PDA

View Full Version : Keep your Faith!

Mikey86
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I have been a Steelers fan all of my life and being only 29 I have been there for the great 2005-06 Super bowl run as well as the three Championship flops (and one Super bowl flop). I decided to join this forum because I see that a lot of the people here are a lot like me…we live and die by every game (and play) and feel the world is over if we lose. With that said….keep your faith! Don’t let this one loss bring you down. We have the #1 defense in the NFL and while our Quarterback has had some lows (really low at times) he has played against the best defenses in the NFL (Ravens 2x, Giants, Cowboys, Titans, Eagles, Washington) and this will prepare him (and our O-line) for when it counts. Keep your faith! We have a bye week and then a home playoff game coming up after the Browns. We only need to win three games in the playoffs and we CAN do it. We have to play smart football, so if we do not turn the ball over, there is no team, and I mean NO team, that will beat us. Lets take this thing one step at a time and through it all…..keep your faith!!!

Step 1- Win Division Playoff game at home:cope:

BlitzburghNation
12-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Always kept my faith in my team,,,,,,,,,,I was at the titan game & we didn't look like ourselves in the 2nd half :evilshake:

We can still win it all and i still have my :towelwave: held high,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

scott0326
12-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Its just 1 game, No need to worry, Steelers have division won, there in playoffs, they have bye, there playing the Clowns this week.

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Too much gloom and doom on this board much like there always is after the Steelers lose one game. People start saying this team is done, they have no chance to do anything in the playoffs,and just blah blah blah. It was good playing down in Tennessee today I think because it will have the Steelers more ready and prepared if they have to go down there next month for the AFC Title game. At the end of the day the Steelers still have the bye week and are going to be hosting a game here divisional week, and I dont care who comes in here that game is going to be tough for anybody to come into Heinz Field and win with this defense having 2 weeks off and being ready to go. The Steelers will be ready to go come playoff time and this game in Tennessee today in a few weeks will be a distant memory. All the extra motivation they needed for a rematch in Tennessee should there be one was given to them by Lendale White and Keith Bulluck with the towel incident at the end of the game.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2008, 11:37 PM
It's not the loss itself. It's how badly our qb played today.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Ben is pushing right now, he is struggling with himself, I think he is embarrassed. He usually plays better when he is down, so lets hope he gets his act together.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Nobody is giving up the ghost with this team right now, we've come too far. There are glaring issues that we will have to work through the rest of this year and fix in the offseason but for right now it's full steam ahead and a win against Cleveland to finish off the year on a good note.

DBR96A
12-22-2008, 02:08 AM
I was at the game, and even though I was disappointed in the team for not being focused, I think we'll be OK. We still have a first-round bye, so we can get healthy and rested for the playoffs, and since this team has generally responded well to pressure this season, I think we'll win at least one game in the playoffs. Besides, how many people thought we'd have an 11-4 record and a first-round bye with the schedule we've had? Me neither. As long as the team stays focused and we take care of the football, we can beat anybody. Now let's enjoy watching our backups beat the Browns! :greengrin: :helmet:

Troyisabeast_43
12-22-2008, 02:17 AM
I was at the game, and even though I was disappointed in the team for not being focused, I think we'll be OK. We still have a first-round bye, so we can get healthy and rested for the playoffs, and since this team has generally responded well to pressure this season, I think we'll win at least one game in the playoffs. Besides, how many people thought we'd have an 11-4 record and a first-round bye with the schedule we've had? Me neither. As long as the team stays focused and we take care of the football, we can beat anybody. Now let's enjoy watching our backups beat the Browns! :greengrin: :helmet:

Im not losing sleep over it at all. The Titans had their way today with the Steelers and were better then them on this day. The Steelers just need to forget about this game and learn from it and move on and get ready for the playoffs. The Steelers are still 1 win away at home in the playoffs from possibly getting another shot at going back down to Nashville and a rematch with the Titans in the game that will really count unlike the one today. Let the Titans have this game and think they won something by clinching homefield and the number 1 seed in the playoffs. The next game in Tennessee should it happen will have the real meaning too it and the Lamar Hunt Trophy on the line which is what I will gladly take over the homefield advantage title which doesnt win you ****...

SteelersGirlTN7
12-22-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm not as upset with this loss as I thought I'd be. Like others have said, to be sitting at 11-4 with what have gone through this year is pretty awesome. We'll get them again in the playoffs when it really counts!!

It bothered me more with the crap I put up with in the stadium (not even mentioning the low class's treatment of the TT).

I pretty much shut up every person who said anything to my dad and I on our way out. Just mentioning how long is it going to take the Titans to win even ONE ring? Or that Ben can't suck too bad if he's got more wins in his first 5 years than ANY quarterback ever. These are just among some of the comebacks that shut them up!!

GO STEELERS!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2008, 04:26 AM
Im still pissed off about this loss but I have to admit that going into this game as the week dragged on and they kept hyping the Steelers that we would be in for a bigger fight than most wanted to let on. We had a chance to really come in and assert ourselves in this matchup as the best of the best but for various reasons we just were not up to the task. It's over now and time to move on, the Steelers need to forget this game for now and look ahead but at the same time they need to see how a focused, aggressive defense was able to man handle them on offense and work on trying to fix it because you can bet everybody who we play from here on out will be watching this game tape.

I'll be over it by tomorrow hopefully but Im still irritated at the blown opportunity. Hell I can't lose sleep over it Im at work right now doing some training ..LOL

TampaSteelGirl
12-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I was so mad yesterday! I was beyond pissed! Today after sleeping on it I just feel disappointed, no longer mad just very very disappointed.

SteelerSal
12-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Am I the only one who's not losing sleep over this loss?

Nope. This was a game that I figured that the only way to win would be with a vanilla offensive and defensive gameplan.
Did anybody think that LeBeau was gonna throw the kitchen sink at a team that we could possibly play in the playoffs?
You can best believe that we wont see those stupid draw plays in the playoffs either.

I'm not happy with the way the offense performed but I'm sure that they only played with a few pages of the playbook.

Great game to show the offense that they need to grow up and contribute because Mommy Defenses hand wont always be their to bail them out.
I see good changes from the offense come playoff time......it's got to get better because it sure as hell can't get any worse.:cope:

portcityblackandgold
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Not only I am not losing sleep, the Titans had more to lose in a loss than the Steelers. And if we're going to have a bad game let's get it out the way right now.

Steelersfan
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I didn't lose any sleep but am still pissed at the way they lost this game. First drive starts at midfield and they do nothing. Fumble on the 1. Missed FG. Poor tackling by the D. Ben and Holmes still not on the same page half the time.

All I wanted was to see them play a decent game and do the simple things right. The Steelers could have easily been up 10-0 early on but once again this offense can't put the ball in the endzone!

So ya, I'm pissed about it and don't like the idea of them going into the playoffs playing a game like that. It's not the win/loss, just play a solid game!

yinzer
12-22-2008, 11:02 AM
I didn't lose any sleep but am still pissed at the way they lost this game. First drive starts at midfield and they do nothing. Fumble on the 1. Missed FG. Poor tackling by the D. Ben and Holmes still not on the same page half the time.

All I wanted was to see them play a decent game and do the simple things right. The Steelers could have easily been up 10-0 early on but once again this offense can't put the ball in the endzone!

So ya, I'm pissed about it and don't like the idea of them going into the playoffs playing a game like that. It's not the win/loss, just play a solid game!

:plus1:

BlackGold4vr
12-22-2008, 11:41 AM
I am not losing sleep either. It means nothing. The Titans or any other team is just as capable of laying an egg like we did. What that loss did do for us was insure that we wouldn't face the Ravens in the divisional round of the playoffs. Instead we will get the Colts. Not that the Colts are a gift to play but you don't get as beat up playing the Colts as you would against the Ravens. So if we do have to play the Ravens again it would be at home and would mean that they eliminated the Titans. Barring injuries to key players we still have a team that is capable of running the table if the offense gets hot. :yesnod:

AZ_Steeler
12-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm more in a bummed state right now... I had a feeling they would lose one along the way because they haven't exactly had an easy schedule. NE @ NE, the Cowboys @ home, the Ravens @ Baltimore and then they had to go to Tennessee to face the Titans! That is one heck of a stretch and to see them complete that stretch 3-1 is awesome! :clap:

The loss may have even flipped a switch on some of the players too and made them realize they need to make some changes themselves especially if they want a chance at a rematch against the Titans.

NCSteeler
12-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Nope. This was a game that I figured that the only way to win would be with a vanilla offensive and defensive gameplan.
Did anybody think that LeBeau was gonna throw the kitchen sink at a team that we could possibly play in the playoffs?
You can best believe that we wont see those stupid draw plays in the playoffs either.

I'm not happy with the way the offense performed but I'm sure that they only played with a few pages of the playbook.

Great game to show the offense that they need to grow up and contribute because Mommy Defenses hand wont always be their to bail them out.
I see good changes from the offense come playoff time......it's got to get better because it sure as hell can't get any worse.:cope:

I thought that it was a very vanilla game plan , no exotic blitzes. Also could see the air come out of the D when Harrison got hurt. I think the reality that this game didn't matter, but their health did, set in.Way too many delayed handoffs that were for 5 yard losses(can we officially remove this play now!!)
I really think that Lebeau was showing some stuff to see how the titans O would play it, so we can come back here and give them something way different.

It is obvious Ben makes mistakes when he is pushing it. They don't play well when the D is not keeping it close.

With all that said, I think that the champ game will be in our house against the Ravens.

snowman79
12-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey i am hurting but only because i dont like to see us loose any games, like my old coach used to say "show me a good loser ans i will show you a loser" howver once again we pushed the self destruct button, we should have and could have beaten this team, let them have their moment of glory, have they had a schedule like we have no, so hey its gone its in the past it means nothing but i just hope and pray we meet these bas*ards again and make them pay for their treatment of the TT

HUNT4SEVEN
12-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Not only I am not losing sleep, the Titans had more to lose in a loss than the Steelers. And if we're going to have a bad game let's get it out the way right now.
Exactly:clap::tt02::cope:

HUNT4SEVEN
12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
It's not the loss itself. It's how badly our qb played today.
Not only Ben but the Offensive playing has been killing us all year, Willie running is just plain terrible,an the O-line:banging:SPEAKS FOR ITSELF! We have no identity on Offense that's what hurts most of us STEELERS fans:imho: but on an side note i do feel they played very very very VANILLA yesterday:thinking:

ejsteeler
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Not losing sleep here either. I just hope Arians will finally acknowledge our weaknesses and game plan accordingly instead of just thinking we can do anything we want.

I was there too DBR, did you freeze you arse off too? That wind was a killer man.
Thankfully, the tittan fans I was around were pretty cool and we had a good time with each other, though it got harder at the end of course....:evilshake:

KSSteelerfan
12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
The Steelers will recover from this loss and I will go on the record and predict a big win against the Clowns!!!!!! :gosteelers::steelersflag4::herewego::gs:

Clevelandsux
12-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm not so pissed that we lost, but the way we lost. We played so horrible.Especially the offense,they are so inept. Then to have fatboy Lendale white stomping on a terrible towel.

I just hope coach Tomlin plays that video over and over for the team should they play again.

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2008, 03:10 PM
You have to pry every last ounce of Steeler from me before I give up.

Mikey86
01-11-2009, 09:46 PM
With reference to the first post of this thread......

Step 1- Win Division Playoff game at home:yesnod:

Step 2- Win AFC Championship game at home

Mikey86
01-18-2009, 11:44 PM
With reference to the first post (and last post) of this thread......

Step 2- Win AFC Championship game at home :yesnod:

Step 3- Win the Super Bowl

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Never say die with this team, you can never count them out. They just find ways to win games any way they can.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Hey I have actually been positive and believing in this team all post-season.....I said to myself after the Titans loss to just enjoy the post-season no matter what the out come was.......For me to be positive and believing is a huge step for me.........What a football team and I'm Damn Proud Of The Whole Damn Team.......

Mikey86
02-02-2009, 12:58 AM
With reference to the first post (and a couple others) of this thread, it is with GREAT pride that I finish what this thread was intended to accomplish......

Step 2- Win AFC Championship game at home :yesnod:

Step 3- Win the Super Bowl::clap:

How 'bout them Steelers!!!!!!!!!!