PDA

View Full Version : 09 Draft Order

BlackGold4vr
12-30-2008, 10:25 AM
The 2009 draft order is out and the Steelers are **** out of luck. We are drafting in the 31st spot. The only team picking after us is the Titans. What that means is that we better be making some deals if we want to even get a sniff at one of this years top tackles. I guess thats the price you pay for being a good team! :yesnod:

There is a note stating order could change based upon playoff results. Hopefully any change would have us moving back to the 32nd spot. (that would mean we won the SB)

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-4-620/Lions-to-pick-first--20th-in-first-round.html

MDSteel15
12-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Hopefully this will allow us to take the best center in the draft and anchor down the line for years to come!

BlackGold4vr
12-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Hopefully this will allow us to take the best center in the draft and anchor down the line for years to come!

Alex Mack?

Thomas_43
01-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Alex Mack seems like the best center to me. Unger is a close second. I would love to see us go Mack/Loadholt in the 1st and 2nd or Duke Robinson/Loadholt. If we could land those to guys together who already have great chemistry anchoring Oklahoma's O-Line left side I think we would be in GREAT shape.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Mark my words Loadholt will fall to the third round or possible to the 2nd day of the draft.....

K Train
01-07-2009, 01:17 AM
i thought the last few spots were determined how the playoffs shaped up, like if we were to lose this week then the teams that move on to the NFC and AFC championship games would then pick after us?

$teelersRule
01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
i thought the last few spots were determined how the playoffs shaped up, like if we were to lose this week then the teams that move on to the NFC and AFC championship games would then pick after us?

thats true, the final 8 spots still have to be determined

I Steel Believe
01-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how it works, but the SB winner always picks #32 and the loser picks #31.
However, after that, I use to think it went by order of exit from post season, but I don't think it neccessarily works that way. I think the playoff teams always pick after non-playoff teams, but I could be wrong about that. A team like SD might still end up picking around 16th even though they made the playoffs and many teams picking after them didn't. Not sure though.

DIESELMAN
01-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Go to this link, it explains how it all works. Playoff teams basically draft according to their record unless they make it to the SB. If another team that didn't make the playoffs has the same record as one that did, they pick before the playoff team. If SD doesn't make it to the SB, they still pick at #16.

2009 Draft Order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft#Current_draft_order)

MDSteel15
01-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Alex Mack?

Yep! :grin1: