PDA

View Full Version : Cronicles of Ben

Iron City South
12-29-2008, 09:28 AM
So the question is ..... Is Ben a drama queen?

Let's review ...

http://pittsburghdish.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/operationart_1.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/17328/05ben.2.650.jpg

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200712/20071223pdsteelers1220e_500.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/yes-you-are-ben.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/026ucY97Ce1BE/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aPI6RJbes9iK/340x.jpg

Iron City South
12-29-2008, 09:28 AM
and last but not least ...... yesterdays dramatic "THUMBS UP!"

http://www.southernledger.com/images_ap/5d1e88f2-8c1a-4f75-b00f-3c911dc00487-5d1e88f2-8c1a-4f75-b00f-3c911dc00487.jpg

But honestly .... who gives a damn as long as he brings home the hardware, right? :yesnod:

http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.com/autographed/memorabilia/sports/collectibles/authentic/football/16x20%20Photos/Ben_Roethlisberger_Superbowl_XL_16x20.jpg

AZ_Steeler
12-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe he should bring back the beard...

Stairwayto7
12-29-2008, 10:58 AM
I know he has the rep as a drama queen, but he has got beatin up this season

ejsteeler
12-29-2008, 12:20 PM
I think all QB's have it in them at least a little, some more than others. I would put Ben in the middle of the pack. He'll use it to his advantage if he can.

SteelersWoman
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
I would love to see the same guys who complain about Ben being a "drama queen" take the same hits HE does over and over, and see how THEY react lol...And the thumbs up is simply what players who aren't paralyzed give to let the fans know they can move ok.

ejsteeler
12-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I would love to see the same guys who complain about Ben being a "drama queen" take the same hits HE does over and over, and see how THEY react lol...And the thumbs up is simply what players who aren't paralyzed give to let the fans know they can move ok.

I would gladly take those hits for the same money.......:drool: :lol:

DIESELMAN
12-29-2008, 02:53 PM
I would gladly take those hits for the same money.......:drool: :lol:

How big a boy are you? :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Every QB is a bit of an actor from time to time, it's just the nature of the position. Considering the hits that Ben has taken over his career so far including the bike accident I'd say he's as tough as nails and that's good enough for me to not call him a drama queen by any stretch. Sure he has an ego and all that but every QB does that's worth anything in the NFL.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Come on you guys. Ben wouldnt take those hits if he knew how to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball. The remedy to not taking big hits is to get it out of your hands. I GUARANTEE Ben can out run Peyton Manning. Peyton is slower than Ben, less mobile but takes WAY less sacks and why? Because he gets the ball out quickly. Its not the line its the QUARTERBACK. Same with Brees, Eli and Collins too

ejsteeler
12-29-2008, 03:11 PM
How big a boy are you? :greengrin:

easy Mr. Mercer......:lol:

DIESELMAN
12-29-2008, 03:13 PM
easy Mr. Mercer......:lol:
lol....it would take someone of Bens size or a lot of grit and heart to take all those hits and still come back the next week and play.

ejsteeler
12-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Come on you guys. Ben wouldnt take those hits if he knew how to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball. The remedy to not taking big hits is to get it out of your hands. I GUARANTEE Ben can out run Peyton Manning. Peyton is slower than Ben, less mobile but takes WAY less sacks and why? Because he gets the ball out quickly. Its not the line its the QUARTERBACK. Same with Brees, Eli and Collins too

Yeah, but I bet you're singing his praises when he rolls out and makes the big play, right? :yesnod:

It is more than just Ben. It is the line, the play calling, the WR's not getting open or reading hot routes with a blitz coming. Have you bothered looking at any of Ben's career stats? He is at the begining of a HOF career. He's not there yet mind you, but if he continues as he has, he will be. Concussions are all that will stop him and again, that's more than just him. :yellowthumb:

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 02:17 PM ---

lol....it would take someone of Bens size or a lot of grit and heart to take all those hits and still come back the next week and play.

Yeah, you're right. But for that money, I would try it at least.....:hidechair: until I saw them coming :yikes1: and they cleaned my clock :eyecrazy: and I forgot why I was there to begin with......:duh:

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 03:33 PM
So Ben gets the credit when we win (50 wins) and Arians and the line get the blame when we lose? Are you telling me we have a crappy line and the man has won 50 games inspite of that line? If Ben was that good by himself then why only ONE Pro Bowl appearance? Ben has won those games due to being on a good team. Similar to Emmitt Smith gaining all those yards- due to having a GOOD Offensive line. Sure hes good but put emmitt in arizona (and they did) and hes a bum and he was.

ejsteeler
12-29-2008, 03:36 PM
:popcorn:

Dean Denton
12-29-2008, 03:48 PM
So Ben gets the credit when we win (50 wins) and Arians and the line get the blame when we lose? Are you telling me we have a crappy line and the man has won 50 games inspite of that line? If Ben was that good by himself then why only ONE Pro Bowl appearance? Ben has won those games due to being on a good team. Similar to Emmitt Smith gaining all those yards- due to having a GOOD Offensive line. Sure hes good but put emmitt in arizona (and they did) and hes a bum and he was.I think you also need to look at the fact the Ben didn't lose thoughs games. As where most other QB would have. sure he has played on a good team, but I dont remember too many seasons where the Steelers had a bad team, yet no one has been able to do what he did. cant give him all the credit, but he should be getting most of it. Also, after the SB we lost a really good center, and it has gone bad ever since.

Ambridge
12-29-2008, 04:43 PM
LMAO!! :rofl:

Great thread!!
I told my wife when we were watching the game yesterday that if Ben gives the "Cheesy" thumbs-up when they start carting him off the field that this is just another episode in the "Ben Roethlisberger Medical Soap Opera".
Of course I got a dirty look from her and was told I was a mean person.

Ben is starting to turn into a 250lb canned HAM....and yes it starts to wear thin after a while.

If Ben wants to make it 10 years in the NFL he better start playing smarter and getting rid of the ball so he doesn't have to take shots like he did yesterday.

BlitzburghNation
12-29-2008, 08:08 PM

Alright,,,,,guess we got another whiner :yesnod: Never understood how so called steeler fans can constantly put down the players on our team,,,,,:scratch:
You cannot compare Ben to those QB's simply because there OC's have been miles ahead of ours and our play calling has pretty much sucked all year and any fan can see that,,,,,,,just like our o-line's struggled.

Ben is a gunslinger like i've said before and people that pay attention to our teams can see that and most are willing to accept that as long as he gives us a chance to win,,,,,Tomlin was quoted that he will not try to change Ben,because what he does on the field is what makes him special and I firmly believe Ben will bring this team at least 2 more championships :tt02:

Oh Yeah,,,,,,,One more thing,here's you some http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/cheese.jpg
To go with all that http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/thcrysmiley1.gif

Silverback
12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Okay I think everyone knows besides WR's (not including Hines, Linebacker at heart) QB's are the softest players on the field, but Ben is not one of the ones I would classify as a drama queen. He gets smacked around a lot and never has a bad thing to say in the press.

NCSteeler
12-30-2008, 01:10 AM

Maybe his WRs are never open, we really don't have the best WRs in the league.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
12-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Wow I really can't believe people hate Ben Roethlisberger and think he's a bad QB. I don't know if you realize but most if any QB's in the NFL can run around the pocket and make plays like Ben can. Most QB's just slide before the marker while Ben would gladly take the hit for the couple extra yards. sure he has an ego who doesn't even Hines does it's apart of being famous but you can't bash Ben for his playmaking ability's when he gets sacked even tho the play is dead anyway because the line collasped or nobody was open. Honestly think about having a QB you guys describe Ben as on our team at this point, do you think we'd be in the playoffs with Tommy Maddox or Kordell Stewart on our team? ABSOLUTLEY NOT! Drama Queen? did you ever have a 350 pound man fall on your head? I didn't think so... Just because he got hurt doesn't mean he's a drama queen and the thumbs up was just to show everybody he was ok because anybody on a strecher looks like bad news. If it weren't for Ben we wouldn't have won the superbowl and that's a FACT! and the playoffs would be a reach every year with our ****** run game o-line and offensive coordinator. Ben is a great QB and quite possibly the greatest to put on a Steelers uniform if he keeps winning games and making plays like he has been doing. If your going to blame somebody blame our papper o-line and Bruce Airans

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-30-2008, 09:19 PM
LMAO!! :rofl:

Great thread!!
I told my wife when we were watching the game yesterday that if Ben gives the "Cheesy" thumbs-up when they start carting him off the field that this is just another episode in the "Ben Roethlisberger Medical Soap Opera".
Of course I got a dirty look from her and was told I was a mean person.

Ben is starting to turn into a 250lb canned HAM....and yes it starts to wear thin after a while.

If Ben wants to make it 10 years in the NFL he better start playing smarter and getting rid of the ball so he doesn't have to take shots like he did yesterday.

:yellowthumb: agreed..I love Big Ben but your right on with this post..I'd hate to see him half to leave this game early.I know it's the way he plays and it's what makes him great but as the seasons go on he's gotta play smarter to prolong his career.

popstaala
01-03-2009, 01:23 AM
im not a really big ben supporter... i cheer for him every time he is on the field.. but i will criticize most of the time because i want him to throw the football... but if you were to sit there and call him a drama queen.... i say youre on crack... name a QB who takes that much beating and is still willing to get on the field and take some more... i played QB in high school a while ago.. and believe me every hit hurts because u are not going to see most of them coming... or ur too busy trying to get a perfect throw... ben is a ****ing machine back there and we should all respect the man with his toughness in the pocket.
[/I]

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 02:52 AM
im not a really big ben supporter... i cheer for him every time he is on the field.. but i will criticize most of the time because i want him to throw the football... but if you were to sit there and call him a drama queen.... i say youre on crack... name a QB who takes that much beating and is still willing to get on the field and take some more... i played QB in high school a while ago.. and believe me every hit hurts because u are not going to see most of them coming... or ur too busy trying to get a perfect throw... ben is a ****ing machine back there and we should all respect the man with his toughness in the pocket.
[/I]

Name another qb? The League MVP Peyton Manning and hes been doing it longer. What the guys above are saying is that if Ben gets rid of the ball like Whisenhunt used to YELL at him then he would take less hits. Holding the ball increases the amount of hits he takes. Take the Browns game for example. Had he thrown the ball to Heath EARLIER, he doesnt take that hit. Watch that play again and see how LONG Heath was in the middle open. Ben saw him too late and by the time he did the Defenders were on him already.
Ben got ZERO MVP votes for a reason. Hell, James Harrison got 3 votes (should have gotten more). Ben had his best statistical season last season BUT YET the PLAYERS didnt vote him team MVP. To me thats telling.

AZ_Steeler
01-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Ben received 0 votes for a reason... for starters he had no where near the numbers he had last year and the team still showed that they could win without him. Ben didn't server any MVP votes this year.

Scalaid6
01-03-2009, 03:10 AM
Ben received 0 votes for a reason... for starters he had no where near the numbers he had last year and the team still showed that they could win without him. Ben didn't server any MVP votes this year.

I agree

steelerschick1220
01-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't think Ben is a drama queen. If he was, I don't think he would have played after getting an injury so many time sin his career. He is tough as nails and I am glad we have him on our team.