PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich an ace in the hole...

ejsteeler
01-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Leftwich an ace in the hole for Steelers
Thursday, January 1, 2009
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Ben Roethlisberger missed his second day of practice on Wednesday as the team is taking precautions after he suffered a concussion against the Cleveland Browns.

Roethlisberger is expected to start in the AFC Divisional Playoff game at Heinz Field on January 11, but the Steelers do have an ace in the hole just in case with Byron Leftwich.

“He has been a blessing to us. He really has,” said head coach Mike Tomlin. “That is one of the things you do think about when you look around and you see that guy who has franchise quarterback experience, playoff starting quarterback experience. He has been the guy; those shoes are comfortable to him. He is one of the guys that when something happens you look around and you are going to throw him into the game, he doesn’t have that far away look. He’s a been there, done that guy. “

Leftwich came in against the Browns after Roethlisberger’s injury and immediately led the team on a scoring drive, taking it into the end zone himself on an eight-yard run.

“He loves that opportunity to deliver for this team,” said Tomlin. “I think this team is very comfortable with him when he gets called upon. So it has been a tremendous blessing to have him on our football team and aside from what he does inside the white lines when called upon, he is a very good teammate, very good at practice, and very good in the locker room.”

Leftwich signed with the Steelers during training camp after Charlie Batch suffered a broken shoulder in the preseason. He had a short time to learn the offense, but it didn’t take him long to earn the respect of his teammates who have confidence in him if he is called upon in the post-season.

“He’s done everything we’ve asked him to do,” said wide receiver Hines Ward. “He’s well-liked in the locker room. Guys want to go out there and compete, scratch, claw, do whatever they can to try to go out there and make the game easier for him. But it’s great to have a guy like Byron on our team. He’s been in situations like that. The more and more you get your reps, if his number is called, we have confidence in him getting the job done.”

Just like any competitor Leftwich would like more playing time, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t happy with his role with the Steelers.

“I wouldn’t change anything in the world just to be part of this kind of team,” said Leftwich. “To be a part of these players and their mindset and focus on winning football games. I’m glad to be a part of that.”

Chemistry is an ingredient that gets little attention this time of year as it is assumed to have made it this far. It's good to see it is there all the way through none-the-less.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2009, 12:43 PM
We've been lucky really since the Cowher era was just starting to almost always have good backup QB's that could come in and play when needed. Guys like Tomczak, Batch, Tommy Gun (well sort of..LOL) and now Leftwich. If need be he can come in and move the ball for us and keep the game alive instead of just tanking with an inexperienced rookie QB who hasn't played yet.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Bryon has turned out to be very valuable:tt02:, the only question i have is if Ben starts the game sunday an doesn't do well how long will it take Tomlin to put Byron in:thinking:? tommy gun had one good year that's all :yesnod:,we have had life long back ups starting since Bradshaw left:yesnod:.

Steel Trap86
01-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Bryon has turned out to be very valuable:tt02:, the only question i have is if Ben starts the game sunday an doesn't do well how long will it take Tomlin to put Byron in

Thats what I'm wondering too. Ben CAN'T be turning the ****ing ball over...end of story. I dont want to see any one and done's here, no matter who we face. We are due for a playoff win this year after such a tough season and still managing to make the playoffs as a #2.

Lets do this! :tt02:

$teeler$guy
01-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Time will tell but i really think Ben will start i hope he does but if he doesn't i have faith in Byron

kgreen
01-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah and when we get Batch back we will have 2 reliable back ups to call on. I personally would take Batch over Byron.

yinzer
01-01-2009, 07:49 PM
We've been lucky really since the Cowher era was just starting to almost always have good backup QB's that could come in and play when needed. Guys like Tomczak, Batch, Tommy Gun (well sort of..LOL) and now Leftwich. If need be he can come in and move the ball for us and keep the game alive instead of just tanking with an inexperienced rookie QB who hasn't played yet.

right. except here's a problem... when will the coaches decide to yank ben if he turns into the turnover king?

Steel Trap86
01-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah and when we get Batch back we will have 2 reliable back ups to call on. I personally would take Batch over Byron.

lol no man, Byron is gone after this season. He signed a 1 year deal...and he wants to be a starter wherever he goes, not a back-up.

Scalaid6
01-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Speaking of turnovers. Did you guys see what the Jets were saying about Favre? Specifically Thomas Jones. NOBODY likes turnovers and dont think for one minute the Steelers arent thinking like that too. Byron is a blessing. The overall execution is better when hes in the game and the offense moves better and there hasnt been any turnovers. I know one thing come next week Ben better be in practice, he more than anyone needs to work out the kinks. Last time he didnt practice it showed.

Stlrs4Life
01-01-2009, 08:52 PM

I highly doubt they keep both for $$ reasons.

Steel Trap86
01-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I know one thing come next week Ben better be in practice, he more than anyone needs to work out the kinks. Last time he didnt practice it showed.

Ya Tomlin made it clear earlier in the season, I think it was after the Colts loss, that if Ben doesnt practise, he doesnt play. I think this bye week is really going to help out because he can rest this week, like he is doing, and next week he can practise and prep.

:tt02:

Stairwayto7
01-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Leftwich is an adequate back up! I`m hoping that Ben will be fine, really fine!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2009, 10:54 PM
It doesn't matter who you are in the league as a QB, if you don't practice consistently it shows. Byron takes reps during the week just like Ben does so they both stay as sharp as possible. The team believes in Leftwich and they have a good chemistry with them, it may not be quite as much as Ben but it is good that he has fit in so well since being brought to the team.

Scalaid6
01-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Byron will be a starter somewhere next season is right. He will put all that "hes a backup for a reason" talk to rest.

Stairwayto7
01-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Byron will be a starter somewhere next season is right. He will put all that "hes a backup for a reason" talk to rest.

Not so sure about that! Most teams have a solid starter now, with few exceptions, but this should be a descent year for rookie Qb`s, although they may need time. Leftwich will only start by default, IMO, either for injury, or until a rookie is ready. NYJ, Det, and Chi, will probably be teams that me show some interest!

Scalaid6
01-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Time will tell. I love all these posts :cope:

Stairwayto7
01-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Lets not forget that he was sitting at home, without a team, when we called. And he has not done enough to prove that he is a starter. He has played just less than 4 Qts. We average results. The most he played was the 2 Q against the browns? I`m not sure how much that proves. D.Anderson, Cassel those two will be looked at as starters also.

Let me point out that I am not a BL hater, I was excited when we picked him up after Batch went down, we needed a vet QB. Ben to me is the starter, and a controvery usually is a killer for most teams, and the Qbs

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Lets not forget that he was sitting at home, without a team, when we called. And he has not done enough to prove that he is a starter. He has played just less than 4 Qts. We average results. The most he played was the 2 Q against the browns? I`m not sure how much that proves. D.Anderson, Cassel those two will be looked at as starters also.

Let me point out that I am not a BL hater, I was excited when we picked him up after Batch went down, we needed a vet QB. Ben to me is the starter, and a controvery usually is a killer for most teams, and the Qbs

If Tomlin is smart he will try and lock up Leftwich to a 2-3 yr deal after the season is over. We don't want to be stuck with just Dixon and have to go out and try find another QB in FA as a backup. I suppose they could always get Batch in there for next year but I don't know if they'd want to go that route but it is a safety valve. I don't really know that Leftwich is going to find work as a starter anymore now, most teams are set at QB, well the good ones anyways and the ones that are looking for starters are crappy teams who will probably take a QB in the draft anyways. It is possible though that someone could pick him up and see if he wants to start for awhile till they develop some young talent but I hope not. Cleve is right, he was out of work till we called so it's not like teams were beating down his door for services needed then.

Stairwayto7
01-01-2009, 11:51 PM
If Tomlin is smart he will try and lock up Leftwich to a 2-3 yr deal after the season is over. We don't want to be stuck with just Dixon and have to go out and try find another QB in FA as a backup. I suppose they could always get Batch in there for next year but I don't know if they'd want to go that route but it is a safety valve. I don't really know that Leftwich is going to find work as a starter anymore now, most teams are set at QB, well the good ones anyways and the ones that are looking for starters are crappy teams who will probably take a QB in the draft anyways. It is possible though that someone could pick him up and see if he wants to start for awhile till they develop some young talent but I hope not. Cleve is right, he was out of work till we called so it's not like teams were beating down his door for services needed then.

I ve thought about that also. But if he can start, would he bother signing a deal with us?

Steel Trap86
01-02-2009, 12:38 AM
No, I think Leftwich wants to be a starter. He loves playing for the Steelers, but he knows he wont start here unless Ben breaks both of his arms. Chicago said they are now in the market for a QB and so Kyle Orton will have to work for his job as starter next season. The Bears are a decent team so I wouldnt be surprised if we see Byron trying out with the Bears next season.

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 03:58 AM
So was Byron sitting at home because of his skills or was he sitting at home because of minorities get treated different in regards to the qb position, coaching. You will see the same thing happen to USC qb sanchez. Same thing with Culpepper he had to retire because he couldnt get a job. Your telling me Gus Ferrote, Kerry Collins, Orton, etc are better than Leftwich? Whats our old 3rd team qbs name? Yeah, Brian St.Pierre is still in the league. He hasnt played a game since 04. Your telling me bums like him are better than Leftwich and Culpepper? I think not and Gus Ferrotte? Are your frickin kidding me??

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 02:58 AM ---

He also played 2quarters vs the Skins and 1 quarter vs the Eagles and played well, better than the starter. He is an ex franchise qb who has 14 less wins than Ben does on a worse team Jags/Falcons- something to ponder. If he hasnt proven hes a starter you havent watched his career. I guarantee the Jags players are pissed at Delrio for keeping that bum garrard.

Stairwayto7
01-02-2009, 08:45 AM
So was Byron sitting at home because of his skills or was he sitting at home because of minorities get treated different in regards to the qb position, coaching. You will see the same thing happen to USC qb sanchez. Same thing with Culpepper he had to retire because he couldnt get a job. Your telling me Gus Ferrote, Kerry Collins, Orton, etc are better than Leftwich? Whats our old 3rd team qbs name? Yeah, Brian St.Pierre is still in the league. He hasnt played a game since 04. Your telling me bums like him are better than Leftwich and Culpepper? I think not and Gus Ferrotte? Are your frickin kidding me??

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 02:58 AM ---

He also played 2quarters vs the Skins and 1 quarter vs the Eagles and played well, better than the starter. He is an ex franchise qb who has 14 less wins than Ben does on a worse team Jags/Falcons- something to ponder. If he hasnt proven hes a starter you havent watched his career. I guarantee the Jags players are pissed at Delrio for keeping that bum garrard.

I don`t think race has anything to do about it. I do think that the fact that he would get veteran pay, and the fact that he wants to be a starter has something to do with it. S,Pierre, Ferrote, even Collins were fine being backups. I don`t think that Leftwich was ready for that. Once the Steelers called, he had no other options. Once your agent is shopping you around as a starter, the $$$ goes up. Lets face it Culpepper, is over rated, BL is better than him. Culpepper hasn`t played well since Moss left, he had a huge deep ball, throw it as far as he could and Moss would run under it.
I wasn`t expecting you to turn to the race card, I think thats absurd. I do know that in Jax, he was replaced by a black QB. In Atlanta, he was there to replace a black QB, and in Pittsburgh there were two black QB`s on the team already. .
Sanchez has played exceptional until yesterday, he has played well but not Heisman like, if he comes back another year, and plays anything like he did yesterday, he will have a job in NFL.

Again to correct you, BL has played just under 4 Qtrs. 57 minutes to be exact, the Philly game he had 2:26 left.

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 07:45 AM ---

It`s too bad this turn to race thing! I don`t get it?? If thats what we`re headed, I`m going to put Scalaid6 on my ignore list!

Stairwayto7
01-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Wow, call Rev. Jesse, we've got issues. OK, this is not a racist statement but the majority of black QB's are not pocket passers. The only ones that stand out in my mind are Warren Moon and Doug Williams who were both succesful and pocket passers. I think you can add Leftwitch to the category of pocket passer. Being mobile is one thing, but your "running" QB's traditionally do not do well in the long run. Lefty is very solid in the pocket, makes good decisions and still has a pretty good gun. I'd be disapointed to see him leave next year. When Ben went down Sun. I didn't panick because I have confidence in Lefty, I can't say I've always felt that way about our other back up's. Sign him for another 2 to 3, Ben can be fragil and we'll need that solid 2nd string.

Couldn`t agree more! Do we think Batch will retire?

SteelFanInIL
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Couldn`t agree more! Do we think Batch will retire?

Yes. I can't see keeping him on for another season.

ejsteeler
01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Reverse racism? :scratch: Wouldn't that be fair treatment? :lol:

I was one of the Lefty doubters when he came over. He's since won me over. However, I see him in the same boat next year if he goes for the starter money. He will find himself sitting waiting for a call. If he goes for the baseline money and simply the chance to win the position, he may find a home and win the position. I think then he would get pulled before the year is over. :imho:

Stairwayto7
01-02-2009, 10:54 AM
1. I`m not saying that they are better than BL. Never said that, never will, there not.

2. I`m not sure what went on behind closed doors, with him and his agents, and other teams. Maybe they were asking for too much $$$ because he was a former starter, and they wanted a starting job. Then when late August rolled around and there were no teams interested, the Steelers called, and at that time it was the only team interested. His deal like many others could be all about what him and his agent wanted. We do not know.

3. I know what racism is, but since there is racism amongst all races, we should not call it reverse racism. If I could find a shut down, fast cb, from Iraq, I would hire him. As far as the racism goes, maybe the white corners are looked at last, or maybe the have to prove more. But if your good enough you will play. PSU always has whiet db`s, but most of them don`t make it in the NFL, cause there white? I doubt it, mostly because of the system they were in at PSU. Not a whole lot of man to man there.

4. For the record, I like BL, some of his game needs work, he throws side arm, he long delivery, and he cannon only has one speed.

Stairwayto7
01-02-2009, 10:58 AM
At any position, you must look at their college system. So players with great stats, just don`t make it on the pro level, different game, different system. Look at how many running backs from Penn State, had incredible success, but just stunk it up in the pros. too many to list.

Steelersfan
01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Did I call that or what!.....

http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showpost.php?p=260860&postcount=162

People that keep clinging to the race card are the ones who are ignorant.
Maybe the NBA has a lot of blacks because they are better players.
Maybe there are more white QB's and coaches because they are better than blacks.
Maybe there are more black corners because they are better at the position.
Let's not even bring hockey into it.

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 11:05 AM
At any position, you must look at their college system. So players with great stats, just don`t make it on the pro level, different game, different system. Look at how many running backs from Penn State, had incredible success, but just stunk it up in the pros. too many to list.

Penn State has ALWAYS lacked speed and thats why their rbs dont make it. However, their lbs do. Their best rb made it and had it not been for a knee injury he would have been a all time great- Curt Warner

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Just an FYI this thread is getting cleaned and all posts regarding race are going to be removed because they are unwarranted, off topic, and just plain ridiculous. Keep it on track we are NOT and I repeat 100x not going to get started again with this crap.

I think it's safe to assume that if Byron gets a chance to compete for a Starting job he's going to jet, any QB in the league who's anybody wants to start if they can. I would like to see him stick around though.

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
My question is do you think that any Steelers players are going to Arians/Tomlin and complaining about Bens poor decisions and saying that Byron is running the team better? If this is happening do you think Bouchette would report it? I think the guys at the Gazette are soft but the Tribune would report it. Since it hasnt been reported it propbably hasnt happened. But I would love to get into the NFL films library and listen to the sideline conversations.

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 10:16 AM ---

Did I call that or what!.....

http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showpost.php?p=260860&postcount=162

People that keep clinging to the race card are the ones who are ignorant.
Maybe the NBA has a lot of blacks because they are better players.
Maybe there are more white QB's and coaches because they are better than blacks.
Maybe there are more black corners because they are better at the position.
Let's not even bring hockey into it.

There is some 100% TRUTH in that link (above) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Nobody is going to run to the coach and offensive coordinator and tell them to switch to the backup QB because he played a combined 1 full game maybe and ran the offense well during the stint. That's just ridiculous!

Steelersfan
01-02-2009, 11:24 AM
My question is do you think that any Steelers players are going to Arians/Tomlin and complaining about Bens poor decisions and saying that Byron is running the team better? If this is happening do you think Bouchette would report it? I think the guys at the Gazette are soft but the Tribune would report it. Since it hasnt been reported it propbably hasnt happened. But I would love to get into the NFL films library and listen to the sideline conversations.

I'm not getting into the race issue with you out of respect for TG.

Who's going to complain about Ben? The awesome OL we have? Or how about the great RB's? Or how about the WR's who drop too many passes and find it hard to get open on a consistent basis? You keep trying to blame it all on one player when there are a bunch to share in the blame. Lefty played good when he came in, but to think based on what he has done in less than 60 mins he should be starting or is better than Ben is nuts.

Oh, and if you factor in Lefty being sacked 3 times in 36 att and compare that to Ben's #'s you would have Lefty being sacked about 40 times himself. Ben is even completing a higher % of passes. So much for the OL not being an issue.

Stairwayto7
01-02-2009, 11:32 AM
We were winning two of the games that BL came in, and he did`nt pull out a win in the other. So what has he really done. He has done what a back up is suppose to do. If we didn`t want our 2nd string QB do perform, we would have just left Dixon move up to 2nd when Batch went down. You expect your back up to play descent. Thats what BL has done. Props to him for earning his paycheck.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2009, 12:03 PM
That's what Im talking about right there SF, to sit there and think that anybody in that locker room is going to tell Arians that we need to switch Byron because he played pretty good in a fraction of the time that Ben has played is ludicrous to say the least. Lefty played well there's no doubt, and we're lucky to have him on the roster but the future of this team is Ben and what he's accomplished in close games by pulling out the win so many times for us exceptional.

The thing about Byron that has been a knock on him since he was drafted is his release, it's very slow and methodical hence you get more batted down passes and possible picks. He's done his job for us this year and that's all you can ask for from the guy; he comes in off the bench and plays well and knows what role he serves on this team.

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 03:47 PM
You guys all bit like Jaws. I NEVER said it happened I even said IT PROBABLY didnt but ALL of your answers were as if I said it did happen. Amazing what the subconscious can tell you.

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 02:47 PM ---

That's what Im talking about right there SF, to sit there and think that anybody in that locker room is going to tell Arians that we need to switch Byron because he played pretty good in a fraction of the time that Ben has played is ludicrous to say the least. Lefty played well there's no doubt, and we're lucky to have him on the roster but the future of this team is Ben and what he's accomplished in close games by pulling out the win so many times for us exceptional.

The thing about Byron that has been a knock on him since he was drafted is his release, it's very slow and methodical hence you get more batted down passes and possible picks. He's done his job for us this year and that's all you can ask for from the guy; he comes in off the bench and plays well and knows what role he serves on this team.

Reread my post and tell me what it says. SOME PEOPLE ARE SO PARANOID. So the Jets and Cowboys are the only team that talks about a qb that turns the ball over? OK LOL
I bet the Jags fans said "The future of this team is Byron". Rams fans said "The future of this team is Kurt Warner" I bet the Titans fans said "The future of this team is Vince" I bet the Falcons fans said "The future of this team is Vick". I bet the Texans fans said "The future of this team is David Carr" I bet the Chargers fans said "The future of this team is Ryan Leaf". I bet the Chargers fans said "The future of this team is Drew Brees". And I could go on? You see NOBODY knows the future so anyone who makes absolute statements like that can and will be wrong. The future of this team MIGHT be Byron. Would that be so bad? For some it would.

SteelFanInIL
01-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Do you ever get the feeling that some people just like to argue? No matter what the conversation is about, they will stir s**t just to stir it. I'm so glad I have SA, it beat's the hell outa watching soaps all day.:lol:

Dean Denton
01-02-2009, 03:59 PM
You guys all bit like Jaws. I NEVER said it happened I even said IT PROBABLY didnt but ALL of your answers were as if I said it did happen. Amazing what the subconscious can tell you.

Reread my post and tell me what it says. SOME PEOPLE ARE SO PARANOID. So the Jets and Cowboys are the only team that talks about a qb that turns the ball over? OK LOL
I bet the Jags fans said "The future of this team is Byron". Rams fans said "The future of this team is Kurt Warner" I bet the Titans fans said "The future of this team is Vince" I bet the Falcons fans said "The future of this team is Vick". I bet the Texans fans said "The future of this team is David Carr" I bet the Chargers fans said "The future of this team is Ryan Leaf". I bet the Chargers fans said "The future of this team is Drew Brees". And I could go on? You see NOBODY knows the future so anyone who makes absolute statements like that can and will be wrong. The future of this team MIGHT be Byron. Would that be so bad? For some it would. I guess we dont know if that would be bad because we dont know how he would play. I would hope that we could get someone better then Byron to be the face or future of this team, but we have had worse so I wouldn't bitch if that became the case.

Steelersfan
01-02-2009, 04:27 PM

I bet the Jags fans said "The future of this team is Byron". Rams fans said "The future of this team is Kurt Warner" I bet the Titans fans said "The future of this team is Vince" I bet the Falcons fans said "The future of this team is Vick". I bet the Texans fans said "The future of this team is David Carr" I bet the Chargers fans said "The future of this team is Ryan Leaf". I bet the Chargers fans said "The future of this team is Drew Brees". And I could go on? You see NOBODY knows the future so anyone who makes absolute statements like that can and will be wrong. The future of this team MIGHT be Byron. Would that be so bad? For some it would.

Why don't you go read my post again and tell me where I answered as if it had happened.

You asked a question about players complaining about Ben and I answered with a question of my own. Who on that offense would have any right to complain?

The future of this team MIGHT also be Dixon.

Again, you keep going around in circles and haven't shown anything except Lefty played decent in 3 and a half quarters this year. I can show you where almost any QB that has played this year has had a productive 3 and a half quarter's.
You have no idea how he would have played getting hit all the time. History shows that he would of been hurt at some point and I showed you already that he was on pace for almost as many sacks as Ben.

Saying Lefty runs the team better is an absolute statement and you have nothing to prove it except your opinion, which means little.

Stairwayto7
01-02-2009, 04:31 PM
My biggest issue with BL playing is that either Ben is hurt, or playing terrible. I hope neither happen. BL please keep the bench warm for Ben after he throws the TDs

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Somehow I just knew he was going to try and turn around those statements :rolleyes: Nobody is biting on anything we're just refuting that statement you made as something that would not occur in a Steeler lockerroom period.

Bring on Ben into the playoffs and keep Byron healthy if we need, period.

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Why don't you go read my post again and tell me where I answered as if it had happened.

You asked a question about players complaining about Ben and I answered with a question of my own. Who on that offense would have any right to complain?

The future of this team MIGHT also be Dixon.

Again, you keep going around in circles and haven't shown anything except Lefty played decent in 3 and a half quarters this year. I can show you where almost any QB that has played this year has had a productive 3 and a half quarter's.
You have no idea how he would have played getting hit all the time. History shows that he would of been hurt at some point and I showed you already that he was on pace for almost as many sacks as Ben.

Saying Lefty runs the team better is an absolute statement and you have nothing to prove it except your opinion, which means little.

Look at my comment was I talking to you? Why would I want to anger you? Your my NUMBER ONE stalker lol
If Saying Byron runs the team better is an absoulute statement then so be it. If thats how you process the information then ok. I'm basing my opinion on what I have SEEN. Your basing yours on hypothetical situations (what if, "if", etc) Uh Byron gets sacked 1 every 112 snaps and Ben 1 every 10 (its already been documented) and if you take out that sack vs the skins where Byron FELL (foot stepped on) his pct would be even lower.
I have NOTHING to prove that Byron runs the team better except my opinion? How about this???

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2008/11/4/653431/bench-roethlisberger-for-l

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/steelers/13186

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-accuscorebenvsleftwich111308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/79557-ben-roethlisberger-friend-or-foe-of-the-pittsburgh-steelers

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/77319-byron-leftwich-bests-big-ben

http://community.post-gazette.com/forums/t/3586.aspx

http://steelerstoday.com/?tag=bench-big-ben

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/startbyronleftwich/2008/11/11/Send_Big_Ben_to_the_bench_Its_Byrons_time_now2

http://psamp.blogspot.com/2008/11/dear-mike-tomlin-please-sit-ben.html

http://steelerstoday.com/?p=1132

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/15/hal-thinks-leftwich-gives-steelers-best-chance-to-win-against-ch/
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/04/byron-leftwich-is-a-great-security-blanket/

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 04:08 PM ---

I said "SINCE IT HASNT BEEN REPORTED IT PROBABLY HASNT HAPPENED.
How could I turn around this statement? What does probably hasnt happened mean to you guys?

ejsteeler
01-02-2009, 05:16 PM
:popcorn:

Steelersfan
01-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Look at my comment was I talking to you?

Does this answer the question for you?

If Saying Byron runs the team better is an absoulute statement then so be it. If thats how you process the information then ok. I'm basing my opinion on what I have SEEN. Your basing yours on hypothetical situations (what if, "if", etc) Uh Byron gets sacked 1 every 112 snaps and Ben 1 every 10 (its already been documented) and if you take out that sack vs the skins where Byron FELL (foot stepped on) his pct would be even lower.
I have NOTHING to prove that Byron runs the team better except my opinion? How about this???

Is it not an absolute to you? You claim it is an absolute when someone says Ben is the future so why is it not when you say something?

And I am basing my opinion on what I have SEEN also, but nice try. Lefty has been injury prone his whole career and for you to think he could last behind this OL much less play well for a whole season is insane.

Ben gets sacked 1 in 10 while Lefty gets sacked 1 in 12 behind the very same line this year. Amazing when you look at them behind the same line and knowing Lefty's career I don't think he would even be as good as Ben behind this line for a season much less 2 full seasons.

Again, you have proved nothing with all the links except that there are others that have opinions just like the rest of us. Would you like me to take the time and show links to all the opinions going the other way?

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 06:42 PM

Is it not an absolute to you? You claim it is an absolute when someone says Ben is the future so why is it not when you say something?

And I am basing my opinion on what I have SEEN also, but nice try. Lefty has been injury prone his whole career and for you to think he could last behind this OL much less play well for a whole season is insane.

Ben gets sacked 1 in 10 while Lefty gets sacked 1 in 12 behind the very same line this year. Amazing when you look at them behind the same line and knowing Lefty's career I don't think he would even be as good as Ben behind this line for a season much less 2 full seasons.

Again, you have proved nothing with all the links except that there are others that have opinions just like the rest of us. Would you like me to take the time and show links to all the opinions going the other way?

LOL This giuy is all over the place like a transient :cope:

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 05:42 PM ---

Yes please do show me articles that say Ben has outplayed Byron or that Byron is hurting the team. Dont worry I'll wait. :cope:

JensK
01-02-2009, 06:48 PM
:popcorn: I can't wait till Byron is gone next year, so we wont have this discussion anymore.. But then again, i guees that we would start arguing whether Dixon or even the famous Matt Jones!

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 06:52 PM
:popcorn: I can't wait till Byron is gone next year, so we wont have this discussion anymore.. But then again, i guees that we would start arguing whether Dixon or even the famous Matt Jones!

Byron helps this team. To have a solid backup in the NFL is a plus but at least your honest. Alot of Steeler fans wont admit that having Byron on the team makes them uneasy because he sure does shed some light on the starter.

JensK
01-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Byron helps this team. To have a solid backup in the NFL is a plus but at least your honest. Alot of Steeler fans wont admit that having Byron on the team makes them uneasy because he sure does shed some light on the starter.

Don't get me wrong.. I love having Leftwich on this team, and i think he is a great back-up. I don't think he is, by any means, better than Ben, but the greatest back-up ever. I just hate all the Byron vs. Ben talk that fills up the forum right now, and since i don't think he'll be around next year, so yeah.. Ben is the guy who everyone likes to "hate". He throws games away, and awaken alot of anger in our fragile Steeler minds :P We hate to loose, and we are not that used to it, so when our QB throws the game away we are ready to crusify him. We tend to ignore the fact that he does get the job done most of the time. You cannot have a perfekt QB, not even Tom Brady.

Dean Denton
01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Byron helps this team. To have a solid backup in the NFL is a plus but at least your honest. Alot of Steeler fans wont admit that having Byron on the team makes them uneasy because he sure does shed some light on the starter. If the coaches benched Ben, and went with Byron I could not bitch about it. They are in a better position then I am to say who is going to help the team win. I am a Steeler fan first, then comes the players. I want what we all want, and thats a SB. And if Byron or Dennis can do a better job then Ben, then put them in. I however do not think either one of them can spark the Magis that is Bionic Ben, so I doubt they would make that change unless Ben pulls the same thing he did in Oakland a couple years ago because of getting his bell rung.

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Don't get me wrong.. I love having Leftwich on this team, and i think he is a great back-up. I don't think he is, by any means, better than Ben, but the greatest back-up ever. I just hate all the Byron vs. Ben talk that fills up the forum right now, and since i don't think he'll be around next year, so yeah.. Ben is the guy who everyone likes to "hate". He throws games away, and awaken alot of anger in our fragile Steeler minds :P We hate to loose, and we are not that used to it, so when our QB throws the game away we are ready to crusify him. We tend to ignore the fact that he does get the job done most of the time. You cannot have a perfekt QB, not even Tom Brady.

Hey, If Ben was playing like he did last season would this talk even be an issue? Show me ONE person saying that Batch should get in last season. A little perspective

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 06:05 PM ---

If the coaches benched Ben, and went with Byron I could not bitch about it. They are in a better position then I am to say who is going to help the team win. I am a Steeler fan first, then comes the players. I want what we all want, and thats a SB. And if Byron or Dennis can do a better job then Ben, then put them in. I however do not think either one of them can spark the Magis that is Bionic Ben, so I doubt they would make that change unless Ben pulls the same thing he did in Oakland a couple years ago because of getting his bell rung.

Why cant the guy play bad because he just played bad? Why is there ALWAYS an excuse for his poor play? If Byron comes in and screws up will it be because hes rusty and hasnt played much? NO! If you are deemed healthy enough to play then you are expected to perform.

JensK
01-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey, If Ben was playing like he did last season would this talk even be an issue? Show me ONE person saying that Batch should get in last season. A little perspective

Im sure there were quite a few ppl who were ready to throw pretty heavy objects after Ben in that PO game after the first 4 TO's. Even after the oh so great return.. I know i wasnt so pleased with him, but it doesnt change my mind that he is the better QB. Everyone is having off-days, Ben just needs to be a little more consistand, but i believe that'll come with a better o-line, but we do not agree with that, and i respect that :)

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Im sure there were quite a few ppl who were ready to throw pretty heavy objects after Ben in that PO game after the first 4 TO's. Even after the oh so great return.. I know i wasnt so pleased with him, but it doesnt change my mind that he is the better QB. Everyone is having off-days, Ben just needs to be a little more consistand, but i believe that'll come with a better o-line, but we do not agree with that, and i respect that :)

Nobody could say put in batch after the jags game because it ended the season. The bottom line is, the byron talk stems from Ben playing bad and Byron playing well in his absence. Again, it all starts with Ben

Dean Denton
01-02-2009, 07:15 PM

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 06:05 PM ---

Why cant the guy play bad because he just played bad? Why is there ALWAYS an excuse for his poor play? If Byron comes in and screws up will it be because hes rusty and hasnt played much? NO! If you are deemed healthy enough to play then you are expected to perform.and you know this from years of playing in the NFL. no one makes excuses for anyones poor play because every QB in the league has bad games. What happens is that fans with real knowledge of the game understand what has gone wrong on that given sunday, and are in a better position to look at the whole picture, not just blame one guy on the field. Besides the fact that when it comes to Ben we have all seen him tear shiat up, and we all know what he can do. Byron spent a few years in Jax, and no one saw him do anything but lose his job...

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 07:22 PM
and you know this from years of playing in the NFL. no one makes excuses for anyones poor play because every QB in the league has bad games. What happens is that fans with real knowledge of the game understand what has gone wrong on that given sunday, and are in a better position to look at the whole picture, not just blame one guy on the field. Besides the fact that when it comes to Ben we have all seen him tear shiat up, and we all know what he can do. Byron spent a few years in Jax, and no one saw him do anything but lose his job...

And if Ben continues to play like he has he could lose his. Kurt warner, Montana, Jim Kelly,Warren Moon all have lost their jobs and MORE. You guys say Ben is elite. Then show me Leftwich losing a game for the Jags by throwing 4/5 picks in a game on more than 8 occasions. Show me Brady, Brees and Manning doing that. I agree EVERYONE has a bad game but some people have them OFTEN. If that isnt the case then why are the Steeler Nation so nervous this playoffs? We are frickin 12-4! I recall the Bradshaw era and I was NEVER nervous with that guy. I was with Kordell and I am with Ben

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2009, 07:23 PM
If you are a starting QB you are expected to play to the best of your abilities. Everybody has a bad game now and now then for whatever reason. Who ever said there had to be an excuse for bad play..I sure didn't. There are times however when circumstances are there that will lend themselves to a QB having a bad game such as the weather, QB isn't completely healthy, line doesn't block. or maybe he just has a bad game, it happens. God knows there has been enough reasons this year for a QB to play poorly for us..and don't start in on the Leftwich played well when he was in there because he played for a whole freekin 3 quarters all year.

If Leftwich is in there and he plays bad then he plays bad, the same rules apply to everyone. Since this is a Leftwich thread anyways . if he has to come in then they expect him to perform at a high level and if he doesn't then you just do the best you can. Fortunately for us he has come in and been able to play well for us so far.

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 07:23 PM
And if Ben continues to play like he has he could lose his. Kurt warner, Montana, Jim Kelly,Warren Moon all have lost their jobs and MORE. You guys say Ben is elite. Then show me Leftwich losing a game for the Jags by throwing 4/5 picks in a game on more than 8 occasions. Show me Brady, Brees and Manning doing that. I agree EVERYONE has a bad game but some people have them OFTEN. If that isnt the case then why are the Steeler Nation so nervous this playoffs? We are frickin 12-4! I recall the Bradshaw era and I was NEVER nervous with that guy. I was with Kordell and I am with Ben

23 Turnovers this season and 26 in 06. WOW

Steelersfan
01-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Yes please do show me articles that say Ben has outplayed Byron or that Byron is hurting the team. Dont worry I'll wait.

Once again you can't respond to the whole post. At least this time you actually got part of it. You have proven nothing except you have an opinion and you go from site to site trying find one person to agree with you. Problem is you get banned for not having a clue before you can find a friend.

If you want the links just do a search for your name and you'll see all the people who don't agree with you. I'd do it but I don't feel like wasting anymore time on you.

JensK
01-02-2009, 07:27 PM
23 Turnovers this season and 26 in 06. WOW

12 wins this season, and 11 in 07. WOW.

Dean Denton
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
And if Ben continues to play like he has he could lose his. Kurt warner, Montana, Jim Kelly,Warren Moon all have lost their jobs and MORE. You guys say Ben is elite. Then show me Leftwich losing a game for the Jags by throwing 4/5 picks in a game on more than 8 occasions. Show me Brady, Brees and Manning doing that. I agree EVERYONE has a bad game but some people have them OFTEN. If that isnt the case then why are the Steeler Nation so nervous this playoffs? We are frickin 12-4! I recall the Bradshaw era and I was NEVER nervous with that guy. I was with Kordell and I am with BenLike you said we are 12-4. thats pretty good. And I can tell you Steeler Nation is not worried about Ben unless he is hurt. And that would be true of any player from Montana to Barry sanders. Steeler nation is more concerned with the lack of run game, pass protection, and play calling. I know I speak for most when I say that Ben is the light that can guide this Offense out of the dark place it is in. If Byron had that, 1. They would start him. 2. He would not have been sitting on his couch waiting for us to call him during Pre-season. He would have had a team by then. So not to many people see what you see in him. Maybe you should be his agent.

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Once again you can't respond to the whole post. At least this time you actually got part of it. You have proven nothing except you have an opinion and you go from site to site trying find one person to agree with you. Problem is you get banned for not having a clue before you can find a friend.

If you want the links just do a search for your name and you'll see all the people who don't agree with you. I'd do it but I don't feel like wasting anymore time on you.

LOL
What hes trying to says is that he CANT find such articles. I was banned because moderators were like YOU who cant refute what I say so they powertrip and ban me. I have my own Steeler site and so getting banned has no effect on me sir. Am I looking for people to agree with me? The popular opinion is not always the right one, please rememeber that. Dont get mad at me because you called me out and I PRODUCED and I called you out and you COULD NOT.:cope:

--- Added 1/2/2009 at 06:35 PM ---

Like you said we are 12-4. thats pretty good. And I can tell you Steeler Nation is not worried about Ben unless he is hurt. And that would be true of any player from Montana to Barry sanders. Steeler nation is more concerned with the lack of run game, pass protection, and play calling. I know I speak for most when I say that Ben is the light that can guide this Offense out of the dark place it is in. If Byron had that, 1. They would start him. 2. He would not have been sitting on his couch waiting for us to call him during Pre-season. He would have had a team by then. So not to many people see what you see in him. Maybe you should be his agent.

Again, the excuse. If he is hurt then why is he playing? If he was hurt why didnt anyone say he was hurt after the 92 yard drive? (Ravens) If he was hurt how come he hasnt gotten treatment since Colts game (Ed bouchette) It seems he is hurt ONLY when he messes up, how convenient. Again, If you think all Thigpen, Croyle, Ovalsky, Ferrotte,Losman, Edwards, Tavaaris etc are better than Leftwich thats your opinion but I do not. How Garrard doing these days?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Keep on track here folks!!!!!

Steelersfan
01-02-2009, 07:59 PM
LOL
What hes trying to says is that he CANT find such articles. I was banned because moderators were like YOU who cant refute what I say so they powertrip and ban me. I have my own Steeler site and so getting banned has no effect on me sir. Am I looking for people to agree with me? The popular opinion is not always the right one, please rememeber that. Dont get mad at me because you called me out and I PRODUCED and I called you out and you COULD NOT.:cope:

People have refuted what you "claim" to produce. You just happen to ignore any posts that call you on it. You just keep living in your own little dream world.....:yellowthumb:

Popular opinion? By that I'm guessing you mean all the posts out there that you claim I can't find?.........:thinking:

And I'm not mad. I just hate wasting my time......:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Like you said we are 12-4. thats pretty good. And I can tell you Steeler Nation is not worried about Ben unless he is hurt. And that would be true of any player from Montana to Barry sanders. Steeler nation is more concerned with the lack of run game, pass protection, and play calling. I know I speak for most when I say that Ben is the light that can guide this Offense out of the dark place it is in. If Byron had that, 1. They would start him. 2. He would not have been sitting on his couch waiting for us to call him during Pre-season. He would have had a team by then. So not to many people see what you see in him. Maybe you should be his agent.

That's about the size of it right there, THANK YOU! The Steeler Nation knows what Ben can do, he's proved it time and time again. When he's got protection or a running game or both he's as on the mark as there is in the NFL. When he's doing it all himself that's when he can be forced into mistakes, it happens to all QB's I don't care who they are. It just comes with age, experience, maturity in the league, whatever you want to call it. If Ben is healthy, he's the man and I guarantee you this much if both Ben & Byron were free agents tomorrow who do you think would be getting all the calls from teams? Certainly not the backup.

AZ_Steeler
01-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I have my own Steeler site and so getting banned has no effect on me sir.
What is the name of your site?

BlackGold4vr
01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
What is the name of your site?

Smart moneys on "The Assbag" :lol:

popstaala
01-03-2009, 12:17 AM
this has been goin for a while... why cant we all get along and cheer for whoever the freaking QB throwing the football... if its Ben... go ben...... Left... go lefty

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
this has been goin for a while... why cant we all get along and cheer for whoever the freaking QB throwing the football... if its Ben... go ben...... Left... go lefty

Couldn't have said it better myself. Beating topics like this death just just drives everybody crazy. In the end all that matters is that Ben is the QB, Byron is the backup. If Ben gets hurt Byron will step in and most likely play well. End of story.

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 02:44 AM
That's about the size of it right there, THANK YOU! The Steeler Nation knows what Ben can do, he's proved it time and time again. When he's got protection or a running game or both he's as on the mark as there is in the NFL. When he's doing it all himself that's when he can be forced into mistakes, it happens to all QB's I don't care who they are. It just comes with age, experience, maturity in the league, whatever you want to call it. If Ben is healthy, he's the man and I guarantee you this much if both Ben & Byron were free agents tomorrow who do you think would be getting all the calls from teams? Certainly not the backup.

What you explained are IDEAL situations. I guarantee if you give Thigpen those Ideal situation he can hurt you to. Great qbs are measured by what they do UNDER DURRESS. ALL NFL qbs can find the open man with TIME and a running game. The word is out about Ben (Thanks Whisenhunt) hes losing stock with every game. Byron has his flaws, I dont paint him as the ideal qb. NO SIR! But he is what this team needs a GAME MANAGER. A person to move the chains and not give the other team EXTRA opportunities. This team is 12-4 and shoulda been 16-0 if you think different then your expectations are lower than mine

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 01:41 AM ---

Smart moneys on "The Assbag" :lol:

Thought you had me on ignore???:cope:

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 01:44 AM ---

Thats what I have been saying. If Ben is in do you think I WANT him to screw up? PLEASE. When Byron is in I root the same. I told you I was a Steeler fan long before EITHER of them were Steelers. I"m a Steeler fan and by the some of the comments directed at Byron you would think he was on the Ravens not the Steelers.

ejsteeler
01-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Still waiting for the name of your site scalaid. I would love to check out the intelligent conversation that goes on over there....:ply:

SteelerSteve
01-03-2009, 01:32 PM
:popcorn: I can't wait till Byron is gone next year, so we wont have this discussion anymore.. But then again, i guees that we would start arguing whether Dixon or even the famous Matt Jones! Thats what I like to hear! MattMuthafukinJones should be the future of the Steelers lol

TEEMONT
01-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I think it's so funny that the same people who bust my balls for being a FWP homer, are the ones riding Bens dick into the ground.

The team, this year, has looked a lot better with a Qb who gets rid of the ball, and with some ****ing velocity. Ben has looked like *** all year. When Leftwich had his shots, he looked very solid. Can one person here dispute that? I don't think anyone here can.

It's so funny to see SF get pissed when someone talks **** on his favorite player, whether he wants to admit he's pissed or not. Talk **** on Ben, and your Steeler fandom gets called out in a hurry Scaliad, trust me, I was one of his biggest bashers.

Ben has had ONE good season in the NFL, that showed he deserved $100 dollars. Just one. Does the line need fixed, yes. Will the line being fixed help Ben, yes. But when you get paid $100 million dollars I don't give a **** if you have 5 old ladies protecting you, you better not lose ****ing games for yout team.

The line is the first to blame, but Ben is a close second. Everyone here has been talking **** on Willie all year b/c he has "peaked", is a "one-trick pony". Well Ben is showing that he is the same thing. He has too much ****ing ego to jsut throw the ball away.

Suck him off all you want for that drive in Baltimore, but that game should have been out of reach by then. He is playing at the same level at a ****ing rookie in Flacco.

Ben is 24th in the league in rating (isn't that usually the stat everyone here loves to quote for him?). Don't ven get me started on the QB's in front of him in that stat. He needs to pull his head out of his ***, and realize he needs his team as much as they need him. The way this team is build right now, the much better option is wearing #4, and riding the pine.

Open your eyes and realize Ben is draggin this team down, instead of attacking someone with a new idea like most of you always do.

JensK
01-03-2009, 03:39 PM
There is a difference between attacking one, and not agreeing with one :) And yes, ben is not having a record year, but i really do not think you can compare a QB who have been playing 2 quaters against one who have been playing 15 games. Im not saying Leftwich sucks, he is the best backup in the league, but id still go with ben over him any day.

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Still waiting for the name of your site scalaid. I would love to check out the intelligent conversation that goes on over there....:ply:

Oh you know it. You just didnt know it was my site. (smile)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2009, 04:27 PM
There is a difference between attacking one, and not agreeing with one :) And yes, ben is not having a record year, but i really do not think you can compare a QB who have been playing 2 quaters against one who have been playing 15 games. Im not saying Leftwich sucks, he is the best backup in the league, but id still go with ben over him any day.

Nice post and I agree..........I even called for Ben to be benched in one game this year......But still there is noway you can compare Big Ben to Leftwich this year......Byron only had 36 pass attempts and the limited snaps he played this year isn't enough evidence to say the entire offense would be better with Leftwich starting most of the season......

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I think it's so funny that the same people who bust my balls for being a FWP homer, are the ones riding Bens dick into the ground.

The team, this year, has looked a lot better with a Qb who gets rid of the ball, and with some ****ing velocity. Ben has looked like *** all year. When Leftwich had his shots, he looked very solid. Can one person here dispute that? I don't think anyone here can.

It's so funny to see SF get pissed when someone talks **** on his favorite player, whether he wants to admit he's pissed or not. Talk **** on Ben, and your Steeler fandom gets called out in a hurry Scaliad, trust me, I was one of his biggest bashers.

Ben has had ONE good season in the NFL, that showed he deserved $100 dollars. Just one. Does the line need fixed, yes. Will the line being fixed help Ben, yes. But when you get paid $100 million dollars I don't give a **** if you have 5 old ladies protecting you, you better not lose ****ing games for yout team.

The line is the first to blame, but Ben is a close second. Everyone here has been talking **** on Willie all year b/c he has "peaked", is a "one-trick pony". Well Ben is showing that he is the same thing. He has too much ****ing ego to jsut throw the ball away.

Suck him off all you want for that drive in Baltimore, but that game should have been out of reach by then. He is playing at the same level at a ****ing rookie in Flacco.

Ben is 24th in the league in rating (isn't that usually the stat everyone here loves to quote for him?). Don't ven get me started on the QB's in front of him in that stat. He needs to pull his head out of his ***, and realize he needs his team as much as they need him. The way this team is build right now, the much better option is wearing #4, and riding the pine.

Open your eyes and realize Ben is draggin this team down, instead of attacking someone with a new idea like most of you always do.

DING DING DING DING DING. Nothing wrong with telling the truth brother. I see your in Spokane. Im down the road in CouerDlane! He said it much better than me and I agree with this post 100%:plus1:

Steelersfan
01-03-2009, 04:29 PM

Ahh, was everyone picking on you for sucking Parkers dick? Poor baby. Maybe some of us never liked the idea of him being the main back from the start and it had nothing to do with this year so get over it. And if I have called anyone less of a fan for anything please show me where.

Thanks for letting me know who my favorite player is though. I never knew Ben was, but now I know thanks to you. I just like the players that give the team the best chance to win now.

And as far as you and salad dressing sir dude, why don't you kiss my ***. You like to talk tough and run your mouth T and he just likes to dodge anything anyone throws at him that he can't answer. You are both a waste of time.

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 04:30 PM

Byron has played FOUR GOOD quarters. When has our starter played FOUR good quarters this season?

Stairwayto7
01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I cannot argue that Ben has played poorly at times. I bitch during the games. But I do think that its a combination of a poor line, over rated receiving corp. lack of a ruuning game, and Bens poor play. I`m just arguing that it isn`t all Ben. And that BL has only played limited amount of snaps, not nearly enough to earn him the job over Ben.
I hope that I`m right about Ben, and that there are better days ahead. He does get the job done, he wins games. We only lost four games, all against good teams. Nobody expected 12 wins, nobody. If a year from now, we are still having this debate, I will be ready to question our QB. I hope the staff, top to bottom gets the righthelp needed.
Oh yeah and Arians still sucks

Steelersfan
01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Nice post and I agree..........I even called for Ben to be benched in one game this year......But still there is noway you can compare Big Ben to Leftwich this year......Byron only had 36 pass attempts and the limited snaps he played this year isn't enough evidence to say the entire offense would be better with Leftwich starting most of the season......

Stop attacking them 32 before T gets upset again. Ya, I know. Didn't know disagreeing was attacking but I guess it just hurts some peoples feelings.

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Ahh, was everyone picking on you for sucking Parkers dick? Poor baby. Maybe some of us never liked the idea of him being the main back from the start and it had nothing to do with this year so get over it. And if I have called anyone less of a fan for anything please show me where.

Thanks for letting me know who my favorite player is though. I never knew Ben was, but now I know thanks to you. I just like the players that give the team the best chance to win now.

And as far as you and salad dressing sir dude, why don't you kiss my ***. You like to talk tough and run your mouth T and he just likes to dodge anything anyone throws at him that he can't answer. You are both a waste of time.

Notice he didnt address the VALID points of the post? All he did was sling collateral attacks. He who does not know, hands are empty of all proof.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 03:35 PM ---

I cannot argue that Ben has played poorly at times. I bitch during the games. But I do think that its a combination of a poor line, over rated receiving corp. lack of a ruuning game, and Bens poor play. I`m just arguing that it isn`t all Ben. And that BL has only played limited amount of snaps, not nearly enough to earn him the job over Ben.
I hope that I`m right about Ben, and that there are better days ahead. He does get the job done, he wins games. We only lost four games, all against good teams. Nobody expected 12 wins, nobody. If a year from now, we are still having this debate, I will be ready to question our QB. I hope the staff, top to bottom gets the righthelp needed.
Oh yeah and Arians still sucks

How come all the above excuses have been non existent when Leftwich is in the game? Why cant anyone answer that?

Stairwayto7
01-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Byron has played FOUR GOOD quarters. When has our starter played FOUR good quarters this season?

Not to water it down.

4 quarters - 2 against the browns - 2:26 against Philly, and 1.5 against Wash. Would you really pull the QB of a 12-4 team based on that?

Steelersfan
01-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Notice he didnt address the VALID points of the post? All he did was sling collateral attacks. He who does not know, hands are empty of all proof.

How come all the above excuses have been non existent when Leftwich is in the game? Why cant anyone answer that?

Reminds one of most of your posts doesn't it.

Stairwayto7
01-03-2009, 04:41 PM

Leftwich has had the same amount of time to throw as many picks. 2:26 against the Eagles. and less than 2 Qt against Redskins, a game that Ben was winning anway. He didn`t play the ratbirds twice.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 03:41 PM ---

Scalaid, I know your smarter than that. 4 Qts vs. 60 qrts, apples and oranges! You have to admit that!

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 04:48 PM

Ok fair enough but when do you find out? When your down 28-6 in the 4th in the Divisional round? Under Ben this offense has underachieved ALL SEASON. When Byron is in there there is a clear difference. If you want to win dont you want the guy who runs the offense better? Whisenhunt (If our coach) would have benched Ben like he did the other franchise qb (Leinart). Honestly. since Ben got that contract he doesnt want to practice, his performance has not lived up to said contract and he has regressed as a qb. For example, he DIDNT want to play vs the Browns and he said so. So what does he do? He lays on the Heinz turf for damn near 25 minutes and scares the hell out of the Steeler Nation WITH A SLIGHT CONCUSSION! Please look at that game again and look when "Little evil" made a tackle head on and he lay on the ground limp. You could tell he was briefly knocked out. He plays DEFENSE, he came back in the game with a CONCUSSION and got 2 picks. Then the dramatic thumbs up to the fans. COME ON! That sign is reserved for guys who risk paralysis not SLIGHT CONCUSSIONS. He does the same thing on the field with lathargic play until the 4th. Look at both Bengals games and many others, the games are close until MR MILLION DOLLAR man decides he wants to play and then we ALL OF A SUDDEN blow the bengals out like we should in the beginning. He did the same thing in the 2nd half of the Jags game (last years playoffs). Its CLEAR, Ben plays up to his ability when he wants to and its hurting the team.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 03:47 PM ---

Not to water it down.

4 quarters - 2 against the browns - 2:26 against Philly, and 1.5 against Wash. Would you really pull the QB of a 12-4 team based on that?

He STARTED the second half vs the Skins sir. Now AGAIN. When has the starter played FOUR good quarters this season. And YES I would have pulled Ben to show him he needs to play consistently to be my starter. Hes a bit arrogant these days.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 03:48 PM ---

Reminds one of most of your posts doesn't it.

Substanitiate that statement like I substantiated yours sir.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Ok fair enough but when do you find out? When your down 28-6 in the 4th in the Divisional round? Under Ben this offense has underachieved ALL SEASON. When Byron is in there there is a clear difference. If you want to win dont you want the guy who runs the offense better? Whisenhunt (If our coach) would have benched Ben like he did the other franchise qb (Leinart). Honestly. since Ben got that contract he doesnt want to practice, his performance has not lived up to said contract and he has regressed as a qb. For example, he DIDNT want to play vs the Browns and he said so. So what does he do? He lays on the Heinz turf for damn near 25 minutes and scares the hell out of the Steeler Nation WITH A SLIGHT CONCUSSION! Please look at that game again and look when "Little evil" made a tackle head on and he lay on the ground limp. You could tell he was briefly knocked out. He plays DEFENSE, he came back in the game with a CONCUSSION and got 2 picks. Then the dramatic thumbs up to the fans. COME ON! That sign is reserved for guys who risk paralysis not SLIGHT CONCUSSIONS. He does the same thing on the field with lathargic play until the 4th. Look at both Bengals games and many others, the games are close until MR MILLION DOLLAR man decides he wants to play and then we ALL OF A SUDDEN blow the bengals out like we should in the beginning. He did the same thing in the 2nd half of the Jags game (last years playoffs). Its CLEAR, Ben plays up to his ability when he wants to and its hurting the team.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 03:47 PM ---

He STARTED the second half vs the Skins sir. Now AGAIN. When has the starter played FOUR good quarters this season. And YES I would have pulled Ben to show him he needs to play consistently to be my starter. Hes a bit arrogant these days.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 03:48 PM ---

Hey dumbass I have knocked Ben this year but I just disagree with the offense being better with Leftwich in there......Sorry 36 pass attempts and the limited snaps Leftwich played in there is not enough evidence for me.......

Its funny you keep knocking Ben....But give free passes to the offensive line, Willie Parker and the WR's this year.....Yes even the WR's have let down Ben at times this year with drops (including Hines Ward).....In my opinion Bruce Arians, Big Ben, the RBs, the OL and the WR's are all to blame for the offense inconsistent play this year....Football is a team game remember.........

You keep posting the same garbage over and over which is getting old......We know you hate Ben and you want Byron Leftwich to start.....

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Leftwich has had the same amount of time to throw as many picks. 2:26 against the Eagles. and less than 2 Qt against Redskins, a game that Ben was winning anway. He didn`t play the ratbirds twice.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 03:41 PM ---

Scalaid, I know your smarter than that. 4 Qts vs. 60 qrts, apples and oranges! You have to admit that!

So take those 60 quarters and find me FOUR that were solid, thats all I ask. The Steelers offense was doing NOTHING in that skins game (Ben had a pick) and we were down 3-6 UNTIL a blocked punt, thats how we got the lead. Ben hits Hines on the 1 and then runs it in. ENTER BYRON and the offense is now CLICKING like a seatbelt. How do you explain that? You need visual proof? Here ya go

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c359cd

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 04:03 PM ---

Hey dumbass I have knocked Ben this year but I just disagree with the offense being better with Leftwich in there......Sorry 36 pass attempts and the limited snaps Leftwich played in there is not enough evidence for me.......

Its funny you keep knocking Ben....But give free passes to the offensive line, Willie Parker and the WR's this year.....Yes even the WR's have let down Ben at times this year with drops (including Hines Ward).....In my opinion Bruce Arians, Big Ben, the RBs, the OL and the WR's are all to blame for the offense inconsistent play this year....Football is a team game remember.........

You keep posting the same garbage over and over which is getting old......We know you hate Ben and you want Byron Leftwich to start.....

More names (sigh) Im not KNOCKING Ben, I'm telling the truth. AGAIN, If I have told ONE lie on Ben please be the 1st to post it. I have offered this challenge for a week now and not ONE person has came forward with ONE lie. So I assume I am telling the truth about the man. Drops dont give the OTHER TEAM extra chances and a short field. Sorry not nearly the same. You equate a drop with a turnover? How many points do the opposition get from a drop? Yes its stops a potential drive but is that worse than the pick 6 to Rashean Mathis (jags)? Tell the truth and shame the devil.
How come when Byron is in the rbs, the OL, the wrs are looking like new money? The only component replaced is the qb, so you tell me whats the problem?

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 04:05 PM ---

I will post what I want. If you dont like reading it then ignore me. One thing I DONT do is call posters names like a little kid. I dont hate Ben, I hate how he CHEATS my team with his lathargic play because when he does that it hurts the Steelers (see all 4 losses). Again, I love the Steelers I only like Ben. Some of you guys have it reversed.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2009, 05:11 PM
So take those 60 quarters and find me FOUR that were solid, thats all I ask. The Steelers offense was doing NOTHING in that skins game (Ben had a pick) and we were down 3-6 UNTIL a blocked punt, thats how we got the lead. Ben hits Hines on the 1 and then runs it in. ENTER BYRON and the offense is now CLICKING like a seatbelt. How do you explain that? You need visual proof? Here ya go

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 04:03 PM ---

More names (sigh) Im not KNOCKING Ben, I'm telling the truth. AGAIN, If I have told ONE lie on Ben please be the 1st to post it. I have offered this challenge for a week now and not ONE person has came forward with ONE lie. So I assume I am telling the truth about the man. Drops dont give the OTHER TEAM extra chances and a short field. Sorry not nearly the same. You equate a drop with a turnover? How many points do the opposition get from a drop? Yes its stops a potential drive but is that worse than the pick 6 to Rashean Mathis (jags)? Tell the truth and shame the devil.
How come when Byron is in the rbs, the OL, the wrs are looking like new money? The only component replaced is the qb, so you tell me whats the problem?

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 04:05 PM ---

I will post what I want. If you dont like reading it then ignore me. One thing I DONT do is call posters names like a little kid. I dont hate Ben, I hate how he CHEATS my team with his lathargic play because when he does that it hurts the Steelers (see all 4 losses). Again, I love the Steelers I only like Ben. Some of you guys have it reversed.

Jesus Christ you must be the dumbest person alive....Shut the **** up about Leftwich and his limited ****ing playing time making the entire offense better....lol Sorry 36 passing attempts and the few snaps he played isn't enough evidence to convince me and most fans....

As for the name calling....Well I see the same trash posted over and over then its annoying and I hate that ****.......Really could careless about what the **** you think anyway....Just stop ruining this site......We don't need asshats like you....

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Jesus Christ you must be the dumbest person alive....Shut the **** up about Leftwich and his limited ****ing playing time making the entire offense better....lol Sorry 36 passing attempts and the few snaps he played isn't enough evidence to convince me and most fans....

As for the name calling....Well I see the same trash posted over and over then its annoying and I hate that ****.......Really could careless about what the **** you think anyway....Just stop ruining this site......We don't need asshats like you....

I see your same stuff posted over and over as well. It looks like this @#!$@#$@
It doesnt annoy me I refute it. So what your telling me is that Byron hasnt played long enough yet (4qtrs) and Ben has BUT YET you cant find me FOUR qtrs of solid play from the starter. Thanks, you've told me all I need to know!
Now, I'm ruining the site? I think disrespectful people that dont know how to engage in dialogue are ruining the site. You wouldnt understand because the bulk of your dialogue is @##$%$##@!$

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 04:21 PM ---

Have to step out............

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-03-2009, 05:28 PM
[
Substanitiate that statement like I substantiated yours sir.[/QUOTE]

Ben 14 attempts 13 comp 137 yds 2 scks/15 yds 2TDs O int 147 passer rating
This is from the Texan game, do you need more...

there are 4 good quarters. now will you please move onto another subject or are you a 1 trick pony?

You keep saying that Lefty processes the info better and gets rid of the ball sooner substantiate that please.... you can not possibly prove that he processes info faster than anyone.

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 05:36 PM
[

there are 4 good quarters. now will you please move onto another subject or are you a 1 trick pony?[/QUOTE]

Who were these stats against? When? Ben is the starter and my premise was he plays lathargica and turns it on when he wants to. Then I said show me 4quarters that he has played solid (i.e- one game). In your DESPERATE attempt you have selected the Texans game. My question said 4 QUARTERS. Didnt Byron play in the 4th qtr of the Texans game? Nice try but I watch every game. And for those of you that down Byrons stats (vs the lowly Browns) and then turn around and use the Texans stats to boast of Bens credentials are too funny. lol:cope:
I guess Im a one trick pony. However, there are several other threads that you can choose from if you dont like this one.

Stairwayto7
01-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Your right there are more threads with more sense.

BL is a very good backup, 4 Qts proves nothing! If he were the next coming of Montana, this wouldn`t be his third team in three years. Oh but the entire NFL is probably wrong also. Oh, and your the only one that watches all the games. Dude you made your points, all not to solid, considering BL had two siolid Qtrs against a descent opponent. If we were 8-8, I would probably agree with you. Bradshaw was King of Pittsburgh and was a worse regular season QB.

For the Record, I want Ben as our starter. You are entitled to your opinion, thats why I vote to not have you ban. Thats what this site is about. if we all agreed, these threads would be short!

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 04:48 PM ---

B. Roethlisberger 31/41 308 0 0

These were Bens stats against SD, no TD, but you said solid, not great. And we were stuffed on the run a few times

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't want anybody banned and really don't mind other opinions....But when its the same stupid **** over and over then it gets old.....I'm sorry but the whole Leftwich over Ben debate has been beaten to death......Which some of the debate even started before Scalaid6 joined.......Now if Byron would have started half of the season I would be more willing to buy into it that theory but the limited snaps Byron did play isn't enough evidence for me.....

As for Scalaid6.....He just blames Ben for the problems on offense this year......But won't find any fault in Bruce Arians play calling, the offensive line, the RBs and WR's..........Its just Ben and Ben's fault alone....lol Which causes me to believe he is just trying to start **** with the same post over and over again......Its like a broken record.....

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 06:02 PM
[

This is from the Texan game, do you need more...

there are 4 good quarters. now will you please move onto another subject or are you a 1 trick pony?

You keep saying that Lefty processes the info better and gets rid of the ball sooner substantiate that please.... you can not possibly prove that he processes info faster than anyone.[/QUOTE]

Ok I will. He takes less sacks than Ben behind the SAME line and running the SAME plays. Did the Eagles blitz bother him like it did Ben? Did the Skins? Did the Browns? Shall we chronicle their whole careers and see who is known to have a high volume of sacks and who is not?

Skins-Byron sacked twice (one was when hartwig stepped on his foot and he fell and was touched and ruled down)
Ben sacked 3 times *Note Ben passed 7 more times than Leftwich which would explain the higher sacks) However, in passing 7 more times than Leftwich, Byron threw for 129 yards and 1 td, while Ben threw for 50 yards and 1int.

Browns- http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29779&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2008&week=REG17

On the play Ben gets hurt (at :25 mark) This injury would not have occurred had he IMMEDIATELY thrown the ball to Heath who is wide open over the middle. Ben holds the ball too long as a result he takes the unneccesary hits that get him hurt.
Byrons UGLY Td. Notice he aviods the rush by STEPPING FORWARD not to the side? This allows the lineman to stay in front of their man. He steps up in the pocket and recognizes there is room to run. Ben did the same vs Titans but fumbled on the 2.
Bens pick in the 1st half was due again to processing the information too slow. Again, Heath is open Ben throws it too late and the db breaks on the ball and picks it.

Byron in the 3rd had a 3rd and 7. He spotted Santonio get inside release on the Corner and hit him with a strick on the hands. Led him so that it was impossible for the corner to make a play on the ball (1st down). The same route occured in the Colts game right before halftime. Holmes had inside release and Ben threw the ball late and the corner jumped it and picked the ball (1:43 mark of the video) Same route only difference is Byron recognized to throw it right when holmes got inside position and FIRED it. Ben waits too long to throw the ball and the corner picks it. I have given threw accounts of how Ben processes the info too slow and how Byron does not. If you need more substantiation just say the word sir.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c5cd5d

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2009, 06:02 PM
I see your same stuff posted over and over as well. It looks like this @#!$@#$@
It doesnt annoy me I refute it. So what your telling me is that Byron hasnt played long enough yet (4qtrs) and Ben has BUT YET you cant find me FOUR qtrs of solid play from the starter. Thanks, you've told me all I need to know!
Now, I'm ruining the site? I think disrespectful people that dont know how to engage in dialogue are ruining the site. You wouldnt understand because the bulk of your dialogue is @##$%$##@!$

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 04:21 PM ---

Have to step out............

2 quarters against the Redskins and 2 quarters against the Browns is your evidence for Byron.....lol You're just laughable and that is all I need to know.......I understand plenty jackass.....I just don't respect anything you have to say or think so that is why you get the reponse from me that you do....You're just **** starter that says the samething over and over but try to hide with posting within the rules....I respect the Browns fans on this site more then you....At least they're not pussies and try to hide........

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 06:06 PM
2 quarters against the Redskins and 2 quarters against the Browns is your evidence for Byron.....lol You're just laughable and that is all I need to know.......I understand plenty jackass.....I just don't respect anything you have to say or think so that is why you get the reponse from me that you do....You're just **** starter that says the samething over and over but try to hide with posting within the rules....I respect the Browns fans on this site more then you....At least they're not pussies and try to hide........

If you really think my persoanl existence is dependant on a blogger respecting me then you are mistaken sir. Mind you Ben played vs the Skins just like Byron and WHO PLAYED BETTER?. Ben played against the Browns too and who played better? Thats my point sir.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Alright guys this is so damn stupid and quite honestly I've had enough of this. This is the 3rd or 4th ben vs Byron thread we've had and it's the same dumb stuff over and over.

This is the end all be all...who really gives a flying rats *** who is better right now! Byron is the backup period! Ben is the starter, period. Ben will play if he's healthy and Byron will come in if necessary. This whole freekin discussion is ridiculous when you have 100's of posts about it and you get no further because some people don't know how to either stay on topic and/or actually read the whole post without just casting blame and trying to **** people off.

BlitzburghNation
01-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Someone needs a Timeout or an :moon::spank: :chair:

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't want anybody banned and really don't mind other opinions....But when its the same stupid **** over and over then it gets old.....I'm sorry but the whole Leftwich over Ben debate has been beaten to death......Which some of the debate even started before Scalaid6 joined.......Now if Byron would have started half of the season I would be more willing to buy into it that theory but the limited snaps Byron did play isn't enough evidence for me.....

As for Scalaid6.....He just blames Ben for the problems on offense this year......But won't find any fault in Bruce Arians play calling, the offensive line, the RBs and WR's..........Its just Ben and Ben's fault alone....lol Which causes me to believe he is just trying to start **** with the same post over and over again......Its like a broken record.....

If Ben gets the CREDIT when the offense has success. Why is it wrong to blame him when it doesnt have success? Please explain this double standard. When Ben led that GREAT 92 yard drive vs the Ravens WHO got the credit? Did Arians? Did the line? NO! It was ONE person-Ben and rightfully so. So when he has 5 turnovers vs the Eagles, 4 vs the Giants, 3 vs The colts and 4 vs the Titans and we lose those games, then HE should get the blame. Whats wrong with that? How come the Line, Arians and the wrs have to share in the blame but not in the glory? Explain that?
Lastly, when Ben is out of the game. How does that line play? How is that playcalling? How do the wrs play? Everything is like a well oiled machine. Again, if I have lied on Ben please point it out.
And what would I be banned for? For substantiating what I say over and over? Shame on you Scalaid!!
I really have to go guys. ~Later

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Im not going to close this thread yet but when I come back on if there is more of the same BS it's getting closed. Just agree to disagree on this here because nobody is going to win this. If you like byron, then like Byron. If you like Ben then like Ben but as we've said a 100 zillion times in the last week here judging a backup on 3 quarters of play vs a starter who has played 16 games is just moronic.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2009, 06:17 PM
If Ben gets the CREDIT when the offense has success. Why is it wrong to blame him when it doesnt have success? Please explain this double standard. When Ben led that GREAT 92 yard drive vs the Ravens WHO got the credit? Did Arians? Did the line? NO! It was ONE person-Ben and rightfully so. So when he has 5 turnovers vs the Eagles, 4 vs the Giants, 3 vs The colts and 4 vs the Titans and we lose those games, then HE should get the blame. Whats wrong with that? How come the Line, Arians and the wrs have to share in the blame but not in the glory? Explain that?
Lastly, when Ben is out of the game. How does that line play? How is that playcalling? How do the wrs play? Everything is like a well oiled machine. Again, if I have lied on Ben please point it out.
And what would I be banned for? For substantiating what I say over and over? Shame on you Scalaid!!
I really have to go guys. ~Later

Again for the 300th time.....I find fault in Ben, Bruce Arians, the offensive line, the RB's and WR's.....The whole offense is to blame........Football is a team sport and that is my point which you continue to look past that fact and just want to cast the blame all on Ben.....I never stated Ben had a good season and s houldn't be held accountable.....All I'm saying he isn't the whole reason why the offense was inconsistent this year......Plus I didn't see enough of Byron Leftwich this year to say he should be the starter......Now if Leftwich would have started half of the year then you would have more ground to stand on......Then I would be more willing to buy into Byron Leftwich being the starter.....

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Alright guys this is so damn stupid and quite honestly I've had enough of this. This is the 3rd or 4th ben vs Byron thread we've had and it's the same dumb stuff over and over.

This is the end all be all...who really gives a flying rats *** who is better right now! Byron is the backup period! Ben is the starter, period. Ben will play if he's healthy and Byron will come in if necessary. This whole freekin discussion is ridiculous when you have 100's of posts about it and you get no further because some people don't know how to either stay on topic and/or actually read the whole post without just casting blame and trying to **** people off.

TG,
Eveyone KNOWS Ben is the starter and Byron is the backup. Steeler fans should care whos better right now. One loss and our season is done. I have made a compelling case for Byron, how come you guys cant do the same for Ben? All you guys do is get mad. Why get mad? Substantiate your case if I am telling untruths. The only arguement you have is that Ben is the starter and Byron is the backup? By rank yes. But make no mistake about it the backup has outplayed the starter and that HELPS the Steelers and NO reason to get mad at the guy or ME for bringing that fact up. Its funny how when people blame Arians there is no red flag challenging that but when people blame Ben all hell breaks loose. Sorry, Ben get no ammunity from blame from me. He plays up to his potential you will see me waving my towel and saying "thats the Ben I love to see" and giving him props, no excuses, no whining etc.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 05:21 PM ---

Im not going to close this thread yet but when I come back on if there is more of the same BS it's getting closed. Just agree to disagree on this here because nobody is going to win this. If you like byron, then like Byron. If you like Ben then like Ben but as we've said a 100 zillion times in the last week here judging a backup on 3 quarters of play vs a starter who has played 16 games is just moronic.

Funny the Steeler Nation does not agree as MANY articles attest. Call me a moron but sorry, the team moves better with the backup in the game and anyone that says different is just a Ben homer. But if someone can show me proof, I'll be glad to admit I was wrong.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 05:24 PM ---

Again for the 300th time.....I find fault in Ben, Bruce Arians, the offensive line, the RB's and WR's.....The whole offense is to blame........Football is a team sport and that is my point which you continue to look past that fact and just want to cast the blame all on Ben.....I never stated Ben had a good season and s houldn't be held accountable.....All I'm saying he isn't the whole reason why the offense was inconsistent this year......Plus I didn't see enough of Byron Leftwich this year to say he should be the starter......Now if Leftwich would have started half of the year then you would have more ground to stand on......Then I would be more willing to buy into Byron Leftwich being the starter.....

Ok point well taken but I still think if byron had started half of the season you guys would say "oh he only played 8 games". If he played 14 youd say "he only played 15 games, once he plays a 5 seasons like Ben". The guy cant win because you like Ben. Thats fine. Time will tell when it comes to Ben. I say the word is out around the league about the guy. His days are numbered. (Thanks Whiz)

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-03-2009, 07:02 PM

Who were these stats against? When? Ben is the starter and my premise was he plays lathargica and turns it on when he wants to. Then I said show me 4quarters that he has played solid (i.e- one game). In your DESPERATE attempt you have selected the Texans game. My question said 4 QUARTERS. Didnt Byron play in the 4th qtr of the Texans game? Nice try but I watch every game. And for those of you that down Byrons stats (vs the lowly Browns) and then turn around and use the Texans stats to boast of Bens credentials are too funny. lol:cope:
I guess Im a one trick pony. However, there are several other threads that you can choose from if you dont like this one.[/QUOTE]

OK he bit...

My bad you are right Lefty did play
4 att 0comps QB rating 39.6 boy he really outplayed him that game!!

That was just with a quick review (2 mins) of the stats.. yes he did play 4th quarter so add those to the stats of the other games. Why couldn't Lefty score against the lowly Texans as you imply, 0 points but some how or another Ben managed to put up 38 pts?? With your logical thinking he should have been able to put up at least 9 pts, oh wait a minute it must have been the lines fault or maybe it was the play calling or the recievers .
Using your logic that should put an end to your endless tirade about this subject. Now can you please move onto another subject ....

Stairwayto7
01-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I`m a Steelers fan, no matter who is on field, I`m backing them!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2009, 07:50 PM
People do care who's the starter on this but it's obvious that this discussion yields absolutely ZERO results. Everyone on this board, I assume that's a pretty safe guess except for Salaid, feels that Ben should be the starter. Oh by the way so does tomlin and the Steelers team and so does the Rooneys. Do you honestly think Tomlin is going to say, "ok Ben, I see Byron's stats for 3 quarters that he played good so we're going to start him over you" Can you not see how aboslutely ridiculous that is and retarded it sounds even saying. Starting harping on the same stupid point and get over it already. We all know you think Byron is playing better, fine that's your opinion but stop beating this dead horse dude!

If Im a Ben homer then so be it but you're a Byron homer then..for **** sake stop taking 3 quarters of play and turning the guy into a god..get over it and move on already. We have all proved you wrong time and time again but you refuse to see it so that's your own problem. Sit back in your chair with that smirk on your face thinking you are better than all of us and we're all a bunch of homers because we don't agree with you that Byron is a better QB, that's your thing obviously.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I`m a Steelers fan, no matter who is on field, I`m backing them!

AMEN !! :plus1::plus1::plus1::tt02::tt02:

Scalaid6
01-04-2009, 03:23 AM
People do care who's the starter on this but it's obvious that this discussion yields absolutely ZERO results. Everyone on this board, I assume that's a pretty safe guess except for Salaid, feels that Ben should be the starter. Oh by the way so does tomlin and the Steelers team and so does the Rooneys. Do you honestly think Tomlin is going to say, "ok Ben, I see Byron's stats for 3 quarters that he played good so we're going to start him over you" Can you not see how aboslutely ridiculous that is and retarded it sounds even saying. Starting harping on the same stupid point and get over it already. We all know you think Byron is playing better, fine that's your opinion but stop beating this dead horse dude!

If Im a Ben homer then so be it but you're a Byron homer then..for **** sake stop taking 3 quarters of play and turning the guy into a god..get over it and move on already. We have all proved you wrong time and time again but you refuse to see it so that's your own problem. Sit back in your chair with that smirk on your face thinking you are better than all of us and we're all a bunch of homers because we don't agree with you that Byron is a better QB, that's your thing obviously.

Uh you are SO OFF. Show me ONE place where I said Byron should be the starter. I DIDNT. I can speak for myself and have no problem speaking my mind. Are you paranoid?All I said was the team moves better with Byron in and it DOES. I know according to you, Im high, retarded, a moron any other collateral attacks you want to throw my way? How competent can one be if hes saying I want byron as the starter. I said Ben has played bad and he has. I said I would have benched him to make him get it together and I would have but that doesnt mean I think Byron should be the starter. If I thought that please tell me why wouldnt I say it. This is the problem. Byrons good play has you HOMERS so uptight and paranoid that any statement in favor of him makes you so defensive. I dont care if Byron played 2minutes the fact is he has outplayed Ben this year. Who puts any merit on how long you played? Only the desperate who cant face the facts that Ben is playing like gargage and holding this team back. I wonder if a 12-4 pats fan would be worried about who they played in the playoffs? I dont think the pats would be worried because they have a qb that is steady and doesnt help the other team out like ours does. If you want me to stop beating a dead horse it works both ways, stop opposing me. Are you gonna sit here and tell me that Byron has NOT played better than Ben. How come when I ask you to show me ONE lie that I have told on Ben you cant? You know why? Because I havent lied on him, I have merely told the truth and THATS what gets you guys mad. Some of you dont like the truth about Ben. If he would stop giving me material then what woud "Salaid" (as you posted) have to say?
I am not a Byron homer. I only support him because hes on my team. He leaves and so goes my support. Thats the thing you guys fail to see. I want the Steelers to win regardless. Your proving your Ben bias. How? Its ok to criticize Arians and nothing is said. Its ok to criticize willie and nothing is said. Its ok to criticize the line and nothing is said OVER AND OVER AND OVER. But criticize Ben and you get warned, you get potentially banned, you get all kinds of grief. DOUBLE STANDARD. For the record Byron has played more than 3 GOOD quarters you only try to diminish it because your paranoid that he will unseat lathargic Ben. If I have tried to make Byron into a god I'd be saying he was a top 3 quarterback. Have I said that? You guys have the NERVE to say that about Ben, now whos making who into a god. And if you ALL have proven me wrong then please present your proof if your truthful, mere assertions is not proof. Again, I NEVER said Byron was a better qb I said the offense runs better with him in there and it does. If you dont want to believe it, will I lose sleep? Will it make me weary? Not at all, I will just sit back and wait for the next flood of excuses you guys pour out when Ben screws up the season. Concussion, O-Line, Arians, Tomlin, Shoulder. Peyton Manning had surgery and won MVP but according to you guys Ben is better than Manning (since he won 50 games in his 1st 5 seasons - sigh) If Ben plays like he can, nobody beats us and I maintain that. But If he doesnt were in trouble

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Dude you're not a Steelers fan and everybody here knows it...put down the cloak and dagger BS man and get over yourself. You call all of us Ben homers because we think he should be the starter because BYRON LEFTWICH HAS ONLY PLAYED 3 QUARTERS. you can't see anything past how much you think he's a better QB than Ben because the team moves the ball better with Byron blah blah blah.

We're all Byron fans dude, he's a Steeler so we all cheer for him we just don't ride his jock like you do.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Im not the least bit interested in games with you, its 3:30am my time and Im quite frankly not interested in getting into a trivia contest with you or anybody else. There's no point to it, it's just another way for you to try and egg people on. Get over yourself and go back to your own board where people obviously believe what you are slinging.

Besides you don't want to see to share your site information with anybody else, several people have asked you.

Scalaid6
01-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Im not the least bit interested in games with you, its 3:30am my time and Im quite frankly not interested in getting into a trivia contest with you or anybody else. There's no point to it, it's just another way for you to try and egg people on. Get over yourself and go back to your own board where people obviously believe what you are slinging.

Besides you don't want to see to share your site information with anybody else, several people have asked you.

Uh me being a Steeler fan is not a game. You said I was not so I'm willing to put your words to the test. It seems you are the one who feels threatened by me and why I dont know. All I have done is add activity to the board. If some are Diametrically Opposed then thats society. I never try to bully people on my site and tell them what they can and cannot say because their opinion differs from mine. As long as they are cordial and dont abuse other posters, I have no problem with it. This is America where opinions, races and religions differ and thats what makes it great. If everyone thought alike we would have a vanilla country and if we didnt have tolerance for other views we would have a dictatorship and that is never good. Many people have slung insults at me since I have been here and NO word of warning but yet you get on me for continuously saying that our offense moves better with Leftwich in and Substantiating that fact. It really gets tiresome when someone has a different view then another person they are deemed "not a steeler fan". Just like anything I dont make assertions, I substantiate my points and what I say and if anyone "thinks" I'm not a Steeler fan then hit me up at Scalaid6 and lets see. I dont say this with any malice or ill will but if you want to find out dont take someones word for it, see for yourself.

AZ_Steeler
01-04-2009, 04:02 AM
It's kind of hard to do a trivia contest or anything like that when you have the internet at your fingertips...

Scalaid6
01-04-2009, 04:11 AM
It's kind of hard to do a trivia contest or anything like that when you have the internet at your fingertips...

Exactly,
Thats why I choose Instant Messenger. That way you can tell whos googling and whos going from the cuff.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Thank you AZ, you obviously can read between the lines unlike Scalaid here. Trivia contests on messenger are pointless and even they weren't there's no reason for me to try and test my knowledge against yours because I have nothing to prove. Im not the one going around professing to not be a Steelers, then change my mind, then spout off about how you aren't to blame for the havoc you cause everywhere you go. Everybody can see right through you so please get off your high horse. This site was built on the ideals of members having fun and sharing their passion for the Steelers and football with the expectation that everyone's opinion is respected and valued. You sir do not fall into that category because you simply don't know when to walk away and leave a topic alone, don't know when to do anything other than try and cause problems for people with your constant rantings of how much you know and how little you obviously think we know since we don't agree with you.

I have never berated or otherwise treated any member poorly or called them names because they have a different opinion than mine and I never will, you just don't seem to "get it" man. Cry foul on everybody else if you like for banning you on other sites and then do sit back in your chair and smile like you think you've accomplished something when in reality every site you've been on knows you're a complete joke and a troublemaker it's as simple as that. Oh please don't do us any favors by thinking you are helping us by increasing post counts, we do just fine without you making members lives miserable...see ya.

augustashark
01-04-2009, 04:48 AM
And that my brothern is the end of it! LOL

I rarely post here, but could see that he was picking fights with any/everyone here. I don't think humility was one of his best attributes, lol.

NYCsteelersfan
01-04-2009, 05:06 AM
Exactly,
Thats why I choose Instant Messenger. That way you can tell whos googling and whos going from the cuff.

Amazing he racked up 211 posts of garbage. Every post was the length of a novel, a poorly written one. He would twist people's words around and completely ignore points that directly countered his points.

I would find it a bit troubling that he was banned just for going against the popular opinion grain, which is exactly what I got banned for over at Steelersfever. But actually claiming that Leftwich is better than Roethlisberger, when you don't even have 1 game worth of evidence to back up the opinion, is clearly trolling, flaming, whatever the hell you want to call it.

ejsteeler
01-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Scabaid, banned...:clap: :clap: :clap: :cope:

It appears this is all he wants anyway like it increases his status in his sad little world.

TEEMONT
01-04-2009, 04:53 PM

You're right.

I had this long reply typed out to you and I deleted it. I look around at where I am, and I realize this **** is just dumb, and not worth the effort.

For now on when I want an opinion on anything Steelers, I will just find out what your stance is on the situation. Since thats what you want. Everyone to have the same idea's that you have.

Save yourself some time, ask TG to ban everyone but you, and you won't have to worry about anyone disagreeing with you again.

Peace out, I have to go do something that REALLY matters, but **** what do I know, I just talk tough.

Steelersfan
01-04-2009, 05:37 PM
You're right.

I had this long reply typed out to you and I deleted it. I look around at where I am, and I realize this **** is just dumb, and not worth the effort.

For now on when I want an opinion on anything Steelers, I will just find out what your stance is on the situation. Since thats what you want. Everyone to have the same idea's that you have.

Save yourself some time, ask TG to ban everyone but you, and you won't have to worry about anyone disagreeing with you again.

Peace out, I have to go do something that REALLY matters, but **** what do I know, I just talk tough.

There was far more to it than me not agreeing with him T. Far more, and it had nothing to do with his opinion or idea. It was him not replying to people when they called him on things and always changing the subject of the fact that was made or saying they didn't prove anything when people had. Not to mention him bringing the same thing up in every thread he posted in.

And as far as the banning, I had nothing to do with him getting banned. Not a thing. Actually had him on ignore. I have no power or say in anything that goes on here. The site is TG's and his alone to do with as he sees.

Where the hell did I say everyone had to have the same idea's as me? This place was started so everyone could have an opinion and voice it and most everyone does. Some times things get heated but most have been able to just agree to disagree and move on, which has included me and you at times.

So while we don't agree on Parker or Ben, I do agree that it isn't worth it.

BlitzburghNation
01-04-2009, 05:52 PM
That is what Salad Shooter was wanting all along,,,,,,,get banned !

Good riddins,,,,,:bigfinger: Think he's trying to see how many sites his :moon: gets kicked out of :yesnod: