PDA

View Full Version : Who does everybody think the Steelers will play in their first playoff game??

Troyisabeast_43
12-29-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm going to stick with the Miami Dolphins like I have been the last 2-3 weeks or so and say that they will beat the Ravens in Miami on Sunday and they will come here the following week for the divisional round, and the winner of SD and Indy will play at Tennessee. If you look at the way the seeds ended up shaping up Tennessee definitely has a greater chance of getting a much tougher first game then the Steelers do. The Titans are either going to play SD,Indy,or the Ravens first. While the Steelers are either going to play Miami,SD,or Indy first. I just would not want to see the Colts or the Ravens in that first playoff game on divisional weekend and it appears as if Tennessee is going to see at least one of them, while all the Steelers need is for either Miami or SD to win to avoid seeing Indy or the Ravens first which I believe are the two toughest challenges in the AFC. I think if the Steelers get either Miami or San Diego with both being warm weather teams coming in here in January they have an excellent to beat both of those teams and advance to the AFC Championship game. As I said time and time again last week not getting the 1 seed was a good thing because you wont have to see Baltimore the first playoff game who you would have to beat 3 times in one year which is very tough until the AFC Championship game which means they are going to have to win 2 games on the road to do just that, and as long as either home team wins either Miami or the Chargers you wont see the Colts as well until the AFC Championship game.

AZ_Steeler
12-29-2008, 01:36 PM
The Ravens might have a good defense but one has to remember their QB is a rookie... with that being said I say the Dolphins

Dean Denton
12-29-2008, 01:37 PM
We are either getting the Colts or Chargers. Not the Phins. I hope we play the Colts. I want payback for those Bastards wrecking my birthday.

BlackGold4vr
12-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I think all 4 wild card teams win this weekend which will send the Colts our way. Miami is not going to beat the Ratbirds! :helmet:

lloydfan4life
12-29-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm goin' with Miami.

popstaala
12-29-2008, 02:20 PM
ok heres is whats goin to happen... joey porter *the former steeler star linebacker* is goin to murder flaco.. miami win... then james harrison, woodley, aron smith, polamalu goin to make chad pennington cry...

Dean Denton
12-29-2008, 02:22 PM
OK, but we are the 2 seed, so we will play either the Colts or the Chargers. we wouldn't play Miami unless it was in the AFC Title game.

ejsteeler
12-29-2008, 02:33 PM
We'll see Indy. The Ratbirds can make it through Miami but they will fall apart against Tennessee and we will meet the Titties for the AFC Championship.

BlackGold4vr
12-29-2008, 02:46 PM
OK, but we are the 2 seed, so we will play either the Colts or the Chargers. we wouldn't play Miami unless it was in the AFC Title game.

You are wrong. We will play the highest seeded team remaining and the Titans will play the lowest seed remaining. So if Miami and Indy both win this weekend we would get the Dolphins. Write it down, its fact. :yesnod:

Iron City South
12-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Nobody is playing better football right now than the Chargers.

That's who I want to see back in Heinz Field in Janurary ....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2008, 03:03 PM
I can see the phins beating the Ratbirds. It will be a close game and Miami has enough offense to keep the Ravens defense honest. I'd love nothing more than to see Gay Ray and his cell mates have to travel home dejected and out of the playoffs.

Dean Denton
12-29-2008, 03:13 PM
You are wrong. We will play the highest seeded team remaining and the Titans will play the lowest seed remaining. So if Miami and Indy both win this weekend we would get the Dolphins. Write it down, its fact. :yesnod:

]I guess the phins are the 3 seed huh?

Biggest Fan
12-29-2008, 03:24 PM
I'd love to see Maimi but I have a feeling the Ravens D might put up more points than Maimi O. As far as the other two I feel they both present challenges to our D.

Dean Denton
12-29-2008, 03:36 PM
I dont see Miami beating the Ravens, but it would be nice. I would love to see Porter come home for the playoffs. also, i would like to see the Ravens gone. thats the only team I dont want to see in the playoffs. tough to beat a team 3 times in a season.

BlackGold4vr
12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
]I guess the phins are the 3 seed huh?

Yes, the Dolphins are the 3 seed and the Chargers are the 4. Colts are the 5 and the Ravens are the 6. We play the highest seed remaining and the Titans will play the lowest seed remaining. The only team we can't see is the Ravens unless we meet them in the AFC championship game. If the Ravens win they would have to play the Titans regardless of what the Colts/Chargers do because they are the 6th seed.

Dean Denton
12-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes, the Dolphins are the 3 seed and the Chargers are the 4. Colts are the 5 and the Ravens are the 6. We play the highest seed remaining and the Titans will play the lowest seed remaining. The only team we can't see is the Ravens unless we meet them in the AFC championship game. If the Ravens win they would have to play the Titans regardless of what the Colts/Chargers do because they are the 6th seed.
then bring on the Phins....lol

LarryNJ
12-29-2008, 04:08 PM
I think it will be the Pats.

Oh wait they are already out, Dolphins welcome back Joey!

Stairwayto7
12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
We are either getting the Colts or Chargers. Not the Phins. I hope we play the Colts. I want payback for those Bastards wrecking my birthday.

I don`t care what reason, I just want to beat them. But I laughed out loud at your answer!

Dean Denton
12-29-2008, 06:04 PM
I don`t care what reason, I just want to beat them. But I laughed out loud at your answer!
I looked it up, and that was like one of the only times they lost on Nov 9th. Wrecked my buzz and my birthday. I want payback in the worst way. I think the last time they lost on Nov 9th was like 1971 or sometime in the 80's, cant remember....

Zachintosh66
12-29-2008, 07:54 PM
hope its mia or sd... dont want ind

Stlrs4Life
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm just hoping for a Ravens loss.

BlitzburghNation
12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I can see the phins beating the Ratbirds. It will be a close game and Miami has enough offense to keep the Ravens defense honest. I'd love nothing more than to see Gay Ray and his cell mates have to travel home dejected and out of the playoffs.

Wouldn't that be sweet :popcorn:
But i just can't see them fins winning :evilshake:
I say we get San Diego and them titans get the rats :yesnod:

$teelersRule
12-29-2008, 09:00 PM
i know the steelers can beat all three of them... i just dont want to see the ravens again this year!

jev7452
12-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Yeah it'll be between the Colts, the Chargers, and the Dolphins.. not the Ravens since we wouldnt see them till the AFC Championship game.. but I think it'll end up being the Colts - they're on that 8 game streak now.. I would like to see some payback too!

JensK
12-30-2008, 07:46 PM
We'll get either Dolphins or Chargers.

steelerschick1220
12-31-2008, 11:42 AM
I would like to see some payback against the Colts too. However, I think the Dolphins will win, send "Gay Ray" and his boys home, and POrter will make his return to the Burgh where, unfortunetly, the Steelers will crush his little team.

SteelFanInIL
12-31-2008, 12:44 PM
I know I'd rather see the fish...but I think it'll be the Colts. That's alright, we do owe them for that piece of s##t win earlier this year.

vidaliasteelerfan
12-31-2008, 01:51 PM
I think it will be the colts. My brother-in-laws wife is from Indy and she was talking so much trash over Christmas!!!

steelers4life66
12-31-2008, 02:07 PM
I've gotta go with the Colts. They have the best record.

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 02:20 PM
I've gotta go with the Colts. They have the best record.
I agree, but only because their QB is gay...

steelers4life66
12-31-2008, 02:33 PM
I agree, but only because their QB is gay...:lol: I like watching he's little brother. He always has this look on he's face like he doesn't know weather to wined he's watch or scratch he's a**.

Dean Denton
12-31-2008, 03:19 PM
:lol: I like watching he's little brother. He always has this look on he's face like he doesn't know weather to wined he's watch or scratch he's a**.
I still cant believe Eli found a woman to marry him. He looks 12 to me, and the gotee didn't help at all. He lied to her. Said he was great QB or something...lol

Stairwayto7
01-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I still cant believe Eli found a woman to marry him. He looks 12 to me, and the gotee didn't help at all. He lied to her. Said he was great QB or something...lol

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Thats all it takes, especially in NY!

SteelFanInIL
01-02-2009, 11:00 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Thats all it takes, especially in NY!

:lol: Mabey it's the way he licked the oreo's

jridge2778
01-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I would like to see us get Miami. for one reason, the last time the fins were in pitt it was a muddy mess that we barely won. I want another shot at giving them the beat down they deserve. Making poor Chad cough up the ball a few times wouldn't hurt either.

JensK
01-02-2009, 07:04 PM
If it’s the postseason, the San Diego Chargers must be dealing with injuries. This time, it’s running back LaDainian Tomlinson and tight end Antonio Gates who are hurt.

Tomlinson has a strained groin and abdominal muscles after fighting through a toe injury for most of the season. Gates has a high ankle sprain. Neither participated in practice Friday and are listed as questionable for Saturday night’s AFC Wild Card Game against the Indianapolis Colts.

The Chargers defeated the Colts in an AFC Divisional Playoff Game last year with Tomlinson and quarterback Philip Rivers on the sidelines. In fact, the Chargers’ winning drive was directed by backup QB Billy Volek. Still, the Chargers probably would prefer to go with their full compliment of players Saturday.

I really don't see Chargers winning without LT and Gates, but you never know. Im sure they'll go if there is a chance they can, but lets see..

Gettysburgh_Steel
01-03-2009, 07:05 PM
I can only speak for myself ,but i grasp the feeling that our coaches, and our team, really don't care who we face in our meeting. We have a meeting that must be attended to,and we shall attend.
We can not pick who we want to play,and it would be absurd if we could.
I go back to the belief ,that this team believes.
Whoever the team is that we must face,in order to advance,we must not only face that team , but beat them.
Either that or we will be going home, one and out.
We have too many veterans on this team to let our shields down now. The veterans on this team must now step up.
The young players that want the recognition ,must step up too. We play as a team and they control how far we go. That is the extent of our control. Not who we may,
or may not play. If you speculate ,you are already losing focus. Wait and see what your task at hand is before you start rushing in for the kill.
Our new coach has the most pressure on him if you ask me , and i know you didn't.
However the one fact remains , and that is whoever we face , we must come out on top in order to meet our goal as a team. If your goal is not to win a super bowl ,then you could be on the wrong team. (PERIOD)

BlitzburghNation
01-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Nice post game speech :clap:

I'm always saying,,,,,TAKE IT Gotta TAKE the win and I believe in our team and I really believe in our Defense and we will have a good showing,regardless of the outcome.

We could win it all or we can be one and done,,,,,,,,,I'm like you "I BELIEVE" :towelwave:

Stairwayto7
01-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Damn, I said the Colts, guess I dont know much!