PDA

View Full Version : What's your level of confidence?

Iron City South
12-30-2008, 04:40 PM
On a scale of 1-10 ..... 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, what's your level of confidence that this 2008 Steelers team has what it takes to get to Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on Feburary 1st 2009?

I'll be perfectly honest, I'm not at all confident that our O-line has what it takes to win the next 3 at this level? ..... Defense, no worries ..... it's an entirely different feeling. We definately have a SB caliber D .....

Overall, I'm a 5 right now ...........

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Well it changes with whom we will play round one...But with our Defense i'm at about a 7.5

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I`m a
I like our chances!
We haven`t been blown out, we`ve been in every game!
Ben at times, especially
with the game on the line, has come up huge.
That will continue!
Our defense? No Worries!
Our Offense? Some, but not enough.
I`m thinking about our SBXL run through the playoffs, on the road!
Ben came up huge! Against Cinci, Denver, and Indy.
We have a week off, we have a home game, maybe 2 home games.
Steelers Roll!
Steelers Rule!
Am I a homer? Probably, but our defense will give us every oppurtunity that we need.

AZ_Steeler
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I would have to say my CL is a 5 as well... as you said the D is already there and it's going to depend on the offense. As someone else stated here the O is ranked last amongst all playoffs teams and there D has carried the Steelers especially down the stretch. Right now there are too many unknowns, such as Ben and his concussion... how will he respond? Will he being seeing things in a fog and feel like he one step away every time he tries to do something? Can he drop back and deliver the ball to make the offense look somewhat effective and how he has was able to do so late in the game against the Ravens.

We all know he holds the ball to long trying to make something happen, which in turn makes the o-line look bad. Can Parker elevate his level play at least two notches? There are just so many unknowns right now with the offense that I'm not confident... My 5 would be lower but since the D is just that damn good it's what is carrying my 5 right now. As long as the D can hold strong and the O not put the D in a position where the back is against the wall then this Steelers team has a chance.

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2008, 05:01 PM
It will all depend on whether or not Ben and this offense can stop turning the ball over in key situations like it has done so many times this season especially in all 4 losses the Steelers have had. If the defense plays like it has all year and the offense starting with Ben doesnot turn the ball over I give the Steelers chances of getting to Tampa about an 8.5.

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I really think I feel 9 or 10 based on the Def and Ben being able to pull big games out. I know we got stomped by the titans, but I think they only added fuel to the fire, and set them selves up for failer in a rematch against us. If we play the Colts, then the Titans I really feel 10+. I like our chances against any team that we have lost too this year. The Steelers are always great in rematches, and this year should be no different. At least against the Golts, and Giants. The Dolphins, Chargers, and Ravens could be more dangerous, but we should clean them out too. 12-4, with the toughest schedule since the 1976 Giants is bad ***, and this team finds ways to win games. I feel strong that we will be holding our 6th trophy at the end of the year, and this Def unit will be looked at as the greatest of all time.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.......

ejsteeler
12-30-2008, 05:06 PM
I'll go with an 8. We have everything it takes to do it, but will it be used properly...that is the question. I think the vets of this team pull the group together and get it done IN SPITE OF our other problems. :cope:

And I am in fact a self-admitted homer and proud of it. :yesnod: :bunny:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Based on our defense and special teams coverage unit's Im a 10 but when you factor in the inconsistent offense it drops to probably a 7 right now. We'll just have to wait and see how well the offense adapts in the playoffs and how many big plays the defense can come up with to set the offense up in good field position.

Ambridge
12-30-2008, 06:04 PM
I'll say 4.

Obviously the Defense is Superb but I don't think it's enough to cover-up the glaring weakness of the offensive line, an Idiot for an OC, a non-factor running game and a Hot and Cold Quarterback.

Sooner or later something has got to give and that's why I refuse to get too excited about the Steelers in the playoffs.

The Steelers might win their first round game but I think that's as far as they get.

BlitzburghNation
12-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Guess i'll go with :thinking: 6
Like everyone's stated our "D" will give us a chance,,,,,,,,,My biggest worry is Ben turning the ball over ,,,,,, if he doesn't throw picks,I would give us an 8

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 07:15 PM
I'll say 4.

Obviously the Defense is Superb but I don't think it's enough to cover-up the glaring weakness of the offensive line, an Idiot for an OC, a non-factor running game and a Hot and Cold Quarterback.

Sooner or later something has got to give and that's why I refuse to get too excited about the Steelers in the playoffs.

The Steelers might win their first round game but I think that's as far as they get.

I like how Amber described our Qb (HOT AND COLD) I think that describes him to the T. I'd like to adopt that. Our line is fine IF Ben stays in the pocket. The moment he runs out to the right or left the defense goes with him and the Lineman cant see what Bens doing but the defenders can. This hurts the blocking scheme. MAKE NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. We are the best team in the league. I'm not saying that because I'm a fan. We are. The only thing that evens the playing field is turnovers. We dont need a SUPER qb on this team. All we need is a game manager. Get first downs, dont make mistakes, give the D the rest and NOBODY beats us. My confidence level is at 7

Iron City South
12-30-2008, 07:28 PM
MAKE NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. We are the best team in the league. I'm not saying that because I'm a fan. We are.

Was this you just before you typed that?

http://www.adamish.com/images/weird/bong.jpg

jpele
12-30-2008, 07:55 PM
I'll have to say 10.

Not being a homer,but we've already played the best the NFL has to offer. Other than the Eagles game we've been right there, if not for turnovers ,they were all games we could have won.

steelers4life66
12-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Well, even with our o-line not the best in the business if we could establish the run game I'm thinking 8. If the running game doesn't pull its weight I'm giving it a 3.5

Zachintosh66
12-30-2008, 08:02 PM
hmmm...

Defense = 10
Offense = 4
ST = 7
Total Average 10+4+7 = 21/3= 7

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 08:04 PM
What many of you have mentioned is right on the money, it's all about turnovers. If we don't give the ball away our defense will keep us in the game for the entire time. We just have to take advantage of the opportunities and score TD's not FG's. There's really only 1 high powered offense in the AFC right now that will want to throw the ball all over creation and that's Indy. All the other teams like to run it and be balanced which is good for us.

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 08:06 PM
hmmm...

Defense = 10
Offense = 4
ST = 7
Total Average 10+4+7 = 21/3= 7Nice way to do it, cant argue it because I suck at math....lol

JensK
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
heading into the playoffs, im around 5. ben is injured, our offence sucks. Only thing that win games for us is defence and they havnt even been that dominating last two games. It could rise greatly though if we win our first game :P

yinzer
12-30-2008, 09:22 PM
good ben 8.5
bad ben 5

BlitzburghNation
12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
good ben 8.5
bad ben 5

Well said,,,,,:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 11:54 PM
the more I think about this the more I wonder just what this team is capable of. My heart says hell yeah we're the Steelers we can beat anybody anytime, we've got the defense to win a championship.

Then my brain says, are we capable of stepping up a notch and really rising to the occasion with our backs against the wall? We shall I see I guess.

DanRooney
12-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Good Ben: 10
Bad Ben: 4

HUNT4SEVEN
12-30-2008, 11:57 PM
10 plus, my only worry is will we shoot ourselves in the foot on offense:tt02:

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 11:58 PM
the more I think about this the more I wonder just what this team is capable of. My heart says hell yeah we're the Steelers we can beat anybody anytime, we've got the defense to win a championship.

Then my brain says, are we capable of stepping up a notch and really rising to the occasion with our backs against the wall? We shall I see I guess.

TG to me, we always play better when our backs are against the wall. I really think that Ben will play well, he did have the pick last game, but other than they he played fine. He had a nice TD called back. And he completed the pass that he got hurt on. He is a gamer. Once again if Ben is able to call more of his own plays, thatg will help!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2009, 04:04 AM
This team needs to come out with a chip on it's shoulder and realize what's at stake and play with wreckless abandon like there's no tomorrow. If we come out and punch them in the mouth right from the opening kickoff, I like our chances. The health of guys like Ben, Clark, Carter, and others are coming along well and we should be as prepared as possible for this matchup. I like our chances but it won't be easy even at home.

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 04:18 AM
I read alot of uncertainty and rightfully so. NO TEAM is better than us on paper but out of all the qbs in the playoffs we have the one who turns the ball over the most and we all know that turnovers are crucial in the playoffs. If Ben plays bad Tomlin will get the blame for playing him vs the Browns (concussion). Whoever we play the stakes are higher and DESPITE all the facts I post about Ben may seem like I dont like the guy but thats not true. I have confidence in Ben WHEN BEN IS FOCUSED But that guy that steps on the field with that "far away look" thats the one that worries me. 2nd half Ben vs the Jags last season is the guy I want to see 90% of the time. If that guy shows up WE WILL WIN #6 as we should.

augustashark
01-03-2009, 05:11 AM

Who wears that number, that's where my confidence level is. Goes without saying, as he goes so does the Steelers.

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 07:54 AM

Who wears that number, that's where my confidence level is. Goes without saying, as he goes so does the Steelers.

I have to disagree. Ben has had a bad season BUT the team has not. We are 12-4 despite the 23 turnovers by Ben. We have won in spite of him. The cliche "as he goes we go" does not apply to this team. This team is special and all we need is a game manager to bring home the trophy. Take what the defense gives us, move the chains and take care of the ball and do what Dilfer did with the Ravens.

Steelersfan
01-03-2009, 10:05 AM
I have to disagree. Ben has had a bad season BUT the team has not. We are 12-4 despite the 23 turnovers by Ben. We have won in spite of him. The cliche "as he goes we go" does not apply to this team. This team is special and all we need is a game manager to bring home the trophy. Take what the defense gives us, move the chains and take care of the ball and do what Dilfer did with the Ravens.

Correction, Ben has had 4 bad games. That does not equal a bad season.

Stairwayto7
01-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I read alot of uncertainty and rightfully so. NO TEAM is better than us on paper but out of all the qbs in the playoffs we have the one who turns the ball over the most and we all know that turnovers are crucial in the playoffs. If Ben plays bad Tomlin will get the blame for playing him vs the Browns (concussion). Whoever we play the stakes are higher and DESPITE all the facts I post about Ben may seem like I dont like the guy but thats not true. I have confidence in Ben WHEN BEN IS FOCUSED But that guy that steps on the field with that "far away look" thats the one that worries me. 2nd half Ben vs the Jags last season is the guy I want to see 90% of the time. If that guy shows up WE WILL WIN #6 as we should.

I disagree, about no team is better than us on paper. Tenn, has a solid D, great running game, and descent passing game.
Balt. has been playing exceptional on both sides of the ball.
Indy another team that really got thier crap together.

This is no cake walk, regardless of how well Ben plays.

ejsteeler
01-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Execution. That's what it will come down to. From Ben to the RB's to the WR's to the lines it will all come down to that. Execute with the crispness we have seen in spurts throughout the year and we can roll into #6. :2cents:

steelerschick1220
01-03-2009, 01:54 PM
I am a 10!!!!!!! I have every cinfidence that every player on this team(including Ben) will come out and play to their full potential. I still think we will make it to the Super Bowl. I will be horribly dissapointed if we don't make it there.

SteelerSteve
01-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I'll go ahead and say an 8.5. I really think that we are the best team in the AFC when our offense is clicking. I am confident with what the stakes are that the offense will play like they have a fire lit under their *** and surprise the hell out of alot of people. I really see us going to the big game this year and pulling it out.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm just going to enjoy the play-off game no matter what the outcome is........To many times in the past I get so worked up watching the Steelers during the regular season and especially the play-offs that I act like a maniac which tainted my enjoyment of the games.....I made a decision after the Titans loss to just enjoy the play-offs even if the Steelers lose......Trust me I would want nothing more for this team to win their 6th Lombardi......

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-03-2009, 02:11 PM
10 with good good Ben ,7 with bad Ben.
We were in every game except the Eagles game. That game was early in the year so the team wasn't playing as "together" . The other three losses we were in until the end of those games. We have been preparing for the playoffs more so than any other team in the league with the schedule we have played!! I don't believe that there were too many people looking at us to finish at 12-4 this year with our schedule. Time to believe people and let's hope for the best !!! :tt02::tt02:

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Correction, Ben has had 4 bad games. That does not equal a bad season.

17 tds and 16int plus 7 fumbles lost (23 turnovers) is a BAD season by his standards. Sorry

JensK
01-03-2009, 05:16 PM
17 tds and 16int plus 23 seasons is a BAD season by his standards. Sorry

12 wins is 12 wins, no matter how you put it :) As long as he does just enough to get us the wins, well then thats all fine! :P

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I disagree, about no team is better than us on paper. Tenn, has a solid D, great running game, and descent passing game.
Balt. has been playing exceptional on both sides of the ball.
Indy another team that really got thier crap together.

This is no cake walk, regardless of how well Ben plays.

WE are better than all of those teams HANDS down. Beat the Ravens twice (should have blew them out had the offense stepped up), Had the Colts but turnovers killed us. Neck and neck with the Titans until once again, turnovers. WE are better than any team in the AFC.

--- Added 1/3/2009 at 03:19 PM ---

I'm just going to enjoy the play-off game no matter what the outcome is........To many times in the past I get so worked up watching the Steelers during the regular season and especially the play-offs that I act like a maniac which tainted my enjoyment of the games.....I made a decision after the Titans loss to just enjoy the play-offs even if the Steelers lose......Trust me I would want nothing more for this team to win their 6th Lombardi......

Boy do I wish I could be like you! But I cant. On gameday I am drum tight

Steeler Power
01-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Balanced attack. I go with a 10. More than one turnover I say a 3.