PDA

View Full Version : Cowher making changes to starters.. Kemoeatu & McFadden

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2006, 09:05 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06298/732664-66.stm

It's about time Chris K gets the start on the OL. He played great against the Chiefs and it's become more apparent this year that a change is needed and Simmons just doesn't seem to do as well anymore. He really hasn't been the same since his diabetes started.

As much as I like Deshea, the secondary needs to be shaken up at the CB spot because we just getting burnt way to often.

Captcoolhand
10-25-2006, 09:14 AM
It's about time they took Townsand out of there. I was surprise when they even resigned him in the offseason. He's noticably lost a step in coverage and his tackling hasn't much to be desired:dunno:

House of Steel
10-25-2006, 09:37 AM
I am happy to hear this one. Maybe this may solve a few problems. Simmons, as much I liked him, he just hasn't been the same since diabetes took over, and I will admit it is a good excuse to use for his downfall in play. Townsend has been surprising me with his lackluster plays.

Captcoolhand
10-25-2006, 10:22 AM
I am happy to hear this one. Maybe this may solve a few problems. Simmons, as much I liked him, he just hasn't been the same since diabetes took over, and I will admit it is a good excuse to use for his downfall in play. Townsend has been surprising me with his lackluster plays.
What do you mean, He's been this way for a few years now and it's getting worse

House of Steel
10-25-2006, 10:48 AM
He used to be good.

Captcoolhand
10-25-2006, 10:58 AM
I won't deny that, I like Townnsand, but his play has gone to hell.

House of Steel
10-25-2006, 11:05 AM
That is why we need the changes. I noticed Ike Taylor isn't playing at the level he was last season.

AZ_Steeler
10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm all for the changes. I was for Chris staying in the lineup after the Chiefs game but coach wouldn't listen to me :dunno:

McFadden... I'm on the fence with. He redeemed himself with an interception after 2 consecutive PI calls but he is a playmaker and can at least catch the ball unlike the other corner. Maybe this shakeup will put everyone on alert saying your job is not secure so we'll start seeing better performances from everyone!

:tt02:

Prosdo
10-25-2006, 12:22 PM
I really like both of these changes. These guys should have been the starters all along.

BBG7
10-25-2006, 12:47 PM
I love the changes. I think they needed to happen and I'm glad to see it finally.

Koopa
10-25-2006, 04:18 PM
what happened to the rules of posting the title of the article as the thread title/?? lol.....and it says he's considering starting them

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Townsend kicked *** last year for us, that's why we brought him back. He was our best cover corner or atleast as good as Ike was last year. He made alot of big plays for us. This year though he has been getting noticeably beat more and McFadden has been kicking *** for more playing time so now is his chance.

Im really excited about Chris at RG for us. He's big, strong, and nasty, just what we need on the OL.

Blitzburgh55
10-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Cool Mcfadden starting finally

SteelersWoman
10-26-2006, 04:24 AM
I can't wait to see if there'll be noticeable differences long term... There certainly was when our guys played the KC game and Chris K was in there! I can't remember if McFadden started that game or not.

Kinda concerned that Chris will lack the same speed as Simmons though. Wish there wouldn't have to be a trade off--size AND speed would be great!