Penalties-Yards 3-17
Time of Possession 30:51
Total Turnovers 4

Tennessee Titans (13-2-0)
Total Net Yards 323
Penalties-Yards 4-45
Time of Possession 29:09
Total Turnovers 0

We were`nt that bad. Turnovers were our killer! They won`t happen every game. We just won four huge games that put us in the position that we are in! Great job Steelrs!

BlitzburghNation
12-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Like you said turnovers were our demise,,,,,,,Yep ben had a bad day,but if it wasn't for him wewouldn't be 11-4 :popcorn:

I accept Ben for what he is and i still believe he'll bring us another championship or twelve :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I edited the title of this thread to keep that little escapade in the other thread from being instigated. Let's not go crazy here...we lost, they won..both teams are the best in the AFC right now arguably speaking of course and maybe we'll see them again when the Steelers are actually ready to go.

Neither team is head and shoulders above the other but today atleast the titans were the better team.

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers (11-4-0)
Total Net Yards 374
Penalties-Yards 3-17
Time of Possession 30:51
Total Turnovers 4

Tennessee Titans (13-2-0)
Total Net Yards 323
Penalties-Yards 4-45
Time of Possession 29:09
Total Turnovers 0

We were`nt that bad. Turnovers were our killer! They won`t happen every game. We just won four huge games that put us in the position that we are in! Great job Steelrs!

I agree they wont happen like that every game. Id rather have it happen now then month when it really matters. The MO for this Steelers team like I have been saying all along is to let the defense win the game and for the offense not to screw it up. If they are able to do that in the playoffs they will be heading to the Super Bowl I believe because this defense is good enough to carry this team and wont have another game like it did today especially if they meet the Titans again in the AFC Championship game...

SteelersGirlTN7
12-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Ok, so all we've heard all year is how our "so called toughest schedule in the NFL" isn't really so tough? Well, I got to thinking about it, and hadn't seen a post about it.. so I did the math ..

Come to your own conclusions ..
(I left all the divisional opponents in for the duplicate games so since the Steelers played both teams, we have 3 ties)

Steelers|Titans
Hou 7-8|Jax 5-10
Cle 4-11|Cin 3-11-1
Phi 8-6-1|Hou 7-8
Bal 10-5|Min 9-6
Jax 5-10|Bal 10-5
Cin 3-11-1|KC 2-13
NYG 12-3|Ind 11-4
Was 8-7|GB 5-10
Ind 11-4|Chi 9-6
SD 7-8|Jax 5-10
Cin 3-11-1|NYJ 9-6
NE 10-5|Det 0-15
Dal 9-6|Cle 4-11
Bal 10-5|Hou 7-8
Ten 13-2|Pit 11-4
120-102-3|97-127-1

I'll take 11-4 and a first round bye with those results any day of the week. We got caught on a bad day. See ya in January!!

AZ_Steeler
12-24-2008, 01:28 AM
That's impressive... the 11-4 record is definitely something to be proud of! :clap:

DBR96A
12-24-2008, 03:13 AM
That's impressive... the 11-4 record is definitely something to be proud of! :clap:

As I noted in another thread, we have the hardest strength of schedule among all playoff contenders, and the second-hardest strength of victory among all teams that have clinched playoff berths to date. Only the Giants have a harder strength of victory. (If the Eagles somehow make the playoffs, we'll slip to third-hardest.)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I can't wait to see what the schedule gods come up with for next year for us :duh: Maybe they'll have us playing against ourselves :lol:

Really though like we've talked about this whole year, we made it through this schedule for better or worse, now it's time to see what all the experience we got this year will do for us in tough games.

Steelersfan
12-24-2008, 09:52 AM
I can't wait to see what the schedule gods come up with for next year for us :duh: Maybe they'll have us playing against ourselves :lol:

Really though like we've talked about this whole year, we made it through this schedule for better or worse, now it's time to see what all the experience we got this year will do for us in tough games.

We should be playing the AFC West and NFC North next year. Plus the division games and the two other division winners. Won't matter who wins the AFC west since we play the division anyways.

Denver
San Diego
Kansas City
Oakland
Baltimore (2)
Cincy (2)
Cleve (2)
Titans
(AFC East Winner)
Vikings
Bears
Packers
Lions

JensK
12-24-2008, 10:03 AM
That is one interresting schedule. It may turn out to ve a pretty rough one.

Denver.. you never know
San Diego.. They are always dangerous, and they are probably the most talented team in the NFL right now. IF they get their act together next year they'll be really hard to beat

Kansas.. We should beat the crap out of them

Oakland.. Se above

Division games.. Always tough games, but as i see it we are the better team amongst these. Baltimore is getting too old (i know.. we said that this year aswell).

Titans.. I guees we'll see if its a one hit wonder

Vikings.. By no means easy. It'll be a tough game

Bears.. See above i guees

Packers.. ^

Lions.. Actually it could turn out to be hard. They have quiet a few upcomming players. If they get a good draft they could be a surprice next year (there is a lot of "IF's" though).

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2008, 11:48 AM
The schedule is a rotating schedule so the schedule is basically set in years ahead......We should all be able to figure the Steelers schedule......There is only two games that are not set in stone and that depends on what place you finish in your division.....Since the Steelers won the AFC North then they place the division winners from the AFC South and AFC East.....They play the entire AFC West next year and NFC North......Then in 2010 the Steelers will play the NFC South and AFC East........2011 the Steelers play the NFC West and AFC South......

As for the Steelers and Titans comparison......There is only one game that matters to me when comparing the Steelers and the Titans....That is the *** kicking they gave us without their two best DL.........If the Titans had Haynesworth and Vaden Bosch then they might have shut out our offense....lol

BlitzburghNation
12-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Ifs and Buts were nuts we'd all have a merry x-mas,,,,,,,,,,Witnessing that :moon: kicking was depressing,,,,,Thought surely our O-line would protect ben with there two hosses out :evilshake:

Have to lay this loss on o-line and Ben's turnovers,,,,,,,But my biggest let down was our "D" not stopping collins & thr running game :cursin:

I am thankful we layed this egg in a reg. season game and not in the 1st rd. of playoffs,,,,

I know our team has it in them to go all the way,,,,,:crossfingers:
Let's just :pray: they put it together in the post season !!!!

NYCsteelersfan
12-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Next year, when you scum F#$%& are sitting around your expensive, mohagany corporate table, inside your lavish Time Square office, and your trying to figue out what you can do to try and keep the boring, unglamerous, low-scoring, small-market, classy and modest Pittsburgh Steelers out of the playoffs cause you think it effects your ratings, try to come up with something a little more creative than just giving us the most absurdly brutal schedule imaginable. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Make us play the Superbowl champions 10 times along with our 6 divisional games.
2. Make all our games on Monday night football, followed by Thursday night football for the entire season.
3. Make us play every single home game in a foreign country.
4. Ban the team from using headsets, mics, benches and watercoolers during games.
5. Make us go 20 yards for our first downs.
6. Put land mines on the field and only tell our opponents where they are.
7. Have ESPN spread a rumor that Roethlisberger is not only gay, but prefers them "young"
8. Try to create a cyborg on the same level as the Terminator and send him back in time to kill 5 year old Troy Polamalu.
9. After the cyborg fails, plant heroin inside Polamalu's Gatorade and suspend him for the season.
10. Accuse us of filming our oppenent's signals. Then say that you forgot to punish the last team properly so this time you'll make the punishment extra harsh and ban the Steelers from the league.