PDA

View Full Version : Anybody concerned about the lack of the defense stopping the run the last few weeks..

Troyisabeast_43
12-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Ever since the Dallas game with Choice and McClain for the Ravens and last week with Johnson and today with Lewis it seems as if teams are really starting to have more success then usual against us running the football. Now I know Harrison and Clark were out today but the fact that these teams have piled up pretty good numbers against the Steelers defense is a bit of a concern to me. What do you guys think about this?? Thoughts???

AZ_Steeler
12-28-2008, 04:58 PM
This could just be a getting bored scenario... they've been doing all year and just had a slight st back the last couple of weeks. I think once the playoffs start and their intensity rises again then we'll that offensive stopping D that we saw the first half of the season!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Im not really worried about it at this point, I have to just chalk the Titans game up to a bad outing. They played well and we didn't. It wasn't like they ran all over us though either, they had some good yardage but we're not talking a 200 yd game here or anything. As for today, Lewis made some good runs and got 50 yds in the first half when the defense seemed to be alittle flat for whatever reason, he finished with what 94 yds I think so he made some plays but we stopped them an awful lot for little or no gain too.

The defense had to be getting worn out too, let's face it they've been going at 100 mph all year and perhaps they were getting alittle tired down the stretch. They'll get the week of rest and come back strong.

Ambridge
12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't like that Jamal Lewis got 94yds but running the ball was the only thing that Cleveland could do with a 4th string QB starting the game and Jamal Lewis is still a respectable RB.
Al least Lewis didn't crack the 100yd total.

Choice got his yardage against the Steelers because the Steeler D got caught in pass defenses and McClain was held pretty much in check.

jpele
12-28-2008, 06:00 PM
It bothers me ,especially today. The browns were one dimensional coming into the game their only weapon was Lewis and he ran on us.

PsychoWard
12-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I am not the least bit concerned! The defense has been on the field a lot this year and we are at the end of the season, I am sure they are just a little fatigued and we will have nothing to worry about in the playoffs!

LarryNJ
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm not concerned at all, we won't lose in the playoffs because of our defense.

I hope we held them low enough to over take the Vikings for the number 1 rushing D

BlitzburghNation
12-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Not worried a bit,,,,,,,,it is hard for a team to get up for a meaningless game,we'll be ready to bring the pain in the playoffs !

Players can't say it,but i heard terrell davis say players in these type of games,usually go threw the motions and saving the wood for the playoffs :popcorn:

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Im worried. Dont know if its a result of getting caught in a blitz or undisciplined gap assignments or what but yes it bothers me.

popstaala
12-29-2008, 03:34 AM
defense showed up every game.... you can go back to week one and see... if they allow average passing yard... they stop the run dead... if allow average running.. they stop the pass.. its what lebeau and every other DC wants.. one dimensional offense.. and yes the defense should be the least of your worries... how many times do want our defense to prove it that they are the best in the league.

Iron City South
12-29-2008, 06:32 AM
The Steelers defense is one of the best 3 defenses in the league.

Threads like this are almost comical.

ejsteeler
12-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Not worried at all. Besides the fact they were a lock, I think they went vanilla on the play calling. Sure, everyone says having the lock didn't amtter, we were going to play to win, yadda, yadda, yadda. Human nature my friends. There was some slack off even if it was unintentional.
Anyway, all that matters is what happens now. The D will do their job. Will the O? That is the million dollar question and one which will determine our post season fate.

Stairwayto7
12-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Not worried, but a little concern, you would have thought that against the browns we would have been playing the run, making them pass, but lewis did run well against us?