PDA

View Full Version : BYRON LEFTWICH

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 05:16 PM
You guys can hate me all you want I dont care. I'm a Steeler fan and I want my team to win at all costs. If anyone doesnt see a difference in execution when Byron is in is in denial. I stated yesterday (get your excuses ready) that when Byron comes in there will be no Line problems, no bad playcalling problems and no lathargic play from our offense. In Byron you have a pure passer who knows how to go through his progressions fast and make good decisions as well as he moves the chains. Its not about playcalling its about execution and our offense executes with Leftwich out there. This is the 3rd game he has been called upon and produced. Ben should be the starter if healthy but He could learn from Byron.

tenToesUp
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
I agree with you completely. The line has been playing well and certainly are no longer to blame. I think that the Leftwich / Moore combo would be far more effective than the Ben / Willie combo (although Willie got a little bit of his swagger back today). I think that Tomlin is an excellent coach and should play the players who are performing the best and not worry about egos of salaries.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok man I'll agree that Byron is a top notch backup, he does just about whatever you want and can run the offense. We can be glad we have him on our team. If we had to rely on him the playoffs I wouldn't count us out of anything.

Now having said that if anybody thinks that he is the better choice to run this team, that's crazy IMO (Im not calling you out or anything man just saying). Byron is very similar to Ben in may ways but he's not as mobile and he has a very slow release. We saw that today in the 2nd half. He did feel pressure and the Browns were able to break through the line and get in his face so let's not kid ourselves that he suddenly is superman and our offense is 100 times better with him in the game. He's good make no mistake and we needed him today and if we need him again Im sure he'll do a good job but Ben is the man and he is the leader of this team.

steelcityrockers
12-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Byron does make up his mind very quickly though. He lacks touch and mobility. I could have gotten to the end zone faster then he did on his touchdown.

nmeyer1881
12-28-2008, 05:31 PM
couldn't put it any better

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Your post is a good one Top Gun. Byron did feel pressure but the thing that sets him apart from Ben is that he feels pressure and makes positive plays as a result of it. And when he doesnt make positives plays he certainly doesnt make negative ones like a sack or int. Ben played against the same defense and HONESTLY, who looked better? This SORRY defense Picked Ben. Why did Ben get picked? Because he processed the information too slow and threw the ball late to Heath. In Bens defense, he did have a NICE td pass to Nate called back because of Colon. Byron was not sacked and he didnt turn the ball over and showed UGLY mobility in the TD run, he was shifty in the pocket and bought time. Look at the play Ben got injured on, all he had to do was get rid of the ball and the injury would not have occured. There is a certain ELECTRICITY in the whole team when Leftwich is at the helm or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

JensK
12-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Your post is a good one Top Gun. Byron did feel pressure but the thing that sets him apart from Ben is that he feels pressure and makes positive plays as a result of it. And when he doesnt make positives plays he certainly doesnt make negative ones like a sack or int. Ben played against the same defense and HONESTLY, who looked better? This SORRY defense Picked Ben. Why did Ben get picked? Because he processed the information too slow and threw the ball late to Heath. In Bens defense, he did have a NICE td pass to Nate called back because of Colon. Byron was not sacked and he didnt turn the ball over and showed UGLY mobility in the TD run, he was shifty in the pocket and bought time. Look at the play Ben got injured on, all he had to do was get rid of the ball and the injury would not have occured. There is a certain ELECTRICITY in the whole team when Leftwich is at the helm or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Erhm.. Browns is second in the league with Interceptions, so really its not a shame to throw a interception against them.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Erhm.. Browns is second in the league with Interceptions, so really its not a shame to throw a interception against them.

Again, with the excuses for Ben (should have known). So you credit that LATE pass to the defense? I credit it to a late pass by the Qb. Heath was open for 5 seconds before Ben threw the ball, when he finally did the db broke on it and picked it.

JensK
12-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Again, with the excuses for Ben (should have known). So you credit that LATE pass to the defense? I credit it to a late pass by the Qb. Heath was open for 5 seconds before Ben threw the ball, when he finally did the db broke on it and picked it.

Its really really easy to bash a player for making one mistake in a game. When you play 15 games the chance that you make a mistake is bigger than when you play two quaters. Im not saying that Byron didnt do a great job, but its rather easy for him to step in there and impress everybody. He havnt been smacked around all season. Also face it, Byron won't survive a quater against a team like Ravens or Eagles. He is just way to slow for that.

Ambridge
12-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Before Ben got knocked out of the game he was looking Slow and Sluggish.....doing his double clutching with the ball and skipping a few off the ground as well.
Not to mention a bad INT to boot!!

You would have thought Ben had started the game with a Concussion the way he was performing.

I would have no problem with Byron Leftwich starting the Playoff game in two weeks.
Ben looked bad last week and was beginning to go down the same road today IMO.

I can't see Ben coming back with a strong game after two weeks off......fighting both to clear out the cobwebs and the rust build-up as well.

Go Byron!!

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Its really really easy to bash a player for making one mistake in a game. When you play 15 games the chance that you make a mistake is bigger than when you play two quaters. Im not saying that Byron didnt do a great job, but its rather easy for him to step in there and impress everybody. He havnt been smacked around all season. Also face it, Byron won't survive a quater against a team like Ravens or Eagles. He is just way to slow for that.

I told you guys to get your excuses ready and you have. Byron is a VETERAN sir and he has NEVER been a qb to take a high volume of sacks LIKE BEN. Byron is an ex starter sir and he reads the defense quickly and gets the ball out. Ben has had sack problems since 05, so its not about getting beat up, its Bens weakness. Byron has played MANY games vs the Colts/Ravens etc as I said he has never been one to take alot of sacks. Next excuse?

AZ_Steeler
12-28-2008, 06:26 PM
When you look at career numbers Byron has played in 53 total games and been sacked 85 times (1.6 times per game). Big Ben has played in 71 games and been sacked 192 times (2.7 times per game)!

Granted they both have had different offensive lines during that time but you have to wonder what's the deal because the Steelers offensive line has not always been that bad!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 06:34 PM
It wasn't like Ben was stinking up the joint here all by himself, you can't blame him for the lack of offense for most of the first half. How about Parker doing nothing till that TD run, how about the line not run blocking, how about Heath's 2 holding calls, how about Colon's holding call, so you can't sit here and say Ben did nothing. Yes that INT was a bad throw and made it way too late, it should have been out in front of Heath, so that one is on Ben. Other than that he did move the ball we just stalled like we always do.

Let's not kid ourselves and think that Byron would have done any better in the first half than Ben did because you can't say that for sure. Ben does make way more positive plays vs. the rush than he makes negative ones. Just go back and look at his stats and think back to all the games this year when he was under pressure and made clutch passes to move the sticks or score.

Byron did his job and he did it well, there is no question he's as valuable as any backup in the league and probably the best one in the league IMO but Ben is the leader and he's not going to change his style of play nor does anyone on the team want him too.

newsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
You guys can hate me all you want I dont care. I'm a Steeler fan and I want my team to win at all costs. If anyone doesnt see a difference in execution when Byron is in is in denial. I stated yesterday (get your excuses ready) that when Byron comes in there will be no Line problems, no bad playcalling problems and no lathargic play from our offense. In Byron you have a pure passer who knows how to go through his progressions fast and make good decisions as well as he moves the chains. Its not about playcalling its about execution and our offense executes with Leftwich out there. This is the 3rd game he has been called upon and produced. Ben should be the starter if healthy but He could learn from Byron.

No offence dude, but it's pretty premature to say Leftwich should be the starter after watching him play in a meaningless regular season game.

tenToesUp
12-28-2008, 07:00 PM
"Ben is the leader and he's not going to change his style of play nor does anyone on the team want him too."

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Ben may not change his style, but unfortunately, his style is causing too many turnovers and sacks, risking his personal safety, and causing the line to have to block too long, forcing penalties.

I would love to see Ben change his style to how it was two seasons ago, quick, decisive, elusive, and confident. What I see now is Ben trying to force plays that just aren't there and causing turnovers. I don't like the politics involved with benching a player and don't think that he should be benched. That said, I haven't seen Ben play consistently for two seasons and personally think that he hasn't been the same since the crash.

Hopefully Ben will be back in two weeks and lead the Steelers into the championship game and on to the Superbowl.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-28-2008, 07:01 PM
How about our whole team get ready to kick some *** in the play-offs.

Zachintosh66
12-28-2008, 07:09 PM
my only concern with Ben is: He knows he is somewhat mobile... and knows he has the playmakers to "make things happen" and as a result he holds onto the ball too long, while running for his life behind that thing we attempt to call an OL.

with Byron: He knows he is NOT mobile what so ever, he his only course of action is to throw the ball asap

As bad as Ben passes are when he does hold onto and scramble around... sometimes it atually does pay off for a big play... kinda a catch 22...

Like it or not Ben is the face and heart of the franchise.

yinzer
12-28-2008, 07:12 PM
look, i have to agree with scalaid. ben is a good qb, no doubt, but he CONTINUALLY reacts way too late and makes stupid rookie mistakes. the fact that leftwich has a long wind-up is irrelevant. at least he gets the job done. how many more breaks are we gonna give ben?? seriously.

jpele
12-28-2008, 07:19 PM
I have to agree that Leftwich should be starting. It has nothing to do with todays game. ben is not healthy and an unhealthy Ben makes bad decisions.

Compare his play from last year ( healthy ) to this year, its night and day. I was hoping all year that they would sit Ben for a couple weeks, after all ,if you don't have faith in Bryon winning games for you why sign him.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 07:52 PM
This is a sensitive issue as many Steelers fans are Ben fans as well. Me myself? I am a Steeler fan and have been Before Ben was on the team (since 74). I want the Steelers to win and I dont care if John Mccain is the qb as long as we have the best chance to win. Some fans will be sad if the Steelers win the Super Bowl with Leftwich at the controls. This is unfortunate. Ben has had all season to get our offense going and under his leadership it has been bad. When Byron is in there is a spark, there is electricity, there is better execution and its not even CLOSE as to who runs the team better. I'm not going to say I'm right, I'm not going to say "Told you so", that is childish but to make ALL these excuses for Bens bad play is an indication that you root for Ben more than for the Steelers. Byron is not mobible, Byron has a slow delivery BUT the man can read the defense quickly and the man can move the offense. He goes through his progressions and makes good decisions. Did you see that pass on the goaline to Hines? He threw the ball too hard and Hines missed it but the beauty of that pass was the read. The offensive line is not an issue with Byron in the game, the running game is more effective because the safeties have to respect his big arm and cant cheat up in fear of getting beat deep. Thats 3 times he has came in and moved the Steelers (Eagles,Skins and Browns) and hasnt hurt us, only helped us.
Those of you who say the game was "meaningless" are wrong. It might have been meaningless to us but it wasnt to the Browns. They hate us and their coach is fighting for his job so you know they wanted to win. Byron orchestrated 17 points, despite having limited reps, limited time with the starters, limited playing time all season and limited knowledge of the playbook. For those of you who call the man a bum when all he is doing is trying to help OUR team. I'd like to say on our team he is not a bum and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves for taking personal shots at a guy who is only trying to help Steeler Nation and has done nothing to hurt it.

Steelersfan
12-28-2008, 07:52 PM
"Ben is the leader and he's not going to change his style of play nor does anyone on the team want him too."

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Ben may not change his style, but unfortunately, his style is causing too many turnovers and sacks, risking his personal safety, and causing the line to have to block too long, forcing penalties.

I would love to see Ben change his style to how it was two seasons ago, quick, decisive, elusive, and confident. What I see now is Ben trying to force plays that just aren't there and causing turnovers. I don't like the politics involved with benching a player and don't think that he should be benched. That said, I haven't seen Ben play consistently for two seasons and personally think that he hasn't been the same since the crash.

Hopefully Ben will be back in two weeks and lead the Steelers into the championship game and on to the Superbowl.

Ben had an awesome year last season so the accident has nothing to do with it.

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

my only concern with Ben is: He knows he is somewhat mobile... and knows he has the playmakers to "make things happen" and as a result he holds onto the ball too long, while running for his life behind that thing we attempt to call an OL.

with Byron: He knows he is NOT mobile what so ever, he his only course of action is to throw the ball asap

As bad as Ben passes are when he does hold onto and scramble around... sometimes it atually does pay off for a big play... kinda a catch 22...

Like it or not Ben is the face and heart of the franchise.

Ben does need to start running with the ball again or throw it away. Too many times he is forcing throws. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Just wish he would limit the bad a little better.

look, i have to agree with scalaid. ben is a good qb, no doubt, but he CONTINUALLY reacts way too late and makes stupid rookie mistakes. the fact that leftwich has a long wind-up is irrelevant. at least he gets the job done. how many more breaks are we gonna give ben?? seriously.

I think the problem is he has scrambled around and made plays his whole career. He needs to find that fine line and walk it. Throw it away when needed. Run with it when needed.

I have to agree that Leftwich should be starting. It has nothing to do with todays game. ben is not healthy and an unhealthy Ben makes bad decisions.

Compare his play from last year ( healthy ) to this year, its night and day. I was hoping all year that they would sit Ben for a couple weeks, after all ,if you don't have faith in Bryon winning games for you why sign him.

I thought that at first to when they said something about his shoulder. But when it was reported it wouldn't heal in a couple weeks, and it wouldn't get worse while playing, there was really no reason for him to sit. Last year teams had to respect the run game, this year they don't and I think that makes a big difference in the passing game.

LatrobePA
12-28-2008, 08:01 PM
We played a high school level Browns team......NUFF SAID!

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
We played a HS caliber team? Thats a nice excuse ( and I predicted it) but how come that HS team held our million dollar qb under wraps? How come that HS team picked him off? How come the score was 7-0 when Ben got hurt (thanks to a FWP 34 yard td). Do explain

TampaSteelGirl
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Now this is the kind of post I like to see!!! :yellowthumb:

LarryNJ
12-28-2008, 08:18 PM
I think one positive if Byron plays in the playoffs is that the rest of the team will probably all step it up one notch. It's a shame because you would think that they'd give it everything no matter what. But I think it's simply human nature.

TampaSteelGirl
12-28-2008, 08:19 PM
We played a HS caliber team? Thats a nice excuse ( and I predicted it) but how come that HS team held our million dollar qb under wraps? How come that HS team picked him off? How come the score was 7-0 when Ben got hurt (thanks to a FWP 34 yard td). Do explain

DAWGS.......IS THAT YOU??? :grin1:

igor0190
12-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Ben definately needs to make quicker decisions.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Thats all I'm saying. When someone tells the truth about Ben all hell breaks loose. Why cant you guys accept that he needs to do some things different? Guys would rather loose with a guy turning the ball over when he shouldnt than win with a good game manager. I dont understand that.

Steelersfan
12-28-2008, 09:35 PM
This is a sensitive issue as many Steelers fans are Ben fans as well. Me myself? I am a Steeler fan and have been Before Ben was on the team (since 74). I want the Steelers to win and I dont care if John Mccain is the qb as long as we have the best chance to win. Some fans will be sad if the Steelers win the Super Bowl with Leftwich at the controls. This is unfortunate. Ben has had all season to get our offense going and under his leadership it has been bad. When Byron is in there is a spark, there is electricity, there is better execution and its not even CLOSE as to who runs the team better. I'm not going to say I'm right, I'm not going to say "Told you so", that is childish but to make ALL these excuses for Bens bad play is an indication that you root for Ben more than for the Steelers. Byron is not mobible, Byron has a slow delivery BUT the man can read the defense quickly and the man can move the offense. He goes through his progressions and makes good decisions. Did you see that pass on the goaline to Hines? He threw the ball too hard and Hines missed it but the beauty of that pass was the read. The offensive line is not an issue with Byron in the game, the running game is more effective because the safeties have to respect his big arm and cant cheat up in fear of getting beat deep. Thats 3 times he has came in and moved the Steelers (Eagles,Skins and Browns) and hasnt hurt us, only helped us.
Those of you who say the game was "meaningless" are wrong. It might have been meaningless to us but it wasnt to the Browns. They hate us and their coach is fighting for his job so you know they wanted to win. Byron orchestrated 17 points, despite having limited reps, limited time with the starters, limited playing time all season and limited knowledge of the playbook. For those of you who call the man a bum when all he is doing is trying to help OUR team. I'd like to say on our team he is not a bum and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves for taking personal shots at a guy who is only trying to help Steeler Nation and has done nothing to hurt it.

You seem to think that every Steelers fan just gives Ben a break and that we all bash Byron. Well you are wrong. For every video or stat you want to throw out there about Byron I can throw two out for Ben. The stats between the two tonight were almost the same minus the stupid int by Ben. You say he read it late and threw behind. I think he made a bad throw on the run. You have your opinion and I have mine and don't come back and say I'm making excuses.

I don't think you will find one Steelers fan on here that isn't happy that we signed Lefty this year and I haven't seen anyone taking "shots" at him. People try and state their opinions about either QB and you call it excuses or Lefty bashing. Get real.

I could care less who plays at any position as long as the team wins and that includes Ben. The bottom line is the Steelers are 12-4 and heading to the games that count so they all better bring their A game!

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Byron does make up his mind very quickly though. He lacks touch and mobility. I could have gotten to the end zone faster then he did on his touchdown.

Leftwich makes up his mind before the ball is even snapped. He not only calls the play in the huddle but he has already decided which receiver the ball is going to. If everything and everyone on the offense is perfect and everything runs smoothly, it works. If one little thing is off, it doesn' work. The Jaguars have/had a very good team, a system very similar to ours. If he couldn't thrive there, he won't here.

This is a sensitive issue as many Steelers fans are Ben fans as well. Me myself? I am a Steeler fan and have been Before Ben was on the team (since 74). I want the Steelers to win and I dont care if John Mccain is the qb as long as we have the best chance to win. Some fans will be sad if the Steelers win the Super Bowl with Leftwich at the controls. This is unfortunate.

Aside from female Roethlisberger groupies, who aren't real fans anyway, I don't think a single person would give a flying blank if we won the Superbowl with Gary Coleman as the quarterback, as long as we won the Superbowl. If anything winning would leftwich would show how great the organization is and how the organization makes the players, not the other way around, which is the case with most players.

But making the switch to Leftwich would be an automatic elimination at this point in the season so it's a horribly moot point. Forget on field play, not a single member of the Steelers, including the 2nd year coach would be able to handle the volcanic media eruption that would occur. It would be the first time since the 2 weeks prior to the Superbowl in '05 that the Steelers would be the 24 hour headline on ESPN.

I predict you will respond to this post with about 5 paragraphs more than is necessary.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I told ALL yesterday that when Byron came in there would be no line, issues playcalling issues and he would move the ball better than Ben I'm not expert. I'm not swami but I CAN SEE. Byron led the offense to 17 points because as I said yesterday ben tries to be a super qb when all we need is a game manager. A qb who makes good decisions and doesnt put the offense in bad situations like 3rd and long ore turn the ball over. There was not ONE pass that was close to being picked by Byron, not one bad decision. This coming from a guy who has limited playing time. Ben DID throw that ball late and behind Heath. Are you saying that pick was Heaths fault? Please watch it again and see how wrong you are. Byron takes his drop and by the time he plants his back foot he has made the read, its not done in the huddle. How ridiculous is that? How can one decide where he is going to throw without 1st reading the d. Good qbs dont throw to whos open, good qbs read coverage and throw to where that particular coverage is vulnerable. This is where Ben has problems. If a qb sess cover 2 he wont throw to Hines if he is doing a corner route. The qb knows that the vulnerable spot in the cover 2 is the seams so the wr who is doing a route in the seams should get the ball. When I said all of this yesterday what was said about Byron? "Hes a bum", "hes a backup for a reason" "he has a slow windup and sucks thats why he got beat out by garrard" and more. If this is not bashing, I dont know what is. This is the 3rd game that Byron has came in and been more effective than Ben. I think it will make Ben step his play up if not we know where to go.

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I predict you will respond to this post with about 5 paragraphs more than is necessary.

I told ALL yesterday that when Byron came in there would be no line, issues playcalling issues and he would move the ball better than Ben I'm not expert. I'm not swami but I CAN SEE. Byron led the offense to 17 points because as I said yesterday ben tries to be a super qb when all we need is a game manager. A qb who makes good decisions and doesnt put the offense in bad situations like 3rd and long ore turn the ball over. There was not ONE pass that was close to being picked by Byron, not one bad decision. This coming from a guy who has limited playing time. Ben DID throw that ball late and behind Heath. Are you saying that pick was Heaths fault? Please watch it again and see how wrong you are. Byron takes his drop and by the time he plants his back foot he has made the read, its not done in the huddle. How ridiculous is that? How can one decide where he is going to throw without 1st reading the d. Good qbs dont throw to whos open, good qbs read coverage and throw to where that particular coverage is vulnerable. This is where Ben has problems. If a qb sess cover 2 he wont throw to Hines if he is doing a corner route. The qb knows that the vulnerable spot in the cover 2 is the seams so the wr who is doing a route in the seams should get the ball. When I said all of this yesterday what was said about Byron? "Hes a bum", "hes a backup for a reason" "he has a slow windup and sucks thats why he got beat out by garrard" and more. If this is not bashing, I dont know what is. This is the 3rd game that Byron has came in and been more effective than Ben. I think it will make Ben step his play up if not we know where to go.

Just call me eight ball from now on ladies and gentlemen :yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Just call me eight ball from now on ladies and gentlemen :yellowthumb:

Hey Magic 8 Ball can I have the lotto numbers.....lol

HUNT4SEVEN
12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Bryon looked real good back there today:yellowthumb:

Steelersfan
12-28-2008, 10:10 PM

No line issues? I saw Lefty on his back more than once. The INT that Ben threw was on the run and he made a bad throw. To say it was late is just making excuses to try and back up your own opinion. Lefty would be hurt just as much if not more behind this line.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:21 PM
I know I know the pick was on the Line and On Heath but not on Ben (how could I be so silly?) Byron was on the ground but did he take a sack? Did he make a poor decision that hurt the team? Ben runs sometimes when he doesnt have to (happy feet) so to say he was on the run has no merit, ben runs or slides in the pocket whether there is pressure or not. But I digress.

Steelersfan
12-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I know I know the pick was on the Line and On Heath but not on Ben (how could I be so silly?) Byron was on the ground but did he take a sack? Did he make a poor decision that hurt the team? Ben runs sometimes when he doesnt have to (happy feet) so to say he was on the run has no merit, ben runs or slides in the pocket whether there is pressure or not. But I digress.

Where did I say it was on anyone but Ben? I said it was him on the run and he made a bad throw. What you don't realize is Lefty would be no better off than Ben behind this line.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 10:29 PM
One cannot sit here and say Byron is the end all be all, we shouldn't even be thinking such a thing. I mean seriously the guy saw action in all of a couple games this year and none since the Redskin game. His stats are good because he takes advantage of his opportunities when they come. To sit here and say anything other than that is way too optimistic and misleading because while he is the best backup in the league (IMO) he's not had to carry the team week in and week out and there's no way you can say he's be flawless or anything close to it on a regular basis. He does his job right and does it well but right now let's not go overboard and say he makes the offensive line and running game any better than they were before he got there.

SteelFanInIL
12-28-2008, 10:37 PM
No line issues? I saw Lefty on his back more than once. The INT that Ben threw was on the run and he made a bad throw. To say it was late is just making excuses to try and back up your own opinion. Lefty would be hurt just as much if not more behind this line.

Sorry. The pass was late and poorly thrown. Ben is our STARTER---period, but ...he should have pulled the trigger sooner on that play. But there's no way I sit him in favor of Lefty... so I guess you're both right lol.:lol:

LatrobePA
12-28-2008, 11:14 PM

Dude, get a clue, you are a true mental case. Your sig. has Ben all over it yet your gonna come out and post stupid ****...

Do explain, here you go smart ***: BEN HAS FACED THE BEST F'N TEAMS THE NFL HAS TO OFFER, BYRON FACED THE SKINS (ON THEIR DOWNWARD SPIRAL) AND A BROWNS TEAM DOWN TO THEIR 4TH QB.

We pounded the ball PITTSBURG style it was only a matter of time B4 their D wore down, just so happened it wore down with # 4 in there....

Yes Byron did great, but he hasn't seen the pass rush Ben has all season....

Moondog
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Thats all I'm saying. When someone tells the truth about Ben all hell breaks loose. Why cant you guys accept that he needs to do some things different? Guys would rather loose with a guy turning the ball over when he shouldnt than win with a good game manager. I dont understand that.

I don't see any hell breaking loose except in your own head....sir.

BlitzburghNation
12-28-2008, 11:46 PM

Now that's funny :lol:

Well i am glad Byron is our back-up and he did look good against the STAINS,but we definetly wouldn't be 12-4 with Byron in there all year,,,,,,,,Ben is a gun slinger and is not gonna change,we all have to accept the good with the bad and trust me "i've witnessed the bad 'live' Giants & titans game" :cursin:

This team will need Ben's mobility going up against these teams in the playoffs,because our O-Line is not that good,they've proven it through 16 games,,,,,,I believe Ben will bring his A game in the post season and i'm hoping he takes us to the promise land,at least i hope he does :crossfingers:

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:51 PM

Please visit the "Not all Bens fault" thread TOP GUN had to take it down and clean it up. Again, All hell breaking loose..... Sir

--- Added 12/28/2008 at 09:51 PM ---

Now that's funny :lol:

Well i am glad Byron is our back-up and he did look good against the STAINS,but we definetly wouldn't be 12-4 with Byron in there all year,,,,,,,,Ben is a gun slinger and is not gonna change,we all have to accept the good with the bad and trust me "i've witnessed the bad 'live' Giants & titans game" :cursin:

This team will need Ben's mobility going up against these teams in the playoffs,because our O-Line is not that good,they've proven it through 16 games,,,,,,I believe Ben will bring his A game in the post season and i'm hoping he takes us to the promise land,at least i hope he does :crossfingers:

Ben is too concerned with the pass rush. Doesnt keep his eyes downfield. Dont know why you guys hesitate to see the signs. Our offense has struggled this year due to Bens lathargic play. Hes been inconsistent as all hell and anyone who is offended by that statement is in denial

DIESELMAN
12-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Ben is too concerned with the pass rush. Doesnt keep his eyes downfield. Dont know why you guys hesitate to see the signs. Our offense has struggled this year due to Bens lathargic play. Hes been inconsistent as all hell and anyone who is offended by that statement is in denial
You would be too if you've been sacked a half a million times in the past 2-3 years. He's probably shell shocked also. When your used to getting layed out 3 out of every 5 plays on a consistent basis, don't you think any QB would have "happy feet"? Another thing is the sporadic play calling, if we had a consistent running game then Ben would know he at least has that to keep the D's honest but without a consistent running game, teams are going to put 7-8 in the box then make us 1 dimensional then pin their ears back even more. So yeah Ben is hearing voices "Run Ben Run"......Bottom line is no matter what anyone says or thinks, Ben is and will be the starter until other wise posted by the Steelers FO and/or Tomlin.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 01:17 AM
You would be too if you've been sacked a half a million times in the past 2-3 years. He's probably shell shocked also. When your used to getting layed out 3 out of every 5 plays on a consistent basis, don't you think any QB would have "happy feet"? Another thing is the sporadic play calling, if we had a consistent running game then Ben would know he at least has that to keep the D's honest but without a consistent running game, teams are going to put 7-8 in the box then make us 1 dimensional then pin their ears back even more. So yeah Ben is hearing voices "Run Ben Run"......Bottom line is no matter what anyone says or thinks, Ben is and will be the starter until other wise posted by the Steelers FO and/or Tomlin.

If I was sacked a half a million times I would do as Whisenhunt told Ben in 04,05 and 06 "BEN GET RID OF THE DAMN BALL!". The wear and tear Ben takes is a product of him havingt the inability to read the defense fast enough and get the ball out. You KNOW we blitz the hell out of teams. Did we sack Eli or Peyton? Why? It wasnt for lack of trying it was because they both process the information fast and get the ball out. Byron has that gift as well and thats why when hes in there are NO LINE PROBLEMS at all. How was the playcalling when Byron was in? I agree to some degree the playcalling can be bad (run run pass) but for the most part if you execute well you can turn a bad playcall into a good play. Ben had his BEST year under Arians and if Tomlin fires Arians, Ben will be PISSED. To credit Ben with his season last year you also have to credit Arians. To blame Arians for Bens bad season you have to blame Ben as well. They go hand and hand. I guess it was Arians fault that Ben threw that pass late over the middle to Heath and got picked huh?
I swear it seems like if Ben molested one of your daughters you guys would argue "You cant blame the guy Ashley is kinda hot"
WOW

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I think this scalded must be Lefty's agent or mother ! Do you really think that Lefty should be starting?? The QB that gave this team the best chance to win this season was at the helm. You sit there and dismiss everybody's "excuses" for Ben but you sir are proving an old saying around the 'burg to be true, " the most popular player in Pittsburgh is the back up QB". You are the true homer here. I would be willing to bet last year you were pushing for Batch to start.

DIESELMAN
12-29-2008, 01:27 AM
If I was sacked a half a million times I would do as Whisenhunt told Ben in 04,05 and 06 "BEN GET RID OF THE DAMN BALL!". The wear and tear Ben takes is a product of him havingt the inability to read the defense fast enough and get the ball out. You KNOW we blitz the hell out of teams. Did we sack Eli or Peyton? Why? It wasnt for lack of trying it was because they both process the information fast and get the ball out. Byron has that gift as well and thats why when hes in there are NO LINE PROBLEMS at all. How was the playcalling when Byron was in? I agree to some degree the playcalling can be bad (run run pass) but for the most part if you execute well you can turn a bad playcall into a good play. Ben had his BEST year under Arians and if Tomlin fires Arians, Ben will be PISSED. To credit Ben with his season last year you also have to credit Arians. To blame Arians for Bens bad season you have to blame Ben as well. They go hand and hand. I guess it was Arians fault that Ben threw that pass late over the middle to Heath and got picked huh?
I swear it seems like if Ben molested one of your daughters you guys would argue "You cant blame the guy Ashley is kinda hot"
WOW
Sacked a half a million times was referring to you saying Ben is concerned to much about the pass rush. So if Ben had his best year under Arians last year, then why isn't he having the same kind of year this year? same QB, same OC.....Our offensive problems this year come from a number of reasons, OL, no running game and even Ben making mistakes under center. No one is not blaming Ben for his play but neither is no one going all out to point their fingers at one player in particular.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Sacked a half a million times was referring to you saying Ben is concerned to much about the pass rush. So if Ben had his best year under Arians last year, then why isn't he having the same kind of year this year? same QB, same OC.....Our offensive problems this year come from a number of reasons, OL, no running game and even Ben making mistakes under center. No one is not blaming Ben for his play but neither is no one going all out to point their fingers at one player in particular.

Simply because Ben got the big contract and a big head and doesnt properly prepare and it shows on Sunday. Dont you recall him trying to justify not practicing? "I dont think it hurts me I'm taking the mental reps" Allen Iverson all over again. He had to be called into the coaches office and told "If you dont practice you dont play".
Again, if Arians sux, if our O-line sux then how come its just FINE when Leftwich is qbing? In the Eagles game we couldnt get anything going and Ben was sacked 8 times. Enter Byron and he promptly drove us down to the 15 yard line and Nate dropped a Td. Vs the Skins the offense was struggling bad Ben had 3 sacks and 1 int and gets hurt at half. Enter Byron and the offense is clicking and hes striking like a match. Today. Offense is looking ok in spots, Ben is picked, only good run was Willies 34 yarder (offense produced 7 points). Enter Byron and mind you he has had limited time in our offense. He produces 17 points, NO TURNOVERS, NO SACKS and no bad decisions, the running game generates 133 yards while hes in, the defense gets rest and the rest is a 31-0 win. How come there was ZERO offensive line problems ALL THREE times this guy has played? Deny the proof all you want but BYRON LEFTWICH runs our offense Better than Ben. You might not like it but you cant deny it.

popstaala
12-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Im a true steeler fan... just want to mention that first.. i apologize for saying that your precious big ben sucks... BIG BEN SUCKS...he is the "face of the franchise" as some of you said... and so is vince young... who is benched for kerry collins "the statue". I wish we have a kerry collins... oops we have leftwich.. he plays like collins, release the ball like collins, hes a statue like collins.
whats wrong with putting ben on the bench when he stinks? the titans can win without vince young, that guy from minnesota stepped in out of nowhere and lead their team to the playoffs....matt cassel put up some numbers behind tom brady(i still think tom is 10 times better).. remember that all of this teams have franchise QB just like ben... the only difference is that they know what is best for their team.....and if it wasnt for all of you ben suckhiscock fans.... we would have done what is best for the team... leftwich has proven himself three times already that he can work with our line and recivers... now stop arguing about this already... and put lefty in the game...

DIESELMAN
12-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Simply because Ben got the big contract and a big head and doesnt properly prepare and it shows on Sunday. Dont you recall him trying to justify not practicing? "I dont think it hurts me I'm taking the mental reps" Allen Iverson all over again. He had to be called into the coaches office and told "If you dont practice you dont play".
Again, if Arians sux, if our O-line sux then how come its just FINE when Leftwich is qbing? In the Eagles game we couldnt get anything going and Ben was sacked 8 times. Enter Byron and he promptly drove us down to the 15 yard line and Nate dropped a Td. Vs the Skins the offense was struggling bad Ben had 3 sacks and 1 int and gets hurt at half. Enter Byron and the offense is clicking and hes striking like a match. Today. Offense is looking ok in spots, Ben is picked, only good run was Willies 34 yarder (offense produced 7 points). Enter Byron and mind you he has had limited time in our offense. He produces 17 points, NO TURNOVERS, NO SACKS and no bad decisions, the running game generates 133 yards while hes in, the defense gets rest and the rest is a 31-0 win. How come there was ZERO offensive line problems ALL THREE times this guy has played? Deny the proof all you want but BYRON LEFTWICH runs our offense Better than Ben. You might not like it but you cant deny it.
I'm not denying or admitting to anything :greengrin: Back when Ben first got drafted there were a lot of us who questioned his work habits getting prepared for games. Early success has gone to his head. But until he has a total melt down, you can't argue with his record and his way of bringing us back to win games. Sooner then later Leftwich will have folded like a house of cards. I understand where your coming from but Pittsburgh is his 3rd team for a reason.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-29-2008, 01:54 AM
Im a true steeler fan...... and put lefty in the game...

Another true homer proving the adage " the most popular athlete in Pittsburgh is the back up QB" lol How can you seriously sit there and say that lefty should be the starting QB for the STEELERS?? When yins get the chance how bout passing the pipe all the way around so we all can enjoy it !!

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 02:02 AM
Another true homer proving the adage " the most popular athlete in Pittsburgh is the back up QB" lol How can you seriously sit there and say that lefty should be the starting QB for the STEELERS?? When yins get the chance how bout passing the pipe all the way around so we all can enjoy it !!

He can say that because hes OBJECTIVE and putting aside all bias and preference. Byron has played better than Ben. The offense runs better with him in. If you say different then your not being truthful. Again, I'm a Steeler fan Not a Byron fan or a Ben fan. If they both left, I'd still be a fan.

steelers4life66
12-29-2008, 02:22 AM
I know after his motorcycle wreck he was complaining about suffering from vertigo.Not trying to be funny. I sometimes wonder if he may have suffered some damage to he's brain. I mean if you have vertigo it would be damn hard to go through all your progressions and read your receivers in two to three seconds.

popstaala
12-29-2008, 02:26 AM

you must be big ben... hey you suck... ill pretend that im a reporter and your big ben..
hey how did you get sacked so many times?
Ben: the line sucks/i hold on to the ball
hey howcome leftwich dont get sacked?
ben: line doing their job/ he release the ball
hey do you read defense better than lefty?
ben: yes i do/ no he does
hey does your reading affects the sack rate?
ben: no/yes
hey did you know that if a coner/db is blitzing you have a hot receiver on the blitzing side
ben:ummmm i know that/ ummm i dont know that
how many times have a corner/db sacked you this season?
ben: umm i dont know/ ummm alot

OKKK thats enough i hope you get where im goin? there alot more of it... just let me know... bottom line is that lefty can work with our line and reciever:cope:

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 12:26 AM ---

again im a true steeler fan... i dont hate ben... i just want what every fan out there wants... a win... or at least a team lost... note i said team lost not a single handed give away present by ben...

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 02:28 AM
I know after his motorcycle wreck he was complaining about suffering from vertigo.Not trying to be funny. I sometimes wonder if he may have suffered some damage to he's brain. I mean if you have vertigo it would be damn hard to go through all your progressions and read your receivers in two to three seconds.

That cant be the case because Ben had a GOOD season last year.

popstaala
12-29-2008, 02:33 AM
scalaid... i guess we are the only steeler fans in here that actually watch football... and hope for our team to win

DIESELMAN
12-29-2008, 02:34 AM
scalaid... i guess we are the only steeler fans in here that actually watch football... and hope for our team to win
Don't even start that BS!!

popstaala
12-29-2008, 02:43 AM
Don't even start that BS!!

my bad bro... we are all steeler fans... we are all different.... we all want a win... and my approach is leftwich...

AZ_Steeler
12-29-2008, 02:56 AM
Both QB's have a different style... Ben tries to make the most out of every play where Byron keeps the chains moving. It really depends on what style you like the most. If you're conservative you'll like Byron's approach. If you're a risk taker then you're a Big Ben fan! It's all about what you like as an individual.

popstaala
12-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Both QB's have a different style... Ben tries to make the most out of every play where Byron keeps the chains moving. It really depends on what style you like the most. If you're conservative you'll like Byron's approach. If you're a risk taker then you're a Big Ben fan! It's all about what you like as an individual.

you didnt mention which one most likely to turn the ball over..

AZ_Steeler
12-29-2008, 03:04 AM
you didnt mention which one most likely to turn the ball over..

Obviously the one most likely to turn the ball over is going to be the risk taker... A prime example is Brett Favre! Doesn't matter though... Ben is the franchise QB and will be for a long time to come. Right now I feel the problem is not Ben but the system is he in... the poor guy tries to make the most out of the pile of **** Arians calls a playbook!

I think I know you're problem though... you were a Kordell supporter and got burned once and are afraid to get get burned a second time! :bigthumb:

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 03:18 AM
Byron produces points the offense is lathargic under Ben. Have you guys seen this offense ALL YEAR? Byron came in vs Eagles after Ben had 4 turnovers AND A SAFETY. Leftwich came in and moved us to the 15 yard line of the eagles effortlessly. The Eagles rush was giving Ben fits (8sacks) how come it didnt bother Byron? (one sack;his fault) He got the ball out fast,burned the D and made Jim Johnson back off the blitz. Had Nate held onto that td pass it would have been a one possesion game. In Washingto he did the same thing. Today the same thing. The offense has looked good under Byron. Why you guys prefer a qb that struggles with coverages and turns the ball over when under durress is beyond me.

AZ_Steeler
12-29-2008, 03:20 AM
we can bitch and moan about it all we want but when it comes down to it we don't make the calls! So what's the point in beating a dead horse!

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 03:20 AM
Obviously the one most likely to turn the ball over is going to be the risk taker... A prime example is Brett Favre! Doesn't matter though... Ben is the franchise QB and will be for a long time to come. Right now I feel the problem is not Ben but the system is he in... the poor guy tries to make the most out of the pile of **** Arians calls a playbook!

I think I know you're problem though... you were a Kordell supporter and got burned once and are afraid to get get burned a second time! :bigthumb:

Ben had a pro bowl season under that SAME system. Next excuse. Bryon is playing well in that same system. A system he doesnt know as well as Ben. Keep in mind BEN CREATED THIS SYSTEM. Arians formulated the playbook WITH Ben. Come on guys, this is too easy!

popstaala
12-29-2008, 03:26 AM
we can bitch and moan about it all we want but when it comes down to it we don't make the calls! So what's the point in beating a dead horse!

note that fans can make a big difference... ask the eagles fans...

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 03:28 AM

Ben ints and turnovers are not the result of being a risk taker they are the result of being CONFUSED. Was he taking a risk on that int to Heath today? How about the 2 he threw to Rasheen Mathis in the playoffs last season? The one for 6 he threw to Rashean this sesaon? The one before halftime vs the Colts? How about the one vs the Eagles where he threw in double coverage (twice), how about the one vs Giants?
Our offenses problem is not the line and not the playcalling it is EXECUTION.
Ben does a POOR job of carrying out fakes and selling the run on playaction (fools nobody). He does a poor job of executing screens (throws the ball too soon and doesnt let the blockers get in place and usually throws the ball into the rbs back as a result of being too eager) His footwork and mechanics are often incorrect. Lots of times he throws passes with his lead foot not pointing at the target but pointing outward, this causes an errant pass. The guy is a fundamental nightmare. Tom Brady, Both Mannings, Brees and even Rookie Matt Ryan are some of the best executing qbs fundamental wise in the League.

AZ_Steeler
12-29-2008, 03:29 AM
:deadhorse:

Ben may have helped devise the playbook but he's not the one calling the plays from the sideline. Take a look at Ben's numbers when he goes to the hurry up and calls the plays... it's a different story. Like I said... one is a play maker and the other one is conservative by keeping the chains moving.

What if Byron starts in the playoffs and throws 3 picks and loses the game... there are so many unknowns it's ridiculous to even keep this topic going. What do you want to hear... You're right! You nailed that one on the head! Way to go! We are not worthy! Happy now! Can this topic be closed or do you want to continue to pound it a little more!

AZ_Steeler
12-29-2008, 03:31 AM
note that fans can make a big difference... ask the eagles fans...

Sorry but I don't want to be classified as an Eagle fan... and I don't get paid to make the calls as I'm sure nobody else on here does either!

Steel Trap86
12-29-2008, 03:34 AM
The offense has looked good under Byron, with Ben banged up even more now, I dont know if I trust him in the playoffs, one win and you're out, he knows that and so does everybody. He cant be turning the ball over like he has, or throwing interceptions for touchdowns, he has to be on top of his game all day everyday. I think if Ben starts that **** again he should be taken off, not because I think he sucks, just because Byron has proven he is a solid backup and can move the chains and even score touchdowns! We have come a long way this season and I defenatley do not want to see it go down because of stupid mistakes like last year!!!!!!

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 03:34 AM

Ben may have helped devise the playbook but he's not the one calling the plays from the sideline. Take a look at Ben's numbers when he goes to the hurry up and calls the plays... it's a different story. Like I said... one is a play maker and the other one is conservative by keeping the chains moving.

What if Byron starts in the playoffs and throws 3 picks and loses the game... there are so many unknowns it's ridiculous to even keep this topic going. What do you want to hear... You're right! You nailed that one on the head! Way to go! We are not worthy! Happy now! Can this topic be closed or do you want to continue to pound it a little more!

According to Phil Simms in his meeting with Ben he said "Ben Roethlisbergers says he doesnt hear Offensive Coordinator Bruce Arians 75% of the time-Ben calls alot of his own plays"
Ben excells in the no huddle because he has less time to think. You ever notice that he lets the playclock run down to :01 and :00 90% of the time? It takes him that long to get his pre snap read and call out the blocking assignments. Today he called the blocking assignment and Hartwig corrected him and Ben said "Yeah" and repeated what Hartwig yelled. Anyone catch that?

popstaala
12-29-2008, 03:35 AM

:lol: lets close this topic... after all i said about ben... i still have this feeling that its not going to change a damn thing and hes going to win us another one .:cope::greengrin::cope:

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 03:38 AM
If Byron starts a playoff game and throws 3 ints you guys will murder him and not give him the same benefit of the doubt that you give "turnoveralot" and at that point I will break out my bag of excuses like you guys do. Fair exchange aint no robbery

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 01:38 AM ---

If Ben wins us another one I'M ALL FOR IT! As I said Betsy Ross could be our qb is she was good and we win it all, I'm on board.

AZ_Steeler
12-29-2008, 03:38 AM
:thud: Dude... yes you are making valid points but seriously... what is the point now? I see both sides of the story, so I see where you are coming from and I also see where the Ben supporters are coming from... What point are trying to prove now that you insist on continuing this...

I think I have it now... "You're exactly right!" now I won't post anything after you respond so that way you can have the last word because that's what you want! :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
12-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Believe me... go back and look and you will see that Ben wasn't cut any slack in the games that he cost the Steelers this year. Doesn't matter though because they are in the playoffs and it's a new season.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-29-2008, 06:35 AM
I think that the "Steelers" rock ! I think one dude is not gonna win in the play-offs .It's gotta be a "whole team" concept baby. Everyone on this team is going to have to be a factor for us to have success,everyone. Even the waterboy could make a difference.(LOL) To reach our goal , it is going to come down to a team effort. No link in the chain is more important than the ones that are connected to it. Try to break that chain , if that chain breaks , your done .Simple and plain !:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

newsteelersfan
12-29-2008, 04:00 PM
I love this fallacious "lets start the scrub QB because he had a good game in a meaningless regular season game against a sub .500 team" reasoning. It's a good thing you aren't the GM, otherwise the team would be shuffling quarterbacks left and right.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 04:44 PM
That "scrub" qb played better than Ben in the Eagles game, the Skins game and the MEANINGLESS game yesterday. The Browns were able to pick Ben off (on a sloooow read over the middle) and hurt him (made their season) but could not contain the "scrub" qb.
I love it when guys start calling Byron names. This guy is making us a better team by providing depth to the qb position and you guys bash him. Why has Byron done to you guys? Has he had anything but success this season? If your a Steeler fan why does this hurt or offend you?

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-29-2008, 04:51 PM
That "scrub" qb played better than Ben in the Eagles game, the Skins game and the MEANINGLESS game yesterday. The Browns were able to pick Ben off (on a sloooow read over the middle) and hurt him (made their season) but could not contain the "scrub" qb.
I love it when guys start calling Byron names. This guy is making us a better team by providing depth to the qb position and you guys bash him. Why has Byron done to you guys? Has he had anything but success this season? If your a Steeler fan why does this hurt or offend you?

If you think the Steelers rock dude ,you might ease up on your comments. Its not about Big Ben ,or about Byron . Its about the whole team. Ease up man , please?

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
If you think the Steelers rock dude ,you might ease up on your comments. Its not about Big Ben ,or about Byron . Its about the whole team. Ease up man , please?

Ease up? What am I saying thats harsh? Im posting facts. I am not calling anyone name or cursing etc. You need to tell those who dont fall into that category to ease up. I dont give Ben ammunity to criticism nor anyone on the team that warrants it. They are ALL fair game. Sorry

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Ease up? What am I saying thats harsh? Im posting facts. I am not calling anyone name or cursing etc. You need to tell those who dont fall into that category to ease up. I dont give Ben ammunity to criticism nor anyone on the team that warrants it. They are ALL fair game. Sorry

Your permanent solution to a temporary problem , just doesn't make too much sense thats all. If Ben dumped ya cause your a no good piece of **** ,well i'm sorry. Get off his back and look at yourself. Dim wit. We have faith in his abilities ,and you have as much say in it as i do. Can't wait ta hear ya when he does everything right ,and brings us loyal fans trophy number 6. You might want to go back under the rock from which you emerged. Maybe somewhere in Baltimore ,Cleveland might be a nice place for your sorry ***. Maybe you could become thier new coach , and we could clean your "clock" two times each year. Freakin Freak.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Your permanent solution to a temporary problem , just doesn't make too much sense thats all. If Ben dumped ya cause your a no good piece of **** ,well i'm sorry. Get off his back and look at yourself. Dim wit. We have faith in his abilities ,and you have as much say in it as i do. Can't wait ta hear ya when he does everything right ,and brings us loyal fans trophy number 6. You might want to go back under the rock from which you emerged. Maybe somewhere in Baltimore ,Cleveland might be a nice place for your sorry ***. Maybe you could become thier new coach , and we could clean your "clock" two times each year. Freakin Freak.

So what your saying is "I cant defend what you say about Ben so I will resort to calling names". I understand sir. Hey, if Ben does as you say he will and wins us a Super Bowl I will be all for it and will be here to give him props. Im a Steeler fan unlike some of you. Your fanhood is not as strong if Byron is leading the troops and thats a shame. My fanhood is strong regardless of WHO gets it done as long as it gets done. Just check our last 5 losses sir and you look at Bens stats and YOU tell me why we lost ok? Please tell us what you find. YOu cant give Ben the credit when we win but get mad when he is blamed in losses.
Sorry if I pissed you off and made you lose your erection while you were fondling your Ben Roethlisberger hollow headed bobble head doll.

Stairwayto7
12-29-2008, 05:36 PM

Nail on the head!

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 03:36 PM ---

Its easy to see from the comfort of your living room on your big screen. The pressure on the int was straight up the middle, if he could have seen he would have thrown. Now you will comeback with, excuses! Wow how original

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 06:41 PM
So what your saying is "I cant defend what you say about Ben so I will resort to calling names". I understand sir. Hey, if Ben does as you say he will and wins us a Super Bowl I will be all for it and will be here to give him props. Im a Steeler fan unlike some of you. Your fanhood is not as strong if Byron is leading the troops and thats a shame. My fanhood is strong regardless of WHO gets it done as long as it gets done. Just check our last 5 losses sir and you look at Bens stats and YOU tell me why we lost ok? Please tell us what you find. YOu cant give Ben the credit when we win but get mad when he is blamed in losses.
Sorry if I pissed you off and made you lose your erection while you were fondling your Ben Roethlisberger hollow headed bobble head doll.

That is really uncalled for just because some people don't agree with you. You sound just like a bunch of those fans on another site that think they are the only real fans, and if you don't agree with them you aren't a true fan of the team. Get over yourself. Everyone here wants the team to win regardless of who is starting where. Just not everyone agrees how to get there and that is why we have discussions about things like this. Doesn't make anyone less of a fan by not agreeing with you.

Others have posted as many facts as you but you just call them excuses.
I don't need to look at Bens stats during 5 losses. We all know what happened in them. At the same time I could go get you the stats of 5 games Lefty lost that could look just as bad. Or 2 halfs of play that make Ben look good.

Ben has taking his beatings here just as Parker, Troy and others have when they don't play well. I think this thread was about it not being all Ben's fault and it wasn't. That isn't defending him. That is a fact. Did he contribute to the problems? Yes. But not any one player on this team is to blame for all the problems on offense.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2008, 06:51 PM
That is really uncalled for just because some people don't agree with you. You sound just like a bunch of those fans on another site that think they are the only real fans, and if you don't agree with them you aren't a true fan of the team. Get over yourself. Everyone here wants the team to win regardless of who is starting where. Just not everyone agrees how to get there and that is why we have discussions about things like this. Doesn't make anyone less of a fan by not agreeing with you.

I don't need to look at Bens stats during 5 losses. We all know what happened in them. At the same time I could go get you the stats of 5 games Lefty lost that could look just as bad. Or 2 halfs of play that make Ben look good.

Ben has taking his beatings here just as Parker, Troy and others have when they don't play well. I think this thread was about it not being all Ben's fault and it wasn't. That isn't defending him. That is a fact. Did he contribute to the problems? Yes. But not any one player on this team is to blame for all the problems on offense.

Couldn't have said it anybetter myself Dan...and quite frankly Im getting tired of playing cleanup with these 3 threads going off topic, so is AZ, Diesel and any other staff that has come across them so can everybody involved just chill and keep it on topic.

Having said that; this board is never afraid to call out a player when they stink up the joint...nobody on this team is above reproach regardless of who they are. If you're going to bring up a player and criticize him then be ready to defend your stand from those that disagree with you and just cry fould excuses when somebody calls your bluff or backs you into a corner.

There's 45 players dressed on game day and a miriad of coaches who are there on the sidlelines. It's the coaches job to put a game plan together and the players job to execute it in order to win. If one of those cogs fails at any point in the game the outcome is in doubt on any given week. You can't ever blame a loss on any one player.

SteelerFan87
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
The only people who truly think Byron Leftwich should be starting instead of Ben Roethlisberger are either morons, or people who just love to hate whoever is the starting QB of the Steelers. And really, those are kind of the same thing.

I guarantee you there is not 1 single person around the league who thinks Byron should start over Ben.

Ben has almost twice as many TDs and Passing yards in his career than Leftwich, and a career passer rating that's 9.1 higher. Not to mention a SB ring. Ben was 2nd only to Tom Brady in TDs and Passer Rating last year. Ben has led numerous game winning drives this year. If you want to blame Ben for the offense being sluggish, then you also have to credit him with putting that offense on his back and marching down the field to win games when we desperately need a score.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 09:13 PM

Again, Ben gets all the credit when we win but you cant take it when he gets blame in a loss. I dont care what you say turnovers kill teams and we have lost 5 games due to turnovers and Our line didnt make Ben fumble on the 1 vs the Titans. SORRY.

BlitzburghNation
12-29-2008, 09:15 PM
The only people who truly think Byron Leftwich should be starting instead of Ben Roethlisberger are either morons, or people who just love to hate whoever is the starting QB of the Steelers. And really, those are kind of the same thing.

I guarantee you there is not 1 single person around the league who thinks Byron should start over Ben.

Ben has almost twice as many TDs and Passing yards in his career than Leftwich, and a career passer rating that's 9.1 higher. Not to mention a SB ring. Ben was 2nd only to Tom Brady in TDs and Passer Rating last year. Ben has led numerous game winning drives this year. If you want to blame Ben for the offense being sluggish, then you also have to credit him with putting that offense on his back and marching down the field to win games when we desperately need a score.

Well said :clap:
Last count i heard,,,,,,Ben had 17 comebacks :greengrin: I think Elway has 42,,,,,
IMO all ben needs to do is throw the ball away a few more times and run with the ball when he see's an opening to get positive yards :yesnod:
Sure i get disgusted with int's like everyone on here,,,,,But i can take the bad with the good,,,,,,,,,:popcorn:

Silverback
12-29-2008, 09:19 PM
In the end you just just can't make the judgment that Byron should start based on one half of garbage time football against a garbage team. I don't Leftwich has ever played in a clutch game in his career.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Couldn't have said it anybetter myself Dan...and quite frankly Im getting tired of playing cleanup with these 3 threads going off topic, so is AZ, Diesel and any other staff that has come across them so can everybody involved just chill and keep it on topic.

Having said that; this board is never afraid to call out a player when they stink up the joint...nobody on this team is above reproach regardless of who they are. If you're going to bring up a player and criticize him then be ready to defend your stand from those that disagree with you and just cry fould excuses when somebody calls your bluff or backs you into a corner.

There's 45 players dressed on game day and a miriad of coaches who are there on the sidlelines. It's the coaches job to put a game plan together and the players job to execute it in order to win. If one of those cogs fails at any point in the game the outcome is in doubt on any given week. You can't ever blame a loss on any one player.

Then how come the Steeler Nation has been blaming Neil O'donnell for 13 years for Super Bowl 30. Put up a poll on this site about Super Bowl 30 and ask who do you blame and then list 1. Oc- Chan Gailey 2. Neil O'donnell 3. Bill Cowher 4. Offensive Line
And see what the results will be.
The truth is you guys like Ben and dont like Neil so you cover the guys faults that you like. To say Neil is the blame for the Super Bowl 30 loss and then to say its a team game and no one player is resposible for a loss is not true and if it is true then why is Neil to blame and Ben is not?
My "fan" statement is not as bad as what I'm being called. If you guys cant take it then dont dish it. Simple

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Again, Ben gets all the credit when we win but you cant take it when he gets blame in a loss. I dont care what you say turnovers kill teams and we have lost 5 games due to turnovers and Our line didnt make Ben fumble on the 1 vs the Titans. SORRY.

That's the thing, Ben DOESN"T get all the credit when they win and I have blamed him myself for some losses. I just don't blame him for all the problems like you do.

You really don't make any sense with your posts. One minute you say it's all Ben's fault then you say it isn't in another post. You even went so far as saying one INT wasn't Ben's fault! So which is it?

You can't take it when people don't agree with you and back up their statements. You come back by posting a novel that says nothing. Show me where I said tunrovers don't kill teams? That's right, you can't. We've lost 4 games this year due to turnovers.

Around and around we go........

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Well said :clap:
Last count i heard,,,,,,Ben had 17 comebacks :greengrin: I think Elway has 42,,,,,
IMO all ben needs to do is throw the ball away a few more times and run with the ball when he see's an opening to get positive yards :yesnod:
Sure i get disgusted with int's like everyone on here,,,,,But i can take the bad with the good,,,,,,,,,:popcorn:

According to Ed Bouchette the Steeler players are grumbling. I guess they are morons.
I can take the bad with the good too but not in a LOSER out Tourney. Have you guys forgotten our last playoff game? 5 turnovers by our qb. He even got picked by a DL. Ben does NOT have a good record vs good teams. Nor has he played well. He has ballooned his stats vs bad team. Shall I post that info again? What kind of teams are in the playoffs? GOOD ONES. (cue the "Looke what Ben did in 05 vs the Broncos, Bengals and Colts") Yigh Yigh Yigh

Silverback
12-29-2008, 09:25 PM
According to Ed Bouchette the Steeler players are grumbling. I guess they are morons.
I can take the bad with the good too but not in a LOSER out Tourney. Have you guys forgotten our last playoff game? 5 turnovers by our qb. He even got picked by a DL. Ben does NOT have a good record vs good teams. Nor has he played well. He has ballooned his stats vs bad team. Shall I post that info again? What kind of teams are in the playoffs? GOOD ONES. (cue the "Looke what Ben did in 05 vs the Broncos, Bengals and Colts") Yigh Yigh Yigh

And why shouldn't we quote what he did in '05? I think that went pretty well.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
In the end you just just can't make the judgment that Byron should start based on one half of garbage time football against a garbage team. I don't Leftwich has ever played in a clutch game in his career.

Again, see the Eagles game, see the Skins game and see the Browns game. BOTH qbs played in those games one had problems (ben) the other did not (byron)

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 07:26 PM ---

And why shouldn't we quote what he did in '05? I think that went pretty well.

If you have to go back 3 seasons to make your point Well.... That makes my point

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Then how come the Steeler Nation has been blaming Neil O'donnell for 13 years for Super Bowl 30. Put up a poll on this site about Super Bowl 30 and ask who do you blame and then list 1. Oc- Chan Gailey 2. Neil O'donnell 3. Bill Cowher 4. Offensive Line
And see what the results will be.
The truth is you guys like Ben and dont like Neil so you cover the guys faults that you like. To say Neil is the blame for the Super Bowl 30 loss and then to say its a team game and no one player is resposible for a loss is not true and if it is true then why is Neil to blame and Ben is not?
My "fan" statement is not as bad as what I'm being called. If you guys cant take it then dont dish it. Simple

The truth is you have no idea on who I blame for that SB loss or whether I liked Neil or not. If you want the truth I'll tell ya. Neil and the WR's were at fault (much like Ben and Holmes) for not being on the same page. And I was all for the Steelers re-sigining Neil. There, now you know the truth.

Peope call you names they call you names. Big deal. But to think others are less of a fan because YOU think they are is stupid. You sit there saying all this crap about how you KNOW what everyone is thinking and make stupid statements like everyone just makes excuses for Ben even when they give you actual facts of why something wasn't or was his fault. You say nothing except Ben turned the ball over. Ben cost us 4-5 games. Most would agree with you on some of it but yet you keep sitting there saying "all of us" or "all steelers fans" like you are some king ****.

Silverback
12-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Again, see the Eagles game, see the Skins game and see the Browns game. BOTH qbs played in those games one had problems (ben) the other did not (byron)

If you have to go back 3 seasons to make your point Well.... That makes my point

True, but its still way too early to make claims that Byron is better than Ben, Leftwich did get released after being a 'franchise quarterback' last year.

BlitzburghNation
12-29-2008, 09:37 PM

Look at the end of the ravens game,jags game and the list goes on & on,,,,,,But your right Byron should be our starter and we should trade ben :duh: Because byron is so much better,,,,he's been released by 2 teams and he's took his team to the superbowl and now he's a backup that should be the starter and everyone in the league and all the fans,reporters,anaylists should listen to all your http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/pileofsteamingshxt01-1.gif because you know what's best for this team,,,,,,
Here have some more http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/cheese.jpg
with all your http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/thcrysmiley1.gif

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Top 10 pass defenses Ben has faced THIS YEAR......

Eagles #2 - 50.6 - 0TD/1INT/ 3UM - 5.24YPA
Ravens #3 - 80.4 - 1TD/1INT - 7.96 YPA
Ravens #3 - 81.9 - 1TD/0INT - 6.15 YPA
Giants #7 - 38.5 - 1TD/4INT - 6.52 YPA
Redskins # 6 - 15.1 - 0TD/1INT - 2.94 YPA
Colts #10 - 59.0 - 0TD/3INT - 6.83 YPA
Cowboys #4 - 80.9 - 1TD/0INT - 6.18 YPA
Titans #8 - 86.6 - 2TD/2INT/2FUMBLES - 8.20 YPA

Total = 61.6 rating | 6 TD | 12 INT | 5 FUMBLES /6.25 YPA
I KNOW I KNOW ITS THE LINE.... OR THE RUNNING GAME..... OR ARIANS. LOL

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Here you go...... All Ben's fault and then it isn't. We all have to be fair?

Mchugh has also missed his share too. Davis is the better lead blocker according to willie. Last season we had a fb in there lead blocking (davis) and Willie was leading the league until he broke his leg.
Im no Arians fan but you guys have to be fair. Ben audibles to alot of run plays and pass plays. We have no idea who calls the plays so to blame Arians on conjecture is not fair.
Evidence of this is 3 audibles by Ben from passes to runs resulting in 3 carries for -2 yards. Thats not Arians fault or Bens, its about execution.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 09:47 PM
The truth is you have no idea on who I blame for that SB loss or whether I liked Neil or not. If you want the truth I'll tell ya. Neil and the WR's were at fault (much like Ben and Holmes) for not being on the same page. And I was all for the Steelers re-sigining Neil. There, now you know the truth.

Peope call you names they call you names. Big deal. But to think others are less of a fan because YOU think they are is stupid. You sit there saying all this crap about how you KNOW what everyone is thinking and make stupid statements like everyone just makes excuses for Ben even when they give you actual facts of why something wasn't or was his fault. You say nothing except Ben turned the ball over. Ben cost us 4-5 games. Most would agree with you on some of it but yet you keep sitting there saying "all of us" or "all steelers fans" like you are some king ****.

Regardless the Steeler Nation blame Neil and if hes the blame its hypocritcal to change the standard.
I dont think I am king ****. I am killing you guys because I have the truth on my side and that gives me an advantage, that is all.

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 07:43 PM ---

True, but its still way too early to make claims that Byron is better than Ben, Leftwich did get released after being a 'franchise quarterback' last year.

I never said he was better. I said he processes the informatin faster and gets the ball out quicker, manages the game better and doesnt turn the ball over or take sacks that put us in bad situations. Thats what I said. How is him getting released by the jags working out for them? Do you think Garrard is better? I do not. How come EVERY Jaguars was pissed off about the decision to bench him? It was a decision by Del Rio because he didnt like Byron and will cost him his job.

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 07:45 PM ---

Look at the end of the ravens game,jags game and the list goes on & on,,,,,,But your right Byron should be our starter and we should trade ben :duh: Because byron is so much better,,,,he's been released by 2 teams and he's took his team to the superbowl and now he's a backup that should be the starter and everyone in the league and all the fans,reporters,anaylists should listen to all your http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/pileofsteamingshxt01-1.gif because you know what's best for this team,,,,,,
Here have some more http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/cheese.jpg
with all your http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/thcrysmiley1.gif

Ravens game? They are neck and neck with us WITH A ROOKIE qb? Why should we be coming back against them? They arent all our level! We should smash them. Fact. Ben played like crap and on the last drive he played like he is capable of playing. Your satisfied with that? Im not. I hope you dont run a business like that. The jags game he had to bring us back because HE put us in the hole with that PICK 6 to Rashean.

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 07:47 PM ---

Here you go...... All Ben's fault and then it isn't. We all have to be fair?

Tell me what I described didnt happen in the Titans game. Go ahead Tell me it didnt happen. MY point is you dont know WHO Calls the plays. If you do then prove it.

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 09:49 PM

Eagles #2 - 50.6 - 0TD/1INT/ 3UM - 5.24YPA 33 yds rushing
Ravens #3 - 80.4 - 1TD/1INT - 7.96 YPA 69 yds rushing
Ravens #3 - 81.9 - 1TD/0INT - 6.15 YPA 91 yds rushing
Giants #7 - 38.5 - 1TD/4INT - 6.52 YPA 95 yds rushing
Redskins # 6 - 15.1 - 0TD/1INT - 2.94 YPA 64 yds rushing
Colts #10 - 59.0 - 0TD/3INT - 6.83 YPA 59 yds rushing
Cowboys #4 - 80.9 - 1TD/0INT - 6.18 YPA 70 yds rushing
Titans #8 - 86.6 - 2TD/2INT/2FUMBLES - 8.20 YPA 73 yds rushing

Put the team rushing yards in there for you too. Guess it couldn't have been the rushing game or OL with those stats though.

Regardless the Steeler Nation blame Neil and if hes the blame its hypocritcal to change the standard.
I dont think I am king ****. I am killing you guys because I have the truth on my side and that gives me an advantage, that is all.

The truth is all in your head. Get over yourself already.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 09:51 PM

This is what worries me about Ben in a one game tourney. Our offense has sucked all season but I'm supposed to believe that now we will get out of our rut? I'm concerned

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Tell me what I described didnt happen in the Titans game. Go ahead Tell me it didnt happen. MY point is you dont know WHO Calls the plays. If you do then prove it.

MY point is neither do, you but you seem to be the only one claiming to know who's all to blame for every loss. But then you turn around and make excuses for players and coaches and even Ben of all people. Why didn't you respond to that? Oh, that's right. The truth hurts doesn't it.

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 09:56 PM
This is what worries me about Ben in a one game tourney. Our offense has sucked all season but I'm supposed to believe that now we will get out of our rut? I'm concerned

Those rushing stats should worry you too. This offense needs to just not turn the ball over and take advantage of what is given them. Put points on the board. They do that and they can win any game.

Scalaid6
12-29-2008, 10:01 PM
MY point is neither do, you but you seem to be the only one claiming to know who's all to blame for every loss. But then you turn around and make excuses for players and coaches and even Ben of all people. Why didn't you respond to that? Oh, that's right. The truth hurts doesn't it.

I have NEVER once blamed Ben for playcalling. I said he called an audible and it didnt work out. Successful plays are a result of execution. Why do you think Montana was good with Holmgren/ Sam Wyche or whoever? If you give Tiger Woods a bad lie his greatness turns a negative into a positive. If you give Larry Bird/ Jordan a bad play their execution makes it work. Great players put paint where it aint. NO offensive coodinator is going to hold back Manning or Brady thats why they are basically unknown and the reason why Bradys OC is only 26 years old. Come on guys

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 08:01 PM ---

Those rushing stats should worry you too. This offense needs to just not turn the ball over and take advantage of what is given them. Put points on the board. They do that and they can win any game.

AGREED. NOBODY IS BETTER THAN US BUT TURNOVERS EVEN THE PLAYING FIELD.

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Rushing game is not the issue? Ben gets the big bucks, Ben is the Lord according to you guys. Hes top 2 or 3 according to you guys. Brady won without a running game or name brand wrs. Manning won wit a rookie rb. The running game forced all of those turnovers? 23 turnover for the season. He had 25 in the season of the motorcycle and you guys say hes the MVP? Then you get mad at me for being concerned?

Wow, and here I thought that "you" thought that you were the lord.
Last time I looked I'm not "you guys" or "steelers nation", I'm me. If you want to generalize then don't quote what I say. If you want to reply to what I said then by all means quote away.

The running game, the OL, the OC, hell, everything about this offense is an issue. All I want them to do at this point is manage the game.

Stairwayto7
12-29-2008, 10:41 PM

I think we are all a little concerned, but not to the point that " The Sky is Falling" Chicken Little. Look at that list of defenses! We played the hardest schedule ever for a NFL team, 12-4 pretty impressive.

SteelerFan87
12-30-2008, 12:43 AM

Right. So in this 1 game tourney you're going to risk it all by suddenly switching to your backup, immobile, QB who has never achieved more than moderate success in the NFL? And you're going to ask him to take you to the SB? Byron is a good backup, but anyone with a brain was holding their breath when Ben went down, because without him, our season is over.

Wow.

AZ_Steeler
12-30-2008, 01:19 AM

You left out the number of sacks because that's a staggering number as well.

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 05:08 AM
You left out the number of sacks because that's a staggering number as well.

Number of Sacks = 46 On same as last 3 years

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 03:08 AM ---

Right. So in this 1 game tourney you're going to risk it all by suddenly switching to your backup, immobile, QB who has never achieved more than moderate success in the NFL? And you're going to ask him to take you to the SB? Byron is a good backup, but anyone with a brain was holding their breath when Ben went down, because without him, our season is over.

Wow.

I never said that now did I? Immobile? You guys act like Ben is fleet of foot. Ben is slow as Craig Morton. You call that wild running mobility? I call it desperation. Ben "buys time" hes not mobile. Heath Miller is faster than Ben (Best Friends/Keisel) and is Heath fast? How mobile was Marino? Aikman? Craig Morton? Warren Moon?, Jim Kelly, Bert Jones?, Rich Gannon? Ken Stabler?, Johnny Unitas, George Blanda? Sonny Jergensen?, Billy Kilmer? Peyton Manning? Tom Brady? Jim Mcmahon? Shall I go on?
Mike Vick and Randall Cunningham and Kordell are 3 of the most mobile qs in the history of the game and they were sacked ALOT. So mobility has nothing to do with anything, its about reading the D and getting the ball out quick.
I'm not willing to go down in flames with Ben this season like last year. I'm saying Tomlin should pull him if he goes on one of his turnover sprees. Everyone is so againts Byron and judging him by what he did 2 years ago and disregarding what he did this year. I wish Jeff Fisher was like you guys because if he was Vince Young would be qbing for the Titans and not Kerry Collins and we woulda smashed them with Vince.

JensK
12-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Obviously, if ben turns the ball over 5 times or something, he needs to sit the rest of the game. We cannot affort that, but if he does not, he is the better qb than Leftwich, period:

SB Rings: Big Ben 1 - Leftwich 0

Wins after the first 5 seasons: Big Ben 50 (league record) - Leftwich 34 (which probably is way high seeing he did not start all his games at all).

Avg: QB rating: Leftwich 80.3 - Big Ben 89.4

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Obviously, if ben turns the ball over 5 times or something, he needs to sit the rest of the game. We cannot affort that, but if he does not, he is the better qb than Leftwich, period:

SB Rings: Big Ben 1 - Leftwich 0

Wins after the first 5 seasons: Big Ben 50 (league record) - Leftwich 34 (which probably is way high seeing he did not start all his games at all).

Avg: QB rating: Leftwich 80.3 - Big Ben 89.4

5 turnovers? I'm thinking more like 3 and get him out of there.
SB rings:Steelers 1 (In Bens tenure) Ben played like *** in the SB we did not win that SB because of Ben. Ben has 50 wins based on the fact that he is on a good team not because of him. Thats why he has One Pro Bowl and one All Pro nomination. Deshae Townsend, Ike Taylor, Hines Ward, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton and Troy Polamalu ALSO have 50 wins- little perspective.
Qb rating is relatively close considering the two teams. That is career qb rating. What is their qb ratings NOW?
Ben-80.3
Byron 104
This season Byron has outplayed him. This season Ben has TWENTY THREE TURNOVERS! He had TWENTY FIVE in the motorcycle season. You wanna be one and done? This team is special and we dont need any bonehead turnovers messing it up like the 5 last season. Why everyone is so down on what Byron did in the past I dont know. I wonder if the Titans fans are saying that about Kerry Collins? You see where they are at? Byron is better than Kerry Collins by the way.

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 10:31 AM
5 turnovers? I'm thinking more like 3 and get him out of there.
SB rings:Steelers 1 (In Bens tenure) Ben played like *** in the SB we did not win that SB because of Ben. Ben has 50 wins based on the fact that he is on a good team not because of him. Thats why he has One Pro Bowl and one All Pro nomination. Deshae Townsend, Ike Taylor, Hines Ward, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton and Troy Polamalu ALSO have 50 wins- little perspective.
Qb rating is relatively close considering the two teams. That is career qb rating. What is their qb ratings NOW?
Ben-80.3
Byron 104
This season Byron has outplayed him. This season Ben has TWENTY THREE TURNOVERS! He had TWENTY FIVE in the motorcycle season. You wanna be one and done? This team is special and we dont need any bonehead turnovers messing it up like the 5 last season. Why everyone is so down on what Byron did in the past I dont know. I wonder if the Titans fans are saying that about Kerry Collins? You see where they are at? Byron is better than Kerry Collins by the way.

Byron has hardly played! His QB rating should be higher! I hope your smarter than that.

With Ben, especially in close games, we always have a chance. He has proven that again and again. Our team is 12-4 and have a 1st round bye. There is no QB controversy

LatrobePA
12-30-2008, 10:39 AM
There was a reason Leftwich was sitting on the couch watching football and Ben on the field winning our division and getting us a first round bye (against the best damn teams in the NFL)....D has rocked but there were a few games without Bens late come backs we'd been dead in the water...

Byron is a back-up, nothing more nothing less - NUFF SAID!

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Leftwich couldn`t keep the starting job in Jax, he couldn`t win the starting job in Atl even without Vick there. He is a gift as a backup for us! No more!

ejsteeler
12-30-2008, 11:25 AM
When will you realize that the fraction of playing time Lefty gets in no way compares to game in and game out time Ben has and Lefty's numbers would be worse if the times were reversed?
Do you not realize you are alone in this thought?
Does that not light a bulb for you?
No, it doesn't because all you wish to do is argue. Like a good politician, all you do is spin the numbers the way you wish to try and prove your point. And like most politicians, you are see through. We have answered your "why's" several times and several different ways, yet you refuse to acknowledge that. I'm not saying you should agree, but you keep saying "tell me how" or "tell me why" or "explain this" and we have, you just don't want to see it that way just as we do not want (nor could any sane person possibly) see it your way.
Come up with something new or don't come up with anything at all please. :banging:

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Blah. Blah, Blah! You are such a fool! Nobody ever said that Ben wasnt at fault at all. I`ve stated over and over its a combo of the line, Qb, and wr`s. Leftwich came in and played descent! Nothing worth all the praise that you give to him. His been in this league for one year longer than Ben, Ben has over 100TDs BL has 54. Ben wins games. The way you sound is that if Ben wouldn`t have lost those four games, we would be undefeated?? yeah Right.

I don`t have time to explain the game to you! But in Pittsburgh, we use the run to set up the pass. When we can`t get the running game going, good defenses blitz the hell out of our line, because they suck. Arians needs to see this, and go no huddle, or more play action. he doesn`t react at all. I`m going to stick to my guns here and say that our wideouts are over rated.

Sunday, Ben had a better game than BL anyway. He threw for more yards in less time. He moved us on two scoring drives, Parkers run, and the leftwich run, were both drives by Ben. He also had a nice pass to Washington, TD, that was called back. I wish there were a stat for TDs called back because we would lead the league. In all our losses also, we were stuffed on the goal line. Stuffed, I suppose the line not being able to get us a yard, is Bens fault also, damn him anyway.

Once again I actually do like knowing that BL is our backup, but I`m glad he is not our starter. If teams prepared all week for him, he would have alot worse numbers.

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Tomlin better have a quick hook. I remember that Raider game I was so mad at Cowher for not putting in batch. If he starts costing us (Jags last years playoffs). I say yank him or would you guys rather go down fighting with Ben and lose?

Here are three QB's who were considered "better" than Ben in there most important games this season and are going to be watching the playoffs.

Romo: 21/39 183 yards 1 int, and 2 lost fumbles. 3 total turnovers.
Favre: 20/40 233 yards 3 ints. 3 total turnovers.
Cutler: 33/49 316 yards 2 ints. 2 total turnovers.

Yet, some Ben haters will give them passes because they dont have a good defense or they lost some key players to injuries, blah blah blah. Yet, they constantly bash Ben, and continue to say he is mediocre. Ben fumbles or throws a pick, and he is the worst player. Romo, Favre, and Cutler dont get the same criticism, and if most of you Ben haters dont acknowledge this, then you all are hypocrites. You guys dont know what you have until its gone. Pittsburgh is lucky to have Ben.

BlackGold4vr
12-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Blah. Blah, Blah! You are such a fool! Nobody ever said that Ben wasnt at fault at all. I`ve stated over and over its a combo of the line, Qb, and wr`s. Leftwich came in and played descent! Nothing worth all the praise that you give to him. His been in this league for one year longer than Ben, Ben has over 100TDs BL has 54. Ben wins games. The way you sound is that if Ben wouldn`t have lost those four games, we would be undefeated?? yeah Right.

I don`t have time to explain the game to you! But in Pittsburgh, we use the run to set up the pass. When we can`t get the running game going, good defenses blitz the hell out of our line, because they suck. Arians needs to see this, and go no huddle, or more play action. he doesn`t react at all. I`m going to stick to my guns here and say that our wideouts are over rated.

Sunday, Ben had a better game than BL anyway. He threw for more yards in less time. He moved us on two scoring drives, Parkers run, and the leftwich run, were both drives by Ben. He also had a nice pass to Washington, TD, that was called back. I wish there were a stat for TDs called back because we would lead the league. In all our losses also, we were stuffed on the goal line. Stuffed, I suppose the line not being able to get us a yard, is Bens fault also, damn him anyway.

Once again I actually do like knowing that BL is our backup, but I`m glad he is not our starter. If teams prepared all week for him, he would have alot worse numbers.

:plus1:

Since I started filtering Scab6's moronic posts and saving myself from reading his idiocies I have had a happier disposition. :yesnod:

ejsteeler
12-30-2008, 12:10 PM

Since I started filtering Scab6's moronic posts and saving myself from reading his idiocies I have had a happier disposition. :yesnod:

:hilarious:

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 05:45 PM

Black and Yellow you having filtered anything. In the words of Howard Cossell: "The reason people dont like me is Because of Jealousy, Envy and Lack of Co-equal success"

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Black and Yellow you having filtered anything. In the words of Howard Cossell: "The reason people dont like me is Because of Jealousy, Envy and Lack of Co-equal success"

No! I just think that he is tired of your lack of knowledge

I`m getting a feeling that your not a Steelers fan. Your just a boy that likes to get a rise out of men!

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Here are three QB's who were considered "better" than Ben in there most important games this season and are going to be watching the playoffs.

Romo: 21/39 183 yards 1 int, and 2 lost fumbles. 3 total turnovers.
Favre: 20/40 233 yards 3 ints. 3 total turnovers.
Cutler: 33/49 316 yards 2 ints. 2 total turnovers.

Yet, some Ben haters will give them passes because they dont have a good defense or they lost some key players to injuries, blah blah blah. Yet, they constantly bash Ben, and continue to say he is mediocre. Ben fumbles or throws a pick, and he is the worst player. Romo, Favre, and Cutler dont get the same criticism, and if most of you Ben haters dont acknowledge this, then you all are hypocrites. You guys dont know what you have until its gone. Pittsburgh is lucky to have Ben.

See this is the Hypocrisy that has gotten a hold on you guys. THANK YOU FOR THIS POST! When it comes to Bens errors and failures its A COMBINATION OF THE TEAM thats causes it. Now this individual has put the SOLE reason the teams are at hom ON THE QUARTERBACK (as he should) but why are you so dishonest when it comes to Ben? This guy cites the VERY TURNOVERS that these qbs make and what is he saying? Hes saying that TURNOVERS KILLED THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAMS! EXACTLY! Thank you for MAKING MY POINT!

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Blah Blah Blah, Once again, you know nothing! I`m embarrassed for you! Its okay though, one of these days you`ll mature! Really you will, go ask your mom!

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 05:55 PM
No! I just think that he is tired of your lack of knowledge

I`m getting a feeling that your not a Steelers fan. Your just a boy that likes to get a rise out of men!

Lack of Knowledge? Thanks for the props sir. One man is going toe to toe with ALL of you and whos upset? YOU GUYS. Why? If you have truth on your side then utilize it. You guys act like Ben is the franchise. The franchise is the best player and that mans name is TROY POLAMALU!

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 03:54 PM ---

Blah Blah Blah, Once again, you know nothing! I`m embarrassed for you! Its okay though, one of these days you`ll mature! Really you will, go ask your mom!

Dont be upset sir because I pointed out that your a walking Oxymoron.

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 03:55 PM ---

What grown man starts off a sentence saying "Blah Blah Blah?" :cope:

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 05:59 PM
You haven`t gone toe to toe, you`ve made sense that`s the disturbing part. If you had brought something solid to the table, then all would be fine.

Once again not to lose track of what this thread is about.

Leftwich is a good QB, but not as good as Ben! If BL played the entire season, his stats would be worse than Bens. If the defenses prepared for him, he would be toast

Ben is our QB,Bottom Line!
Get Over
It!

Steelersfan
12-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Lack of Knowledge? Thanks for the props sir. One man is going toe to toe with ALL of you and whos upset? YOU GUYS. Why? If you have truth on your side then utilize it. You guys act like Ben is the franchise. The franchise is the best player and that mans name is TROY POLAMALU!

You wouldn't know the truth if it smacked you up side the head. You have yet to answer one post when you get called out. You just post up a bunch of crap that isn't even on topic.

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 06:10 PM
This notion that Leftwich is having success because the defense didnt prepare for him is rubbish. What NFL Coordinator doesnt have a plan B? This is just the LATES excuse to diminish what Byron has done. Why the resistance for this guy? Whats REALLY the problem guys? All he has done is help our team. Is he hurting the Steelers? One guy even said Ben played better. He said Byrons points were actually Bens. Here is why that example is flawed. We were on the Browns 23 yard line when Ben threw his int. Did we score? No. So points arent points until you actually score. By YOUR logic. If willie runs the ball to the 3 and is pushed out of bounds then they take him out and put in Russell and Russell scores, is that Willies Td? Of course not.
The desperation level is at an alltime high around here. When Ben got hurt he threw the pass to Heath and the ball was spotted on the Browns 33 yard line. When Byron comes in its 3rd and 7, he throws a completion to Heath to the 24 (1st and 10). After a false start by Kemo. Leftwich looks right, looks middle and then comes back to the left and hits his checkdown (carey davis) for 9 yards (Line gave him 5 seconds DUE TO HIM STAYIN IN THE POCKT-KEY) 3rd and 1 russell runs inside the 10. After a heated pass to Hines was incomplete byron runs it in from the 8. So these points should be attributed to Ben? WOW. The offense scored on 2 of the next 3 drives as well. He played 2 qtr and generated 17 points while rusty. I know I know its the Browns. But the same Browns had Ben in check AND beat the Giants. Yes Ben had a td called back but my question is why didnt he just do it again?

BlitzburghNation
12-30-2008, 06:14 PM
:popcorn:

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 06:16 PM
You haven`t gone toe to toe, you`ve made sense that`s the disturbing part. If you had brought something solid to the table, then all would be fine.

Once again not to lose track of what this thread is about.

Leftwich is a good QB, but not as good as Ben! If BL played the entire season, his stats would be worse than Bens. If the defenses prepared for him, he would be toast

Ben is our QB,Bottom Line!
Get Over
It!

Defenses DO prepare for the backup sir. If they didnt they wouldnt be in the NFL. How do you know what Byrons stats would be in a whole season on our team? Dont make absolute statements if you dont have absolute knowledge sir. I realize Ben is our qb and I'm fine with that. But while he is our qb I will still hold him to the standard that is expected of him, so dont get mad when I do. Get over what? Have I said one time that I dont want Ben on our team? If I did then show me. I just want Ben to play like he can. ?The way he played on that LAST drive vs the Ravens is how Ben CAN play and I want that guy 85% of the time not 10% what is wrong with that. Again, I am a STEELER fan. If Ben does good my Steelers do good, if he does bad more times than not my team does bad. Do you think I sit at home and HOPE Ben plays bad so I can be right? YOUR NUTS! That is what YOU GUYS do in regards to Byron, you sit on his EVERY mistake and hope he makes one to me fans dont do that

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 04:16 PM ---

You wouldn't know the truth if it smacked you up side the head. You have yet to answer one post when you get called out. You just post up a bunch of crap that isn't even on topic.

Substantiate that statement sir. Dont worry I'll wait

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Funny thing is BL has played descent in three games. Not much!

Two of the games, we were winning at the time that he came! Thanks in part to Ben!

And the other game we were losing, and BL came in with 2:26 to go! He ran the 2 minute offense which Ben is usually at his best, and Philly was backing off in a prevent D, anway. Against Washington, if it weren`t for two defense of penalties on third down, we would have punted! Wow great job BL, thats worth benching Ben!

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 04:20 PM ---

Defenses DO prepare for the backup sir. If they didnt they wouldnt be in the NFL. How do you know what Byrons stats would be in a whole season on our team? Dont make absolute statements if you dont have absolute knowledge sir. I realize Ben is our qb and I'm fine with that. But while he is our qb I will still hold him to the standard that is expected of him, so dont get mad when I do. Get over what? Have I said one time that I dont want Ben on our team? If I did then show me. I just want Ben to play like he can. ?The way he played on that LAST drive vs the Ravens is how Ben CAN play and I want that guy 85% of the time not 10% what is wrong with that. Again, I am a STEELER fan. If Ben does good my Steelers do good, if he does bad more times than not my team does bad. Do you think I sit at home and HOPE Ben plays bad so I can be right? YOUR NUTS! That is what YOU GUYS do in regards to Byron, you sit on his EVERY mistake and hope he makes one to me fans dont do that!

So far from the truth! I root for BL, just like I would for Ben, or Dixon, I rooted for Brister, Tomaszak, Stewart and a bunck of other to. I want BL to succeed as our backup!

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 06:30 PM

Two of the games, we were winning at the time that he came! Thanks in part to Ben!

And the other game we were losing, and BL came in with 2:26 to go! He ran the 2 minute offense which Ben is usually at his best, and Philly was backing off in a prevent D, anway. Against Washington, if it weren`t for two defense of penalties on third down, we would have punted! Wow great job BL, thats worth benching Ben!

Correction "Sirexcusealot" When Byron came in vs the skins Ben had played HORRIBLE. We got the td BASED ON A BLOCKED PUNT and then Ben ran it in. Your saying Ben played good that game? WOW. Byron came in and Threw a td to Holmes and scored again (parker). Again, the offense MOVED like a totally different offense with him in

Eagles game- This guy must not know that I have EVERY Steelers game. When Byron came in it was 15-6. Eagles in prevent you say? 1st play Byron hits Nate Washington for a 1st down (lb and Dawkins is in his face when he passed the ball) last a checked a safety is in the offensive backfield on a BLITZ. 2nd play, he hits Nate again for another 1st down ball on the eagles 45 (announcer Jim Nantz ask Phill Simms "Why now Why are the Steelers moving now are the eagles doing something different?" Phil Simms: "No, Not at all, Jim Johnson is sending the blitz by Leftwich is making them pay, look for Johnson to have to back off if he keeps exposing it") Next play ANOTHER BLITZ and Leftwich is sacked 3rd and 17. Byron throws a missle to Nate for 22 yards and a 1st down. Next play he throws to nate in the end zone and the ball is dropped (nate tries to one hand it). On 4th down, Nate is wide open on the 2 and Byron throws a bad pass incomplete eagles win. Prevent defense? Why would Jim Johnson go prevent on the backup and all out blitz the starter? Do explain. If anyone has the Eagles game feel free to go watch the game and report on this board ANY error that I made in recounting the events.
NEXT EXCUSE.

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 04:30 PM ---

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 04:20 PM ---

So far from the truth! I root for BL, just like I would for Ben, or Dixon, I rooted for Brister, Tomaszak, Stewart and a bunck of other to. I want BL to succeed as our backup!

I cant tell

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 06:36 PM
This whole conversation is ridiculous IMO, to think that the offense is better when Byron is in there vs Ben is comical. It's common to see a backup come in and move the team up and down the field in short stints of playing time for various reasons: teams don't watch much film or prepare for backups like they do for starters, they cadence is different, there are different packages many times for backups specifically, differences in playing style, ball release, accuracy, etc. all contribute to backups coming in and playing well. It happens every year but you can't sit there and bank on the backup playing that well every week because it almost never happens.

If there anybody who actually thinks this team is better off in the short term or the long term by choosing Byron over Ben you must be smoking some really good stuff. LOL

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 06:46 PM
When and If Ben has a good game you will see me on this board cheering my qb on and giving him props for playing like he can. When he led that GREAT 92 YARD drive I gave him props and said "thats the Ben I know and Love" you didnt hear me sayin "Hes still a bum, the only reason he moved the ball is cause they were in prevent. He still will suck if he gets pressured" etc. A fan wants ALL of the Steelers to do good. I WANT Ben to do good, I root for Ben, I dont say "I want ben to mess up or get hurt so Byron can come in" THATS BS. We won a SB with Ben, what fan wouldnt love the guy. But if you have a kid who makes some bad decisions do you excuse it? NO! You teach them their mistakes and explain to them the right way to do things and the way they should be done to make them better. If you make excuses for them your a enabling that child to continue to do the same thing and that HURTS that child. Make no mistake about it Ben has chinks in his armor if nobody smoothes those chinks out how will he grow as a qb. If you guys want this current Ben then thats your choice. I want Ben to improve because if he improves we do too. I think Byron makes Ben play better and heres why. They both played in the MAC in college. Ben was a year behind Byron but Byron was the MAN in the Mac (David Carr,Ben played second fiddle) now the tables are turned. I think Ben feels a littel uncomfortable with Byron on the Steelers. After the Skins game (byron led the team and looked good) how did Ben play? INSPIRED. He played good for the most part vs the Colts (1st half pick hurt) but he played pretty good. Cincy, Chargers and Pats he played good (whispers of play byron inspired him and should) Again, Ben saw what Byron did vs the Browns and I'm hoping it will have the same result and help us on our way to NUMBER 6

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 04:46 PM ---

This whole conversation is ridiculous IMO, to think that the offense is better when Byron is in there vs Ben is comical. It's common to see a backup come in and move the team up and down the field in short stints of playing time for various reasons: teams don't watch much film or prepare for backups like they do for starters, they cadence is different, there are different packages many times for backups specifically, differences in playing style, ball release, accuracy, etc. all contribute to backups coming in and playing well. It happens every year but you can't sit there and bank on the backup playing that well every week because it almost never happens.

If there anybody who actually thinks this team is better off in the short term or the long term by choosing Byron over Ben you must be smoking some really good stuff. LOL

Comical? The numbers say otherwise. If you think the team didnt move better than again, thats your opinion. Funny the fans and players are whispering. How did brad johnson do in Dallas? How did Sage do in Houston? How did Fitzgerald do in Cincy? How did Brady do in Cleveland? How did JP Losman do in Buffalo? How did Senaca do in Seattle? I could go on and on. Injuries are a part of the NFL and if you dont think teams prepare for that advent then your fooling yourself. That backup in New England is playing pretty well and so is Leftwich and so is Kerrry Collins.

Steelersfan
12-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Substantiate that statement sir. Dont worry I'll wait

Here's one......Notice how someone calls you on the line going down hill the past 3 years and yet you can't even comment on it because you know it is the truth. You just go off in another direction. Talk about making excuses. Should I throw a post in here of you saying it is all on Ben and the rest of us just make excuses for him along with the one of you saying it wasn't all Ben's fault? Or how about when you said you weren't going to say "I told you so" because that is childish, but then you turn around in the same thread and do it because you were right in your own mind?

Here's the link to the quote's below.......

http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showpost.php?p=260197&postcount=36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Denton http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=260192#post260192)
We had a different line Bens first two years, better center, and better all around chemistry. Look at the sacks from his first two season, and the last three. That tells the story in a nut shell. I doubt Ben forgot how to get rid of the ball. Its not like all his sacks come from him rolling out and trying to make a play. Look at the philly game. or the giants game. He was dead in the water in seconds. Thats because the OL sucks. Has nothing to do with holding the ball longer. Explain our running Game....they suck too. this is the worst we have ever done in running the ball. Thats due to our crappy OL. Or do you want to blame Ben for that too?

That tells me that Cowher and Whisenhunt didnt TRUST him and didnt let him pass that much. You didnt notice the difference in attempts? In 06 Cowher HAD to let Ben pass alot due to all the turnovers he had we needed to get back in games. Whisenhunt didnt get along with Ben. Why? Because Ben was slow to process the information and it pissed Whiz off.
In regards to the Eagles game. The Eagles send 7 blitzers we have 5 blockers plus 1 te and rb in pass protection. Its up to the qb to read the blitz and call a hot route to counter it. Or audible to a screen or quick pass. Did you see the Eagles blitz having the same effect of Leftwich after he came in? He was standing in the pocket and BURNING that blitz. How do you think we almost scored that td? Same line, Same blitzes but different qb and different results. You guys say I hate Ben. I dont hate him. Just because I tell the truth about him does not equal hate.

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Correction "Sirexcusealot" When Byron came in vs the skins Ben had played HORRIBLE. We got the td BASED ON A BLOCKED PUNT and then Ben ran it in. Your saying Ben played good that game? WOW. Byron came in and Threw a td to Holmes and scored again (parker). Again, the offense MOVED like a totally different offense with him in

Eagles game- This guy must not know that I have EVERY Steelers game. When Byron came in it was 15-6. Eagles in prevent you say? 1st play Byron hits Nate Washington for a 1st down (lb and Dawkins is in his face when he passed the ball) last a checked a safety is in the offensive backfield on a BLITZ. 2nd play, he hits Nate again for another 1st down ball on the eagles 45 (announcer Jim Nantz ask Phill Simms "Why now Why are the Steelers moving now are the eagles doing something different?" Phil Simms: "No, Not at all, Jim Johnson is sending the blitz by Leftwich is making them pay, look for Johnson to have to back off if he keeps exposing it") Next play ANOTHER BLITZ and Leftwich is sacked 3rd and 17. Byron throws a missle to Nate for 22 yards and a 1st down. Next play he throws to nate in the end zone and the ball is dropped (nate tries to one hand it). On 4th down, Nate is wide open on the 2 and Byron throws a bad pass incomplete eagles win. Prevent defense? Why would Jim Johnson go prevent on the backup and all out blitz the starter? Do explain. If anyone has the Eagles game feel free to go watch the game and report on this board ANY error that I made in recounting the events.
NEXT EXCUSE.

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 04:30 PM ---

I cant tell

Yes Prevent, they were up by 9, with 2 minutes to go, we needed two scores, the db`s were all 15 yards off the ball.

Washington game, your right, Ben did not play well, I NEVER SAID THAT HE DID! I said we were winning with Ben playing. And twice penatlies saved BL.

This is a Mute Point anyway, there is maybe three Steelers fans that actually think that Bryon should start over Ben.

BEN is the Starter! Go Steelers!

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 07:28 PM
More dishonesty from a desperate individual. Let me prface this by saying. I am not a know it all. I dont have all the answers. Nor am I perfect, I believe perfection is for God only. However, I never engage in dialogue unless I have a good idea about the subject matter. If I dont know I stay out of the dialogue.
This poster is dishonest as he only supplies the link to one part of the thread. Here is the link to the WHOLE thread. As you can see I answered said question regarding the line. So feel free to substantiate your original statement sir. Again, I'll wait.

http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=260197#post260197

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 05:28 PM ---

Yes Prevent, they were up by 9, with 2 minutes to go, we needed two scores, the db`s were all 15 yards off the ball.

Washington game, your right, Ben did not play well, I NEVER SAID THAT HE DID! I said we were winning with Ben playing. And twice penatlies saved BL.

This is a Mute Point anyway, there is maybe three Steelers fans that actually think that Bryon should start over Ben.

BEN is the Starter! Go Steelers!

If they were in prevent then PROVE IT. Mere assertions are not proof. I just told you what happened along with the EXACT dialogue from the commentators. Please explain why they would be in prevent vs the backup and not the starter? Does that make sense? Sure it does.
Three fans that think that? Well dont count me in those 3 I have NEVER said that. But then again YOU think its a MUTE point and not a MOOT one so I understand.

GO STEELERS AND BEN!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
When and If Ben has a good game you will see me on this board cheering my qb on and giving him props for playing like he can. When he led that GREAT 92 YARD drive I gave him props and said "thats the Ben I know and Love" you didnt hear me sayin "Hes still a bum, the only reason he moved the ball is cause they were in prevent. He still will suck if he gets pressured" etc. A fan wants ALL of the Steelers to do good. I WANT Ben to do good, I root for Ben, I dont say "I want ben to mess up or get hurt so Byron can come in" THATS BS. We won a SB with Ben, what fan wouldnt love the guy. But if you have a kid who makes some bad decisions do you excuse it? NO! You teach them their mistakes and explain to them the right way to do things and the way they should be done to make them better. If you make excuses for them your a enabling that child to continue to do the same thing and that HURTS that child. Make no mistake about it Ben has chinks in his armor if nobody smoothes those chinks out how will he grow as a qb. If you guys want this current Ben then thats your choice. I want Ben to improve because if he improves we do too. I think Byron makes Ben play better and heres why. They both played in the MAC in college. Ben was a year behind Byron but Byron was the MAN in the Mac (David Carr,Ben played second fiddle) now the tables are turned. I think Ben feels a littel uncomfortable with Byron on the Steelers. After the Skins game (byron led the team and looked good) how did Ben play? INSPIRED. He played good for the most part vs the Colts (1st half pick hurt) but he played pretty good. Cincy, Chargers and Pats he played good (whispers of play byron inspired him and should) Again, Ben saw what Byron did vs the Browns and I'm hoping it will have the same result and help us on our way to NUMBER 6

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 04:46 PM ---

Comical? The numbers say otherwise. If you think the team didnt move better than again, thats your opinion. Funny the fans and players are whispering. How did brad johnson do in Dallas? How did Sage do in Houston? How did Fitzgerald do in Cincy? How did Brady do in Cleveland? How did JP Losman do in Buffalo? How did Senaca do in Seattle? I could go on and on. Injuries are a part of the NFL and if you dont think teams prepare for that advent then your fooling yourself. That backup in New England is playing pretty well and so is Leftwich and so is Kerrry Collins.

Teams do not sit there and watch film on backup QB's every week like they do with starters. There's not enough time to prepare for 2 QB's unless it's in the opposing offense's normal package for example like Cleveland does with the wildcat formation stuff. Teams focus on the starting qb and the players that they will face in a normal contest. And what's all those other names have to do with anything anyways. Cassel is playing well because he's a pretty good QB but he's far from invincible as the Steelers proved this year. Collins is playing well but he's also far from invincible. Leftwich plays well too but if you think for one second that any of those teams wouldn't want their starter in there (except maybe Tenn. because vince young sux) then that's crazy too. The fact is that there aren't enough practice hours in a week to prepare for 2 QB's and a bunch of "what ifs", sure you talk about the possibility of injury or watch a little film in a meeting just to see what his tendencies are in the event he comes in but to think that a team actually gameplans to see the backup QB with as much as they gameplan for the starter if both are healthy isn't right either.

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Leftwich has only attempted 36 passes, that equals about one game, you cannot compare that to Bens 15 games. Bottom Line.

Fact is, BL is a very good back up.

He has not won any games for us this season. ZERO.

Philly we lost, Washington we already had the lead, cleveland we already had the lead. And didn`t need anymore points, anyway!

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I dont think you will be cheering for Ben because I dont think you really like him. I still feel your a Browns fan. FAITH is something you need to find, love it and take it with you always. Steeler fans always have and always will have faith. Sure Ben has some chinks, but what QB doesn't? Ben is a winner, and I will take him @70% over a 100% Lefty. I feel that he is that MUCH better. Lefty has not played enough this year for me to have that much faith in him to lead this team to a SB. Whenever your starting QB has an issue, the most popular guy in town has always been the Back up QB. Nothing ever changes. Afrter the game against the Colts, I came on here and ripped into Ben for wrecking my birthday, then came to my senses, and apologized on a new thread for my out of line remarks. Some thought I had a right to voice my concerns because as fans we have a right to bitch, but I still feel I was wrong because Ben has given me more hope as a Steeler fan then any QB that I have watched since Bradshaw. Ben is the only QB we have had that I feel we are in every game because he's under center. Our back ups do not spark that in me, and I doubt they ever will. Lefty is a good back up, maybe the best in the league, but there is only one Big Ben, and no QB has done better in their first 5 years then him. Not Elway, Montana, Marino, Manning, Farve, Unitas, or even the great Ryan Leaf....My mother bought me Bens Jersey for my birthday this year, and I wear it proud, with my head held high for the world to see. I will take good and the bad with my QB, my hero, and the leader of this team. I will ride it all the way to hell and back to show Ben that I am with him, and that I stand with him in his time of need. He's stats have not been great this year, I get that, but the wins are there, the playoffs are here and we sit at the 2 seed. Ben needs us, all of us. But I can tell you what he does not need, and thats fans that lack the faith in him that he has earned as our QB. When the smoke clears Scalaid6, and we ride the White Horse of victory, can you honestly look in the mirror and say," Hey, I was here all along?" Because I know that I will, and so too will the Band of Brothers here at SA.......

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Teams do not sit there and watch film on backup QB's every week like they do with starters. There's not enough time to prepare for 2 QB's unless it's in the opposing offense's normal package for example like Cleveland does with the wildcat formation stuff. Teams focus on the starting qb and the players that they will face in a normal contest. And what's all those other names have to do with anything anyways. Cassel is playing well because he's a pretty good QB but he's far from invincible as the Steelers proved this year. Collins is playing well but he's also far from invincible. Leftwich plays well too but if you think for one second that any of those teams wouldn't want their starter in there (except maybe Tenn. because vince young sux) then that's crazy too. The fact is that there aren't enough practice hours in a week to prepare for 2 QB's and a bunch of "what ifs", sure you talk about the possibility of injury or watch a little film in a meeting just to see what his tendencies are in the event he comes in but to think that a team actually gameplans to see the backup QB with as much as they gameplan for the starter if both are healthy isn't right either.

Picture this scenario if you will. Say your Wade Phillips and your playing the steelers. In the 2nd quarter Ben Roethlisberger gets hurt in a 17-10 game steelers leading. In comes Byron Leftwich to play the 2nd half. Byron leads the Steelers to 21 unanswered points and the Steelers win 38-10. After the game Owner Jerry Jones visits Wade Phillips office and ask "What the hell was going on out there today, how did a backup do all that damage to the defense?" Wade Phillips: "Well sorry Jerry we prepared for Roethlisberger we didnt anticipate Leftwich coming in" How do you think that is going to fly? It wont! Defensive coordinators jobs are to prepare for ANY AND ALL situations. So are offensive coordinators. If you dont think Lebeau gameplanned for Vince Young vs Tennessee then your not giving him enough credit. This is the NFL and injuries are very commonplace and the coaches of all people know it.
Reread your post and you will know why I listed all of those names.
Lastly, I never said that they prepare for the backup AS MUCH as the starter. I said theY DO prepare for him and if they didnt they wouldnt be qualified to coach in the league.

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 05:44 PM ---

Leftwich has only attempted 36 passes, that equals about one game, you cannot compare that to Bens 15 games. Bottom Line.

Fact is, BL is a very good back up.

He has not won any games for us this season. ZERO.

Philly we lost, Washington we already had the lead, cleveland we already had the lead. And didn`t need anymore points, anyway!

Ok, if you say so. lol

Steelersfan
12-30-2008, 07:45 PM
More dishonesty from a desperate individual. Let me prface this by saying. I am not a know it all. I dont have all the answers. Nor am I perfect, I believe perfection is for God only. However, I never engage in dialogue unless I have a good idea about the subject matter. If I dont know I stay out of the dialogue.
This poster is dishonest as he only supplies the link to one part of the thread. Here is the link to the WHOLE thread. As you can see I answered said question regarding the line. So feel free to substantiate your original statement sir. Again, I'll wait.

http://steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=260197#post260197

There you go again spinning away from the post that was made. So where exactly did you answer it? Looks to me like you are blaming the OC for the rise in sacks which I'm pretty sure you said was just an excuse for Ben. You did address the OL getting worse. All you did was make a bunch of excuses for the OL.

And that is the second time you have called me a liar with nothing to back it up.

TampaSteelGirl
12-30-2008, 07:47 PM

We get it....you don't like Ben....Geez!! :duh:

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 07:50 PM
There you go again spinning away from the post that was made. So where exactly did you answer it? Looks to me like you are blaming the OC for the rise in sacks which I'm pretty sure you said was just an excuse for Ben. You did address the OL getting worse. All you did was make a bunch of excuses for the OL.

And that is the second time you have called me a liar with nothing to back it up.
Yeah, he never answer me either because I am filled with too much passion, and its a bit overwhelming....

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 07:54 PM
I dont think you will be cheering for Ben because I dont think you really like him. I still feel your a Browns fan. FAITH is something you need to find, love it and take it with you always. Steeler fans always have and always will have faith. Sure Ben has some chinks, but what QB doesn't? Ben is a winner, and I will take him @70% over a 100% Lefty. I feel that he is that MUCH better. Lefty has not played enough this year for me to have that much faith in him to lead this team to a SB. Whenever your starting QB has an issue, the most popular guy in town has always been the Back up QB. Nothing ever changes. Afrter the game against the Colts, I came on here and ripped into Ben for wrecking my birthday, then came to my senses, and apologized on a new thread for my out of line remarks. Some thought I had a right to voice my concerns because as fans we have a right to bitch, but I still feel I was wrong because Ben has given me more hope as a Steeler fan then any QB that I have watched since Bradshaw. Ben is the only QB we have had that I feel we are in every game because he's under center. Our back ups do not spark that in me, and I doubt they ever will. Lefty is a good back up, maybe the best in the league, but there is only one Big Ben, and no QB has done better in their first 5 years then him. Not Elway, Montana, Marino, Manning, Farve, Unitas, or even the great Ryan Leaf....My mother bought me Bens Jersey for my birthday this year, and I wear it proud, with my head held high for the world to see. I will take good and the bad with my QB, my hero, and the leader of this team. I will ride it all the way to hell and back to show Ben that I am with him, and that I stand with him in his time of need. He's stats have not been great this year, I get that, but the wins are there, the playoffs are here and we sit at the 2 seed. Ben needs us, all of us. But I can tell you what he does not need, and thats fans that lack the faith in him that he has earned as our QB. When the smoke clears Scalaid6, and we ride the White Horse of victory, can you honestly look in the mirror and say," Hey, I was here all along?" Because I know that I will, and so too will the Band of Brothers here at SA.......

That was a well inspired account of how loyal you are to BEN. Sir, If I didnt like Ben then why wouldnt I say that? Do I strike you as the type of person that doesnt speak him mind? I assure you I am not. I am not loyal to Steeler players I am loyal to the Steelers. My favorite player is Troy but if he causes my team to lose I will say so. I dont hold back criticism because I like the guy, thats dishonesty. I have 3 Big Ben Jerseys (White, Black and ugly Throwback) Yes, Ben has more wins than all of the qbs you mentioned (because the STEELERS are good mind you other steelers have MORE wins than Ben - Like Troy, Casey, Deshea, Ike, Aaron Smith,Hines, Marvell, Starks) So does that make them the best? You cite a misleading stat.
If you think I'm a browns fan then so be it. If you havent guessed by now I dont really care what people say or think about me. A little perspective.

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 05:53 PM ---

SIGH :cope:

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 05:54 PM ---

We get it....you don't like Ben....Geez!! :duh:

Now I dont like Ben? For the record I dont like Ben losing games for my team. If you do then so be it. I dont.

Steelersfan
12-30-2008, 07:59 PM

Yup, that's what I thought.

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 08:00 PM
That was a well inspired account of how loyal you are to BEN. Sir, If I didnt like Ben then why wouldnt I say that? Do I strike you as the type of person that doesnt speak him mind? I assure you I am not. I am not loyal to Steeler players I am loyal to the Steelers. My favorite player is Troy but if he causes my team to lose I will say so. I dont hold back criticism because I like the guy, thats dishonesty. I have 3 Big Ben Jerseys (White, Black and ugly Throwback) Yes, Ben has more wins than all of the qbs you mentioned (because the STEELERS are good mind you other steelers have MORE wins than Ben - Like Troy, Casey, Deshea, Ike, Aaron Smith,Hines, Marvell, Starks) So does that make them the best? You cite a misleading stat.
If you think I'm a browns fan then so be it. If you havent guessed by now I dont really care what people say or think about me. A little perspective.

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 05:53 PM ---

Now I dont like Ben? For the record I dont like Ben losing games for my team. If you do then so be it. I dont.Liar, you do not have all thoughs Ben Jerseys....and most of thoughs players are Def, and its far from the same thing. Ben touchs the ball on every play, and is pretty much the only guy that can win or lose every game single handed. you danced away from everything I said...big shocker, and no I dont think you care what people think, most Browns fans dont. but, what choice do you have???? My stats aren't misleading, its just s simple fact that Ben is a proven winner, lefty is not. Ben will get another SB because he wins it, Lefty will get one because Ben wins it for him....

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 08:08 PM

Here let me help you sir. Post #38 ANSWERS the question. Here let me copy and paste it for your sir
The running game? Are you kidding me? 04 05 we had Duce Staley/Bettis having productive seasons. And Willie had 1,200
06 07 Willie had 1,400 and 1,300
08 Willie had almost 800 (injured) and Mewelde had almost 600 for a GRAND TOTAL of almost 1,400. NEXT EXCUSE?

Stating the rushing stats of 3 rbs more than answers that question sir.
Please click the link and you will see that response sir.

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 06:08 PM ---

Liar, you do not have all thoughs Ben Jerseys....and most of thoughs players are Def, and its far from the same thing. Ben touchs the ball on every play, and is pretty much the only guy that can win or lose every game single handed. you danced away from everything I said...big shocker, and no I dont think you care what people think, most Browns fans dont. but, what choice do you have???? My stats aren't misleading, its just s simple fact that Ben is a proven winner, lefty is not. Ben will get another SB because he wins it, Lefty will get one because Ben wins it for him....

I do have the jerseys but thats like when a black guy calls me a racist and I reply "I have a lot of black friends" whats it mean? Does he believe me? NO! and who cares? Just like who cares if you believe me? Who care if they play offense or D? THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID "Ben touchs the ball on every play, and is pretty much the only guy that can win or lose every game single handed."
YES!YES! YES! Thats EXACTLY what I have been saying and THATS WHY HIS TURNOVERS LOSE US GAMES . Thank you for seeing the light sir.
Somebody has "issues" with Byron.:cope:

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Here let me help you sir. Post #38 ANSWERS the question. Here let me copy and paste it for your sir
The running game? Are you kidding me? 04 05 we had Duce Staley/Bettis having productive seasons. And Willie had 1,200
08 Willie had almost 800 (injured) and Mewelde had almost 600 for a GRAND TOTAL of almost 1,400. NEXT EXCUSE?

yeah, and how are we doing on short yardage? We also had a different line with Bettis and Staley...We lost a probowler to the jets, and thats where we would run the ball. right up fanecas ***.....

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 08:15 PM
yeah, and how are we doing on short yardage? We also had a different line with Bettis and Staley...We lost a probowler to the jets, and thats where we would run the ball. right up fanecas ***.....

So now its another question? How did the Jets do rushing? Thomas Jones did average. They got about 300 more rushing yards with fanaca. You dont think Willie would have bested that 300 had he been healthy? Fanaca was and is past his prime and I stand by ALL moves our management makes. Fanaca was like T.O his last year with us. Not listening to coaches, being a cancer. Boy I sure know alot about the Steelers for a browns fan. (****Patting myself on the back)

BlitzburghNation
12-30-2008, 08:17 PM
:popcorn2:

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 08:18 PM

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 06:08 PM ---

I do have the jerseys but thats like when a black guy calls me a racist and I reply "I have a lot of black friends" whats it mean? Does he believe me? NO! and who cares? Just like who cares if you believe me? Who care if they play offense or D? THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID "Ben touchs the ball on every play, and is pretty much the only guy that can win or lose every game single handed."
YES!YES! YES! Thats EXACTLY what I have been saying and THATS WHY HIS TURNOVERS LOSE US GAMES . Thank you for seeing the light sir.
Somebody has "issues" with Byron.:cope:Last time I checked. only one QB led his team all the way to a perfect season. 12 wins is better then 4 loses, and I would not put the 4 losses just on Ben. There are reasons for the turnovers that cant rest on Bens shoulders alone. There are a lot of ins and outs, but you fail to see it. You want to put it all on Ben. Its not like he pulled a O'donnell, and just threw the ball in an area where there were no Steeler WR. When someone shoots an AK 47 at you, you aren't going to get hit with the entire clip, but you will most likely get hit. Ben's under fire because of a weak OL. sometimes Shiat happens, but he wins more then he loses, and i'll take that.

Also, i'm not a Sir....I'm a Showstopper....

Steelersfan
12-30-2008, 08:20 PM

That answers the OL question? Seriously? All you have done is show how the run game has gone downhill during the same time sacks are going up.

And did you happen to post this on another site? Pretty sure you were talking about the QB coach, Anderson.

I do agree with you he should get more blame than Arians because he is around Ben the MOST. But when I think back to Kens career he was a bad son of a son of a. I think Bens problem is he doesnt like to get hit and he watches the line too much. Cant say I blame him, who wants to get hit like that?

Sounds again like you are saying the OL sucks. But I bet I can go find a post here where you say it isn't the OL.

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Last time I checked. only one QB led his team all the way to a perfect season. 12 wins is better then 4 loses, and I would not put the 4 losses just on Ben. There are reasons for the turnovers that cant rest on Bens shoulders alone. There are a lot of ins and outs, but you fail to see it. You want to put it all on Ben. Its not like he pulled a O'donnell, and just threw the ball in an area where there were no Steeler WR. When someone shoots an AK 47 at you, you aren't going to get hit with the entire clip, but you will most likely get hit. Ben's under fire because of a weak OL. sometimes Shiat happens, but he wins more then he loses, and i'll take that.

Also, i'm not a Sir....I'm a Showstopper....

Again, Neil is at fault and Ben is not. WOW I get I get it.
How come there are no Line problems when Byron and Batch are in? Because they stay in the pocket. He does win more than he loses but if we didnt have that defense that wouldnt be the case. Our last playoff game Ben had 5 turnovers (relax relax I'm not saying they were Bens fault I KNOW it was the line, it was Arians and Rashean Mathis' fault for having good hands and too much speed to run it to the house)

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 08:26 PM
So now its another question? How did the Jets do rushing? Thomas Jones did average. They got about 300 more rushing yards with fanaca. You dont think Willie would have bested that 300 had he been healthy? Fanaca was and is past his prime and I stand by ALL moves our management makes. Fanaca was like T.O his last year with us. Not listening to coaches, being a cancer. Boy I sure know alot about the Steelers for a browns fan. (****Patting myself on the back)
Faneca still made the pro bowl. He may be on the down side of his career, but is still one of the best. Hell yes I think Parker and Moore would have done better running behind him. I know Jones did. 300 yards is a lot when you look at how we failed over and over on short yardage and goal line...dont you think????

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 08:27 PM
How can sit there with a straight face, which you're probably not, and say there are no line problems with Byron is in there. You are obviously not watching the same games we are. Byron and Charlie both get flushed from the pocket, both have to move around and improvise, have to scamper out of trouble too. You think that TD run by Byron was planned? Of course not he got pressure and run away for the TD. Stop making such ridiculous statements and people might actually take you seriously enough..LOL.

Besides anybody who knows football knows that when you have a subpar line blocking for you one of the ways to beat it is to roll out away from the pressure which is what Ben does a lot of times and makes big plays. Staying the pocket when it's collapsing around you just gets you killed. you can't sit there and honestly think that with blitzers coming through Ben should just stand there and take it because staying in the pocket is the right thing to do! Jeebus man comon!

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 08:27 PM
That answers the OL question? Seriously? All you have done is show how the run game has gone downhill during the same time sacks are going up.

And did you happen to post this on another site? Pretty sure you were talking about the QB coach, Anderson.

Sounds again like you are saying the OL sucks. But I bet I can go find a post here where you say it isn't the OL.

I did say that (glad to know you are researching me. Continue to do so and you will find some ACCURATE and informative posts)
I'm not saying our oline sucks I'm saying no line is going to give you 5-6 seconds everytime. The mark of a qb is what he does under DURRESS. Ben is not good when he is pressured and his many turnovers substantiate that fact.

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Again, Neil is at fault and Ben is not. WOW I get I get it.
How come there are no Line problems when Byron and Batch are in? Because they stay in the pocket. He does win more than he loses but if we didnt have that defense that wouldnt be the case. Our last playoff game Ben had 5 turnovers (relax relax I'm not saying they were Bens fault I KNOW it was the line, it was Arians and Rashean Mathis' fault for having good hands and too much speed to run it to the house)No, you dont get it if you are putting O'donnell in there with Ben. big difference in the turnovers, and they way it has happened. And Mathis...Well, lets just say when we play them its a 6 pick gift from here on out. I cant explain it, and I wont even try. Ben owes him money or something...

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 08:34 PM
How can sit there with a straight face, which you're probably not, and say there are no line problems with Byron is in there. You are obviously not watching the same games we are. Byron and Charlie both get flushed from the pocket, both have to move around and improvise, have to scamper out of trouble too. You think that TD run by Byron was planned? Of course not he got pressure and run away for the TD. Stop making such ridiculous statements and people might actually take you seriously enough..LOL.

Again, defenses are GOOD and no Offensive line is going to hold the defenders out ALL THE TIME. Just because Byron got flushed means its bad Oline play? Look at the play again. It was a blitz up the middle When you Blitz 6 and have only 5 blockers the qb had to adjust. Byron adjusted. He has been sacked3 times this season. Batch has been sacked in low numbers as well ( I have done the research and posted it) The only Steeler qb to get sacked at a high level is BEN. Not bashing its a fact. I will post the information again in case you have forgotten.

Ben 295 Att 30 sacks
P.Manning 497 Att 13 sacks
Plummer 521 Att 15 sacks
Favre 540 Att 12 sacks

Ben 261 Atts 23 sacks
P.Manning 453 Atts 17 sacks
C.Palmer 509 Atts 19 sacks
Brady 530 Atts 26 sacks

Ben 469 Atts 46 sacks
P.Manning 557 Atts 14 sacks
Brees 554 Atts 18 sacks
Rivers 467 Atts 27 sacks

Ben 404 Atts 47 sacks
P.Manning 515 Atts 21 sacks
Romo 520 Atts 24 sacks
Favre 535 Atts 15 sacks

Batch from 05-07
125 Atts 4 sacks
lets x that by 4
500 Atts 20 sacks

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 06:34 PM ---

No, you dont get it if you are putting O'donnell in there with Ben. big difference in the turnovers, and they way it has happened. And Mathis...Well, lets just say when we play them its a 6 pick gift from here on out. I cant explain it, and I wont even try. Ben owes him money or something...

I AM puttin O'donnell with Ben. Ben doesnt get ammunity if he screws up. Maybe with you but not with me. So your arguement is If there is a wr in the area its excuseable but if its a miscommunication its on the qb. That make sense? Ben had TWENTY THREE turnovers this season. You show me 23 excuses for them sir.
*Sir is a term of respect. Im showing you respect sir.

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 08:34 PM
I did say that (glad to know you are researching me. Continue to do so and you will find some ACCURATE and informative posts)
I'm not saying our oline sucks I'm saying no line is going to give you 5-6 seconds everytime. The mark of a qb is what he does under DURRESS. Ben is not good when he is pressured and his many turnovers substantiate that fact.
no one says he needs 5 or 6 seconds...2 would be an improvement...

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 08:38 PM
TOP GUN,
A rollout is a designed play. When Ben rolls out it is not by design. Therefore he is the ONLY one on the offense that knows hes rolling out. Hence guys not on the same page.

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 06:37 PM ---

no one says he needs 5 or 6 seconds...2 would be an improvement...

Again, if he stays in the pocket and gets the ball out he wouldnt have that problem. It works for Batch/Byron.

--- Added 12/30/2008 at 06:38 PM ---

Gotta go guys, time to get out of the office. I'll check back a little later. GREETINGS!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
roll outs are designed plays yes, that's why you do see Ben rolling out to his right or left during games at times. I wish he'd do it more personally along with the short quick passing game. It helps keep the defenses honest and not key in on a particular thing.

Steelersfan
12-30-2008, 08:40 PM

Yup, noticed you get banned a lot.........

Is this what you mean by ACCURATE and informative posts?........

http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1226442220

And not to mention I've seen at least a couple post you have made regarding race. Now I see why you don't like Ben and want Lefty in there.

He didnt INTEND to do this?? Lets cut to the chase. He BROKE THE LAW. Michael Vick kills some dogs and THE NATION is all over him and RIGHTFULLY SO. He broke the law. But why do WHITES always give their own race a "pass" when "they" get in trouble. You are merciless when it comes to judgement of blacks but MERCIFUL when in judgement of whites. THIS IS WAY WORSE THAN VICK! Leyritz broke 2 laws (driving while tipsy and KILLING). How many people have to explain to their kids why a parent isnt coming home? You guys seem so compasionate but what if the dead victim was your mom? Would you feel so bad for Mr. Leyritz? He showed negligence JUST LIKE VICK. He showed bad judgement, JUST LIKE VICK and he was irresponsible JUST LIKE VICK. And the media and fans should be pummeling him in the press JUST LIKE VICK!

Post #8

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2007/12/30/the-jim-leyritz-story-gets-sadder/

ejsteeler
12-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Well scabaid, that puts a certan light on all your rantings. You are a war monger. You get off on causing others to respond to your nonsense created specifically for that purpose. you do not spout truths or talk about truthful injustices, you rant about whatever is in vogue that can get a rise out of people. You are a neomaxizendwoobie and I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.
Having said that, I will do my darndest not to respond to anythingelse you post since it's purpose is opposite of this sites intention. :yesnod:

Oh, and :bigfinger: :novaloser:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
12-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Well scabaid, that puts a certan light on all your rantings. You are a war monger. You get off on causing others to respond to your nonsense created specifically for that purpose. you do not spout truths or talk about truthful injustices, you rant about whatever is in vogue that can get a rise out of people. You are a neomaxizendwoobie and I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.
Having said that, I will do my darndest not to respond to anythingelse you post since it's purpose is opposite of this sites intention. :yesnod:

Oh, and :bigfinger: :novaloser:

:clap: Now, if you could only tell him how you really feel!

TampaSteelGirl
12-31-2008, 12:25 AM
--- Added 12/30/2008 at 06:34 PM ---

I AM puttin O'donnell with Ben. Ben doesnt get ammunity if he screws up. Maybe with you but not with me. So your arguement is If there is a wr in the area its excuseable but if its a miscommunication its on the qb. That make sense? Ben had TWENTY THREE turnovers this season. You show me 23 excuses for them sir.
*Sir is a term of respect. Im showing you respect sir.

How dare you?? Ben didn't F*CK up a Super Bowl for us!! I;m still not over that and with Ben we've been to Super Bowl once and playoff every year he's been with us except 1!!! One person does not a team make.....you can't blame it all on Ben and say just because a back up had a good game it's time to bench him? Charlie Batch is a good back up, where's your case there? Why not flower him up over Ben? Leftwich is a good backup for Ben but I don't see him taking us to a Super Bowl and Ben will do that. So what if Ben had 23 turnovers! You don't see a perfect QB making it to SB every year do you? Who cares what mistakes he's made, he's getting us where we need to be. We had a punishable schedule this year and we are freakin 12-4 and #2 seed and we did it WITH Ben, if we can tackle a schedule and come out like this well he can take us further! :tt02: A little loyality please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yellowthumb:

I swear this dude is DAWGS!!!! :grin1:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 12:36 AM
This thread has run it's course folks, all the good information has been posted and now it's just beating the same thing over and over with no real point.

Thanks to all those that actually posted up good information and stayed on topic as much as possible. :yellowthumb: