PDA

View Full Version : ESPN at it again.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Now I know there is something wrong with this picture. I know we have the talent to win this whole dam thing. But when did we become the ESPN media darlings? :scratch:

Hoge is a homer. But Allen and that moron Sailsbury too? :scratch:

3. Who is the best team in the AFC North?

Allen: It seems strange right now to say this, but the best team in the AFC North is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ignore for a moment that they lost in overtime against the Falcons and think about what this offense has done the past two weeks. They've completely dominated two good defenses with two different quarterbacks. The running game looks refreshed and Ben Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch both have an excellent grasp of this offense and are executing their play calls. This team would beat the Bengals and Ravens with Batch or Roethlisberger leading the way.

Hoge: It's the Steelers in a landslide. They have an excellent blend of offense and defense and are starting to look like the Steelers from last year. This team will be hard to beat down the stretch, even if Roethlisberger has to miss time. Backup quarterback Charlie Batch is more than capable of winning games.

Salisbury: Despite losing Sunday to the Falcons, the Steelers are back and they have fewer questions surrounding them than any other team in the AFC North. The Ravens have trouble moving the ball on offense and even with a good defense, you have to put points on the board in this division. The Bengals are having offensive line issues that have slowed their explosive offense. Cleveland just isn't ready. That leaves the Steelers, who have the right combination of offensive and defensive excellence to contend.

AZ_Steeler
10-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Holy crap!! Are you sure that wasn't doctored up by anybody :scratch:

Salisbury has actually been trying to get in the Steelers jocks now the past few weeks so he doesn't suprise me much wiht his comments. Didn't he pick the Miami Dolphins to go to the Super Bowl :dunno:... if so, now he needs to find a backup team :)

House of Steel
10-24-2006, 10:51 PM
The running game looks refreshed

Where in the hell does he get this bullshit from??? The running game been a struggle lately especially in the Atlanta Game.

Do these dumbasses know about the fumbletis we possess? Do they know about our special teamers having such hell doing things right? Other than that, I can't understand how the hell we can be the best team in the AFC North. In another words, I can see their point, but we are the dumb ones shooting ourselves in the foot, we should be at 5-1, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we are 2-4. You better believe it I am still pissed but still 110% behind the Black n Gold. Someone please lite a fire in all their asses.

I think someone is paying these guys to say this ****. I don't trust the three headed moron that show has. ESPN has always been a Patriot butt kissing fags.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Everything they say is TRUE !! They just forgot to mention the fumbles and Special teams,and boy are they SPECIAL! We have been able to run when needed,if Ben continues the way Ben's played last coupla weeks it will open up the running game more!

SteelerFan87
10-24-2006, 11:12 PM
You're right HoS, ESPN has always had the Pats, and especially Brady and Belichick's asses permanently attached to their lips. Meanwhile the Steelers need to win the Super Bowl to even be noticed by them. But while I'd like them to give the Steelers some respect, I certainly don't want them to worship us like they worship the Pats, because it's just annoying.

But they have a point. The offense has been great the last 2 weeks and Ben looks like he's back to his old self. However, as I was afraid would happen, the defense has slipped. It always seems to take the Steelers a while to get both the offense and defense on the same page, but when we do, we're a damn good team. I think the offense and defense will play well this week, and then all we have to do is eliminate those stupid turnovers.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Alright who paid off ESPN :scratch: I havent heard reviews that good about us from them in awhile !

I like Merrill Hoge usually, not just because he talks good about us but because he's a former Steeler.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Alright who paid off ESPN :scratch: I havent heard reviews that good about us from them in awhile !

I like Merrill Hoge usually, not just because he talks good about us but because he's a former Steeler.

HOS have you expanded your whoring operations to Bristol? :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2006, 11:21 PM
He'll go to any lengths he can apparently :lol:

BBG7
10-24-2006, 11:23 PM
It's suprising to hear them saying this stuff...but at the same time, I wouldn't disagree with anything they said. It's all true and we all need to lift our heads up. It is going to get better, and even though there is a big hole to climb out of...we will do it!

House of Steel
10-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Hey Philly :bigfinger: I am not the insider on paying those stupid asses to be nice to the Steelers. I am not that low.

SteelerFan87
10-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Yeah, it would take more money than any of us have to get those Brady lovers to say something nice about the Steelers. :bigthumb:

SteelersWoman
10-25-2006, 08:41 PM
They have it right. They apparently see the same thing all of US do, which is if our guys could lose the "fumblitis" they have goin on, we WOULD be at the top of this division, because our guys truly do have the most talent and knowledge of the game over all.

The talent is there, and we're seeing signs of how dominating this team CAN be--if they'd just play the whole game out and stop dropping the ball. (Reference the KC game).

Think about the game against Cincy (and some of our other opps) for a moment. Up until the last quarter, the Bengals were sitting on the sidelines -- heads hanging, totally dejected. Why? Because they knew we were playing better than they were, and knew they wouldn't be able to beat us. What happened? WE DROPPED THE BALL. That's all it took to change the whole course of the game.

Against some of the other opps, our guys played only half heartedly during the second half.

The Bengals won that game--(as did several of our other opponents in later games) NOT because they were the "better" team, and I think that everyone who watched it--including the people from ESPN knows it.

SteelCityMan786
10-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Holy crap!! Are you sure that wasn't doctored up by anybody :scratch:

Salisbury has actually been trying to get in the Steelers jocks now the past few weeks so he doesn't suprise me much wiht his comments. Didn't he pick the Miami Dolphins to go to the Super Bowl :dunno:... if so, now he needs to find a backup team :)

He needed one for them before opening night. They've been eliminated from Playoff contention since then.:hilarious:

House of Steel
10-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Salisbury Steak is the biggest joke ESPN ever hired besides Joe "I think I know everything" Theismann

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Salisbury tries to be too hip and cool and act like he's buddy buddy with every athlete he talks about. Give it up dude and just talk football.