PDA

View Full Version : First playoff game is Sunday Jan 11th at 4:30...

Troyisabeast_43
12-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Just saw the schedule at halftime of the NBC game with the Chargers and the Broncos. The Steelers will be the last bye week team to play on divisional weekend is what this means. I guess that isnt a bad thing seeing that we dont have to play on Saturday and we now get two full weeks of rest to get guys like Ben,Clark and Harrison healthy.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah we'll be playing the highest seeded team below us that is left in the playoffs at that point. The Ratbirds have to travel to Miami and that is by no means a lock for either team. I'd love to see Miami knock their asses out of the postseason. As well as Pennington and that team is playing that's a definite possibility. The other team we could face is Indy of course depending on things shake out.

Troyisabeast_43
12-28-2008, 11:27 PM
We wont know who we are facing until the Baltimore Miami game is over at 1 o clock on Sunday. It's quite simple if the Dolphins win as the 3 seed they come here in 2 weeks, if the Ravens win the Steelers face the winner of the Chargers and Colts who play next Saturday night. Out of all 3 possiblities I would rather face the Dolphins over the Colts and Chargers because I believe that even if Miami would get by the Ravens they would just not have enough gas left in the tank to come in here and beat the Steelers the following week. Keep in mind the Dolphins during this 5 game winning streak they are on have beaten the Rams,Buffalo,San Francisco,Kansas City,and the Jets who just completely imploded the last month of the season as we all saw. That is a pretty weak schedule and not that impressive if you ask me. So while the Dolphins are on a roll and would be no gimmie game by any stretch coming in here, I think their luck would run out once and for all if they had to come to Pittsburgh and play the Steelers in 2 weeks. With all that being said root for Miami to beat the Ratbirds next Sunday...

PITT23
12-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Agreed that Miami would be our best match up and I think they definitely have a chance to get past the Ravens and their rookie QB -- and then come to Heinz and get destroyed. A nice cold, snowy, blustery day would be nice as well.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Agreed that Miami would be our best match up and I think they definitely have a chance to get past the Ravens and their rookie QB -- and then come to Heinz and get destroyed. A nice cold, snowy, blustery day would be nice as well.

Holy Crap, hey man...good to see you again!!!! :yesnod:

We wont know who we are facing until the Baltimore Miami game is over at 1 o clock on Sunday. It's quite simple if the Dolphins win as the 3 seed they come here in 2 weeks, if the Ravens win the Steelers face the winner of the Chargers and Colts who play next Saturday night. Out of all 3 possiblities I would rather face the Dolphins over the Colts and Chargers because I believe that even if Miami would get by the Ravens they would just not have enough gas left in the tank to come in here and beat the Steelers the following week. Keep in mind the Dolphins during this 5 game winning streak they are on have beaten the Rams,Buffalo,San Francisco,Kansas City,and the Jets who just completely imploded the last month of the season as we all saw. That is a pretty weak schedule and not that impressive if you ask me. So while the Dolphins are on a roll and would be no gimmie game by any stretch coming in here, I think their luck would run out once and for all if they had to come to Pittsburgh and play the Steelers in 2 weeks. With all that being said root for Miami to beat the Ratbirds next Sunday...

Yeah and the same can be said for the Ravens who's schedule all year has been soft. When they have played really good teams this season they have lost most of the time so those 2 duking it out should be an interesting game and not a blow out by any means. I like our chances at home against anyone coming into town. Out of all those teams the Colts are the ones to watch for, they are on 9 game hot streak and played today against the Titans very well, even shut them out with their backups in the game.

Troyisabeast_43
12-28-2008, 11:51 PM

Yeah and the same can be said for the Ravens who's schedule all year has been soft. When they have played really good teams this season they have lost most of the time so those 2 duking it out should be an interesting game and not a blow out by any means. I like our chances at home against anyone coming into town. Out of all those teams the Colts are the ones to watch for, they are on 9 game hot streak and played today against the Titans very well, even shut them out with their backups in the game.

The Titans today totally mailed that game in and just pretty much showed no interests and when you rest starters and get blown out like the Titans did today that is a definite recipe for a one and down playoff scenario as far as they are concerned. The bottom line is if the Steelers do get the Colts in the first playoff game or 2nd playoff game they will either be on a 10 or 11 game winning streak. You just have to keep asking yourself how many games in a row can the Colts and Manning keep winning before they have a letdown and slip up at some point. Aside from Indy beating the Patriots and Steelers to start this winning streak the other teams they have beaten during this streak were the Texans,Chargers,Browns,Bengals,Lions,Jags, and the Titans today in a meaningless game. They only beat the Texans by 7,the Chargers by 3,they blew out Cincy,beat the Browns by 4,beat the 0-16 Lions by 10, and beat the Jags by 7. The Colts can be had and if you look at the way they are winning these games on the road they are doing it in the final minutes just like the way they won the game here in Pittsburgh back on November 9th.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I have no doubt any team in the AFC can be had right now. There is no clear cut favorite and most of the teams in it right now are riding a nice winning streak over the last month or too so any one of them is ripe for the picking. I like our chances at home or on the road against anybody in the conference. We've got the defense that can handle any opponent and we'll have plenty of time to prepare for them too. All of the 5 other teams in the postseason have played soft schedules either all year or late in the season for the most part so Im interested to see how they all do against each other now especially in this wildcard round as we wait to see who's coming to da burgh!

BlitzburghNation
12-28-2008, 11:59 PM
My early prediction is the Rats will beat miami and the chargers will upset the colts :popcorn:

Then we'll beat the chargers and the Rats will beat the titans and all HELL will break loose in pittsburgh in a Defensive Bloody Battle to represent the A.F.C.

We'll beat them rats a 3rd time and head to Tampa for our 6th title,,,,,,:pray:

DIESELMAN
12-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Shouldn't matter who we play, we should be focused on destroying anyone we play.........**** the rest of the AFC!!! We have to have that kill em all mentality, I said to myself before the Shitstain game, if we win in a close game we'll have problems in the playoffs, if we blow them out like we should and did, then we should roll in the playoffs. Good teams blowout weak teams, they don't play to the level of their competition especially against weak teams.

PITT23
12-29-2008, 12:48 AM

Hey! Whats up man? I left a thread in the new people section...

(Sorry to get off topic haha)

popstaala
12-29-2008, 01:11 AM
It dont matter who we play...
Miami.. they are not on our level
Ravens.. how many times do we have to beat these ratbirds
San Diego... thats funny.. they suck
Colts... they won last time.. or should i say the steelers beat themselves..

of all the teams..I wanted the steelers to play the ****ing titans... after that fatass white stomped our terrible tower.. i hope they stay in there long enough for a rematch.. so our defense could stomp his fatass..

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 02:10 AM
#1Titans #2 Steelers #3 Dolphins #4 Chargers #5 Colts $6 Ravens

I want the Dolphins to beat the Ravens that way we play The Dolphins (welcome back Joey booooooooooooooooooo)
And the Titans would play the Charges/Colt winner.

blackngold29
12-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Here it is: If the Dolphins beat the Baltimore Ravens this weekend, they will be the opponent. If the Ravens win, the Steelers will play the winner of the game between the Colts and the Chargers.

Source (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08364/938254-87.stm)

And the bracket (http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST#Week)

Iron City South
12-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Here it is: If the Dolphins beat the Baltimore Ravens this weekend, they will be the opponent. If the Ravens win, the Steelers will play the winner of the game between the Colts and the Chargers.

Source (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08364/938254-87.stm)

And the bracket (http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST#Week)

I'd like to see the Chargers again myself. Should be fun watching them play a playoff game in sunny San Diego then having to travel cross-country to the blustery Janurary weather in Pittsburgh.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2008, 10:12 AM
We beat ourselves in the Colts game, we should have won that one the same as we should have won the Giants game. I wouldn't mind seeing Peyton Manning come into Pittsburgh on a snowy, cold, January day and let us beat them up and send em home.

Captcoolhand
12-29-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't care who we play, i just don't want a repeat of last year.......1 and done.

steelerschick1220
12-31-2008, 12:34 PM
I want some redemption. I would love to play the Colts and Titans again. Especially the Titans. I really don't care who we play in the first game. If you want to be the best, you got to beat the best. But the Titans. I am praying we see them again.