PDA

View Full Version : Which Ben will we see in the postseason?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Which Ben do you think we'll get now that we're in the post season? Are we going to see the one that came back from the last concussion and played probably his worst game ever to date or will we get the Ben that rises to the occasion and wills this team to a win if the chips are down?

KSSteelerfan
12-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Guess we'll have to wait and see.:dunno:

BlitzburghNation
12-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Who knows,,,,,if i knew that,,,i probably could pick the next winning lottery numbers :popcorn:

We all hope it's the good Ben :pray:

popstaala
12-31-2008, 12:41 AM
hopefully the good ben... i cant stand the bad ben... makes me vomit

Scalaid6
12-31-2008, 04:36 AM
Whichever Ben shows up everyone will have 10 excuses for his play if its bad. Lets Hope Hot Ben shows up.

yinzer
12-31-2008, 07:43 AM
it's not like ben has to put up 400 yards passing and 4 TD's. if he just plays smart, doesn't throw picks, and doesn't apply the KY jelly to his throwing hand before the game, we'll be fine. the D can take care of the rest.

Stairwayto7
12-31-2008, 08:49 AM
No excuses for Ben just facts! To me its more than which Ben? Its more like what offense? If we can establish the run, everything else will fall in place. If we cant then we will have to ride on Bens shoulders. And hope that Arians can identify quickly what plays will need called. Excuses or not, our line is not great, and if we don`t run well, Ben will be put in a bunch of 3rd and longs, and our receivers are to small to get off the line, to get the 10 yards quickly.
IMO - Ben will play well, the offense will be up and down, but we will score enough to win.

LatrobePA
12-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Scalaid6 - You are a POS stay the F off this board you are ruining it with your ****!

As for Ben, I hope the Ben that throws a max of 21 times shows up, that means we are running the ball control'n the clock! Fewer throws, fewer chances to F up!

Zachintosh66
12-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Depends... if we see a OL that is like a swinging gate and Ben is running for his life, and were already behind in the game, so Ben is trying to force things just to make one big play... prolly going to see the Ben we dont wanna see.

ps. People like Scalaid6 is why i left my old Steeler board. Take a deep breath and count to ten.

Iron City South
12-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Which Ben will we see in the postseason?

.... flip a coin.

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 11:26 AM
We are going to see the fired up, ready to rumble, take no prisoners, *** kicking, hell raising, holy rolling, gun slinging, put em to bed Bionic Ben.....There is no doubt in my mind that Ben is going to be ready to lead this team to their 6th ring. He has carried the Off all season, and looked sexy as hell doing it. This is the year of the Steeler baby, and my big little brother is going to sling the F$%&ing rock, and hold that trophy high when the smoke clears......

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 11:29 AM
If we see the Ben that manages the game, doesn't make the big mistake, and is able to convert the 3rd downs to keep drives going I have a good feeling we'll be successful. If we see the Ben that forces everything we're going to be in trouble.

Take what the defense gives you, move the chains, be sure of your throws and if it's not there just throw it away and we'll be fine.

AZ_Steeler
12-31-2008, 11:38 AM
It would be really great to the Ben from the playoff run in 2005 when he came in all the 3 games and lit up early... Yeah we all know he faltered in the Super Bowl but they won it!

Any how, the Steelers need a hot Ben or Ben that is managing the game and making smart decisions. He's put the defense in way too many tough situations this year and has asked the D to bail him out too much. The PA for the Steelers could probably be at last 20-30 points less than what it already is... that's just something to think about. It's time for Ben to put his team out in front so the D can pin their ears back and go at their opponent!

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-31-2008, 11:46 AM
hopefully we will see Ben with a fullback and with the time to make good decisions,throwing the ball on target!!

steelerschick1220
12-31-2008, 11:47 AM
WE will see the Ben that plays just okay for the first three quarters, but then turns it on in the 4th and leads us to a win. Just guessing. ;)

I am hopeful we will see the firing on all cylinders, can do no wrong Ben. If he just plays smart, we should be able to win.

Scalaid6
12-31-2008, 11:47 AM
You guys say the guy is top 2 or 3 in the league why the concern? I wonder if the Colts board has this much concern about their qb. Or the Pats board when it comes to Brady. I agree with you guys Im concerned because of our hot and cold qb, not for any other reason.

SteelerSteve
12-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Its good to see your all so optimistic lol. Personally I have complete faith in Ben that he wont put us in position to lose the game. With as disruptive a defense as we have then all our offense needs to do is play safe and take what their opponents give them.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-31-2008, 11:57 AM
You guys say the guy is top 2 or 3 in the league why the concern? I wonder if the Colts board has this much concern about their qb. Or the Pats board when it comes to Brady. I agree with you guys Im concerned because of our hot and cold qb, not for any other reason.

Ok know your concern and that matches most of ours, now which are we gonna see that is the original question...

AZ_Steeler
12-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Its good to see your all so optimistic lol. Personally I have complete faith in Ben that he wont put us in position to lose the game. With as disruptive a defense as we have then all our offense needs to do is play safe and take what their opponents give them.
Exactly... Which is why Ben needs to manage the game, make smart decisions and not turn the ball over. In the process, some plays need to be called that Ben has shown some success on throughout the year to get his confidence built back up.

Ben is going to be the X factor for how far the Steelers go in the playoffs.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Exactly... Which is why Ben needs to manage the game, make smart decisions and not turn the ball over. In the process, some plays need to be called that Ben has shown some success on throughout the year to get his confidence built back up.

Ben is going to be the X factor for how far the Steelers go in the playoffs.

That wraps it up in a nutshell there....

Scalaid6
12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
I think we will see Ben play good because Byron came in and played solid. Ben will answer the bell, hes a competitior. You guys need to realize that ALL plays called are the plays that Ben likes and has approved during the week. He has a HUGE hand in the plays called in the gameplan.

--- Added 12/31/2008 at 11:04 AM ---

Depends... if we see a OL that is like a swinging gate and Ben is running for his life, and were already behind in the game, so Ben is trying to force things just to make one big play... prolly going to see the Ben we dont wanna see.

ps. People like Scalaid6 is why i left my old Steeler board. Take a deep breath and count to ten.

Dont let tough situations define who you are sir. Take a deep breath count to 10.

SteelerSteve
12-31-2008, 12:05 PM

Ben is going to be the X factor for how far the Steelers go in the playoffs. No arguments here. I think that the defense will give the O plenty of chances with a short field and it will all come down to Arians calling smart plays, solid o-line play and Ben making smart decisions. Having said that, the last thing I want to see Ben do is play scared and timid football. He cant be afraid to put it downfield and give the recievers chances to do their thing. I'm looking foreward to seeing how everything works out.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-31-2008, 12:10 PM
heres a stat line for yinz....

1/5/08 JAC @ PIT Wildcard

2nd Quarter: 4 drives
INTERCEPTION
INTERCEPTION
punt
INTERCEPTION

3RD AND 4TH QUARTER: 6 Drives
FIELDGOAL
TOUCHDOWN (PASS BY BEN)
TOUCHDOWN (PASS BY BEN)
TOUCHDOWN
PUNT
FUMBLE ( By Ben with :37 LEFT IN GAME)

Ben had a Horrible 2nd quarter and a masterful 2nd half to give us back the lead. My point is: If Ben can be the guy that drives us down the field, limit mistakes and stay on the field on third down, we should be fine!!

Quick passes, Smart reads and hitting the checkdowns are gonna be key. The verdict is out on our team: pressure with a 4 man line will destroy our Offense. Other than IND and TEN, the rest of the AFC field has to use blitzes to get pressure. Ben would be SB MVP if he avg's less than 30 attempts for no ints/fumbles and a td or 2 a game throughout the playoffs!!!

steelers4life66
12-31-2008, 12:29 PM
The bad Ben died on the field last Sunday.:pray:

Stairwayto7
12-31-2008, 12:42 PM
The bad Ben died on the field last Sunday.:pray:

I like your thinking! So the answer is! The Good Ben will be with us for the post season!

SteelFanInIL
12-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Good Ben...:crossfingers: or mabey so so Ben...:thinking: God I hope it isn't bad Ben :eek1: . Either way our GREAT defence has to be there, and I'm confident they will.

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Not sure where all this talk about good Ben, bad Ben is coming from. The only Ben I have ever seen is just "Ben"...When the days fall upon him where we see INT's, fumbles, sacks, and things of that nature it has nothing to do with Ben. INT's for the most part are caused by high winds and WR not running their routes, or crappy OL play forcing him into mistakes. Fumbles are pretty much the result of either having to use a new ball or the ref's putting KY jelly on the ball when they spot it at the line of scrimage. and sacks....I think we all know the reason for that....All I want is to see Ben under center at kick off and I will be happy.

Scalaid6
12-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Not sure where all this talk about good Ben, bad Ben is coming from. The only Ben I have ever seen is just "Ben"...When the days fall upon him where we see INT's, fumbles, sacks, and things of that nature it has nothing to do with Ben. INT's for the most part are caused by high winds and WR not running their routes, or crappy OL play forcing him into mistakes. Fumbles are pretty much the result of either having to use a new ball or the ref's putting KY jelly on the ball when they spot it at the line of scrimage. and sacks....I think we all know the reason for that....All I want is to see Ben under center at kick off and I will be happy.

Now that post there is the OPINION of MOST of the Steeler Nation. Only thing missing is Arians.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-31-2008, 04:48 PM

I hope I'm detecting a bit of sarcasm there...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 04:48 PM
As long as we don't see the Ben that made that horrible throw in the redzone on Sunday that got picked off because he threw it behind Heath I'll be happy..LOL

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 04:52 PM
I hope I'm detecting a bit of sarcasm there...I say its the wind, and I know the ref's try and cheat us all the time. watch them when the spot the ball. always rubbing their fingers behind their ears like pitchers in MLB, then rubbing something on the ball....lol

Scalaid6
01-01-2009, 03:34 AM
As long as we don't see the Ben that made that horrible throw in the redzone on Sunday that got picked off because he threw it behind Heath I'll be happy..LOL

What you just said is fact but is deemed Ben bashing by some members.