PDA

View Full Version : Finish the sentence: The Steelers will win the AFC and make it to the Super Bowl IF..

Troyisabeast_43
12-22-2008, 04:08 PM
This is the main thing and reason I think they will and it will be if Ben and this offense quits turning the ball over 3-4 times a game much like they have in all 4 of their losses this season. If you look at the Giants,Colts,and Titans losses there were key interceptions and key fumbles and just key turnovers everytime the Steelers were either on the verge of scoring or converting a big play or needing a big play. I really think this is the problem with this team and if they eliminate these turnovers at key points of the game they are good enough to beat anybody. Hell look at yesterday we were down in the turnover battle midway through the 3rd 0-2 and still had a 14-10 lead and should have been up 17-10 had Reed not missed that chip shot FG. The Titans didnt blow the Steelers out yesterday, the Steelers turned the ball over 4 times and each time it lead to either them not putting points on the board, or the Titans putting points on the board and that is just something you just cannot do against a team as good as the Titans. As I said the Steelers were losing the turnover battle 0-2 and 0-3 going into the 4th quarter and were still winning for a good period of time and only down 3 and 10 at one point.

The bottom line is I know the defense had an off-day yesterday but I honestly dont see them playing that bad again for as long as the Steelers last in the playoffs. I think yesterday was there letdown day for giving up plays such as 3rd and 20 and letting a team run up over 300 yards on them. Give credit to Kerry Collins and the Titans they played well and did the things they needed to do to beat the Steelers. The point is this defense is good enough to carry this team to win a Super Bowl this year even as horrific as this offense has been if this offense does not turn the ball over and quit screwing it up for the defense. These scores in the playoffs might not be pretty hell they might be 12-9 or 9-6 but if that is the case so be it. I dont want to hear in the playoffs that it cant be done because the Steelers won a game this year 11-10 again SD which got them on a roll, they won the game in Baltimore 13-9 last week to clinch the division. Those are two good examples right there of what kind of games this team is capable of winning in the playoffs if Ben and the offense would just stop turning the damn ball over all of the time.

DBR96A
12-22-2008, 04:09 PM
...the offense stops leaving points on the field.

Ambridge
12-22-2008, 04:31 PM
.....if in the offseason Mike Tomlin "grows a pair" and fires both Bruce Arians and Larry Zierlein and hires competent replacements. Then drafts the best offensive lineman available in the '09 Draft and possibly they win the AFC and get to the Superbowl in 2010-2011.

the more realistic version........

if every team they play in the playoffs makes a greater multitude of blunders(fumbles, INT's and penalties)and basically out Steelers the Steelers in offensive ineptitude and hands the game over on a silver platter to Pittsburgh.

I'm looking for this playoff game to look exactly like the playoff game loss to Jacksonville last year.........chock full of ugly offensive execution and **** poor coaching.

AZ_Steeler
12-22-2008, 04:32 PM
if... the offense can extract their heads from their asses! It's hard to really blame the entire offensive woes on the o-line. I feel it's a combination of a lot of things and all the things that are wrong are added together it equals the "OFFENSE powered by the OC"

Steel Trap86
12-22-2008, 04:58 PM
IF they score touchdowns in the redzone, stop turning the ball over and really think about a new playbook on offense for the playoffs. 3 weeks to set it up

BlitzburghNation
12-22-2008, 05:12 PM
if we stop turning it over,"what everyones already said",,,,,,,,,,We got a chance and that's what most of us really wanted,,,,,,A CHANCE :bigthumb:

BR7
12-22-2008, 05:48 PM
if.. the O-Line gets it together for 3 games. No running = first round loss. This year is starting to remind me of the Kordell era.. stack the line to stop the run and let Korky try to beat you. Only difference, this year they don't have to have 8 in the box to stop the run, 4 to 5 is sufficient.

BlackGold4vr
12-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Bruce Arians chokes to death on the olive in his martini over the Christmas Holiday.

Just Kidding!

Prosdo
12-22-2008, 06:40 PM
if they stop running Willie Parker up the middle all the time, allow Ben to have enough time to throw the ball, and come up with better play calling.

BR7
12-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Bruce Arians chokes to death on the olive in his martini over the Christmas Holiday.

Just Kidding!

You know he's a Shirley Temple kind of guy.. martini, sheesh... lol.

Steelersfan
12-22-2008, 07:55 PM
if they spread the field, use some play action, use Moore more, use Heath Miller as the short yardage back.......lol, score TD's when in the red zone!!!! and get pressure on the opposing QB.

scott0326
12-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Stop turning the ball over and Willie Parker does good for once!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
if...Tomlin reads this thread!

Seriously this whole thing is not rocket science here, it's called play to your strengths on offense Bruce..I mean seriously just sit down and watch your offense over the last 2 months. Can you not see what you've been trying isn't working!

NCSteeler
12-22-2008, 08:56 PM
....If the D plays like they have been known to do this year and Ben hits Homes and Washington deep several times

really spreading the field and going deep is our offense this year. Everything else seems to fail.

SteelerSal
12-22-2008, 09:25 PM
if they spread the field, use some play action, use Moore more, use Heath Miller as the short yardage back.......lol, score TD's when in the red zone!!!! and get pressure on the opposing QB.

Everything you said....As for Moore, make him the starter and keep Willie off the field..PERIOD!
Ben looks for Moore as a safety valve when the recievers aren't open and when Willie is on the field,in the same situation, Ben never looks his way,,, holds the ball to long,,, takes a sack,,, runs and fumbles,,, throws into triple coverage......well you get the picture........leave Moore on the field every down and every series!
As for scoring in the redzone,,, spread the field,,, forget about the empty backfield,,, consider playaction,,, have only one TE on the field,,, line up Sweed wide to make the defense fear fade (you don't have to throw it to him just use him as a decoy), keep the bunch formation away inside the 20,,, quick snap ( you don't have to use up all the seconds on the playclock, the more you collect does not give you free travel miles:banging:),,, have a fullback in the backfield to make the defense think your gonna run the ball and then......I know pass it out of a run formation.:thinking:

I'm burnt out.

Troyisabeast_43
12-22-2008, 11:12 PM

Seriously this whole thing is not rocket science here, it's called play to your strengths on offense Bruce..I mean seriously just sit down and watch your offense over the last 2 months. Can you not see what you've been trying isn't working!

This is what concerns me TG about Tomlin is his stubborness to not do anything to change this offense so that it can somehow be more effective and score more points. Tomlin apparently thinks that this team is still going to be able to run the ball consistently and the reality is Coach Tomlin they arent going too plain and simple. If the Steelers do lose in the playoffs you can bet it will be because of this offense doing what it has been doing all year long. And for that Mike Tomlin has got to be critcized for it and be the fall guy because he is the head coach and it's his job much like it was to have a back-up long snapper in the Giants game which he didnt have to fix these kind of problems and make this team better in all areas. And Tomlin along with Arians are failing miserably right now to do so on offense there is no other way to say it.

Steelerlyn
12-22-2008, 11:17 PM
if... the offense can extract their heads from their asses! It's hard to really blame the entire offensive woes on the o-line. I feel it's a combination of a lot of things and all the things that are wrong are added together it equals the "OFFENSE powered by the OC"

AGREED!~

HUNT4SEVEN
12-22-2008, 11:46 PM

Well said :clap::clap:

steelers4life66
12-23-2008, 01:40 AM
#1 Stop the turn overs. TG is right the reason we've lost the games we have is because of turn overs. #2 Get away from that one back set. Put a FB in for Willie and Moore to follow swap them out to keep them fresh. I think this will take some presser off Ben and that will stop the turn overs.

Colts Rock
12-23-2008, 02:59 AM
The Colts or the Titans fall off the face of the earth. Thats the only way over rated steelers make it to SB. Steelers are a joke and the Browns will kick your asses.

AZ_Steeler
12-23-2008, 03:05 AM
The Colts or the Titans fall off the face of the earth. Thats the only way over rated steelers make it to SB. Steelers are a joke and the Browns will kick your asses.

I don't get it... you sound like you have a thing for both teams! That's a classic case of a bandwagoner to me!

Big deal if the Browns kick the Steelers ***... the game is meaningless anyways because the Steelers already have the division and seed wrapped up. Get a ****ing clue!

Steelersfan
12-23-2008, 03:26 AM
I don't get it... you sound like you have a thing for both teams! That's a classic case of a bandwagoner to me!

Big deal if the Browns kick the Steelers ***... the game is meaningless anyways because the Steelers already have the division and seed wrapped up. Get a ****ing clue!

Guys an idiot AZ. Neither the Colts/Titans or Steelers/Browns games mean a thing. He just wants to pick 2 of the hottest teams to jump on. If the Steelers had won he would have been jumping on that wagon!

DBR96A
12-23-2008, 04:25 AM

First of all, "overrated" is a single, compound word, not two words. Second of all, the Browns just might have a chance to beat us next week, considering our starters won't be playing the whole game, if at all. If they can't beat us with our backups playing 30+ minutes, then they're a disgrace.

Stairwayto7
12-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Rest for the defense!

And the Offense must finish!

Arians has to call plays for OUR offense!

--- Added 12/23/2008 at 06:25 AM ---

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Just wait!

HUNT4SEVEN
12-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Man i hope we see u bums in the playoffs, we gave u the first win, but we will woop ur A** like u stole something like we did in 05 in the playoffs:haha:

ejsteeler
12-23-2008, 12:09 PM
...if we do not turn the ball over, we can beat anyone.

NCSteeler
12-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Personally think that we could beat the current Browns team with almost all second stringers in there on Offense and Defense.

JensK
12-23-2008, 01:48 PM

this! http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5238/kruemelmonsteryn0yi9.gif

No really, we just need to stop turning the ball over. We did put up points against Titans. Enough to win the game, if we had not turned the ball over 6 times. Quit turning the ball over, and everything will work out so much better. All the "new o-line and OC" is all fine, but aint gonna happen at least before after the play-offs.

steelers4life66
12-23-2008, 02:07 PM

:ditto::clap:

NYCsteelersfan
12-25-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm looking for this playoff game to look exactly like the playoff game loss to Jacksonville last year.........chock full of ugly offensive execution and **** poor coaching.

I hate nothing more than to admit that I'm expecting the exact same thing. It's troubling cause the regular season schedule was so obscene and our Defense for the most part managed to get us through it with flying colors, we get a bye and yet I'm still looking expecting the offense to fold like cheap lawn chair in the wind. My real hope is that the defense plays near perfection for 3 straight games. I just know it's a little far-fetched, but i'll be all the more happier if it happens.

100% agreed. The o-line is bad, but they are not THAT bad.

No running = first round loss. This year is starting to remind me of the Kordell era.. stack the line to stop the run and let Korky try to beat you. Only difference, this year they don't have to have 8 in the box to stop the run, 4 to 5 is sufficient.

And sadly, back then they had to stack up the box to actually stop somekind of running game, which gave Kordell a chance. This year they stack the box for the sole purpose of trying to take Roethlisberger's head off cause they know Parker will just bounce off either the lead blocker or defender for a loss or no gain 9 out of 10 times.

Just Kidding!

Any form of death or departure is fine by me.

if they stop running Willie Parker up the middle all the time, allow Ben to have enough time to throw the ball, and come up with better play calling.

lol...You mean pretty much completely fix the offense?

Sadly TOP GUN, either they don't see it, or even worse, they're too stupid to do anything about it. Corrections were needed since the Philadelphia game, to not make a single correction and actually get progressively worse in 12 games is frightning. It's at the point where I'm starting to blame Tomlin as much as Arian's. I understand he couldn't have fired him, but he could've taken over behind the scenes. It's not like he had to concentrate on running the defense.

The same Colts that got their a$$' handed to them in '05 by us? And no the game wasn't close. No Roethlisberger didn't get lucky making that tackle. No the Steelers aren't lucky the field goal was missed. the COLTS ARE LUCKY that piece of $hit ref followed NFL official orders to the extreme and tried to take the game away from the Steelers by taking away that "interception" from Polamalu.

LarryNJ
12-25-2008, 09:16 AM
the offense can win a game.

Defense wins Championships and Offense win games.

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 02:37 AM

Where is your turd *** now after the Colts are one and done and bounced after tonight. I dont see you anywhere on the board Colts Rock what happened why so quiet alll of a sudden you ****ing douchebag...

popstaala
01-04-2009, 02:53 AM
dick lebeau call the plays for the offense

augustashark
01-04-2009, 06:12 AM
If we win two games.:stirpot:

Really, I think it all comes down to management. If Tomlim/Ben/BA can manage the game and stay within the talent and game sitiuation that they find themselves in then I think we have a pretty good chance of winning every game. For example if we do play SD in the first game we as well as my 4 year old son knows that they are better against the run then the pass. So if we come out running the ball on 1st and 2nd downs and leave Ben in the typical 3 and 7 or more then we will have problems.

Prosdo
01-04-2009, 09:36 AM
If the the running game is present and working.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-04-2009, 10:48 AM
If the the running game is present and working.

what she said :plus1:and no fricking turnovers!!

JensK
01-04-2009, 12:50 PM
we score more points than the other team

ejsteeler
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM
we score more points than the other team

:lol: I think they were looking for something a little more detailed....but you are right on. :yellowthumb:

Dee Mca
01-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Bruce Arians goes and gets on a flight to San Diego thinking it's an away game instead of a home game!

Silverback
01-05-2009, 11:14 AM
If Ben turns the ball over less than 2 times a game.

SteelFanInIL
01-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Bruce Arians goes and gets on a flight to San Diego thinking it's an away game instead of a home game!

:rofl: I'll buy the ticket...one way.

steelers4life66
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
The Colts or the Titans fall off the face of the earth. Thats the only way over rated steelers make it to SB. Steelers are a joke and the Browns will kick your asses.:lol: Well the colts just fell off the face of the earth.:hilarious:How bout that colts rock. Owe I guess you won't be on here anymore since your teams at the house.:yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
01-05-2009, 07:06 PM
If we use the I formation more, start scoring more TD's in the red zone, not give up 4 or 5 sacks a game. Give Ben more time in the pocket. We can beat everyone there is left to play if we dont beat ourselves.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-05-2009, 07:35 PM
If we can stay healthy, and the ratbirds and Titans kick the crap out of each other.

Stairwayto7
01-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Well for starters, lets beat the chargers!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2009, 08:03 PM
TN and Balt. is almost a sure thing of those 2 beating the crap out of each other regardless of the outcome. I want to see the AFCCG come through Pittsburgh if we beat SD but at the same time I wouldn't mind seeing us go back down to TN and get a win in their own house after they beat us up.

Dean Denton
01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
TN and Balt. is almost a sure thing of those 2 beating the crap out of each other regardless of the outcome. I want to see the AFCCG come through Pittsburgh if we beat SD but at the same time I wouldn't mind seeing us go back down to TN and get a win in their own house after they beat us up.Yeah, I wouldn't mind some payback for the Towel thing, but Homefield is huge. However, I dont like the odds on beating a team three times in a season. So if I had to pick one, I think playing the Titans is what I would rather do. The Ravens are really pissed at us....lol

snowman79
01-07-2009, 08:12 AM
...EVERYONE DOES THEIR JOB........+ NO TURNOVERS

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !!!

tuggysteel822
01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
we beat the Chargers on Sunday :tt02: