorryass colt lost.... the mvp got served today... philip rivers or AP shouldve got it

KSSteelerfan
01-04-2009, 12:47 AM
I love it...........:banana:

floodcitygirl
01-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm glad the Colts lost........The Steelers should and will beat either the Phins or Chargers........I'm glad we're not facing the Colts but the Chargers were overall pretty impressive tonight, imo.

BlitzburghNation
01-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Great Game,,,,,,,colts running "D" couldn't stop sproles and the chargers gave the colts every chance in the world and they got that :moon: :spank:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm glad we're not facing the Colts but the Chargers were overall pretty impressive tonight, imo.

The Chargers and Sproles were impressive tonight no doubt.....But Sproles won't be able to run against our defense.....LT is about done at this point with his groin....I really wouldn't expect much out of him either....I think our defense proved they could handle Rivers and the Chargers passing game during the regular season....The Dolphins don't concern me at all......I think the Steelers are a lock now for the AFC title game....

popstaala
01-04-2009, 12:53 AM
The Chargers and Sproles were impressive tonight no doubt.....But Sproles won't be able to run against our defense.....LT is about done at this point with his groin....I really wouldn't expect much out of him either....I think our defense proved they could handle Rivers and the Chargers passing game during the regular season....The Dolphins don't concern me at all......I think the Steelers are a lock now for the AFC title game....

agree with you bro... end of story:tt02::tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 01:00 AM
It becomes huge now if Miami wins tomorrow because it will then set up a definite possibility of the Chargers beating the Titans next week and coming here for the AFC Championship when the Steelers take care of the Dolphins. And that will set up extremely well for the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl. Getting Indy out of the way and possibly Baltimore tomorrow as well is huge for the Steelers.

floodcitygirl
01-04-2009, 01:00 AM
The Chargers and Sproles were impressive tonight no doubt.....But Sproles won't be able to run against our defense.....LT is about done at this point with his groin....I really wouldn't expect much out of him either....I think our defense proved they could handle Rivers and the Chargers passing game during the regular season....The Dolphins don't concern me at all......I think the Steelers are a lock now for the AFC title game....Sproles was incredible. I haven't seen him much. If LT is out of it, that will improve anyone's chances. As for your prediction...from your lips to God's ears. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Tomlin is seriously injured with that torn tendon, Im surprised he even played at all. He only had what 5 carries and one for a TD but man credit the Bolts for sticking it to em. I was worried about facing that Colts passing attack but I knew we could play with them since we gave that damn game away earlier in the year. Facing the Phins or the bolts next week, let's go Im ready!

popstaala
01-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Tomlin is seriously injured with that torn tendon, Im surprised he even played at all. He only had what 5 carries and one for a TD but man credit the Bolts for sticking it to em. I was worried about facing that Colts passing attack but I knew we could play with them since we gave that damn game away earlier in the year. Facing the Phins or the bolts next week, let's go Im ready!

i actually thought youre refering to mike tomlin.... lol
yea tomlinsons first run shows how seriously hurt he was... he ran for 13 yard but he could have easily get more with three blocker and about ten yards of open field ahead of him...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2009, 01:14 AM
:duh: yeah my bad sorry about that...I was thinking faster than my fingers were typing.

I heard Schefter talking on NFLN that the docs advised Tomlinson to not play and that if this would have happened in the middle of the year he would have to go on IR and have surgery. He's going to be severely hampered for however long they last so that's a big weapon out of their arsenal but still for tonight atleast the Bolts got it done without him.

DBR96A
01-04-2009, 03:21 AM
The "hottest team in the NFL" just got a bucket of cold Pacific saltwater thrown in their faces. :lol:

Colts are one-and-done in six of their last nine playoff appearances. :lol:

:lol:

BlackGold4vr
01-04-2009, 03:26 AM
The "hottest team in the NFL" just got a bucket of cold Pacific saltwater thrown in their faces. :lol:

Colts are one-and-done in six of their last nine playoff appearances. :lol:

:lol:

Yes, the media's "darling" just got thrown out of the party. Who will they pine for next?

:haha:

DBR96A
01-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Yes, the media's "darling" just got thrown out of the party. Who will they pine for next?

:haha:

The media's order of preference this post-season...

1. Colts
2. Cowboys*
3. Patriots*
4. Giants
5. Eagles
6. Ravens
7. Dolphins
8. Chargers
9. Panthers
10. Titans
11. Falcons
12. Steelers
13. Vikings
14. Cardinals

* - A team doesn't have to qualify in order to be a preferred post-season pick by some members of the mainstream sports media.

Prosdo
01-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I thought the Colts would have been able to handle the Chargers. The Colts penalties on the game winning drive really hurt them. Why the guy felt the need to grab the face mask is beyond me. Very impressive performance by Sproles. That guy is dangerous.

lloydfan4life
01-04-2009, 10:56 AM
I thought the Colts would have been able to handle the Chargers. The Colts penalties on the game winning drive really hurt them. Why the guy felt the need to grab the face mask is beyond me. Very impressive performance by Sproles. That guy is dangerous.

I agree. I didn't expect to see the Colts lose this game, although I am glad they did. San Diego is a team that scares me at this point. Sproles reminds me of a little Wes Welker. He's so little and fast it's hard to grab hold of him.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing the Chargers. I'd love for Miami to pull off the upset today but I don't think they will.

ejsteeler
01-04-2009, 11:27 AM

My thoughts exactly..... :yellowthumb: :cope:

Iron City South
01-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Boys .....

I like our chances!

Colts going down last night falls right in line with what I've been lobbying for; either the Bolts or the Fins will have to visit Pittsburgh in Janurary. Neither team has heart nor do they play well in cold weather. Now its time to pray for an arctic blast to roll through the Ohio valley.

This couldn't have fallen into place any better.

BlackGold4vr
01-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Boys .....

I like our chances!

Colts going down last night falls right in line with what I've been lobbying for; either the Bolts or the Fins will have to visit Pittsburgh in Janurary. Neither team has heart nor do they play well in cold weather. Now its time to pray for an arctic blast to roll through the Ohio valley.

Yes, hopefully we get the Fins, and the Titans get the Bolts. Bolts beat Titans and then have to play us in Pittsburgh in the elements for the championship game.

That would be ideal. :yesnod:

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Boys .....

I like our chances!

I wouldnt say they both dont have heart both have played very well the last month or so when basically facing elimination over the course of the last month. Neither game will be a gimmie game, but as you said getting rid of Indy and not having to play Peyton Manning at all and facing two warm weather teams in the playoffs for the first game is a huge huge advantage. I really think that if they play the Dolphins here next week if they should somehow get by the Ravens, that Miami will completely run out of gas after winning all these games in a row the last 6 weeks or so and the Steelers with their defense should be able to handle and take care of that wildcat offense of the Dolphins.

So if you ask me who I would rather see coming in here next weekend I am going to say the Dolphins because Phillip Rivers and that Chargers offense scares me a little bit more. I would rather see them in the Championship game at 630 at night on the 18th where hopefully the elements will play a big big factor.

popstaala
01-04-2009, 01:42 PM
really dont matter who we get.... yall are sounding a lil scared because lil sproles ran all over the colts defense.... their running defense is worst than what you all think... and there is no way sporles can do that against our defense... i dont care who we play next week... if its the bolts, we'll win... fins/ratbiurds, we'll win... im just hoping for a rematch with the titans so we can stomp that fatass landale white.. for he did the worst to us..... stomp on our flag:nono::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Iron City South
01-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I wouldnt say they both dont have heart both have played very well the last month or so when basically facing elimination over the course of the last month.

So if you ask me who I would rather see coming in here next weekend I am going to say the Dolphins because Phillip Rivers and that Chargers offense scares me a little bit more. I would rather see them in the Championship game at 630 at night on the 18th where hopefully the elements will play a big big factor.

I don't care how they played last month or last week. It's now the post-season, lose one and you're done. Teams have no choice but to kick it up a notch. You either want it badly or you don't. Personally, I don't think Rivers has the "gamer" attitude that Ben does.

F' it .... I'm saying it, on defense the Bolts are a soft bunch. I don't see fire in their eyes to win it all. I see a banged up team who won't have the luxury of falling back on their star player. Sproles had a good game yesterday but make no mistake about it, he's no LT ... Bolts also had 2 LB's get injured yesterday too so we'll see how that shakes out.

Fins or Bolts .... bring 'em on. They're not the Steelers ..... :cope:

Steel Trap86
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Looks like the Chargers are coming to Pittsburgh

ejsteeler
01-04-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah, the guppies are looking just like that......

Dee Mca
01-04-2009, 05:17 PM
I hope the weather is crap. Snow, rain, windy, a blizzard take Sproles out of the game. He's scarey. Gates has a high ankle sprain so hopefully with a cold day and with the great field that we are known for makes it that much harder on them.

Ambridge
01-04-2009, 06:07 PM
It was great seeing "Jughead" Manning get sent home
The media had been slobbering all over themselves with the Colt "Orgy-fest" the past month.
At least "Bucket-head" has plenty of time to go and make plenty of new commecials.

With that said.....now hear this!!
The Chargers are hot-they are on a roll....and they are setting up to be this years playoff longshot who probably everyone is OVER LOOKING!!

I for one wouldn't be one bit surprised if they came into Heinz Field and knocked the Steelers out.
They've played here once this season and next week the forecast is supposed to similar to the conditions that were played in last time.

I have a bad feeling.

Iron City South
01-04-2009, 06:22 PM
The Chargers are hot-they are on a roll....and they are setting up to be this years playoff longshot who probably everyone is OVER LOOKING!!

I for one wouldn't be one bit surprised if they came into Heinz Field and knocked the Steelers out.

yeah ....ok, just keep inhaling.

http://www.time-is-fun.com/huge-joint-101.jpg

Ambridge
01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
yeah ....ok, just keep inhaling.

http://www.time-is-fun.com/huge-joint-101.jpg

This coming from the same Simpleton who was defending the values of Mike Martz and claimed that Monte Kiffen was a coach for the Colts at one time???
:whatever: :yellowthumb:

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 06:54 PM
It was great seeing "Jughead" Manning get sent home
The media had been slobbering all over themselves with the Colt "Orgy-fest" the past month.
At least "Bucket-head" has plenty of time to go and make plenty of new commecials.

They've played here once this season and next week the forecast is supposed to similar to the conditions that were played in last time.

I have a bad feeling.

I dont want to overlook anybody or take anything away from the Chargers at all they have been playing great over the last month. However, with that being said there will be in my opinion absolutely no excuses at all for Tomlin and this Steelers team losing this game next week to the Chargers. Especially when you take into account that the Chargers defense is not very good and has no Shawn Merriman, and also LT is not 100 percent and might not even play in this game. Also, the weather is going to be in the 20's with snow showers the way it looks now, and also that the Chargers have just been absolutely horrific this season playing on the East Coast. Losing to the Chargers here next week with 2 weeks off and LT not even being a factor in this game would be an absolute disgrace in my opinion and a total black eye on Mike Tomlin who would take a ton of heat if he should lose this game at Heinz Field to the Chargers.

Ambridge
01-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I dont want to overlook anybody or take anything away from the Chargers at all they have been playing great over the last month. However, with that being said there will be in my opinion absolutely no excuses at all for Tomlin and this Steelers team losing this game next week to the Chargers. Especially when you take into account that the Chargers defense is not very good and has no Shawn Merriman, and also LT is not 100 percent and might not even play in this game. Also, the weather is going to be in the 20's with snow showers the way it looks now, and also that the Chargers have just been absolutely horrific this season playing on the East Coast. Losing to the Chargers here next week with 2 weeks off and LT not even being a factor in this game would be an absolute disgrace in my opinion and a total black eye on Mike Tomlin who would take a ton of heat if he should lose this game at Heinz Field to the Chargers.

For the most part this is the same scenario as the first game....although LT is more banged up than before
The San Diego defense might not be very good but that gets equalized out since the Steelers offense isn't that good as well.
Phillip Rivers(who should have made the Pro-Bowl and arguably won the League MVP)is playing out of his mind.....and carrying the Chargers on his back. Darren Sproles is a dangerous weapon on special teams and running back and Mike Scifres was cranking some amazing punts that could kill the Steelers on field position.

You are very right that if Tomlin doesn't have this team ready to roll next Sunday he should be made to answer why he didn't.

Iron City South
01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Steelers are going to crush this soft-bunch .... Mark it down!

... to hell with anybody who doesn't believe in them.

PS - If I said Kiffen last week Ambridge when referring to the Colts, it was obviously a slip of the tounge. I should have said Tom Moore.

ejsteeler
01-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Ambridge pretty much sized it up....:yellowthumb:
Their D against our O, as it has been, is pretty equal if not leaning towards the bolts. However, I see us coming into this game revved up and on track. The D will destroy any hopes of a game plan and the O will come out with something to prove...as they should.

steelers4life66
01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Manning is one of the few non Steelers that I like. But he didn't deserve the MVP this year. Thier was to many others that should of got it. That being one of the reasons I'm glad he lost.:lol:

Dean Denton
01-05-2009, 08:09 PM
I wanted revenge for my birthday, but I'll take the colts getting bounced out in one game too. Might be better this way because the league would have tried to set up the manning-manning SB. Sproles was great, and really crushed the Colts. How many total yards did he finish with? did he get the record? Job well done. Must be nice to have a HB that can fit in the guards back pocket, then just jumps out and is gone....lol