PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2009 Opponents released!

Iron City South
12-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Home Games:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Oakland
San Diego
Green Bay
Minnesota
Tennessee

Away Games:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Denver
K.C
Chicago
Detroit
Miami

I'm loving this ..... :tt02:

BlitzburghNation
12-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah,,,,this is a light weight schedule and we should be an even stronger team next year !
Can anyone say AFC north champs again :popcorn:

BlackGold4vr
12-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Home Games:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Oakland
San Diego
Green Bay
Minnesota
Tennessee

Away Games:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Denver
K.C
Chicago
Detroit
Miami

One mans fortune is another mans misfortune! My wife was really hoping that the San Diego or the Oakland games would be away games so we could go. Looks like Denver is as far west as they come. :rant2:

She even said she doesn't care how much the tickets cost she wanted to go!

Steel Trap86
12-29-2008, 10:14 PM
hahaaaaa toughest schedule in 08, one of the easiest in 09 and we'll be a stronger better team next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2008, 10:18 PM
After what we went through this year that schedule is definitely a lot easier on the eyes atleast on the initial outlook.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-29-2008, 11:48 PM
We have an Habit of playing to the level of our opponents:yesnod:, i hope we play well an with the focus we played with this year:imho:

AZ_Steeler
12-30-2008, 12:23 AM
My wife was really hoping that the San Diego or the Oakland games would be away games so we could go. Looks like Denver is as far west as they come. :rant2:
I'm with you guys on that one! There is the Denver game :D

First glance and you think WOW! That looks easy!!! I see a few games on that list that might be harder than we think right now.

acero
12-30-2008, 01:06 AM
when are the oficial schedules with dates release? july??

i was in pittsburgh for the san diego game, my first ever steeler game, and now im itching to go again i cant wait

:tt02:

jev7452
12-30-2008, 01:09 AM
yeah i like the looks of this schedule much more than the current one.. i get one home game a year, this past season i was at the cowgirls game and i'm thinking maybe the green bay slackers will be my visit to heinz field in '09

JensK
12-30-2008, 06:15 AM
Im sorry, but this is not an easy schedule... It is not as hard as 08, for sure, but a lot of these teams have been quiet alright this year and have definetly shown potential. I think we'll get our hands full in 09, but thats all good! :) I really hate those easy schedules. Not fun to watch.

Number99
12-30-2008, 09:21 AM
can't wait for the Tenn game if the Steelers don't meet them again in the playoffs

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Definately not as tough as 08, should be a good year to get whatever Oline upgrades we put together in the offseason a chance to gel.With Delicious back at full strength should be another AFC North title again next year!

kgreen
12-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Home Games:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Oakland
San Diego
Green Bay
Minnesota
Tennessee

Away Games:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Denver
K.C
Chicago
Detroit
Miami

That home schedule looks good right now. The away schedule looks a little tougher. Chicago won't be an easy road game and neither will Denver. I don't care how average their team may play, winning in Mile High is never easy. A first return trip to Detriot since SB XL will be nice. Miami improved this year, but I'm not sold yet. The home game against the Titans will be a big game regardless of whether or not we play them in the AFC title game. The San Diego game won't be easy since they always give us fits. Everyone knows what to expect from our division rivals. The Browns and Bengals will suck while I think the Ravens will give us some fits, but that defense is looking old. Old Man Ray is starting slow. Once they lose him, that defense will lose most of its fire IMO. Playing the NFC Norris Division is nice. We swept them in 2005 and I see no reason why we can't do it next year.

It looks more managable across the board so far.

Zachintosh66
12-30-2008, 03:32 PM
fine ill say it... 16-0 next year! :lol:

steelerschick1220
12-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Compared to this years.......holy crap that is a cupcake schedule. Of course things may be diffferent a couple months from now, but as of right now I see no reason why we couldn't win 13 or 14 games.

vidaliasteelerfan
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Maybe we will draw Detroit on Turkey Day!!

Steel Trap86
01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Im sorry, but this is not an easy schedule... It is not as hard as 08, for sure, but a lot of these teams have been quiet alright this year and have definetly shown potential. I think we'll get our hands full in 09, but thats all good! :) I really hate those easy schedules. Not fun to watch.

Well nobody really knows how these teams are gonna do next year, hell I wouldnt be surprised if next year was the year the Raiders finally got it together, but judging by most of these teams performances this year and based on our schedule this year, this line-up is a ****ing breeze!

:cope:

I Steel Believe
01-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Maybe we will draw Detroit on Turkey Day!!

I hope not. But now that you mention it, I have a weird feeling it will happen that way.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm just pumped the Steelers play in both Chicago and Detroit.......I'm 55 miles from Chicago so I will be there representing the Stiller Nation proudly at Soldiers Field.......I also plan to attend the Lions game....I'm only 4 hours from Detroit.....

memphissteelergirl
01-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Cool! Wouldn't mind spending a long weekend in the CHI! :yellowthumb:
Just hope the game won't be in November or December! LOL

lloydfan4life
01-05-2009, 11:58 AM
fine ill say it... 16-0 next year! :lol:

:duh:

blackngold29
01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
hahaaaaa toughest schedule in 08, one of the easiest in 09 and we'll be a stronger better team next year.

That's true, but hopefully players don't take it lightly. It could end up working against us.

Stairwayto7
01-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Nice! I likes it

SteelCityMan786
01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
when are the oficial schedules with dates release? july??

i was in pittsburgh for the san diego game, my first ever steeler game, and now im itching to go again i cant wait

:tt02:

April is the release.

roadwarriors
01-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Well it looks like another road to the AFC North Div. Champs. We need to protect Ben't trust our alot better than we are doing right now. we can't afford Ben to go down. I really dont trust our back ups. When we play Minnesota and Tennessee we need to protect him alot better and have our running game to work to take of pressure from Ben.:tt02:

Roadkill
01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
14 -2 or 15-1 either way

Ray Ray
01-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Your 3 toughest non-division opponents Minnesota, Tennessee, and San Diego are all at Pittsburgh. That is very nice for yall.

Axeman
01-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Imma take my nephew to that lions game, he is a Lions fan.

I Steel Believe
01-23-2009, 04:42 AM
Also, because Indi & NE finished in 2nd place in their divisions, the Ravens will play them, while we get Tenn & Mia.
:yellowthumb:

navychappy58
01-24-2009, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=Iron City South;260400]Home Games:

Baltimore 11-5
Cincinnati 4-11-1
Cleveland 4-12
Oakland 5-11
San Diego 8-8
Green Bay 6-10
Minnesota 10-6
Tennessee 13-3

Away Games:

Baltimore 11-5
Cincinnati 4-11-1
Cleveland 4-12
Denver 8-8
K.C 2-14
Chicago 9-7
Detroit 0-16
Miami 11-5

This looks like a better schedule, but it will still be tough. Teams that have loosing seasons the year before are always playing harder to be winners and are a threat...Teams that have winning seasons can be hard too as they are attempting to prove last season was not a fluke.

The Ravens were swept last year, and will be out to prove something against the Steelers...The Bungals will be trying to prove that last year was a fluke...The Browns are just hurt by loosing to the Steelers twice and want to hurt us!

This schedule should allow us to have another shot at the Super Bowl, and after winning 43, we could go back to back and win 44 too, being the only team with 7 Lombardi Trophys!!!

rayscb3
01-24-2009, 09:23 PM
:cope::tt02: It will be a lot easier to watch next year!!!!:cope::bigthumb:

SportChick8
01-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Looks like a great schedule, although I am sure a few of those teams will be tougher than we can see right now.....

STEELER 4 LIFE
01-25-2009, 11:26 PM
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH NEXT YEARS SCHEDULE, BUT I WOULDN'T CALL IT EASY. IT
LOOKS LIKE OUR TOUGHEST GAMES WILL BE AT HOME (MINN,BAL,GB,TENN,SD). WE
HAVE TO GET OUR O-LINE UP TO PAR,WE NEED SOME BIG NASTIES.

ToothAche
01-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Can't wait to see em in Chi-town!

Andalusi
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
OH MY GOD they are coming to Miami!!! :tt02: How soon will I know the date and when can I buy tickets? :bunny:

Steelerlyn
01-30-2009, 08:56 PM
OMG they are coming to Detriot!~

Rnightv
01-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Easy, maybe not but I see no reason next year should not be at least another division championship.

Roadkill
02-04-2009, 12:07 PM
One of the hardest NFL schedules in 08 to the 4th easiest in 09 Good thing Coach T and the boys wont take it litely

TampaSteelGirl
02-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Thank God!! Nice season however I think it's more sweet having won the Super Bowl after playing toughest schedule in the NFL....shows we are definately for REAL!!! :yellowthumb:

--- Added 2/4/2009 at 11:56 AM ---

OH MY GOD they are coming to Miami!!! :tt02: How soon will I know the date and when can I buy tickets? :bunny:

I know..may have to make a tiny trip to Miami for the game!!! :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Ok.......Teams like the Dolphins have showed they can bounce back strong after a year of sucking....They went from 1 win to making the play-offs in one year.......So really its to say how easy this schedule is.......It looks easier then 2008 no doubt but who knows some of these teams on this schedule might surprise....I'm just glad the Steelers are playing in Chicago and Detroit........I'm only 55 miles from Chicago and probably 4 hours from Detroit.....So I plan on attending both games....Hell Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bleed black n gold
02-04-2009, 11:29 PM
can you say stairway to seven baby!!!!!

steel4life
02-06-2009, 07:02 PM
First off the schedule is definitely a lot easier in 09. I hope we don't take that for granted. I hope they stress Ben's protection in the off season, that really hurt us this year. But if we continue playing with the same intensity, no matter how bad the opponent might be, we'll do better. Besides that, it's gonna be a great season. I believe 14-2 or 13-3 season; and quite possibly that 7th ring. :tt02:

bleed black n gold
02-07-2009, 02:20 AM
does anyone know who we open with ?

vtwin_gary
02-07-2009, 12:37 PM
i already excited about the preseason.

SteelCityMan786
02-09-2009, 11:19 PM

We'll know at the end of March.

Troyisabeast_43
02-16-2009, 11:17 AM

We will actually know the first week of April when the full schedule comes out I believe instead of the end of March. I know I hope the Steelers open with the Tennessee Titans so they can get them back for that game in December with the terrible towel incident and all, but I just have a strange feeling that the Steelers are going to open with the Minnesota Vikings on that Thursday night. Remember where you heard it first...

Shadyside
02-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Last season we were tested by fire in the crucible of a hellish schedule and when it came time to play the class of the league in the postseason we were ready. While this schedule makes it appear that we will have a clear path to the playoffs barring any unfortunate problems, I would take a tough schedule over an easy one every year.

--- Added 2/22/2009 at 12:58 PM ---

I agree. What looked like a stupidly hard schedule last season turned out to be a merely very difficult one. Cleveland was supposed to be all big and bad and look how they turned out. Let's just wait and see.

Troyisabeast_43
02-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Last season we were tested by fire in the crucible of a hellish schedule and when it came time to play the class of the league in the postseason we were ready. While this schedule makes it appear that we will have a clear path to the playoffs barring any unfortunate problems, I would take a tough schedule over an easy one every year.

--- Added 2/22/2009 at 12:58 PM ---

I agree. What looked like a stupidly hard schedule last season turned out to be a merely very difficult one. Cleveland was supposed to be all big and bad and look how they turned out. Let's just wait and see.

I wouldnt take a hard schedule over an easy one. You're telling me next season you would rather the Steelers play the Patriots with Brady back and the Colts again with Peyton Manning instead of playing the Dolphins who they will play next season and should be able to handle, and a Tennessee Titans team who will most likely come back to earth next season and has to play in Pittsburgh this time around. Throw in teams that are still young and rebuilding and not very good to begin with like the Chiefs,Lions,Raiders,Packers,and even the Bears and the Vikings who both still have a lot of issues and the Steelers have a very good chance of winning 12-13 games maybe more next season.

As for the schedule this past season while it was tough I wasnt one of the ones in complete awe of it when it came out saying to myself and everybody around me that OMG that schedule is brutal and the Steelers are going to be lucky to win 7 or 8 games like all these other idiots did in the media for months. I didnt think it was as tough as it looked and I knew that the Steelers had a shot to win I felt at least 10 or 11 games looking at the schedule and here they ended up winning 12. I agree with you that the schedule is never as hard as you think it might be and never as easy at it appears to be it's probably somewhere in between. But the bottom line is and the facts are that this is still a very winnable schedule that should put the Steelers in excellent shape to make a run at back to back Lombardi Trophy's starting in September.

Callax
02-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Looking at this schedule, I believe at best 14-2 at worst 10-6
I think 12-4 or 13-3 is pretty close to what we'll get.... return to the playoffs yes superbowl trip #2... very possible...
Offensive line must improve
Defense hopefully holds steady and stays in the top 5 (or better)
draft picks from 2008 must step up and produce (mendenhall, sweed, etc...)
hope 2009 draft picks contribute this year
Hope the running game improves enough so Ben doesn't have to pull games out in the final minutes of 5 or 6 games every year...
Keep Ben Healthy and Upright..

STEEL BULLY
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
:helmet::
:helmet::yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

u are so right. steelers always play down against a lower opponent. But maybe times have changed.

--- Added 2/22/2009 at 09:27 PM ---

--- Added 2/22/2009 at 09:29 PM ---

[QUOTE=bleed black n gold;276096]can you say stairway to seven baby!!!!!

that would make a good t-shirt