PDA

View Full Version : Do we keep Bruce Arians if...

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 02:22 PM
So what are your thoughts on keeping BA if we win it all? And do you think it would change the minds of the people that would fire him if we win?

AZ_Steeler
12-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Championships changes a lot of minds plus you go into the mentality that everything is alright so why break something if it's not broken? It's a tough call and besides that it's also hard to place the blame on a single person...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Honestly I don't know, looking at our stats this year on offense it would be easy to sit here and say he needs fired. I know Ben likes him, or atleast that's what he says to the public. We don't know the inner workings of Tomlin's head enough to know how much it will take for us to keep Arians around for another year. I don't know if our 12-4 record is enough to do it or not right now.

Honestly I just want to see this team succeed and use the weapons we have to our strengths instead of trying be something we aren't. I've never seen a Steelers team that has had no identity on offense like this one, in quite a long time.

steelers4life66
If we win it all ya it probably will change their minds but not mine. Butt crack needs to go! :helmet:

Dean Denton
Championships changes a lot of minds plus you go into the mentality that everything is alright so why break something if it's not broken? It's a tough call and besides that it's also hard to place the blame on a single person...So you say keep him?
Then do we make changes in other coaching positions, like the OL coach?

KSSteelerfan
12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I guess we could have worse OC's in the league than BA. Look at the Bears. They have Norv Turners brother Ron. The guys a complete and total tool. Then you have to look at the issue of who's available out there if Tomlin or the Steelers organization were to make a change. I'm in agreement with TG. This offense needs an identity right now and it really doesn't have one. Someone else on here mentioned that we draft according to our defensive needs or schemes, why can't we do the same for our offense?

AZ_Steeler
12-31-2008, 02:50 PM
So you say keep him?
Then do we make changes in other coaching positions, like the OL coach?
It's hard to say... he's (Arians) been with the Steelers for what, two years now? That seems like plenty time to get a new system down but something isn't right and that something is what needs to be uncovered... is it the o-line, the OC, the OLC, maybe the QBC or the QB1? :dunno: No I'm not saying get rid of Ben! I repeat, I am not saying get rid of Ben! There is something in that chain though that needs to be fixed.

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
would a new system just slow down our Off, or depending on who we bring in could there be chages right away? There always seems to be issues with new OC, but Miami and Atlanta seem to be doing ok...

Stairwayto7
12-31-2008, 03:57 PM
If we win it all ya it probably will change their minds but not mine. Butt crack needs to go! :helmet:

I second that!:plus1:

yinzer
12-31-2008, 04:11 PM
no...

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 04:16 PM
no... WOW, I like that..Sounds like you hate him more than I do...lol I see a lot of anger and frustration in that "NO"!!

SteelFanInIL
12-31-2008, 04:23 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

$teelersRule
12-31-2008, 04:33 PM
i want the dumbass fired

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-31-2008, 04:42 PM
He needs to go period.But it will be hard to justify it if we go all the way and end up 14-4and a 6th ring.We as a fan base know what's up..but it'd be hard to fire the guy after we win a SuperBowl.If he doesn't go..they better damn well fix our ground game and get back to Steeler football...then worry about trying to get cute in the passing game.

BlitzburghNation
12-31-2008, 10:43 PM
no...

:ditto:
I say hire Ben as our OC :lol:

steelerzion
12-31-2008, 11:30 PM
if we win it all, it will be because of our defense so he should go anyway...

Stlrs4Life
01-01-2009, 12:27 AM

Agree. He needs to go regardless.

yinzer
01-01-2009, 11:39 AM
WOW, I like that..Sounds like you hate him more than I do...lol I see a lot of anger and frustration in that "NO"!!

you have no idea......

Ambridge
01-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Arians has got to go no matter what!!

On his last day every fan should be able to line-up and get a free kick in the *** on BA as he leaves the Steelers facilities.

BR7
01-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Arians has got to go no matter what!!

On his last day every fan should be able to line-up and get a free kick in the *** on BA as he leaves the Steelers facilities.

Every fan should kick him in his balls, not his ***.

He should go regardless. Unless we win these games by some ridiculous margin by our offense scoring (ie Div. Game 48 - 3, Champ Game, 51 - 10, SuperBowl 44 - 0), then he can stay until Training Camp eve before Tomlin gives him his pink slip. Give him that false sense of hope and security that he actually has a job until the day before.. Then we can all line up and laugh in his face before we all kick him in the balls. :2cents:

Me personally.. I'd sneak in line a few times :D

PsychoWard
01-01-2009, 06:28 PM
he needs to go no matter what happens!

kgreen
01-01-2009, 07:09 PM
No ifs here. We fire him regardless.

Steelers70
01-01-2009, 07:11 PM
It's unlikely he's let go short of an offensive disaster during the playoffs. I still don't like his play calling at all, but I imagine he's here next year unless another team picks him to be their head coach.

-Steelers70

Stlrs4Life
01-01-2009, 09:59 PM
It's unlikely he's let go short of an offensive disaster during the playoffs. I still don't like his play calling at all, but I imagine he's here next year unless another team picks him to be their head coach.

-Steelers70

Hired as a HC? R U kidding? There can't be a NFL team that dumb.

kgreen
01-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Hired as a HC? R U kidding? There can't be a NFL team that dumb.

The Lions?

The Browns?
:dunno:

Prosdo
01-02-2009, 12:56 AM
If we win it all we win in spite of him not because of him. Regardless of the outcome of the playoffs the guys needs to hit the road.

popstaala
01-02-2009, 03:26 AM
arians gosta go... it dont make any sense keeping him around... with his lack of effort.... his pile of **** that he call a playbook... conservative playcalling..... it looks like he running basketball play on the football field...lol....if he ever call himself an offensive coordinator... i will puke and call ben rothlisberger a point gaurd.

Scalaid6
01-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Ben loves the guy. Ben hated Whisenhunt and he didnt get the HC job. Arians stay. Bank on it

Stairwayto7
01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Ben loves the guy. Ben hated Whisenhunt and he didnt get the HC job. Arians stay. Bank on it

Sir! I hope your wrong!

Dean Denton
02-11-2009, 02:47 PM
If we win it all we win in spite of him not because of him. Regardless of the outcome of the playoffs the guys needs to hit the road. This was the thread I was looking for. I would say before we won it all, 90% said fire him no matter what...

Troyisabeast_43
02-11-2009, 05:17 PM
The bottom line fellas is Arians is not going to be fired and is not going anywhere. Now I dont like the guys play calling either and have been very very critical of him on this board on many occasions. But the reality is Tomlin and Colbert are not going to fire anybody on this staff after they just got done winning a Super Bowl Championship. Let's give Arians at least another year as the offensive coordinator, fix the o-line up in the off-season like I am sure they are going to do, and see how he works with hopefully a better o-line. At this point I am not worrying about firing coaches like Arians or what free agents we are going to keep or sign or anything. We are still only just 10 days removed from the Steelers winning their 6th Super Bowl Championship and making history. I just want to continue to reflect and look back and enjoy this Championship season for the time being. There will be plenty of time to be critical of Arians once again I am sure next season, and worry about what coaches and players the Steelers are going to keep for the 2009 season at a later date. Im not trying to tell anybody on here what to do or how to think by any stretch but more people should just be trying to enjoy this Championship season and victory like I just mentioned instead of worrying about firing guys like Bruce Arians because it's really not that big of a deal at this point and time in my opinion.

Dean Denton
02-11-2009, 05:46 PM
The bottom line fellas is Arians is not going to be fired and is not going anywhere. Now I dont like the guys play calling either and have been very very critical of him on this board on many occasions. But the reality is Tomlin and Colbert are not going to fire anybody on this staff after they just got done winning a Super Bowl Championship. Let's give Arians at least another year as the offensive coordinator, fix the o-line up in the off-season like I am sure they are going to do, and see how he works with hopefully a better o-line. At this point I am not worrying about firing coaches like Arians or what free agents we are going to keep or sign or anything. We are still only just 10 days removed from the Steelers winning their 6th Super Bowl Championship and making history. I just want to continue to reflect and look back and enjoy this Championship season for the time being. There will be plenty of time to be critical of Arians once again I am sure next season, and worry about what coaches and players the Steelers are going to keep for the 2009 season at a later date. Im not trying to tell anybody on here what to do or how to think by any stretch but more people should just be trying to enjoy this Championship season and victory like I just mentioned instead of worrying about firing guys like Bruce Arians because it's really not that big of a deal at this point and time in my opinion. You are pretty much right. We are only 10 days removed from history. But I look at Ben not getting the protection he needs because, yes the OL sucks, but also Arians does not use a FB...at all. He runs to many empty back field formations. I can tell you SB or not the Rooney's are taking a long hard look at their 100 million dollar investment Bionic Ben and are looking at other options. No OC is above franchise players. I'm sure there has been much talk of this already in the front office, and in all fairness Arains should get to come back if the Rooney's think it was because of him that this team was able to pull out a SB victory. Question is....do any of us really think he helped in this Spartan victory? Also, what OC couldn't do his job? I would think he's at the bottom tier of coaches.

Troyisabeast_43
02-11-2009, 06:40 PM
You are pretty much right. We are only 10 days removed from history. But I look at Ben not getting the protection he needs because, yes the OL sucks, but also Arians does not use a FB...at all. He runs to many empty back field formations. I can tell you SB or not the Rooney's are taking a long hard look at their 100 million dollar investment Bionic Ben and are looking at other options. No OC is above franchise players. I'm sure there has been much talk of this already in the front office, and in all fairness Arains should get to come back if the Rooney's think it was because of him that this team was able to pull out a SB victory. Question is....do any of us really think he helped in this Spartan victory? Also, what OC couldn't do his job? I would think he's at the bottom tier of coaches.

I dont think the Rooney's or Colbert or anybody else think that Arians is responsible for the Steelers winning the Super Bowl. Of course they will never come out and admit that but reality is you know they dont feel that way. I'm very certain he probably was on the fence had the Steelers lost in the playoffs due to the offense. Tomlin probably would have given him the axe. But like you said even though the front office probably doesnt think Arians had anything to do with the Super Bowl victory, the fact that the Steelers did end up winning the Super Bowl and winning in the playoffs it's going to buy Arians at least another season as the offensive coordinator just for the simple fact that he performed well enough in the eyes of Tomlin,Colbert,and Rooney to not screw it up. I look at it this way if Ben can perform well and make plays like he found a way to do this season with the combination of bad play calling by Arians, playing behind this patchwork o-line, then there is no where to go but up from here for the o-line and the offense as a whole. Arians I'm sure will make people want to rip their hair out of their scalp once September rolls around again with his play-calling. But I am under the impression once and for all that as long as Ben is in there and is healthy, and playing at a high level, and doing what Ben does best this Steelers team has another great opportunity to make a serious run at back to back Lombardi Trophy's.

Dean Denton
02-11-2009, 07:09 PM
I dont think the Rooney's or Colbert or anybody else think that Arians is responsible for the Steelers winning the Super Bowl. Of course they will never come out and admit that but reality is you know they dont feel that way. I'm very certain he probably was on the fence had the Steelers lost in the playoffs due to the offense. Tomlin probably would have given him the axe. But like you said even though the front office probably doesnt think Arians had anything to do with the Super Bowl victory, the fact that the Steelers did end up winning the Super Bowl and winning in the playoffs it's going to buy Arians at least another season as the offensive coordinator just for the simple fact that he performed well enough in the eyes of Tomlin,Colbert,and Rooney to not screw it up. I look at it this way if Ben can perform well and make plays like he found a way to do this season with the combination of bad play calling by Arians, playing behind this patchwork o-line, then there is no where to go but up from here for the o-line and the offense as a whole. Arians I'm sure will make people want to rip their hair out of their scalp once September rolls around again with his play-calling. But I am under the impression once and for all that as long as Ben is in there and is healthy, and playing at a high level, and doing what Ben does best this Steelers team has another great opportunity to make a serious run at back to back Lombardi Trophy's.LOL...does not sound good for him based on this. I think there is too much $$$ involved to take chances on maybe's and lets see's. I dont think they will look at us winning the SB as to if we should keep him. I think they will look at Arians body of work over the last two season and make their decision on that. I agree winning a SB helps him, but if the review the game film from that SB, and notice all the missed opportunities, they will see the game should have never been that close. Arians will be fired within a few weeks.

Troyisabeast_43
02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
LOL...does not sound good for him based on this. I think there is too much $$$ involved to take chances on maybe's and lets see's. I dont think they will look at us winning the SB as to if we should keep him. I think they will look at Arians body of work over the last two season and make their decision on that. I agree winning a SB helps him, but if the review the game film from that SB, and notice all the missed opportunities, they will see the game should have never been that close. Arians will be fired within a few weeks.

Arians is not going to be fired Dean I would bet a good amount of money on that I am fairly certain. If anything I thought Arians would be let go after the Jacksonville playoff game last season after his horrific play-calling on that last series when the Steelers had the ball and called that horrible QB sweep play which ended up pretty much costing them the game. I know you want him gone believe me lol...But he is not going anywhere he is at least going to be here for the 2009 season bank on it...

Dean Denton
02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Arians is not going to be fired Dean I would bet a good amount of money on that I am fairly certain. If anything I thought Arians would be let go after the Jacksonville playoff game last season after his horrific play-calling on that last series when the Steelers had the ball and called that horrible QB sweep play which ended up pretty much costing them the game. I know you want him gone believe me lol...But he is not going anywhere he is at least going to be here for the 2009 season bank on it... Man I am telling you they will fire that guy. I feel it in my bones that he will be released. and it will be a cover up story that made it look like Arains wanted out. MR. Rooney is going to go talk to Ben, just like he did about the Whizinator, and find out what Ben wants. If Ben says, :"let the sorry bastard stay, no one else will hire him." Then he stays. Or.....there could be changes made to let him stay and I would be open to that. Bring back the FB, or stop running thoughs empty back field sets all the time. He's too predictable. I call better plays on Madden. Yes, that play against the Jags should have landed him in the **** house, but tomlin OK'd it.

Now you did say something about betting $$$$$ I dont know how to set it up but maybe we could wager some SA cash...... And no, this is not for the rest of you buzzards. I dont need my funds depleted.....lol

K Train
02-11-2009, 08:10 PM
i hope one day we can celebrate arians 50th year in the league just like we did lebeau just to spite all of you

Dean Denton
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
i hope one day we can celebrate arians 50th year in the league just like we did lebeau just to spite all of you
We will,and it will be for the worst OC to ever have a SB ring....good post KTrain....lol

Troyisabeast_43
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Man I am telling you they will fire that guy. I feel it in my bones that he will be released. and it will be a cover up story that made it look like Arains wanted out. MR. Rooney is going to go talk to Ben, just like he did about the Whizinator, and find out what Ben wants. If Ben says, :"let the sorry bastard stay, no one else will hire him." Then he stays. Or.....there could be changes made to let him stay and I would be open to that. Bring back the FB, or stop running thoughs empty back field sets all the time. He's too predictable. I call better plays on Madden. Yes, that play against the Jags should have landed him in the **** house, but tomlin OK'd it.

Now you did say something about betting $$$$$ I dont know how to set it up but maybe we could wager some SA cash...... And no, this is not for the rest of you buzzards. I dont need my funds depleted.....lol
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09048/949679-66.stm

Well Dean hand over your SA cash or whatever it is you wish to bet me because it looks like BA is coming back along with the entire coaching staff much like I said would happen last week. You lose buddy sorry lol...

Dean Denton
02-17-2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09048/949679-66.stm

Well Dean hand over your SA cash or whatever it is you wish to bet me because it looks like BA is coming back along with the entire coaching staff much like I said would happen last week. You lose buddy sorry lol... What kind of Browns move is that. You cant wait to see if you win a bet before you except a bet. You should have been Johnny on the spot, and bet me when I asked you too over a week ago. Now its to late.....sorry about your luck. Next time show more brass....Now let me go read what you posted....I'm sure I wont like it....That still is not a for sure. His name was not mentioned. So there is still a chance. But it does not look good for us.....sigh....