PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like a shutout to end the season, congrats Steelers defense!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Congrats to the defense for pitching the shutout, this season wouldn't have been complete with one. Coming against the Browns, what more can you ask for :lol: They started out the game alittle flat it seemed but still kept the Browns in check and out of the endzone but once Ben went down they just crazy and completely dismantled anything Crennel tried to do.

It kinda sucks that Jailbird Jamal Lewis got his 1000 yds for the season against us but considering how well we played overall and also that we had most of our reserves in during the 4th quarter we can even more proud of what our guys have been able to do this year.

Bombhunter
12-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Fitting end for a wonderful Defensive season

JensK
12-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Congrats to the defense for pitching the shutout, this season wouldn't have been complete with one. Coming against the Browns, what more can you ask for :lol: They started out the game alittle flat it seemed but still kept the Browns in check and out of the endzone but once Ben went down they just crazy and completely dismantled anything Crennel tried to do.

It kinda sucks that Jailbird Jamal Lewis got his 1000 yds for the season against us but considering how well we played overall and also that we had most of our reserves in during the 4th quarter we can even more proud of what our guys have been able to do this year.

This was just what we needed heading into the playoffs! :) A shutout, what more can you ask for momentum? Now lets wait and hear about Ben..

Also, i really think that Lewis desirved to get the 1000y this season. Hes been working so hard to get browns going, and he is probably the only consistant player on that team this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Gradkowski's stats, 5/16 for 18 yds. & 2 INT's. Cribbs, 1/2 for 8 yds. Now that's dominating now matter how bad the opposition is.

JensK
12-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Gradkowski's stats, 5/16 for 18 yds. & 2 INT's. Cribbs, 1/2 for 8 yds. Now that's dominating now matter how bad the opposition is.

Hes rating was 2.8 :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I got the shut out finally that I have been complaining about for weeks.....But Phil Dawson did miss a field goal and the Browns were down to their 4th QB so this defense better have shut out the Browns....lol

But I was happy with the effort from the whole team today in a meaningless game......

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I know right, you've been screaming for that shutout every since October I think :lol: Even Anthony Smith who's been in Tomlin's dog house most of the time it seems has a good game and if Tomlin would have challenged that fumble we'd have been up 14-0 right there. When depth guys continue to step up like this the sky is the limit for them.

LarryNJ
12-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Fitting end for a wonderful Defensive season

The fitting end will come with a W in Feb! :)

That will certainly keep them Number 1 against the pass! I hope we passed the Vikings for number ! against the run too.

Congrats Defense! And thanks for carry us this year. 3 more to go!

steelerschick1220
12-28-2008, 08:58 PM
This defense deserved to get a shutout. I am glad they got one.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 10:53 PM
It was good to see Orpheus Roye get in on the action too, he batted down one of Gradkowski's passes today. That had to feel good to stick it to his old team :D

As a whole, this defense is arguably the best unit since the 70s and definitely the best since the original Blitzburgh days in the 90's under Cowher. They are so deep at every position that it's just so much fun to even watch the backups in there flying to the ball making plays.

DIESELMAN
12-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Hes rating was 2.8 :lol:

I read it was a 1.0 rating :greengrin:

Bruce Gradkowski's performance Sunday was perhaps the worst Iíve seen in 16 seasons of covering the Steelers. And I saw every game Kordell Stewart started in person. A 1.0 quarterback rating is the NFL equivalent of a Blutarsky.

The fitting end will come with a W in Feb! :)

That will certainly keep them Number 1 against the pass! I hope we passed the Vikings for number ! against the run too.

Congrats Defense! And thanks for carry us this year. 3 more to go!

According to NFL.com, we ranked 1st in total D and pass D. The Vikes are #1 in rush D with 76.9, we finished 2nd with 80.2

LarryNJ
12-29-2008, 09:00 AM
According to NFL.com, we ranked 1st in total D and pass D. The Vikes are #1 in rush D with 76.9, we finished 2nd with 80.2

Well we crushed everyone on Total & Pass, it's a shame we didn't get #1 Rush, Oh well I'll settle for another Super Bowl Win! :yellowthumb::tt02:

Silverback
12-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Hilarious game to watch, I honestly and whole-heartedly believe at least 60% of all people who have ever seen a football could have played better than Gradkowski. When he fell over for that sack I nearly died laughing.

LarryNJ
12-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Hilarious game to watch, I honestly and whole-heartedly believe at least 60% of all people who have ever seen a football could have played better than Gradkowski.

I guess Tony Romo falls into the other 40%.

Stairwayto7
12-29-2008, 09:42 PM

Amen! Especially against the brownies!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2008, 11:19 PM
You gotta give Ty Carter some props, 2 INT's yesterday and up for defensive player of the week. After that playoff game last year I was irritated at him as much as anyone but the dude has been around and knows this offense. Just another example of how much depth we have on this unit and how anyone can make a play at any given time.

Congrats to the Steelers for finishing the #1 Defense in the NFL! :towelwave:

Silverback
12-29-2008, 11:55 PM
I guess Tony Romo falls into the other 40%.

Absolutely, as far as Carter, He was good but both of those picks were tip drills.