PDA

View Full Version : Which Willie Parker will we see in the postseason?

Zachintosh66
12-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Last year & this year pre-injury Willie or nov/dec Willie?

steelers4life66
12-31-2008, 01:37 PM
I think if they stay with that one back set it's going to be no yards Willie. Post season is allways tuffer. Hope I'm wrong.

KSSteelerfan
12-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Steelers need to make the most out of WP's abilities and use the I-Back scheme which seemed to work for the Steelers. Hopefully we will see the resurgent Willie that ran on Sundays game against the :peebrowns:on Sunday.

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, it all depends on the OC, and the play calling. I back, and Willie gets off...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe the real question is, if we see the Willie Parker that we've seen most of this year then we better see the Mewelde Moore that we've seen most of this year or we won't be seeing anything but the couch & the big screen at home after the first round next weekend.

Honestly though you'd like to think the Steelers, Parker in particular here will rise to the occasion with the playoffs on the line. That's what I want to believe but FWP is going to have to prove he's up to the challenge and up until the Cleveland game he hasn't been.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
I think we need to line up in the 'I' with Mchugh at FB to lead the way for Willie, and bring in Mo on 3rd downs,like it was supposed to happen this year.If this ground came can keep the defense honest then you'll see a huge game open up for Ben and and the WR's.And if we can establish a lead for once instead of playing behind it makes our defense that much more aggressive.

Koopa
12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
we will never see pre injury willie again, and unless we play the browns, we will see a 20 carries 30 yards willie

AZ_Steeler
12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Considering Willie hasn't showed up all year unless the Steelers were playing someone sucky.. I would suspect we'll get the same ol' Willie

Stairwayto7
12-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Considering Willie hasn't showed up all year unless the Steelers were playing someone sucky.. I would suspect we'll get the same ol' Willie

Damn! I hate to admit it but your right, nothing against you, I just don`t want to believe that its true

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 03:31 PM
I think Willie will play well against the Chargers, Colts, or Dolphins. Its the Titans and the Ravens that I lack faith in when it comes to Willie. Also, if we happen to play Philly in the SB, I dont like Willie's chances there either. Unless we run him from the I formation. Then i like him against anyone other then the Ravens.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-31-2008, 09:21 PM
I just hope they continue to use an full back like they did against the Clowns, if they do i think Willie will have an little more success, i know Mewelde will have an ton of success if they use an full back:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Willie has stated time and time again he needs a FB to be effective; although this year with or without one he's been inconsistent. I want to think Willie is going to be a work horse for us in the playoffs, and to think he's healed up enough to carry the load and actually be effective for more than 1 game at a time without taking a step backwards.

It's funny i was watching the Rose Bowl tonight and the vision that these college backs run with is uncanny. They see a hole close up and immediately bounce it to the open area. If Parker could only do that instead of just running into a pile and falling down we'd be in business. Seeing the field is something that you can be taught, although many good backs have already mastered that skill by the time they are at Parkers stage of their career.

Part of me thinks maybe it's just him being afraid to really plant and cut on that knee and the rest of me thinks he just hasn't developed his skill enough. I guess it's both but either way it's irritating as hell.

Zachintosh66
01-01-2009, 11:46 PM
It's funny i was watching the Rose Bowl tonight and the vision that these college backs run with is uncanny. They see a hole close up and immediately bounce it to the open area. If Parker could only do that instead of just running into a pile and falling down we'd be in business. Seeing the field is something that you can be taught, although many good backs have already mastered that skill by the time they are at Parkers stage of their career.

maybe all Willie needs is an eye exam... get some "wild thing" glasses like charlie sheen from the Major League movie

but instead skull and crossbones, maybe some lightning bolts for his "speed" :lol: :tt02:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/tescosuicide/ALa3/Charlie-Sheen-R.jpg

BlitzburghNation
01-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Wild Thing :lol: Good one ,,,,,

Willie looked more like the old willie against the stains,,,,,but then again it is the stains,

Announcers on sirius were saying he looked like Fast Willie again for the 1st time all season,,,,,,,,So maybe he's over his injury and gotten his legs back :pray:

popstaala
01-02-2009, 02:14 AM
i have a feeling that FWP will show up in the playoffs...

DIESELMAN
01-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Wild Thing :lol: Good one ,,,,,

Willie looked more like the old willie against the stains,,,,,but then again it is the stains,

Announcers on sirius were saying he looked like Fast Willie again for the 1st time all season,,,,,,,,So maybe he's over his injury and gotten his legs back :pray:

Exactly why he should've had a good game, it was the same old tired *** Shitstains. If a RB can't have a good game against them , then theres something wrong somewhere.....

i have a feeling that FWP will show up in the playoffs...

Lets hope so.....we're going to need him and/or any kind of running game to get Ben's game back on line.....

steelers4life66
01-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Exactly why he should've had a good game, it was the same old tired *** Shitstains. If a RB can't have a good game against them , then theres something wrong somewhere.....

Lets hope so.....we're going to need him and/or any kind of running game to get Ben's game back on line.....
That's what I keep saying.The key is to get that running game going. Everyone says stop the turn overs. I honestly believe if we crank that running game up the turn overs will stop. Ben gets in trouble when he tries to do too much. With that running game going so Ben can relax and just have fun I'd put him against any QB in the NFL.:2cents: