PDA

View Full Version : The Dallas Cowboys Reportedly Laughed and Played Games on the Plane Ride From Philly

Deb
12-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I have been a cowboys fan for a lot of years....I have been suffered thru some bad teams. I remember when Aikman went 1-15. The QC/HUTCH/Henson/Bledsoe. Troy Hambrick... ...Gailey, Switzer..all the bad stuff and never considered not being fan. Today...I am coming close. Even when they were bad.....there was always a pride. Today I have no answers anymore. I was sick to my stomach after that game and they are playing games. If Jerry keeps Wade...I need to rethink my fandom LOL

The Dallas Cowboys Reportedly Laughed and Played Games on the Plane Ride From Philly (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/12/30/the-dallas-cowboys-reportedly-laughed-and-played-games-on-the-pl/)

Posted Dec 30th 2008 10:35AM by Will Brinson (http://www.fanhouse.com/bloggers/will-brinson/) (author feed (http://www.fanhouse.com/bloggers/will-brinson/rss.xml))
Filed under: Cowboys (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/team/dallas-cowboys/), NFL Eliminated Teams (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/team/eliminated-nfl-teams/), NFL Media Watch (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/team/nfl-media-watch/), NFL Rumors (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/team/nfl-rumors/)

The Dallas Cowboys, based on their 44-6 beatdown at the hands of the Eagles, should have boarded their plane from Philadelphia back to Big D, sat in silence for how many ever hours it took before they landed, and then, without speaking to one another, slowly walked away from the plane and climbed in their individual, expensive automobiles.

Talking, playing games and laughing -- after that whipping -- should be things reserved for a later date. But, according to second hand radio reports (http://www.dallassportsfans.com/2008/12/cowboys-laughing-acting-like-last-day-of-school-on-return-trip-from-philadelphia/) (so, yeah, grain of salt and what not) they were all smiles, giggles and games on the way back to Texas Sunday night.
[1310 The Ticket's Mike Friedo] described the scene as "like the last day of school", with dominoes being played in the back and lots of laughing and carrying on. He said that he was reluctant to say anything, seeing as how the Cowboys are nice enough to allow media members on the charter, and that only leads me to believe that he may have muted the reality of what was actually going on. Friedo did not mention any specific names, nor did he say if alcohol was flowing, but he made it pretty clear that if you did not know who won the Cowboys-Eagles game, you just might assume it was the Cowboys from their conduct on the plane.
Presuming this is true, it's a pretty awkward situation for the Cowboys, in that it firmly shows just how out of control the team is under Captain Cupcake Wade Phillips (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/tag/WadePhillips/) and goes a pretty good way towards explaining why Dallas hasn't wont a playoff game since saxophones and cigars ruled the world.

But hey, they barely make any money, and they did play really hard this year, so it's hard to begrudge them too much, even if this is true.

ejsteeler
12-30-2008, 01:36 PM
I feel your pain Deb. If this were true and was my team, I would be highly upset. But it is Dallas, so.....:dunno: :lol:

steelersgal86
12-30-2008, 01:39 PM
you can always come on over to the black and gold side :greengrin:
:

Deb
12-30-2008, 01:44 PM
I feel your pain Deb. If this were true and was my team, I would be highly upset. But it is Dallas, so.....:dunno: :lol:

Thanks. LOL See you guys a bit later

KSSteelerfan
12-30-2008, 03:09 PM
If a picture were worth a thousand words, if what is being reported is true....obviously the Cowboys are not all that upset over this loss. What was their attitude or demeanor like for all of those other losses? If this is any indication I guess the Cowboys are not really that serious about playing football and winning for their fan base.

Deb, sorry to hear about this disturbing report from a journalistic eyewitness to this regrettable attitude on the Cowboys part.

As someone mentioned earlier you could always come over to the Black and Gold. :yellowthumb:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Well if this story is true..it's not surprising.That team has showed dysfunction since game 1.I think the whole Pacman crap was a mistake and was a distraction to that team..you already have the biggest baby in football on your team and then you bring in a loser like pacman..not once but twice..that's a recipe for disaster.Wade seems like a nice guy but i think is way too soft to be at the helm of that team.With those ego's you need someone to keep them in check.Sorry about your season Deb..but i hate the Cowboys!..:greengrin:

Deb
12-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I would like them to pick up a back up QB that can play. Then when Romo's head isnt
there or it's up his ***..pull him and put someone in . They don't have that option anymore. I remember even Aikman always looking over his shoulder at someone...Walsh or whoever cuz that was J Johnson. They need to play like they need a job or they are gonna get cut. Kinda like what Singletary is doing I guess. I dont know if they just believed so much of their own hype in the offseason that when they began to NOT win they were befuddled and still thought they were JUST good enough to pull out of it. Well they weren't. I'll get over it LOL Just venting.

kgreen
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
:lol::lol:They would......

I love seeing this team lose!!!!:clap:

BR7
12-30-2008, 05:55 PM
I bet the ones that were laughing were watching the replay of the game. I know I did, lol. I got just as much satisfaction watching that blow out as I did watching the Brownies lay a goose egg.

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
I really dont have in issue with them having fun on the way home. This game is suppose to be fun, and they lost...No one died, and no one was hurt. This is football, and teams choke all the time. I see no reason for feeling sorry for yourselves, there's nothing to be gained by that. The season is over, and so too are the Cowboys hopes for a championship. Its a long season that crashed around their ankles. Football players, even the Cowboys share a brotherhood that runs deep inside of them, and losing should never change that. Hats off to them for being able to have fun after one of the worst beatdowns in their teams history. Losing should never change the person that you are, and you should never hold your head in shame. Walk tall, and laugh it off because you cant change it. Let everyone around you know that in your heart you are and always will be a champion, and that you will be back to conquer all next season. Just make sure that you let the fans know that you will be doing it wiothout T.O, and Romo.....

BlitzburghNation
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Got a good friendin Tex :moon: that's a die hard cryboys fan and I hate it for you guys,,,, but as you know any true STEELER fan hates them,including me :yesnod:

Like I've told my hashbrown friends & family,,,,,,,You'll be much happier on the darkside !

Have some :shots: Then go to the crapper and http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/smileytoilet.gif them outta your system and pick up a terrible towel & wave it next weekend & you'll feel the power of the darkside and you'll have a much better new year http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/avatar_4994.gif

TampaSteelGirl
12-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Man that was a bad arse whipping! THis is the 3rd year in a row that Tony Romo has contributed to a f*ck up and no playoffs! First year was when he couldn't get the ball down for the kicker, then last year was the game where everyone thought it was Jessical Simpsons fault and now this year....They need to get someone else to QB the game before the playoffs! Word has it they want to get rid of T.O.....Good call, he's too disruptive for this team! Bawl baby!!!

Deb i'm sure you'd look much better in Black & Gold anyway!!!

NCSteeler
12-31-2008, 05:01 AM
Wade is a numb nuts when it comes to controling the idiots and running a whole team. Also outside of Defense you have no real leaders in the locker room.

steelerschick1220
12-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Wade Phillips couldn't run a football team if his life depended it. What a joke of a team. And until they get a new coach, I fear it will remain this way.

SteelerSteve
12-31-2008, 01:13 PM
I really dont have in issue with them having fun on the way home. This game is suppose to be fun, and they lost...No one died, and no one was hurt. This is football, and teams choke all the time. I see no reason for feeling sorry for yourselves, there's nothing to be gained by that. The season is over, and so too are the Cowboys hopes for a championship. Its a long season that crashed around their ankles. Football players, even the Cowboys share a brotherhood that runs deep inside of them, and losing should never change that. Hats off to them for being able to have fun after one of the worst beatdowns in their teams history. Losing should never change the person that you are, and you should never hold your head in shame. Walk tall, and laugh it off because you cant change it. Let everyone around you know that in your heart you are and always will be a champion, and that you will be back to conquer all next season. Just make sure that you let the fans know that you will be doing it wiothout T.O, and Romo.....
I kinda have to agree. I'm sure they werent laughing and screwing around because they were happy about getting their asses kicked, more likely they accepted the fact that the season is over and that now they get to go back and party it up. After all if I had money like those guys I know that I would do the same.

steelers4life66
12-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Got a good friendin Tex :moon: that's a die hard cryboys fan and I hate it for you guys,,,, but as you know any true STEELER fan hates them,including me :yesnod:

Like I've told my hashbrown friends & family,,,,,,,You'll be much happier on the darkside !

Have some :shots: Then go to the crapper and http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/smileytoilet.gif them outta your system and pick up a terrible towel & wave it next weekend & you'll feel the power of the darkside and you'll have a much better new year http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/avatar_4994.gif:haha:

Deb
12-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Well I agree its not life and death and the ride home wasn't it. If that was an isolated thing and I'd say yeah...party on. You are right. But I think its a symptom of bigger things. I read this yesterday and it kinda sums it up

From Fannation.com

"When I read reports about players laughing in the locker room after the worst Dallas loss in decades, fighting with each other on the plane, fighting with fans back at home, calling each other out, arguing on the field, questioning the coaching, game planning and play calling, I know this is a fractured franchise. Forget about all the penalties, mental mistakes, errors, sloppy play, missed blocks, blown assignments, poorly run routes, dropped passes, fumbles, and interceptions. That's all bad enough. However, when frustration spills over on to the field, the locker room, the plane, and outside the stadium, it's obvious this group is on the verge of a self-destructive collapse of epic proportions. Next year is going to be ugly.

But it's like I always say, Frankenstein is not the name of the monster. It's the name of the mad scientist who created the monster. And his name is Jerry Jones. It's going to take years, maybe decades, before the Cowboys return to the winning standards set by Landry and Johnson. Until such time, they will only be a national joke, and a bad one at that."

-The Soothsayer (http://www.fannation.com/users/view_user_profile/647119), Edinburg , TX

Hburg
01-03-2009, 02:42 AM

I kinda have to agree. I'm sure they werent laughing and screwing around because they were happy about getting their asses kicked, more likely they accepted the fact that the season is over and that now they get to go back and party it up. After all if I had money like those guys I know that I would do the same.

I have to disagree with you guys. Sure, you lose a game you move on, but such a blaise attitude toward success is the opposite of any sporting franchise. It was a division game, against a rival. They had control of their destiny. They have many decent, and outstanding players on both sides of the ball. They are not paid to play football, if that were the case I could get a job in the NFL. I can play football. They are paid to win at football, just like every other player and coach in the NFL. The Cowboys have dropped bank on superstar (and in the case of Romo and a few others I use that term loosely), and they were not paid play football, they were paid to win. Also, professional athletes at time are known for being proud, etc. That pride shouldn't be left in the locker room, your job, the work you perform/complete, is something to be proud of, something that signifies accomplishment. Losing a game shouldn't make you doubt your abilities (and I'm sure TO doesn't doubt his....but he'll blame the rest of the team for lacking in ability), but it should make you upset enough that you want to review, analyze, and adjust so that you can win next time. A plane ride home after the game would be the prime opportunity to remind those players of their failure while it was still fresh in their minds ("You guys lost to a team that tied the Bengals!").

All of this speaks volumes on the condition of the franchise. Jerry Jones wants people talking about the Cowboys, to be the center of attention, because that is free advertising to bolster more sales for the team. After a certain point however, there can only be so much negative attention before it becomes commonplace and the public rights off a team. Deb's wavering on her fandom (Deb, become a Steelers fan!) is a good example. Tabloid headlines do not and should not serve as a replacement for actual headlines. The public and the media didn't pay attention to the Browns or the Cardinals until they started winning (in this case the media has already forgotten about the Browns, their 10-6 season last year might as well be eons ago). If the Cowboys are not careful they will join the ranks of laughable franchises as more and more poor decisions are made that spirals the team to the dungeons of Detroit, and Cleveland lore.

Last note: Jerry got rid of Bill Parcells, and kept TO. Now Parcells turned the 1-15 Dolphins into an 11-5 playoff bound team in one year. Do you think Parcells would've allowed the players to play games on the plane after not playing in the game on the field? Either way, we all now get to enjoy the off-season antics and tabloid converage of the soap opera known as "Dallas."

BuFu

steelers4life66
01-03-2009, 02:50 AM
I have to disagree with you guys. Sure, you lose a game you move on, but such a blaise attitude toward success is the opposite of any sporting franchise. It was a division game, against a rival. They had control of their destiny. They have many decent, and outstanding players on both sides of the ball. They are not paid to play football, if that were the case I could get a job in the NFL. I can play football. They are paid to win at football, just like every other player and coach in the NFL. The Cowboys have dropped bank on superstar (and in the case of Romo and a few others I use that term loosely), and they were not paid play football, they were paid to win. Also, professional athletes at time are known for being proud, etc. That pride shouldn't be left in the locker room, your job, the work you perform/complete, is something to be proud of, something that signifies accomplishment. Losing a game shouldn't make you doubt your abilities (and I'm sure TO doesn't doubt his....but he'll blame the rest of the team for lacking in ability), but it should make you upset enough that you want to review, analyze, and adjust so that you can win next time. A plane ride home after the game would be the prime opportunity to remind those players of their failure while it was still fresh in their minds ("You guys lost to a team that tied the Bengals!").

All of this speaks volumes on the condition of the franchise. Jerry Jones wants people talking about the Cowboys, to be the center of attention, because that is free advertising to bolster more sales for the team. After a certain point however, there can only be so much negative attention before it becomes commonplace and the public rights off a team. Deb's wavering on her fandom (Deb, become a Steelers fan!) is a good example. Tabloid headlines do not and should not serve as a replacement for actual headlines. The public and the media didn't pay attention to the Browns or the Cardinals until they started winning (in this case the media has already forgotten about the Browns, their 10-6 season last year might as well be eons ago). If the Cowboys are not careful they will join the ranks of laughable franchises as more and more poor decisions are made that spirals the team to the dungeons of Detroit, and Cleveland lore.

Last note: Jerry got rid of Bill Parcells, and kept TO. Now Parcells turned the 1-15 Dolphins into an 11-5 playoff bound team in one year. Do you think Parcells would've allowed the players to play games on the plane after not playing in the game on the field? Either way, we all now get to enjoy the off-season antics and tabloid converage of the soap opera known as "Dallas."

BuFu:clap::toot::clap:

popstaala
01-03-2009, 02:52 AM
comon deb... what can you possibly do to change the outcome of that game? the boys lost and they got over it and you should too...