PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp

Steelerlyn
10-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Our young QB has had a heck of a nightmarish season. You could argue that he started the ball rolling with his careless motorcycle accident

The Raiders have been non-competitive in most of their losses, which include games against the Browns and 49ers. They beat an Arizona team that is still crushed from their Monday Night meltdown. The Steelers, meanwhile, have been in every game through the 4th quarter.

It's a road game, yeah, but if we can't "assume" this game is a win then we might as well circle the date for training camp in July 2007 as the next big date on the schedule.

AZ_Steeler
10-24-2006, 04:33 PM
You're not losing faith yet... are you Lyn? This game should be a win, but it is definitely getting close to throwing in the towel if the Steelers don't start putting up some W's! I just hope the Steelers can focus for this game and not take it for granted and end up getting shocked this Sunday!

Steelerlyn
10-24-2006, 04:36 PM
No, I never lose the faith til the fat lady sings.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
I hope you're not blaming that motorcycle accident on Ben, hun ;) The driver cut him off so the accident wasn't his fault. Happens every day to us riders. However not wearing a lid, yes that was dumb.

We have to keep the faith, otherwise we'll all go crazy. We can't stop believin, we have alot of games to go but the time to start winning is now.

SteelersWoman
10-24-2006, 06:06 PM
I just hope our guys were watchin' MNF. It was talkin about how Tiki's really reduced the amount of times he's fumbled just from one season to the next--from 45 one year to 2 the next. And it's all better because he holds the ball up high on his body. I'm sure he's worked on the concentration as well.

SOMEthin's gotta kick in and help these guys get strong in this area.
With the level of talent we have, and the scores we've had, there's not a doubt in my mind we could beat anybody in this league--if we JUST DON'T LOSE THE BALL!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2006, 06:08 PM
You're right about that SW...Tiki used to be a fumbling machine and then finally a few years back something clicked and now he rarely fumbles anymore. let's just hope it doesnt take our boys that long to get it rectified. ;)

AZ_Steeler
10-24-2006, 06:20 PM
IMO, I think the fumbles are from a lack of focus and trying to do too much with the ball.

House of Steel
10-24-2006, 06:27 PM
I am not giving up with this team. We will fight to the very end. Whatever happens, happens and I will still stand proud of being a fan of the Black n Gold through thick and thin. I am confident, we will get the ball rolling and see a major streak happen.

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2006, 06:49 PM
We cant assume anything but this is about as close to an automatic easy win as it gets. If the Steelers would dare by some miracle lose this game to the Raiders then they dont deserve to even sniff the playoffs much less be in them. Im not worried about this game at all Im already looking ahead to the Denver game next Sunday. The Steelers are a much better team then Oakland and whether Ben or Charlie plays they should take care of the Raiders fairly easily. If the Steelers dont win this game against Oakland on Sunday by at least 14-17 points Ill be shocked.

Steelerlyn
10-24-2006, 07:05 PM
I hope you're not blaming that motorcycle accident on Ben, hun ;) The driver cut him off so the accident wasn't his fault. Happens every day to us riders. However not wearing a lid, yes that was dumb.

We have to keep the faith, otherwise we'll all go crazy. We can't stop believin, we have alot of games to go but the time to start winning is now.

:nono: I was trying to show an anology by correlating the irresponsibilty of not even having a driver's license to ride his bike in the state of PA, to the brain farts of throwing interceptions, overthrown & underthrown passes and all his other mistakes on the gridiron, in other words, it seemed to have started with the accident in June when the woman from Maine hit him and it has all just had the domino effect.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2006, 07:10 PM
I guess we'll never really know how much of that coorelates to what happened on the field and how much of it was just rust from being off so much since the super bowl but no matter what Im just glad he's been able to start getting back into the old Ben the last couple weeks and I hope he's able to continue that trend after what happened on sunday.

Steelerlyn
10-24-2006, 07:10 PM
We cant assume anything but this is about as close to an automatic easy win as it gets. If the Steelers would dare by some miracle lose this game to the Raiders then they dont deserve to even sniff the playoffs much less be in them. Im not worried about this game at all Im already looking ahead to the Denver game next Sunday. The Steelers are a much better team then Oakland and whether Ben or Charlie plays they should take care of the Raiders fairly easily. If the Steelers dont win this game against Oakland on Sunday by at least 14-17 points Ill be shocked.

I respect your right to say that this is a sure win and I encourage to always state your opinion on anything, I really enjoy your posts, however, please understand, I don't take this game that lightly. I feel if we win that game it will be because we fought to win it. It will all be played out on the field, I just am not as confident as you are:).

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Whatever it takes, we have just got to win this week there is no 2 ways about it. We lose to the Raiders and we don't deserve to talk about the playoffs.

Let's just hope the players take thing single game as serious as we are.