PDA

View Full Version : Is Willie Parker hurting the Steelers?

Iron City South
12-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Parker is now officially at a point where he is hurting this team more than he is helping it by starting ....

Time to finally pull the plug on him and put Moore in as our starter.

Steelerlyn
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Is that a decision for the coach or for Willie? Because I feel that way about Ben.

Lefty would do a better job.......Ben is hurt so sit your *** down

Koopa
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
lol, leftwich is a bum of a qb......... and willie needs to die

Zachintosh66
12-21-2008, 10:58 PM
leftwhich is less mobile than Ben... so instead of 4-5 sacks a game it be 7-10

Willie needs to be traded and Colbert needs to draft at least one OL on day 1 come april...

Koopa
12-21-2008, 10:58 PM
the most you can get for willie at this point is a ha, i'd rather eat dog **** then have him on my team...............

Prosdo
12-21-2008, 11:03 PM
What is up with the constant running Willie Parker up the middle. News flash he isn't Jerome Bettis or anything close!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-21-2008, 11:08 PM
We need better play from the offense as a whole. We do need to draft some O-line help in the draft. Can Tomlin and co accomplish that? I doubt it.

JoeThomas
12-21-2008, 11:19 PM
What is up with the constant running Willie Parker up the middle. News flash he isn't Jerome Bettis or anything close!!!

metcalf up the middle...haha. some backs are better used going right and left not north and south. i wouldnt be shocked to see him cut in the offseason and them keep moore and mendenhall.

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2008, 11:19 PM
This offense is what it is guys and things the way they look are not going to get much better. The offense today I did think played pretty good in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and once they fell behind it kind of tailed off some. But the bottom line is with this Steelers team this season they are going to win games with their defense playing the way it has all season long and by the offense not screwing it up. This offense isnt going to magically all of a sudden start scoring 30-40 points a game it just isnt going to happen. This team needs to win with this defense and hope that the offense can play good enough in the playoffs to not screw it up for the D. If it can do that much like we have seen for a good part of this season the Steelers will be fine and have a chance to win and go to the Super Bowl. If the offense implodes and turns the ball over much like it did today they arent going to have any chance.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Parker is now officially at a point where he is hurting this team more than he is helping it by starting ....

Time to finally pull the plug on him and put Moore in as our starter.

No way leftwich shpuld start, no way.

Willie is not playing well either. You know there seems to be a common theme here. Some think that Willie sucks, some think its Ben, we keep hearing that the line is weak, and our receivers are over rated. Maybe its just the play calling!

JoeThomas
12-21-2008, 11:30 PM
keep the QB. dont get a controversy started. Ben is a franchise guy. a better O line and a offseason to heal, he will be fine.

Steelerlyn
12-21-2008, 11:39 PM
There is only one game left. I doubt a controversy would be started. The way they looked today...........they need a rest OR something. A 42 yr old qb made the 20 something little ben look like a real rookie.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Willie is a scatback. He's not a bruiser like we try to use him. He does not have the genetic make-up. I look for Mendenhall to fill that need when he comes back.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 11:43 PM
There is only one game left. I doubt a controversy would be started. The way they looked today...........they need a rest OR something. A 42 yr old qb made the 20 something little ben look like a real rookie.

Little Ben! Lyn every week you amaze me more and more. Your probably not a Steelers fan anyway. Your a glass half empty #$%^&!

Iron City South
12-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Ok, let me reel this thread back in .....

First off ..... Those that think it's all Ben truly don't understand the game, nor do they understand what a tremendous asset Ben is to this franchise. You do realize that without Ben we're a sub .500 team, right? ....

With Ben it's all about accepting his bad with his good. Sure he'll have a crap game now and then and sure ..... he's a drama queen at times, but Ben has proven time and again that he's the ultimate competitor. He's a "gamer" witha a gamer attitude. More importantly he's a winner. There's about 25 other teams that would suck him up in a minute if given the opportunity.

With Parker it's about him not fitting into Arians single back system than it is anything else. His running style and limited vision isn't cut out for this system. It's the equivalent of putting a square peg in a round hole. Now give Willie a "hammer" FB to line up in the backfield along with him and it's a totally different story. Willie is a 2 back style runner. He needs that lead blocker to clear the way for him. I'd venture to say that Willie would easily be a 1200 yd. rusher in a 2 back system.

popstaala
12-22-2008, 12:16 AM
i hate you parker.... im going to burn your jersey and drink me som beer

Troyisabeast_43
12-22-2008, 12:46 AM
I do think Mewelde Moore fits this offense right now better then Willie Parker does with the way they run the one back system every single play. The Steelers need to stop trying to run the ball when they get down inside the 10 yard line and just start spreading the field with 4 or 5 wides. Because it's obvious that Willie Parker cannot run at all when they are down near the goaline.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Im finally jumping off the FWP bandwagon here..bad OL or not atleast Moore can move the chains and get some positive yards when he has the ball. Parker was stopped 5 or 6 times behind the line and even when he had the ball he just runs into the pile and falls down. At this point having him in the game is not helping us at all; I had held out hope that after he healed up he'd get back to old Willie but that is a pipe dream and putting him in the game nets us nothing but negative yards. I think he averaged like 2 yds a carry today or something.

Troyisabeast_43
12-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Im finally jumping off the FWP bandwagon here..bad OL or not atleast Moore can move the chains and get some positive yards when he has the ball. Parker was stopped 5 or 6 times behind the line and even when he had the ball he just runs into the pile and falls down. At this point having him in the game is not helping us at all; I had held out hope that after he healed up he'd get back to old Willie but that is a pipe dream and putting him in the game nets us nothing but negative yards. I think he averaged like 2 yds a carry today or something.

Im with you TG I am off the wagon as well and I just feel that with Moore in the game more no pun intended that this offense has a better chance to succeed not only with him running the ball but also making catches out of the backfield and on 3rd down as well. They need to start using Mewelde Moore in this offense here more so then Willie Parker but once again with Bruce Arians in charge of play calling you cant expect anything to change here. For Arians to continually keep running Parker on first and goal on first and second down is just completely and utterly inexcusable and just horrific play calling on his part. The sad part about Arians and this playcalling is there is just no end in sight of things getting any better or changing that is what is the most frustrating thing of all...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2008, 04:12 AM
At this point Im all for putting Russel in the lineup instead of parker and using Moore in an increased role. We know that won't happen because Arians will continue to beat his head against the wall trying to get Parker going but it's not worked this far and there's no reason to think it will.

COmmon sense tells me that if you have a bad running game you try something different but hey that's just me.

DIESELMAN
12-22-2008, 04:40 AM
At this point Im all for putting Russel in the lineup instead of parker and using Moore in an increased role. We know that won't happen because Arians will continue to beat his head against the wall trying to get Parker going but it's not worked this far and there's no reason to think it will.

COmmon sense tells me that if you have a bad running game you try something different but hey that's just me.

Common sense? BA doesn't seem like he has that.....if something isn't working game in and game out, then you try something different but he stubbornly sticks to his gameplan like he can will it to work. McHugh in as FB, especially in goal to go situations, Moore as our featured back with Russell spelling him. Don't anyone give me this crap that our OL sucks that bad they can't run block, maybe for FWP to gain positive yardage but Moore has already proven he can play with what we got.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2008, 04:44 AM
We know they can't block for FWP, anything short yardage or not he can't do ****. As far as Moore goes, he's been stonewalled several times this year in short yardage but he was atleast able to convert it some of the time in the redzone. We freekin have Russel, use that guy for God sakes but nnooo, we're just gonna keep on doing a whole lot of nothing in the running game and be as predictable as we can so everybody knows when we're running and in which direction too.

Our Line just doens't get any kind of push in the running game, it's rare to see them actually moving the pile forward at all. you'd think they would excel at that part of their job atleast...

steelers4life66
12-22-2008, 09:39 AM

First off ..... Those that think it's all Ben truly don't understand the game, nor do they understand what a tremendous asset Ben is to this franchise. You do realize that without Ben we're a sub .500 team, right? ....

With Ben it's all about accepting his bad with his good. Sure he'll have a crap game now and then and sure ..... he's a drama queen at times, but Ben has proven time and again that he's the ultimate competitor. He's a "gamer" witha a gamer attitude. More importantly he's a winner. There's about 25 other teams that would suck him up in a minute if given the opportunity.

With Parker it's about him not fitting into Arians single back system than it is anything else. His running style and limited vision isn't cut out for this system. It's the equivalent of putting a square peg in a round hole. Now give Willie a "hammer" FB to line up in the backfield along with him and it's a totally different story. Willie is a 2 back style runner. He needs that lead blocker to clear the way for him. I'd venture to say that Willie would easily be a 1200 yd. rusher in a 2 back system.
:clap: Hell ya. I'm with you. Give Willie a FB to follow swap him and moore out to keep them fresh and I think our running game could be back on track.

SteelerSal
12-22-2008, 09:55 AM
:clap: Hell ya. I'm with you. Give Willie a FB to follow swap him and moore out to keep them fresh and I think our running game could be back on track.

Drafting Owen Schmitt either in third or fourth instead of Davis or Hill looks pretty good right now..........Oh and torching the singleback formation from the playbook also.

Get back to old school Steelers football and dominate the ground game dammit and Ben will look and feel a whole lot better.
Anybody noticed the Titans took a page out of our old Smashmouth Playbook yesterday in the 4th qaurter? That should of been us.....thats our image, I mean was.:evilshake:

Steelersfan
12-22-2008, 10:18 AM
It's about time you all woke up!.........lol I've hated Parker as the starter since day one! It isn't him personally, it's his style. I've always hated that style RB because they are way too inconsistent. Sure he can racks up some yards but there is more to it than that. You have to be able to sustain drives! Moore gives us (and has all year) the best chance to do that. I hope they keep him and Mendy next year and trade Parker for a pick or OL or something! Hell, I'd trade him for a punter right now.......lol

AZ_Steeler
12-22-2008, 11:44 AM
After watching the Giants game last night I have come to conclusion that it's not really Parker or Moore's fault although I still think Moore is far better than Parker as I've been saying all year. Any how, back to my point... The Giants run with a FB and I even saw a play where the TE pulled and busted up the whole as well. Parker made a valid point a couple of weeks back about the formation being predictable and I think he was right! The Giants put up over 300 yards rushing last night and I think a lot of that had to do with the FB leading the way. The Steelers running back have to work for what yards to they do pick up by being crafty which Moore is more craftier than Parker and not as big of a wuss either!

SteelerSal
12-22-2008, 12:30 PM
After watching the Giants game last night I have come to conclusion that it's not really Parker or Moore's fault although I still think Moore is far better than Parker as I've been saying all year. Any how, back to my point... The Giants run with a FB and I even saw a play where the TE pulled and busted up the whole as well. Parker made a valid point a couple of weeks back about the formation being predictable and I think he was right! The Giants put up over 300 yards rushing last night and I think a lot of that had to do with the FB leading the way. The Steelers running back have to work for what yards to they do pick up by being crafty which Moore is more craftier than Parker and not as big of a wuss either!

I watched the Steelers, I mean the Giants, run all night and get big chunks of yardge with a fullback leading the way and it pissed me off more than our loss to the Titans knowing that they're style used to be our smashmouth image.
Now I'm not saying that a FB wil cure all our rushing problems....but it will sure help.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-22-2008, 12:36 PM
I've been saying it all year get rid of the three tightend set:cursin:, get rid of Willie because he has no vision:cursin:back to this three tightend set it never works the tightends do not want to block:evilshake: that's stuff u use in college:rant2: an back to Willie now we understand why he was benched in college.:cursin:

BlackGold4vr
12-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I've been saying it all year get rid of the three tightend set:cursin:, get rid of Willie because he has no vision:cursin:back to this three tightend set it never works the tightends do not want to block:evilshake: that's stuff u use in college:rant2: an back to Willie now we understand why he was benched in college.:cursin:

I agree that Willie is hurting our team. He doesn't seem to have good field vision to see the holes develope and he also doesn't seem to possess the power to break tackles. I see him running into the backs of his blockers a lot and he always goes down at first contact. No doubt that our offense is much more efficient with Moore in the backfield. Parker gets us into those 3rd and longs on a consistent basis. Look at the numbers they don't lie. Not that our O-line is blowing up their blocks and creating huge running lanes, they are not! Which is why we need Moore back there to create the most of what little is there. Willie has speed and nothing else. I find myself hoping he gets injured and is unable to play. We are a better team when he is in civilian clothes on the sidelines. I would love to see Moore taking most of the carries and Russell spelling him! :2cents:

Stlrs4Life
12-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Well Willie and Arians need to sit. Willie still hasn't recovered from his injury.

SteelFanInIL
12-23-2008, 09:27 AM

:clap: What he said: clap:

TEEMONT
12-23-2008, 10:48 AM

I really hate to agree with you in one of my few posts in the last 40 some days, but I have to agree to a point.

Willie is showing and saying that he is not a one-back offense type of back. Does this mean the blame should be put solely on his shoulders for the offenses woes? NO!

I havent seen Moore do much ....well....more than FWP this year. Sure he has been better stat wise, and catching the ball out of the backfield but at this point it seems like it's almost luck. I also can't help but feel like the only time the line gets a push or makes a hole is when Moore is running. I know that seems like whining, but there are a ton of plays when as soon as Parker gets the ball, there is a DL in the backfield. No amount of vision is going to cure that.

I'm a fan of old-fashoined football, so that means throwing a fullback in there. I like the 3 TE set, but what good does it do when your number 2 and 3 TE's couldn't block on a D2 NCAA team?

I would really like to see Gary Russell get the ball a little more. He seems to run hard and straight ahead when he has it, which IMO is the cure for this O-line. We need someone to throw some weight around out there. This is tackle football, not flag football.

The o-line needs addressed badly, if it's not the number one priority int the off-season, then maybe Colbert needs his motives/expertise questioned.

I knwo this isn't a thread about Ben, but I haven't been posting too much, so I am going to sound off anyways.

Ben is a top5 QB....no doubt in my mind. What he does best is improvise, and I really think he would be better off drawing up plays in the Heinz field mud, rather than run what Arians buzzes in to him. He seems rattled, but who wouldn't be when your offensive line resembles those cheap paper towels in the Bounty commercials.

Arians needs to do two things IMO:1. roll ben out, we all know he is bettr on the run. Ben is ****ing lights out when he runs the ball. 2. let Ben call his own plays on a few drives a game. I know I am one of the biggest ben haters on this site, but the man is in the mold of Terry Bradshaw. He is a smart football player. Arians is not a smart OC, it's that simple. We have seen what Arians can do, which is about equal to what I flushed down a toilet the other day.

This season is far from over, we have a huge chance to go into the playoffs on a high since we play the clowns. Our boys have as good a chance as any team to at least get to the SB.

These guys play better with their backs against the wall, plain and simple.

Being deployed, the one thing that makes me happy (other than talking to my wife) is being able to see the Steelers play each week, so I am going to maintain a positive outlook on this season.

BTW the next chance I have to watch them play in the States......Feb 2nd.

I dunno about you guys but I plan on watching the Black and Gold in that game.

Keep the faith....we play better as dogs.

Here we go..........!

AZ_Steeler
12-23-2008, 12:22 PM
:scratch: Is that for real... Teemont and ICS agreeing on something??? :thud: Must be the holidays! LOL

BlackGold4vr
12-23-2008, 12:29 PM
:scratch: Is that for real... Teemont and ICS agreeing on something??? :thud: Must be the holidays! LOL

I have found that although ICS and I agree on absolutely nothing in politics, when it comes to our Steelers we agree on almost everything. I rarely if ever disagree with his opinions of the team. :yesnod:

ejsteeler
12-23-2008, 12:30 PM
It is very much the play calling. If infact we will stay with this TE set instead of a FB, then as much as I hate to say it, FWP will not fit in.
It makes no sense to me, however, to try and make a player fit a scheme when you have players in place for another scheme that has been proven yet you refuse to use it. Which brings it all back to Arians. As an OC, you have to make the best of what you have. He is not. :2cents:

Iron City South
12-23-2008, 01:52 PM
It is very much the play calling. If infact we will stay with this TE set instead of a FB, then as much as I hate to say it, FWP will not fit in.
It makes no sense to me, however, to try and make a player fit a scheme when you have players in place for another scheme that has been proven yet you refuse to use it. Which brings it all back to Arians. As an OC, you have to make the best of what you have. He is not. :2cents:

Well said .....:plus1:.

RAWSTEEL
12-23-2008, 09:35 PM
willie is only good 2 the outside he is never good between the tackels or up the middle thats why it amazes me why they keep trying it that way i would love 2 see more counters and weekside runs 2 the outside with wille but moore is clearly runing alot better i think they should use wille on runs 2 the outside and moore as their # 1 and russell for short yards and goaline. i would be rotating all 3 of them 2 see who gets the run game going you have better chances that way at this point.

steel-tex
12-24-2008, 10:30 AM
PARKER DOSEN'T HAVE ANY ROOM TO RUN - THE O LINE SUCKS - LETS GET IT FIXED BEFORE WE SCRAP WILLIE FOR A UNTESTED HURT ROOKIE. IF YOU HAVE A GOOD O -LINE YOU CAN RUN MOST BACKS WITH SUCCESS - THE LINE MAKES THE HOLES. THE LINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE. WILLIE HAS BEEN HURT ALL YEAR - AND I AGREE WITH HIM . THE SAME PLAYS ARE CALLED OVER AND OVER AND THEY DON'T WORK. ON SECOND AND GOAL BEFORE BEN FUMBLED THERE WHOLE D WAS BUNCHED UP FOR THE RUN EVERYONE KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, WE HAD ONE RECEIVER LINED UP WIDE AND ONE BACK -TRIED TO BLOCK 10 GUYS WITH 8 AND THEY STUFFED US-THEN WE TRY TO THROW ON 3RD DOWN ( THERE READY FOR THAT ONE )- RUN RUN PASS- NO IMAGINATION WE ARE TOO PREDICTABLE ON OFFENCE.

TEEMONT
12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
willie is only good 2 the outside he is never good between the tackels or up the middle thats why it amazes me why they keep trying it that way i would love 2 see more counters and weekside runs 2 the outside with wille but moore is clearly runing alot better i think they should use wille on runs 2 the outside and moore as their # 1 and russell for short yards and goaline. i would be rotating all 3 of them 2 see who gets the run game going you have better chances that way at this point.

never is a helluva word.......its so.....definite.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Willie hasn't been right all year, health wise. Every time you see him run he just doesn't have that burst of speed and quick cutting ability that's been such a big part of his game so far in his career. A few times this year when he has broken long runs you can see him running tentative and not turning on the jets like before. He should be able to outrun 90% of the DB's in this league if not 95% of them but half the time he's caught by a chasing in LB or Safety.

Regardless though Willie has said before he needs a FB to be at his best, last year we had Davis who didn't do **** and Willie was playing OK but clearly not to his strenghts. So again why do we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. I mean it just seriously pisses me off to see this team trying to run an offense that they clearly are not built for when it comes to the running game. :banging:

DIESELMAN
12-24-2008, 12:26 PM
The o-line needs addressed badly, if it's not the number one priority int the off-season, then maybe Colbert needs his motives/expertise questioned.

Ben is a top5 QB....no doubt in my mind. What he does best is improvise, and I really think he would be better off drawing up plays in the Heinz field mud, rather than run what Arians buzzes in to him. He seems rattled, but who wouldn't be when your offensive line resembles those cheap paper towels in the Bounty commercials.

Arians needs to do two things IMO:1. roll ben out, we all know he is bettr on the run. Ben is ****ing lights out when he runs the ball. 2. let Ben call his own plays on a few drives a game. I know I am one of the biggest ben haters on this site, but the man is in the mold of Terry Bradshaw. He is a smart football player. Arians is not a smart OC, it's that simple. We have seen what Arians can do, which is about equal to what I flushed down a toilet the other day.

This season is far from over, we have a huge chance to go into the playoffs on a high since we play the clowns. Our boys have as good a chance as any team to at least get to the SB.

These guys play better with their backs against the wall, plain and simple.

Being deployed, the one thing that makes me happy (other than talking to my wife) is being able to see the Steelers play each week, so I am going to maintain a positive outlook on this season.

BTW the next chance I have to watch them play in the States......Feb 2nd.

I dunno about you guys but I plan on watching the Black and Gold in that game.

Keep the faith....we play better as dogs.

Here we go..........!

:plus1: Well put T!!!!! If we could get a OC that was as good on offense as LeBeau is on defense we would be world champs every year. The OL definitely needs to be addressed in next years draft. BG4vr and me were talkin about this in the war room. We've got just about all the offensive weapons we need for now. The D could use some help on the line but the OL is where we need to wheel and deal and do whatever it takes (within reason) to get the studs and maulers we need to get our OL where it needs to be.:cope::cope::cope:

JensK
12-24-2008, 12:32 PM
:plus1: Well put T!!!!! If we could get a OC that was as good on offense as LeBeau is on defense we would be world champs every year. The OL definitely needs to be addressed in next years draft. BG4vr and me were talkin about this in the war room. We've got just about all the offensive weapons we need for now. The D could use some help on the line but the OL is where we need to wheel and deal and do whatever it takes (within reason) to get the studs and maulers we need to get our OL where it needs to be.:cope::cope::cope:

Yeah, and really.. The Dline can wait a year or two. After ive seen Kirsche get some time on the field this season i think we are somewhat solid for at least a year or two. Hes been playing really well. Eason can get the job done at stoping the run. He is not a great pass rusher by any means, but he is getting the job done. We'll be fine on the dline for at least a year. Im not saying that we shouldnt adress this, because we should, but it can wait a year. The o-line must be number one priority right now.

NYCsteelersfan
12-26-2008, 01:34 AM
It's about time you all woke up!.........lol I've hated Parker as the starter since day one! It isn't him personally, it's his style. I've always hated that style RB because they are way too inconsistent. Sure he can racks up some yards but there is more to it than that. You have to be able to sustain drives! Moore gives us (and has all year) the best chance to do that. I hope they keep him and Mendy next year and trade Parker for a pick or OL or something! Hell, I'd trade him for a punter right now.......lol

I honestly have never liked him for this team either personally. I always hoped we would replace him with a big bruiser the first chance we got but they stuck with him cause he was working to some degree. My friends who are all Giants fans would look at me like I was crazy because they played fantasy football and Parkers TOTAL numbers were great but I always knew his numbers never told the real story of his in game abilities. 25 carries for about 45 yards and 5 carries for 55 yards=25 carries of worthless $hit just so he could break 2 or 3 a game for 10-15 yards. It was always painful for me to watch after growing up with Bettis. The worst part is he would break fewer and fewer a game, making him more and more useless.

I knew Parker was a liability to the team quite some time ago this season, at this point my gripe is with Tomlin for having stubbornly and stupidly stuck with him this long and this consistently. I don't know if a fear of the front office making that dreaded call asking why the running back getting "star" running back money was now a backup. Or if it's strictly a bad Tomlin decision. I hope it's the former otherwise our future franchise headcoach as way too much to learn still.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Im not writing Parker off as a liability for the future of this team in seasons to come but for this year he is clearly not the same. Blame it on the injuries or whatever but he's just not getting it done and Moore needs to start the rest of the way out. Use Willie to spell Moore instead of the other way around but relying mainly on Parker to carry the load would/is a huge blunderess way of thinking.

Parker has shown that with a good line he can be a work horse and run this offense but since we don't have that he is severely hampered. My big hope is that next year Mendenhall is ready to step in and take the starting job, Moore as the backup/3rd down guy and Russel as the short yardage guy that also Mendenhall can hopefully be too. At this point they aren't going to keep all 3 next year plus Russel and Davis so something is going to have to give and Parker may be the odd man out. We'll have to see but for this year Im just so disappointed in the way he's performed, gotten injured and missed so many games that he has turned into a liability at this point for 2008.

Silverback
12-26-2008, 02:27 AM
Yeah, as said FWP needs the line and then can take a 3 yard gain and turn it into a 10 yarder. As for right now you have to be impressed with what Moore has done in the current scheme. I'm excited for Mendenhall's return next year though, which will hopefully bring a power running game that we haven't had for a while now, and then there might be a place for FWP.

Steelersfan
12-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, as said FWP needs the line and then can take a 3 yard gain and turn it into a 10 yarder. As for right now you have to be impressed with what Moore has done in the current scheme. I'm excited for Mendenhall's return next year though, which will hopefully bring a power running game that we haven't had for a while now, and then there might be a place for FWP.

Almost any RB at the NFL level can go 10-15 yds with a good line. The only plus with Parker was he "had" the ability to break one every now and then. I don't see that anymore and he is at the age where RB's start to decline so I don't see it getting any better either.

Not saying you Silverback, but why do some people say, "If Parker had a line he would be fine"? If the Steelers had a line they could use almost anybody. Face it, Parkers days of breaking those long runs are over and besides, I still couldn't stand all the times he got stopped for a loss. It's not like that is something new this year.

NYCsteelersfan
12-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Almost any RB at the NFL level can go 10-15 yds with a good line. The only plus with Parker was he "had" the ability to break one every now and then. I don't see that anymore and he is at the age where RB's start to decline so I don't see it getting any better either.

Not saying you Silverback, but why do some people say, "If Parker had a line he would be fine"? If the Steelers had a line they could use almost anybody. Face it, Parkers days of breaking those long runs are over and besides, I still couldn't stand all the times he got stopped for a loss. It's not like that is something new this year.

I not only agree with the bolded points 100% but I think they are virtually facts rather than opinion.

AZ_Steeler
12-26-2008, 01:15 PM
<link (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08361/937738-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml)>

Since he became a starter in 2005, Willie Parker has never been through a three-game stretch like the one he just endured.

Parker, a two-time Pro Bowl running back, has 101 yards rushing on 44 carries in the past three games, a stretch punctuated by a performance against the Tennessee Titans in which he had six carries for negative yards and three others for no yards.

Even his signature run -- the big play -- has disappeared. Parker has only two runs longer than 20 yards this season, tied for second fewest in the NFL among players with as many rushing yards.

"You know, it's frustrating, but you just got to hang in there and keep it together as a team," Parker said. "There were a lot of negative runs, but we got to put it together and just start clicking."

There might be some help coming from the Cleveland Browns.

They rank 29th in the NFL in rush defense and gave up a career-high 171 yards rushing to Cincinnati's Cedric Benson last week.

"You got to keep running," said Parker, who has 673 yards on 186 carries this season. "Being a running back, you never know what can happen. In one mishap, they could shoot a gap and give me a big hole somewhere else and I can cut back. It can be a big play."

Black@Gold Forever32
12-26-2008, 01:46 PM

Wow I just saw this post.....Really you need to stop watching football all together.....Big reason Kerry Collins had a good game is the Steelers defense didn't put any consistent pressure on him all game.......Any QB can look great when he has time in the pocket.....Most of the time the Steelers were rushing 3 or 4 guys which I don't understand why LeBeau didn't dial up more heat on Collins.....I guess LeBeau didn't want to show to much since the play-offs are so close....

As for Ben yes he didn't have a good game and his turn overs killed the Steelers....But the Titans defense put consistent pressure on him without their top two DL....lol The offensive line is the main problem with this entire offense and that is evident in the running game to.....The injuries to the RB's havn't helped either but the offensive line and BA looking lost as an OC are the biggest issues with this offense this season.....

Ben hasn't played his best football this year no doubt and he should be held accountable.....But I do believe his shoulder still isn't 100 percent and he goes out there and plays every game behind an offensive line that subjects him to more of a beating......As a fan that is all I can ask from Ben......My only complaint about him is he just needs to secure the football alittle better....He has 23 fumbles of his 32 career fumbles the last two seasons......But when he is running for his life on a consistent basis will subject Ben to coughing up the ball like that.....Fix the offensive line and the entire offense will be better.....Getting rid of the two TE set will also help or at least have tight ends that can block worth a damn if you're going to run two TE formations....Even Heath Miller blocks like a little girl anymore....Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes blocks better then our TE's....lol

Silverback
12-26-2008, 02:48 PM

You may be right that Parker is declining, but i"m not 100% convinced yet. For certain though I think we can all agree Parker's days as a featured back are over and his use, if any, should be that Reggie Bush Scat-Back type role.

Steelersfan
12-26-2008, 02:56 PM
You may be right that Parker is declining, but i"m not 100% convinced yet. For certain though I think we can all agree Parker's days as a featured back are over and his use, if any, should be that Reggie Bush Scat-Back type role.

I've always wanted them to use Parker as more of a relief/situational type back. I've just always thought he would be way more dangerous coming into a game fresh against a D that is getting tired. Not only do I think he would have broken more long runs but it also would have extended his career.

Silverback
12-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I've always wanted them to use Parker as more of a relief/situational type back. I've just always thought he would be way more dangerous coming into a game fresh against a D that is getting tired. Not only do I think he would have broken more long runs but it also would have extended his career.

Exactly, he just isn't made to be a guy who can take 20-25 carries a game, but great as 2nd or 3rd option.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Willie is hurt and if anyone cant see that he is hurt then they are just blind. Willie hasnt hurt us as much as the qb but I expect ben to get a pass. How many times has Willie fumbled to lose a game? NEVER. I dont blame the system, the playcalling, I blame the misfortune of injury. How is LT playing this season for the Chargers? Is obvious he is not healthy and his stats attest to that. Never been a Willie guy (hes limited and raw and vision is garbage) but he has helped us you cant deny that. The player who has hurt the steelers the most this season is Ben. Sure he has helped ALOT too (Jags,Ravens, Cowboys,Texans etc) but if you say "hurt" nothing hurts like turnovers and in 4 losses Ben has 16. Does willie even have one turnover? Again, not a Willie fan, I wanted us to draft Jonathan Stewart. I'm from Idaho and I am in oregon all the time and have watched his career and I KNOW he woulda helped us. Rashard has been a disappointment to me, he runs kinda soft like Hershel Walker late in his career or Shaun Alexander.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Willie is hurt and if anyone cant see that he is hurt then they are just blind. Willie hasnt hurt us as much as the qb but I expect ben to get a pass. How many times has Willie fumbled to lose a game? NEVER. I dont blame the system, the playcalling, I blame the misfortune of injury. How is LT playing this season for the Chargers? Is obvious he is not healthy and his stats attest to that. Never been a Willie guy (hes limited and raw and vision is garbage) but he has helped us you cant deny that. The player who has hurt the steelers the most this season is Ben. Sure he has helped ALOT too (Jags,Ravens, Cowboys,Texans etc) but if you say "hurt" nothing hurts like turnovers and in 4 losses Ben has 16. Does willie even have one turnover? Again, not a Willie fan, I wanted us to draft Jonathan Stewart. I'm from Idaho and I am in oregon all the time and have watched his career and I KNOW he woulda helped us. Rashard has been a disappointment to me, he runs kinda soft like Hershel Walker late in his career or Shaun Alexander.

This post is all I need to see that your opinion isn't worth ****......Rashard Mendenhall a disappointment?......He had one career start which he was injured and placed on IR......So you're willing to cut Willie some slack since he has been injured but won't with Mendenhall who was injured and a rookie....That doesn't make any sense to me and proves what a asshat you really are.....

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 01:58 PM
This post is all I need to see that your opinion isn't worth ****......Rashard Mendenhall a disappointment?......He had one career start which he was injured and placed on IR......So you're willing to cut Willie some slack since he has been injured but won't with Mendenhall who was injured and a rookie....That doesn't make any sense to me and proves what a asshat you really are.....

WOW is somebody mad?? Whats your problem dude? Mendenhall is hurt I know but has he played since being hurt? NO! I am judging what he did BEFORE he was hurt and that is run soft. Remember he got kicked of the goaline team in preseason? Why? For running soft. Try to follow the Steelers more closely sir. Do you remember the fumbles? Please explain to me just what Mendenhall has done that says he wasnt a disappointment ESPECIALLY for 1st rounder. I'll be waiting for you post sir. In regards to the names you called me? Sticks and Stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me. :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 05:34 PM
WOW is somebody mad?? Whats your problem dude? Mendenhall is hurt I know but has he played since being hurt? NO! I am judging what he did BEFORE he was hurt and that is run soft. Remember he got kicked of the goaline team in preseason? Why? For running soft. Try to follow the Steelers more closely sir. Do you remember the fumbles? Please explain to me just what Mendenhall has done that says he wasnt a disappointment ESPECIALLY for 1st rounder. I'll be waiting for you post sir. In regards to the names you called me? Sticks and Stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me. :lol:

You're calling Mendenhall a disappointment for being kicked off the goal line team in training camp and pre-season......lol As for his fumbling issues....You know Walter Payton had some fumbling issues his rookie year....I think he turned out ok as a player.....I'm not caling Mendenhall the next Sweetness......But you calling Mendenhall a disappointment in his limited playing time in his rookie year due to injury is rather stupid......Sorry but it is.....

I agree Rashard Mendenhall has some work to do as an NFL player and has to prove himself on the field.....But I'm far from calling Mendenhall a bust or disappointment....I hate knee jerk reactions when it comes to young players.....Now next year if Mendenhall stays healthy and doesn't produce then knock him all you want.....My point is we havn't seen Mendenahll enought to make any kind of judgment good or bad on him yet.....

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Well if you think that Rashard hasnt been a disappointment thats your opinion. Wont change mine. He contributed little to the team. In fact Mewelde Moore contributed MORE to the team and he was a 3rd down free agent. Yes he got hurt but I'm basing my opinion on what he did PRIOR to getting hurt and you have YET to post ANYTHING that he did that wouldnt warrant calling him a disappointment. We drafted him in the 1st round and I would call the productivity we got from him a disappointment. To compare him to sweetness ( a guy from a small school who was relatively unknown) is absurd. Mendenhall played in the Big 10 at Illinois he was supposed to produce. Sweetness was a kin to willie parker- A BONUS.

PsychoWard
12-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Well if you think that Rashard hasnt been a disappointment thats your opinion. Wont change mine. He contributed little to the team. In fact Mewelde Moore contributed MORE to the team and he was a 3rd down free agent. Yes he got hurt but I'm basing my opinion on what he did PRIOR to getting hurt and you have YET to post ANYTHING that he did that wouldnt warrant calling him a disappointment. We drafted him in the 1st round and I would call the productivity we got from him a disappointment. To compare him to sweetness ( a guy from a small school who was relatively unknown) is absurd. Mendenhall played in the Big 10 at Illinois he was supposed to produce. Sweetness was a kin to willie parker- A BONUS.

I defiantly wouldn't call mendenhall a disappointment!!! You are comparing a rookie that got hurt and hasn't had time to prove himself in the NFL to a veteran (Moore) who came from a very good team and has been in the NFL for some time isn't a fair comparison!!! It is not fair to judge someone who hasn't had tine to prove himself!!!:2cents:

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Ok thats fair but how come you guys cant post ANYTHING that Mendenhall did this season that would warrant not calling him a disappointment? Coming into the season who did we expect more from Rashard or Mewelde? Moore is a vet, sure but hes a vet BACKUP and was 3rd team on the vikes as well. I'm not down on Rashard all I'm saying is he was a disappointment. Our coach says "We will never use injuries as an excuse" I agree its part of the game. So aside his injury what did Rashard do to make his rookie season not a disappointment. You can disagree and thats fine but until you can bring something meritous to the table you have no ground to stand on. Mere assertions is not proof.

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Ok thats fair but how come you guys cant post ANYTHING that Mendenhall did this season that would warrant not calling him a disappointment? Coming into the season who did we expect more from Rashard or Mewelde? Moore is a vet, sure but hes a vet BACKUP and was 3rd team on the vikes as well. I'm not down on Rashard all I'm saying is he was a disappointment. Our coach says "We will never use injuries as an excuse" I agree its part of the game. So aside his injury what did Rashard do to make his rookie season not a disappointment. You can disagree and thats fine but until you can bring something meritous to the table you have no ground to stand on. Mere assertions is not proof.

So Tom Brady was a disappointment this year?

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 09:13 PM
I am not talking about mendenhalls injury. I am talking about his fumbles and soft running, it was a disappointment. Mere attempts at playing devils advocate are rendering ZERO proof that he wasnt. If he wasnt a disappointment then how come not one person can cite anything meritous that would describe his season as a success?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
I am not talking about mendenhalls injury. I am talking about his fumbles and soft running, it was a disappointment. Mere attempts at playing devils advocate are rendering ZERO proof that he wasnt. If he wasnt a disappointment then how come not one person can cite anything meritous that would describe his season as a success?

Dude you're making yourself look like a fool......Rashard Mendenhall had 19 carries this year in the regular season.....I really don't care about his pre-season fumble problems....lol

19 carries doesn't make a career........I'm so glad you're not Keven Colbert....You would be looking to replace Mendenhall after 19 carries...lol

Now in 2009 if Rashard Mendenhall plays the majority of the season and he sucks then feel the need to knock him all you want.....But calling him a disappointment or a bust on just 19 career carries is a bit premature.....It was disappointing to see Mendenhall injured for the season but I'm not calling him a disappointment as a player yet....Give the kid some damn time......

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Dude you're making yourself look like a fool......Rashard Mendenhall had 19 carries this year in the regular season.....I really don't care about his pre-season fumble problems....lol

19 carries doesn't make a career........I'm so glad you're not Keven Colbert....You would be looking to replace Mendenhall after 19 carries...lol

Now in 2009 if Rashard Mendenhall plays the majority of the season and he sucks then feel the need to knock him all you want.....But calling him a disappointment or a bust on just 19 career carries is a bit premature.....It was disappointing to see Mendenhall injured for the season but I'm not calling him a disappointment as a player yet....Give the kid some damn time......

SHOW ME where I said we should Replace him. Show me where I said we should cut him. Let me help you out sir. What I did say is that we spent a 1st round draft pick on Mendenhall and he was a disappointment THIS YEAR. Now if you equate 19 carries for 58 yards and 2 receptions for 17 yards in 4 games not DISAPPOINTING then thats your opinion. Compare Meweldes stats after Rashard got hurt. In the same EXACT role Mewelde had 3 games with 56 attempts for 303 yards and 3 tds. 10 receptions for 41 yards and 1 td IN ONE GAME LESS. So again, I say Rashards time with us has been disappointing so far. Now if you can show me something other that "Your an idiot" "your post shows you are **** for brains" "you dont know ****" etc then maybe you might convince me. Thx

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 09:44 PM

I don't think anyone would describe his season as being anything, he had 19 carries. You think Leftwich is better than Roethlisberger after watching Leftwich make 36 pass attempts and you have said that Mendenhall is a disappointment after watching 19 carries.

Why hasn't a single NFL organization picked up your superhuman scouting ability yet?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 09:46 PM
SHOW ME where I said we should Replace him. Show me where I said we should cut him. Let me help you out sir. What I did say is that we spent a 1st round draft pick on Mendenhall and he was a disappointment THIS YEAR. Now if you equate 19 carries for 58 yards and 2 receptions for 17 yards in 4 games not DISAPPOINTING then thats your opinion. Compare Meweldes stats after Rashard got hurt. In the same EXACT role Mewelde had 3 games with 56 attempts for 303 yards and 3 tds. 10 receptions for 41 yards and 1 td IN ONE GAME LESS. So again, I say Rashards time with us has been disappointing so far. Now if you can show me something other that "Your an idiot" "your post shows you are **** for brains" "you dont know ****" etc then maybe you might convince me. Thx

I don't know **** since I won't judge a player on 19 career carries so far....lol Dude you're ****ing douche bag that brings nothing to this site.....Just a bunch of pointless rambling about nothing.....Mention all the ****ing pointless stats you want.....The fact remains Rashard Mendenhall has 19 career carries...lol You can't judge a player with 19 career carries.......

I vote for this douche bag as the worst poster of the year.....Do us a favor and go kill yourself since the world would be better off with one less idiot in the world....

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 09:47 PM
What I did say is that we spent a 1st round draft pick on Mendenhall and he was a disappointment THIS YEAR. Now if you equate 19 carries for 58 yards and 2 receptions for 17 yards in 4 games not DISAPPOINTING then thats your opinion.

Tom Brady had 11 pass attempts with 7 completions for 76 yards. Would you equate Brady's season as not DISAPPOINTING?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Tom Brady had 11 pass attempts with 7 completions for 76 yards. Would you equate Brady's season as not DISAPPOINTING?

Dude don't even bother with that douche anymore.....All he does is post novel size posts that is nothing but pointless rambling which just shows how big of an idiot he really is.....

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Dude don't even bother with that douche anymore.....All he does is post novel size posts that is nothing but pointless rambling which just shows how big of an idiot he really is.....

Excellent description.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Excellent description.

Hey I call it like I see it.........

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Again, nothing meritous except #@$%@!! I proved my point you cant bring anything to the table except #@@$$%!@ As I said "his season is disappointing" you cant explain how it wasnt so you must agree too.

Yes, I think Tom Bradys season was a disappointment. Your kidding right? You dont think that Pats had a disappointing season? Why was that season disappointing sir? Perhaps because they had to play that seson w/o the best playeer in the league??

--- Added 12/28/2008 at 08:04 PM ---

My posts are pointless? Then why are you cursing like a sailor? Why do "pointless" posts upset you so? I see why "NYC" is mad because what happened today was predicted by me yesterday and he feels silly. Dont hate sir.

Steelersfan
12-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Again, nothing meritous except #@$%@!! I proved my point you cant bring anything to the table except #@@$$%!@ As I said "his season is disappointing" you cant explain how it wasnt so you must agree too.

Yes, I think Tom Bradys season was a disappointment. Your kidding right? You dont think that Pats had a disappointing season? Why was that season disappointing sir? Perhaps because they had to play that seson w/o the best playeer in the league??

I'll agree that Mendy's season was "disappointing" but that's about it.

And if you want to talk about fumbles and soft carries, look at Parker over this year and last. He runs soft this year and fumbled too many times last year.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Willie has never ran soft. He has poor vision and terrible balance but I cant say that he runs soft for a little guy. He needs a hole, he cant make something out of nothing and thats what I dont like about him. Willie looked ok today but hes still about 85%. I prefer Mewelde

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 10:10 PM

My posts are pointless? Then why are you cursing like a sailor? Why do "pointless" posts upset you so? I see why "NYC" is mad because what happened today was predicted by me yesterday and he feels silly. Dont hate sir.

I'm not mad.....But reading your novel size posts that are nothing but pointless rambling is a bit annoying....I said in a few posts earlier it was disappointing to see Rashard Mendenhall go down with a season ending injury but I'm far from calling him a disappointment as a player......I willing to cut him some slack since he was a rookie and has 19 career carries....You say I didn't bring anything to the table but I do since I'm still behind Rashard Mendenhall and think he is going to be badass RB in the NFL.....Plus I just think judging a player with 19 career carries is a bit premature.....

For the record your points about him fumbling in the pre-season doesn't mean ****....I could careless about what he did in the pre-season.....All I'm saying is give the kid some time to show if he can be a player or not.....But it seems you already convinced that he is going to suck....lol

Steelersfan
12-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Willie has never ran soft. He has poor vision and terrible balance but I cant say that he runs soft for a little guy. He needs a hole, he cant make something out of nothing and thats what I dont like about him. Willie looked ok today but hes still about 85%. I prefer Mewelde

Are you serious? Parker gets knocked down way to easy and that is running soft. That is why I have never wanted him to be the main back. Maybe it is because of his size, but that just adds to what I have always said, Parker is too easy to tackle (soft). All he had was speed.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Parkers size has nothing to do with him being brough down easily, there's plenty of backs in the NFL that are around his size that are tough runners, hard to bring down, can break tackles, see the field, etc. Willie's problem is that he is generally an all or nothing type of back. He's going to break some 20 yd runs but in between those he's going to get dropped for a loss, no gain, 2 yd run, etc 10 times before he breaks another one.

Im not ready to label him as a bust or say his best days are behind him but clearly he has had a bad year to say the least. The injuries, offensive line troubles, and just general lack of production on his part have all contributed.

Nobody can judge Mendenhall yet, he wasn't a first round pick for nothing. He'll come back healthy next year and challenge for that starting job and frankly I hope he gets it.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:27 PM
If you think Willie runs soft then thats on you but I attribute his falling to bad balance. To do what Willie has done in the NFL at his size is proof he does not run soft but I have learned that you guys will oppose anything I say just because "I" say it.

*edited for content by TG*

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm not mad.....But reading your novel size posts that are nothing but pointless rambling is a bit annoying....I said in a few posts earlier it was disappointing to see Rashard Mendenhall go down with a season ending injury but I'm far from calling him a disappointment as a player......I willing to cut him some slack since he was a rookie and has 19 career carries....You say I didn't bring anything to the table but I do since I'm still behind Rashard Mendenhall and think he is going to be badass RB in the NFL.....Plus I just think judging a player with 19 career carries is a bit premature.....

For the record your points about him fumbling in the pre-season doesn't mean ****....I could careless about what he did in the pre-season.....All I'm saying is give the kid some time to show if he can be a player or not.....But it seems you already convinced that he is going to suck....lol

If they are pointless why cant you refute them? If your not mad then why are you cussing? Show me where I said Rashard is going to suck. I didnt, I said he had a disappointing season and he did. At the end of the season when the coaches evaluate every player they arent going to say we cant evauluate Rashard because he got hurt. They will evaluate him based on what he did while healthy. Again, he got hurt and prior to that he was disappointing and if he wasnt then how come you cant point to ONE play or moment that deemed his season as beneficial

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Now that's just ridiculous to even say it. Nobody here is discounting what you are saying just because it's you. They discount it or not because it's a topic of conversation. There are those on here that think Willie can still get it done and those that don't. He's been a controversial player with the fans ever since Bettis retired. He is what he is and we have to live with it and hope that he can contribute over the next month. We are going to need everybody including him to see this journey through, make no mistake about that.

Scalaid6
Parkers size has nothing to do with him being brough down easily, there's plenty of backs in the NFL that are around his size that are tough runners, hard to bring down, can break tackles, see the field, etc. Willie's problem is that he is generally an all or nothing type of back. He's going to break some 20 yd runs but in between those he's going to get dropped for a loss, no gain, 2 yd run, etc 10 times before he breaks another one.

Im not ready to label him as a bust or say his best days are behind him but clearly he has had a bad year to say the least. The injuries, offensive line troubles, and just general lack of production on his part have all contributed.

Nobody can judge Mendenhall yet, he wasn't a first round pick for nothing. He'll come back healthy next year and challenge for that starting job and frankly I hope he gets it.

Willie had a bad year due to injury. Whos had a worse year Willie or Ben? NO CONTEST

NYCsteelersfan

Yes, I'm quite Annnnnngryyy rhahhhhh, sir.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 10:41 PM
If they are pointless why cant you refute them? If your not mad then why are you cussing? Show me where I said Rashard is going to suck. I didnt, I said he had a disappointing season and he did. At the end of the season when the coaches evaluate every player they arent going to say we cant evauluate Rashard because he got hurt. They will evaluate him based on what he did while healthy. Again, he got hurt and prior to that he was disappointing and if he wasnt then how come you cant point to ONE play or moment that deemed his season as beneficial

19 carries is disappointing? Ok keep thinking that......My point is Rashard really didn't give anybody anything to evaluate with just 19 carries this year.......Mendenhall will be almost like a rookie all over again next year.......That is my point......

I do think Rashard Mendenhall still has to prove himself as an NFL player.....It was disappointing to see him lost for the season with a shoulder injury....But he is far from a disappointment as a player at this point with just 19 career carries.....Now Tim Worley was a disappointment...lol

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Yes, I'm quite Annnnnngryyy rhahhhhh, sir.

I hope you get over it. I know it stems from what I said about Byron yesterday and today that came into fruition but at the end of the day it benefits our team. Right?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Willie had a bad year due to injury. Whos had a worse year Willie or Ben? NO CONTEST

I never said Willie's bad year was because of his injuries; it's more than that obviously but his injuries have certainly contributed to his lack of production there's no denying that.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:43 PM
19 carries is disappointing? Ok keep thinking that......My point is Rashard really didn't give anybody anything to evaluate with just 19 carries this year.......Mendenhall will be almost like a rookie all over again next year.......That is my point......

I do think Rashard Mendenhall still has to prove himself as an NFL player.....It was disappointing to see him lost for the season with a shoulder injury....But he is far from a disappointment as a player at this point with just 19 career carries.....Now Tim Worley was a disappointment...lol

Ok point taken, so what did he do that would cause you to say his perfomance wasnt disappointing (pre injury)?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 10:43 PM

Yea Ben's shoulder is 100 percent healthy.....Ben has been injured to and Mendenhall was injured for the season....You're willing to cut Willie some slack due to injury but you won't with Ben or Mendenhall.......Right there proves you're a douche......Keep making yourself look like a jackass...I like it....

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:45 PM
I never said Willie's bad year was because of his injuries; it's more than that obviously but his injuries have certainly contributed to his lack of production there's no denying that.

Agreed

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok point taken, so what did he do that would cause you to say his perfomance wasnt disappointing (pre injury)?

Because he was a rookie and it's as simple as that. The learning curve for some is longer than others. So he had some fumbling problems in the preseason, that's over with. It was disappointing to see him go down with injury but in way can you say he was a disappoint as a player with only 19 carries to his credit and an OL that couldnt block for **** early one.

BTW all please keep this thread on track, i've already cleaned it up once.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 10:48 PM

I don't judge players on 19 career carries......What did you want him to do on 19 carries on the season...lol As for the pre-season it doesn't matter to me or not.....Ok he fumbled in the pre-season and ran to upright at times....So freaking what.....I still think this guy is going to be a player in this league and really he didn't show anything why or why not on just 19 career carries.....I thought he was a badass in college and is very talented with a bright future in the NFL......I still hold that opinion.............

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 10:50 PM

SS (super scout) has spoken!

I hope you get over it. I know it stems from what I said about Byron yesterday and today that came into fruition but at the end of the day it benefits our team. Right?

I have no idea what you said yesterday or the day before. I wasn't on the site and the thread has disapeared for whatever reason.

Everyone agrees his season was disappointing because he got injured and couldn't even play, thus HE was disappointing. Just like Tom Brady. But the only reason he was disappointing was because he got injured and couldn't play. That's all you have to say. No one will argue that. Mentioning preseason fumbles or his ability to play is moot.

You argue just to argue.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Yea Ben's shoulder is 100 percent healthy.....Ben has been injured to and Mendenhall was injured for the season....You're willing to cut Willie some slack due to injury but you won't with Ben or Mendenhall.......Right there proves you're a douche......Keep making yourself look like a jackass...I like it....

According to Ben his shoulder is fine. Is he lying? When is the last time that Ben had TREATMENT On his shoulder? Willie is scheduled to have SURGERY at the end of the season. When Willie runs he seems hampered still (see Td run today). Ben still throws the ball hard and strong (see pass over the middle to Heath today and nice touch pass to Hines in 1st qtr; not to mention tha BULLET To the one yard line vs Ravens and that strike to Santonio to win it) Thats my proof Ben is not hurt. Feel free to present your proof that he is.

--- Added 12/28/2008 at 08:53 PM ---

SS (super scout) has spoken!

I have no idea what you said yesterday or the day before. I wasn't on the site and the thread has disapeared for whatever reason.

Everyone agrees his season was disappointing because he got injured and couldn't even play, thus HE was disappointing. Just like Tom Brady. But the only reason he was disappointing was because he got injured and couldn't play. That's all you have to say. No one will argue that. Mentioning preseason fumbles or his ability to play is moot.

You argue just to argue.

That would be you sir. If you dont know what I said yesterday then how would you KNOW what thread to look for? I was on several. So how would you know which thread "disappeared"? Mouth in overdrive/brain in neutral

--- Added 12/28/2008 at 08:58 PM ---

Mendenhall was a 1st round draft pick and you guys cant pick ONE play that supports the fact that what he did in limited time was not disappointing. 58 yards in FOUR games by a 1st round SECOND team rb is not disappointing? Jonathan Stewart is a 3rd round SECOND team back and he almost made the pro bowl (exaggeration). Willie Parker was a undrafted rb so everything we got from him was a bonus (who expected this out of willie? NOBODY)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Ben said on the pregame show, or was quoted as saying I should clarify, that he's taken numerous hits on that shoulder even as late as last weekend but it heals up quicker now and he can deal with it better. He's going to need a lot of rest after the season is over and then he'll be fine. It's the same with Ryan Clark, he just needs time to heal but right now that's a luxury we don't have.

Willie will need surgery to get that knee fixed and he does run tentatively which is another reason why his production is down. He can't cut and juke like he normally does and that's a big part of his game.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
According to Ben his shoulder is fine. Is he lying? When is the last time that Ben had TREATMENT On his shoulder? Willie is scheduled to have SURGERY at the end of the season. When Willie runs he seems hampered still (see Td run today). Ben still throws the ball hard and strong (see pass over the middle to Heath today and nice touch pass to Hines in 1st qtr; not to mention tha BULLET To the one yard line vs Ravens and that strike to Santonio to win it) Thats my proof Ben is not hurt. Feel free to present your proof that he is.

Maybe the fact that the type of shoulder injury that Ben suffered against the Texans back in week 1 doesn't heal 100 percent unless with complete rest and I don't think during the week in and week out grind of the NFL season Ben had that complete rest for his shoulder to heal 100 percent....I think even in the Titans game the announcers even said that Ben said even stated that is was only until recently that he started to get any kind of zip back on his throws.....Sorry but after seeing Ben his first four seasons and this year to me his shoulder isn't 100 percent....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Anybody who can sit here and judge Mendenhall off of 19 carries is really just not seeing the total picture. Look dude, nobody is guaranteeing him of any success in the league but we all feel that with more game time and experience he's only going to get better. let's not fool ourselves into looking any further than that. Besides if you're going to make that statement about Rashard then you better make it about Hines Ward too, he was a 3rd round pick and didn't make the starting squad till his 3rd year I think it was. I don't care if he was behind other players but if you're going to call out one than you have to call out the other. Frankly anybody that would ever call out Hines Ward would need their head examined and that's my point. You can't judge a players career after 19 carries and say he's a bust, that's just not right.

BlackGold4vr
12-28-2008, 11:01 PM
:yesno:

:threadjack:

The answer is yes! Willie is hurting this team. He is consistently causing our offense to be in a third and long. Yes, he can still break a long one now and then but don't forget we were playing the Browns. Against the better teams he struggles to maintain a 2 yard average and that just aint gonna cut it. We would be much better off with Moore and Russell carrying the rock. That might hurt Willie's feelings but this game aint played to make people feel good about themselves. Get the bum off the field! :2cents:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 11:05 PM

--- Added 12/28/2008 at 08:53 PM ---

That would be you sir. If you dont know what I said yesterday then how would you KNOW what thread to look for? I was on several. So how would you know which thread "disappeared"? Mouth in overdrive/brain in neutral

--- Added 12/28/2008 at 08:58 PM ---

Mendenhall was a 1st round draft pick and you guys cant pick ONE play that supports the fact that what he did in limited time was not disappointing. 58 yards in FOUR games by a 1st round SECOND team rb is not disappointing? Jonathan Stewart is a 3rd round SECOND team back and he almost made the pro bowl (exaggeration). Willie Parker was a undrafted rb so everything we got from him was a bonus (who expected this out of willie? NOBODY)

Jonathan Stewart was drafted in the first round and ahead of Rashard Mendenhall.....Stewart was the 14th pick overall pick in the draft.......He also had more then 19 carries to showcase what he can do....That is the point you seem to miss...........Rashard Mendenhall didn't have enough carries this year due to injury to give us any kind of indication good or bad of what kind of RB he will be in the NFL....If you can tell after 19 carries then ok then tell who is going to win the next 10 Super Bowls and I want the lotto numbers.....lol

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Anybody who can sit here and judge Mendenhall off of 19 carries is really just not seeing the total picture. Look dude, nobody is guaranteeing him of any success in the league but we all feel that with more game time and experience he's only going to get better. let's not fool ourselves into looking any further than that. Besides if you're going to make that statement about Rashard then you better make it about Hines Ward too, he was a 3rd round pick and didn't make the starting squad till his 3rd year I think it was. I don't care if he was behind other players but if you're going to call out one than you have to call out the other. Frankly anybody that would ever call out Hines Ward would need their head examined and that's my point. You can't judge a players career after 19 carries and say he's a bust, that's just not right.

When did I judge Rashards career? I merely said THIS SEASON was a disappointment. and it was. If you asked Rashard to assess his season I GUARANTEE the word "disappointing would be in his assessment". Why do you guys put words in my mouth that I never typed? WOW

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 11:07 PM

The thread that me and you were the only ones arguing in, the "it's not all Ben's fault" thread. It has been erased.

Mouth in overdrive/brain in neutral, now that is an excellent description of your posts.

Mendenhall was a 1st round draft pick and you guys cant pick ONE play that supports the fact that what he did in limited time was not disappointing. 58 yards in FOUR games by a 1st round SECOND team rb is not disappointing? Jonathan Stewart is a 3rd round SECOND team back and he almost made the pro bowl (exaggeration). Willie Parker was a undrafted rb so everything we got from him was a bonus (who expected this out of willie? NOBODY)[/QUOTE]

19 CARRIES in FOUR games for 58 yards. He was disappointing because he got injured and was unable to play.

Stop arguing just to argue.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Jonathan Stewart was drafted in the first round and ahead of Rashard Mendenhall.....Stewart was the 14th pick overall pick in the draft.......He also had more then 19 carries to showcase what he can do....That is the point you seem to miss...........Rashard Mendenhall didn't have enough carries this year due to injury to give us any kind of indication good or bad of what kind of RB he will be in the NFL....If you can tell after 19 carries then ok then tell who is going to win the next 10 Super Bowls and I want the lotto numbers.....lol

Actually he was the 13th pick. What I seen out of Mendenhall was disappointing and I think he would agree.

Black@Gold Forever32
When did I judge Rashards career? I merely said THIS SEASON was a disappointment. and it was. If you asked Rashard to assess his season I GUARANTEE the word "disappointing would be in his assessment". Why do you guys put words in my mouth that I never typed? WOW

Yes it was disappointing he was lost for the season but he isn't a disappointment as a player.....It seems you come across as calling him as a disappointment so far in your posts and that is why people seem to be putting your words in your mouth.....

BlitzburghRockCity

Because you said this and other posts like it in this thread...
Mendenhall was a 1st round draft pick and you guys cant pick ONE play that supports the fact that what he did in limited time was not disappointing. You just need to clarify better what you're saying so people don't get the wrong idea. Either way though his season was a disappointment only from the fact that he didn't get to play the whole year. 19 carries doesn't make or break a season regardless of your stats. Our entire running game this season was a disappointment, period.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:10 PM
The thread that me and you were the only ones arguing in, the "it's not all Ben's fault" thread. It has been erased.

Mouth in overdrive/brain in neutral, now that is an excellent description of your posts.

19 CARRIES in FOUR games for 58 yards. He was disappointing because he got injured and was unable to play.

Stop arguing just to argue.[/QUOTE]
Then what did you see in one of those 19 carries that rendered the season not disappointing?
I KNOW you rememeber the thread because you were in it and for you to previously post that you "dont rememeber what i said" is a statement to your character. But I understand

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Actually he was the 13th pick. What I seen out of Mendenhall was disappointing and I think he would agree.

Excuse the **** out of me....1 pick off...lol How can you think on what you seen out of Mendenhall was disappointing....With posts like that is why people are confused with your posts....19 carries and you can tell what kind of player he is...lol Ok Vince Lombardi......

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 11:12 PM

Wow, is he just F#$%ing with all of us or can a person be this mentally challenged?

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Yes it was disappointing he was lost for the season but he isn't a disappointment as a player.....It seems you come across as calling him as a disappointment so far in your posts and that is why people seem to be putting your words in your mouth.....

I'm by no means saying hes a disappointment as a player. I said his season was. If I felt that he was a disappointment or a bust why wouldnt I say that? Come on dude

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm by no means saying hes a disappointment as a player. I said his season was. If I felt that he was a disappointment or a bust why wouldnt I say that? Come on dude

You should reread some of your posts.....Many times by the tones of your posts it seemed you were calling Rashard Mendenhall a disappointment or even a bust......You didn't say bust but your posts were leaning that way....Now it seems your back tracking....lol

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Excuse the **** out of me....1 pick off...lol How can you think on what you seen out of Mendenhall was disappointing....With posts like that is why people are confused with your posts....19 carries and you can tell what kind of player he is...lol Ok Vince Lombardi......

When we drafted Mendenhall I was like "ok he killed usc in the rose bowl he will be good for us. I'd rather have jonathan stewart but I'm on board". When I seen him in preseason he showed some promise but the fumbles were a big negative. Then in the regular season he showed little, then got hurt. In conclusion I was disappointed. Why is that so hard for you guys to accept? I said the SAME thing about Timmons his rookie season. It was disappointing. Same with Sweed. Doesnt mean they wont materialize. Geeeeeez

--- Added 12/28/2008 at 09:17 PM ---

You should reread some of your posts.....Many times by the tones of your posts it seemed you were calling Rashard Mendenhall a disappointment or even a bust......You didn't say bust but your posts were leaning that way....Now it seems your back tracking....lol

quote me then. Show me. Present your proof if your truthful

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 11:18 PM
btw, that "wasn't all ben's fault thread" has been cleaned up and restored to the active forums. if you want to continue talking about him in there that's fine just keep it clean.

As far as Willie goes, what it all comes down to is the dude has had a disappointing year to say the least. At this point I'd be willing to bet there will be an open competition next year between him and Mendenhall for the starting job. Parkers job, IMO, is not a lock in 2009 if Mendenhall shows any type of flash and promise in the offseason and in camp, etc. having said that though and opening up a whole new can of worms :lol:

Tomlin really cannot afford to just run Parker all day like he did today and expect us to win, Moore better be involved or our chances of winning will be hampered.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow, is he just F#$%ing with all of us or can a person be this mentally challenged?

I'm mentally challenged but you all have to MAKE up stuff to refute what I say. You are relugated to changing posts to make my posts different etc. Seems that the desperation level is high. When one is relugated to calling names like little brats you are truly defeated or frustrated or both.

BlackGold4vr
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I am excited to see what Rashard can do next year behind our revamped O-line! Mendenhall is a power runner and his career at Illinois is testimony to that. Had he stayed healthy a little longer and played more when Willie went down I think we would have seen some great things from him. People also said Timmons was a bust last year and look at him now. Woodley also started slowly and is just now coming into his own. Patience.

What I don't have anymore patience for is "Willie for a yard", "Willie loses 2 yards", "Willie for no gain". You cannot make a living converting 3rd and longs all day! :yesnod:

NYCsteelersfan
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM

I KNOW you rememeber the thread because you were in it and for you to previously post that you "dont rememeber what i said" is a statement to your character. But I understand

You really are a sick person huh

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
btw, that "wasn't all ben's fault thread" has been cleaned up and restored to the active forums. if you want to continue talking about him in there that's fine just keep it clean.

As far as Willie goes, what it all comes down to is the dude has had a disappointing year to say the least. At this point I'd be willing to bet there will be an open competition next year between him and Mendenhall for the starting job. Parkers job, IMO, is not a lock in 2009 if Mendenhall shows any type of flash and promise in the offseason and in camp, etc. having said that though and opening up a whole new can of worms :lol:

Tomlin really cannot afford to just run Parker all day like he did today and expect us to win, Moore better be involved or our chances of winning will be hampered.

I agree Willies season was a disappointment. No arguement from me

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 11:24 PM
When we drafted Mendenhall I was like "ok he killed usc in the rose bowl he will be good for us. I'd rather have jonathan stewart but I'm on board". When I seen him in preseason he showed some promise but the fumbles were a big negative. Then in the regular season he showed little, then got hurt. In conclusion I was disappointed. Why is that so hard for you guys to accept? I said the SAME thing about Timmons his rookie season. It was disappointing. Same with Sweed. Doesnt mean they wont materialize. Geeeeeez

--- Added 12/28/2008 at 09:17 PM ---

quote me then. Show me. Present your proof if your truthful

I wanted Jonathen Stewart also and think he is the type of RB we're accustomed to in Pittsburgh.....I also wanted Brandon Albert and wanted Ed Reed in 2002.........Ok what is your point there?

Reread your posts in this thread then you will see were I and others are coming from......I agree it was disappointing he was lost for the season due to injury but he hasn't been a disappointment as a player.....Again you're bringing up the pre-season fumble problems......lol Who cares what happened in the pre-season.....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 11:25 PM
I was really pulling for us to get Jonathan Stewart too, but when he went and Mendenhall fell into our laps it was a no brainer to take him. Those 2 along with Jones were the best RB's in the draft IMO.

I'll also go as far to say that Sweed's season was disappointing too, as if that's a shocker..LOL. He showed nothing in preseason and when he did get his chances at the mid way point he dropped everything. He's having a tough time and the learning curve for his is obviously a bit bigger than others. He like Mendenhall, has not had the rookie year any of us hoped but these guys are top not recuits so I expect big things from them both in 2009.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2008, 11:28 PM
I'll also go as far to say that Sweed's season was disappointing too, as if that's a shocker..LOL. He showed nothing in preseason and when he did get his chances at the mid way point he dropped everything. He's having a tough time and the learning curve for his is obviously a bit bigger than others. He like Mendenhall, has not had the rookie year any of us hoped but these guys are top not recuits so I expect big things from them both in 2009.

Rookie WR's usually struggle so I really didn't expect much out of Sweed this year really......Hopefully next year he is ready to contribute more.......As for Rashard if he would have stayed healthy then I'm sure he would have showed us all why he was a first round pick and we wouldn't even be having this debate right now....Next year these two better step up.....We're going to need them....

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:34 PM
I was really pulling for us to get Jonathan Stewart too, but when he went and Mendenhall fell into our laps it was a no brainer to take him. Those 2 along with Jones were the best RB's in the draft IMO.

Sorry TOP GUN you cant use the pre season as a gauge to measure talent as the poster before you claimed WOW

--- Added 12/28/2008 at 09:34 PM ---

Rookie WR's usually struggle so I really didn't expect much out of Sweed this year really......Hopefully next year he is ready to contribute more.......As for Rashard if he would have stayed healthy then I'm sure he would have showed us all why he was a first round pick and we wouldn't even be having this debate right now....Next year these two better step up.....We're going to need them....

So your point is you cant find ONE comment by me that was saying Rashard was a bust or a bum or a disppointment. Thx thought so

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2008, 11:38 PM
We're saying to go back and reread your last 20 posts or so and you can see where you comments could have easily been taken the way they did. That's why we kept harping on the point of saying that Mendenhall was not a bust but rather just didn't have enough chances to prove himself one way or the other. Regardless let's just move on and suffice it to say that none of our 2008 draft picks have done jack this year and we are really going to need them for next year.

As far as Parker goes though, I've long since jumped off his bandwagon for this year. Yeah he had a good game today but that's the first time since September he's been able to really be effective. Even in the Patriots game you could see him running gingerly and not being able to plant that knee.

Scalaid6
12-28-2008, 11:44 PM
None of my posts were ambiguous. I said what I meant and substantiated it with proof. What you wanted me to say or what you thought I was saying can be cleared up by reading my posts. Had I said anything in a bad light about Rashard Im sure everyone would have and could have quoted me, since nobody did it manifest proof that I said nothing inflammatory and I certainly did not as the lack of evidence attests

augustashark
12-29-2008, 06:15 AM
You really are a sick person huh

Ahhhh, you found a new place to spew your hatered for Willie. Find a new hobby myfriend because you seem to be losing your mind. Moore for MVP!:yellowthumb: LOL

NYCsteelersfan
12-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Ahhhh, you found a new place to spew your hatered for Willie. Find a new hobby myfriend because you seem to be losing your mind. Moore for MVP!:yellowthumb: LOL

Too bad all your cheerleading "cool" friends from feverforum aren't here to back you up huh

Well Preacher is here, but only to make sure no one from here is talking about him.

--- Added 12/29/2008 at 10:02 AM ---

None of my posts were ambiguous. I said what I meant and substantiated it with proof. What you wanted me to say or what you thought I was saying can be cleared up by reading my posts. Had I said anything in a bad light about Rashard Im sure everyone would have and could have quoted me, since nobody did it manifest proof that I said nothing inflammatory and I certainly did not as the lack of evidence attests

Lets take a closer look at that shall we?

Sick, sick person.

Biggest Fan
12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
I had to join just because of this thread... Yes Moore saved us this year without a doubt but to say that FWP is hurting out team, to me, is a joke. Our OL in huring our team. Our lack of identity on offense aka our OC is hurting our team. FWP has been playing hurt all season. I'm not saying he is a great back but if we had some better play calling my guess is that he would not look as bad as he has this year.

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 07:15 PM

Things a little slow over at the other place?:yellowthumb: Moore has pretty much been the MVP of the offense this year when he has played.

I had to join just because of this thread... Yes Moore saved us this year without a doubt but to say that FWP is hurting out team, to me, is a joke. Our OL in huring our team. Our lack of identity on offense aka our OC is hurting our team. FWP has been playing hurt all season. I'm not saying he is a great back but if we had some better play calling my guess is that he would not look as bad as he has this year.

Parker was hurting the team and no that is not a joke. He didn't have the one thing he was good at with the knee injury, speed. When he loses that he is a below average RB. I don't really think the play calling would have helped Parker to be honest. That's just my opinion with the injury and type of back he is.

I do agree the play calling has hurt the offense a lot this year and that this team has no identity.

Dean Denton
12-29-2008, 07:29 PM
We dont have much identity on the Off side of the ball, other then lets watch Ben run for his life and make a play. But this year we are a Def power house that will lay waste to all bitches that come to get some. Plus, the season starts over, and maybe we explode out of the gate. There are some boys on that OL that would still like a job, and I think they will pull it together for the playoffs....Lets us pray brothers...lol

Biggest Fan
12-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm not saying that I know anything about anything but I think most of us would agree that we need more running plays with a FB as a lead. At this point what is the danger in running out an offense that goes back to 'the basics'. Its not like our productivity could get any worse.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Tell Bruce Arians that, he's not a FB guy and as long as Tomlin keeps him around we're not going to get back to what fans know as traditional Steeler football. It doesn't matter how much we underachieve or how bad we suck on offense he's not going to do it. It's a sad state when the Pittsburgh Steelers have problems running the ball :evilshake:

Steelersfan
12-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm not saying that I know anything about anything but I think most of us would agree that we need more running plays with a FB as a lead. At this point what is the danger in running out an offense that goes back to 'the basics'. Its not like our productivity could get any worse.

I agree with you on the FB. If this team wants to run the ball they need to use one.

Silverback
12-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I agree with you on the FB. If this team wants to run the ball they need to use one.
And the sad thing is I think they have a good blocking fullback, not with Davis, but McHugh. Hes thrown a couple great blocks this year in the very limited time I've seen him at fullback.

augustashark
12-30-2008, 03:15 AM
Too bad all your cheerleading "cool" friends from feverforum aren't here to back you up huh

I don't need anyone to "have my back" I just find it funny that you continue to fight this fight. I told you before and I'll tell you and steelerfan that no matter how you feel, it will not change a thing. Willie will be the starter and will get the bulk of the carries come div playoff time. Just accept it and move on.:grin1:

JensK
12-30-2008, 07:25 AM
A return to the running game gives Steelers reason to cheer
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Matt Freed/Post-Gazette Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich hands off to Willie Parker Sunday vs. the Browns.

A conversation between two Steelers tackles in the locker room Sunday on the topic of their sudden return to the I-formation, the ground game and the productivity that went with it:

Max Starks: "It felt good."

Willie Colon: "It felt darn good."

Even defensive linemen like Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel enjoyed it.

"It was great!" Keisel said. "I was telling Aaron and Hamp on the bench, 'It's wonderful to sit here with you guys, to laugh and joke and watch those guys run the ball.'

"It was great to see Willie going again. I knew when he came in, he was ready to rock and roll."

Willie Parker planted the seed on Dec. 10 when he publicly complained about a lack of commitment to both the ground game and the use of a fullback. Sunday, the Steelers used fullback Sean McHugh in the I formation like never before this season. It produced Parker's second-best output of the season at 116 yards, the team's second-most rushing yards at 176 and three rushing touchdowns.

Most important, Sunday's performance on the ground in a 31-0 whipping of the Cleveland Browns might have sown more seeds for their playoff strategy on offense.

"Oh, yeah, that's something we're definitely going to have to utilize in the playoffs," said linebacker James Farrior, the defensive captain. "Everybody knows that in this locker room."

The drop-off in the ground game left the Steelers ranked 23rd in the NFL, their second lowest since they joined the AFC as part of the NFL merger in 1970. Parker stewed much of the season about what he felt was a lack of commitment to the running game, and the two-time Pro Bowl halfback took a public rebuke from coach Mike Tomlin when he spoke up three weeks ago.

Tomlin, though, told his team last Monday that they would "pound the ball" against the Browns, to the delight of most everyone.

"I feel we were able to line up and run the football at them," center Justin Hartwig said of Sunday's game. "That's what we talked about doing. We have to be able to do that no matter who we play against. It's a big positive for us pushing into playoffs."

It was evident that Parker was a mere spokesman for others who felt the same way when he bemoaned the lack of what he termed "Steelers football" that day.

"Hopefully the coaches will keep that in mind for the playoffs," Starks said. "We can run out of the I. Sure, it makes it more one-dimensional in some aspects, but it's successful."

The defense loves it because when it works, as it has so often for the Steelers through the years, and the drives are long, it keeps them off the field.

The question now is, can they return to the type of offense that effectively runs behind the I formation in the playoffs against defenses that will pose more problems than Cleveland's, which finished 28th in the league against the run?

"I guess they felt that's something we have to do and something we're going to need in the future, so we might as well start practicing it now," Farrior said.

Parker was as delighted as anyone and showed it when he fired the ball deep into the stands after his 34-yard touchdown run against the Browns.

"I love the I formation, I love the plays that were called," Parker said. "I knew we were going to pound the ball so you know I definitely love that, being a running back.

"Coach Tomlin told us Monday we were going to pound the football, and that's what we've been practicing all week, running the football. Just keep running, keep running and that's what we did, we just kept running it down their throat."

Among the run defenses the Steelers could see if they want to reach the Super Bowl are the best in the AFC: No. 2 Baltimore (behind the No. 1 Steelers) No. 3 Tennessee, No. 5 Miami and No. 6 San Diego.

"Will we know if Willie's words paid off or not?" Starks asked. "We'll see in the playoffs because that's what's going to matter and that's crunch time. Hopefully after [Sunday], Coach will feel a lot more confident puling the trigger in there."

Said Parker: "No matter what we do we can run the football. It's just a matter of doing it."

One thing is to run alright against Browns. We'll see how it works out in the PO. I did like the way wa ran against Browns tho.. Ran Parker untill the defence was tired, and then used Moore, who had some long runs. Its devostating for a defence, and they'll get tired so fast with that kind of football. Also sets up the pass much better.

augustashark
12-30-2008, 08:06 AM
I tend to side with the players and what they are saying. The players know if something is working or if it is not. This article just points out that there are many players who feel that running out of the I is what is best for the team. You know that it has to be good when even D guys are speaking up and saying how great it is.

Iron City South
12-30-2008, 09:47 AM
If anything, this article screams out that the players knew Arians was making terrible game planning decisions and calling bullshit plays at the wrong times in weeks past.

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 10:07 AM
If anything, this article screams out that the players knew Arians was making terrible game planning decisions and calling bullshit plays at the wrong times in weeks past.

Preach it! I agree more than ever.

I think Willie did get some confidence back this week, the browns were just what he needed. He seems like he has been running soft. And it surprises me since Moore has been running well.

ejsteeler
12-30-2008, 11:05 AM

Absolutely. These last couple weeks of players talking like this will stick in Tomlin's mind I believe. I hope we see more I-formation in the playoffs and Arians a$$ getting smacked by the door on his way out next year.
:cope:

Steelersfan
12-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't need anyone to "have my back" I just find it funny that you continue to fight this fight. I told you before and I'll tell you and steelerfan that no matter how you feel, it will not change a thing. Willie will be the starter and will get the bulk of the carries come div playoff time. Just accept it and move on.:grin1:

Wow, another person telling me what I should think. The title of this thread is: 'Is Parker Hurting the Steelers?". If you think for one second he wasn't hurting them this year then you need to wake up. So why don't you accept it and go back to your cheerleader site.

BlackGold4vr
12-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow, another person telling me what I should think. The title of this thread is: 'Is Parker Hurting the Steelers?". If you think for one second he wasn't hurting them this year then you need to wake up. So why don't you accept it and go back to your cheerleader site.

:plus1:

Biggest Fan
12-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Unless your putting the ball on the ground you are not hurting the team. You might not be helping but to say he is 'hurting' the team is 'silly'.

ejsteeler
12-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Whats hurting the team is keeping him in there when they refuse to run the scheme that best fits him. That's what's hurting the team. The Coaching and play calling. I know it was only the clowns, but he does better from the I and always has. I've said it before, if we are going to continue to try and run the TE sets instead of the I, FWP needs to go. Personally, I would rather run with the I and keep him though. At least for another year until we can realistically build for the scheme Arians wants to run. :imho:

Steelersfan
12-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Unless your putting the ball on the ground you are not hurting the team. You might not be helping but to say he is 'hurting' the team is 'silly'.

So Parker having a bum knee doesn't hurt him and the team? Speed is what Parker is best at and he doesn't have it with that knee. Maybe he is getting better each week and
be somewhere near %100 come playoff time. I hope he is but to not see that he wasn't hurting the team is "silly".

Oh, if you want to talk about putting the ball on the ground I seem to recall a RB we had doing that a lot last year.

AZ_Steeler
12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I think we have been spoiled... we are use to a bruiser who earns his yards and doesn't give up on a play and keeps driving forward! That type of running back earns his paycheck... Then we look at Willie and he hits the line scrimmage and falls to the ground or he immediately tries to take the ball around the edge which ends up losing the team yardage... he does have glimpses of what things could be like but it's not something we see every down. To me that is someone who shows up, punches the clock and collects his check... he hasn't earned it! So maybe had we not had these great backs in the past we wouldn't be so concerned about how Willie performs and our expectations wouldn't be so high...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 02:00 PM
when you constantly get dropped for losses or no gains and you don't break tackles that's hurting the team too. we're supposed to rely on the ground game to move the chains and churn out yards as well keep the defense honest. when you're running game is ineffective for whatever reason that hurts the team in all sorts of ways.

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 02:23 PM
when you constantly get dropped for losses or no gains and you don't break tackles that's hurting the team too. we're supposed to rely on the ground game to move the chains and churn out yards as well keep the defense honest. when you're running game is ineffective for whatever reason that hurts the team in all sorts of ways.

Agreed! And when we are in 3rd and long situations, that benefits the defense, especially against a weak offensive line

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 03:57 PM
That's another thing, those 3rd and longs are just killer. With Parker we know he can't do that short yardage stuff and Moore is ok at but even he dances too much and half the time he drives to dive in and gets stuff. Atleast we have Russel who's a shortyardage beast right now but it would be nice to have more than 1 option down at the goal line. If Willie is in the game you know we're normally not going to run down there.

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 04:57 PM
That's another thing, those 3rd and longs are just killer. With Parker we know he can't do that short yardage stuff and Moore is ok at but even he dances too much and half the time he drives to dive in and gets stuff. Atleast we have Russel who's a shortyardage beast right now but it would be nice to have more than 1 option down at the goal line. If Willie is in the game you know we're normally not going to run down there.

One good thing about Moore is that you never know whats coming, run or pass. I cant` wait to see Mendenhall next season, I think all this talk will come to an end.

BlackGold4vr
12-30-2008, 05:15 PM
At least we have Russel who's a short yardage beast right now but it would be nice to have more than 1 option down at the goal line.

Russell could do a lot more if they would let him. I think they limit his touches because of salary reasons. I prefer to see him in the game over Willie Parker. He is a tough runner with a low center of gravity along the likes of Bam Morris. Also how hard is it to scout the Steelers and predict what we will do simply by our personel packages.

Short yardage - Russell
Third down back - Moore
1st & 2nd down futility back - Willie Parker

Way too predictable! If we can all see the trends as fans are we to believe defensive coordinators don't spot the same things? Why was the Patriots spygate a big deal? Because if you know what the opponent is going to do it allows you the luxury of gameplanning to stop those specific plays. What defensive coordinator wouldn't want to know what plays teams call in certain situations? Arians may as well put his plays on the jumbotron for all the surprise element they carry. :lol:

Silverback
12-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Russell's role as a sole third down back kills me. Heres a guy whose done everything they've asked him, including return kicks, and BA won't give him anything else. If nothing more at least try this guy out in some 1st and 2nd down situations.

augustashark
12-31-2008, 02:09 AM

You are kidding right? You can't be that blind. I understand what the title of the thread was, but this thread turned quickly into is willie still any good or moore is a better back. I don't tell you what you should think and I never have. Thanks for the advice though on going back to the "cheerleader site". I guess we will see what happens in the playoffs.

Btw, don't take everything so personal:yellowthumb:

--- Added 12/31/2008 at 12:09 AM ---

:plus1:

Post of the year! Well done maam.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Russell could do a lot more if they would let him. I think they limit his touches because of salary reasons. I prefer to see him in the game over Willie Parker. He is a tough runner with a low center of gravity along the likes of Bam Morris. Also how hard is it to scout the Steelers and predict what we will do simply by our personel packages.

Short yardage - Russell
Third down back - Moore
1st & 2nd down futility back - Willie Parker

Way too predictable! If we can all see the trends as fans are we to believe defensive coordinators don't spot the same things? Why was the Patriots spygate a big deal? Because if you know what the opponent is going to do it allows you the luxury of gameplanning to stop those specific plays. What defensive coordinator wouldn't want to know what plays teams call in certain situations? Arians may as well put his plays on the jumbotron for all the surprise element they carry. :lol:

If this team were truly trying to find a combination the works I don't know why they don't try using Russel as the feature back, spell him with Parker and have that Power/Speed combination we used to have. then use Moore in the 3rd down role and a mix things up type of back. Nothing else has worked consistently this year so why not?!

Now that Parker had a good game last week though my fear is that he'll stick with Parker come hell or high water and if he's not successful how long will it take to pull him and make a change?

BlackGold4vr
12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
You are kidding right? You can't be that blind. I understand what the title of the thread was, but this thread turned quickly into is willie still any good or moore is a better back. I don't tell you what you should think and I never have. Thanks for the advice though on going back to the "cheerleader site". I guess we will see what happens in the playoffs.

Post of the year! Well done maam.

Where are all these trolls coming from? :troll:

Iron City South
12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Everyone's opinion should be heard and respected ..... period.

The point of this thread when I created it was to pose the question "Is Willie Parker hurting this team?" ....

I raised the question on a number of fronts:

1) He's not been as productive as Moore

2) His vision and instinctiveness is not very good. You can clearly see he's not cut out for single back formations that Arians system calls for .... which is no knock on him, it's simply pointing out that he's more comfortable in a 2 back system where he has a FB leading the way and clearing people out for him. This is probably why he's been so vocal about getting a FB .....

3) Willie's bread and butter has been "speed" ...nothing more. With him being injured the past few years, one could .... and should .... question weather or not he'll be able to regain the same speed he once had. If the answer is "NO" ..... then there's really not much to debate. He should be considered trade bait ..... Right now we need experience O-lineman. Trading Parker would allow us to get a decent one and possibly a draft pick

BlackGold4vr
12-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Everyone's opinion should be heard and respected ..... period.

The point of this thread when I created it was to pose the question "Is Willie Parker hurting this team?" ....

I raised the question on a number of fronts:

1) He's not been as productive as Moore

2) His vision and instinctiveness is not very good. You can clearly see he's not cut out for single back formations that Arians system calls for .... which is no knock on him, it's simply pointing out that he's more comfortable in a 2 back system where he has a FB leading the way and clearing people out for him. This is probably why he's been so vocal about getting a FB .....

3) Willie's bread and butter has been "speed" ...nothing more. With him being injured the past few years, one could .... and should .... question weather or not he'll be able to regain the same speed he once had. If the answer is "NO" ..... then there's really not much to debate. He should be considered trade bait ..... Right now we need experience O-lineman. Trading Parker would allow us to get a decent one and possibly a draft pick

Once again ICS, when it comes to football I tend to agree with everything you say. Our most successful rushing games this year had Willie on the sidelines in street clothes watching the game. I wouldn't be opposed to trading him for some draft picks either. With Moore, Russell, and Mendenhall back next year we could be a better running team without Willie.

If you haven't noticed, we seem to have taken on some trolls on our site who DO NOT RESPECT other peoples opinions. A discussion of differing views is great and that is what these boards are all about, but when you have people who insult and belittle every other point of view unlike their own it gets to be an annoyance. Look around on every thread and Scab6 has ruined just about every one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if he is not even a Steeler fan because it seems his purpose is to disagree with everyone and cause trouble here. I have put a filter on his comments because I got tired of reading his nonsense, but it seems he is still getting reactions from a lot of people everywhere else. :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 11:37 AM
I was always one of the bigger Parker supporters on this board, I felt like with time he'd be able to learn the little things that make a good running back in this league but it just hasn't happened. He has flashes, yes, but there's just not consistency. How much longer do we have to suffer through 10 rushes for 10 yds followed by a 15-20 yd run? It's not good offense and puts us in holes all too often. Give me a back that gets 4-5 yds a pop anyday.

BlackGold4vr
12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
I was always one of the bigger Parker supporters on this board, I felt like with time he'd be able to learn the little things that make a good running back in this league but it just hasn't happened. He has flashes, yes, but there's just not consistency. How much longer do we have to suffer through 10 rushes for 10 yds followed by a 15-20 yd run? It's not good offense and puts us in holes all too often. Give me a back that gets 4-5 yds a pop anyday.

:yellowthumb:

Yeah, I miss the 2nd down and 3's or the 3rd down and 1's we had with the Bus in the backfield. Now it seems we are in a perpetual 3rd and long. Even bad defenses have increased success against the best offenses when they can force a 3rd and long. This is another reason that Ben takes so many hits. The lack of success on 1st and 2nd downs is why our offense has struggled. I don't put all the blame on Willie but he has to shoulder some of the blame.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 12:16 PM
I think it was AZ that mentioned in another thread how we've been spoiled for so long with the Bus getting us positive yards nearly every time he touched the ball. You could put him almost any down & distance situation where you'd normally run and he'd get you the sticks nearly every time. One wonders if Tomlin is ever going to try and get back to that type of offense, the way this team has been built in recent years it doesn't appear to be the case. You can have all the speed in the world, and we have that, but we have almost no power to impose our will on a defense in the running game.

Iron City South
12-31-2008, 12:43 PM
The "Power I" should be a staple of the Pittsburgh Steeler offense. The "Power I" may not disguise the play, but it's Pittsburgh football. It's telling the other team, "Yeah, we're about to run .... and I dare you .... I double dog dare you to get in my way and try to stop me".

You can see what kind of offense Arians turned us into ..... and it 'ain't good.

Steelersfan
12-31-2008, 02:07 PM

So this isn't telling me what I should do or think? I'll even bold the good part for you so you can be sure to read it.

And do you seriously think that a thread about Parker wouldn't include things like "is he still good? Or is Moore the better back right now?"

I'm sure we'll all see what happens in the playoffs and no matter who the RB is I will cheer them on so the team does well. That still doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about Parker and have discussions here.

augustashark
12-31-2008, 08:46 PM
So this isn't telling me what I should do or think? I'll even bold the good part for you so you can be sure to read it.

And do you seriously think that a thread about Parker wouldn't include things like "is he still good? Or is Moore the better back right now?"

I'm sure we'll all see what happens in the playoffs and no matter who the RB is I will cheer them on so the team does well. That still doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about Parker and have discussions here.

Never said you can not have an opinion. Just stated a fact. That fact was that no matter what you or I say will change the fact that Willie will be the starter in the playoffs. To me that is not telling you what to think. I was just having a long drawn out debate with NYC and I had to respond. Btw, is willie hurting the steelers? Sure he did, no question. When one of your O weapons gets hurt like he did it will surely hurt your team, but I have to put faith in Tomlin, if he thinks he is the best RB for the team then so do I.:tt02:

--- Added 12/31/2008 at 06:46 PM ---

Where are all these trolls coming from? :troll:

Another quality post.:clap:

I guess I'll troll a little longer if you don't mind.:lol:

Steelersfan
12-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Never said you can not have an opinion. Just stated a fact. That fact was that no matter what you or I say will change the fact that Willie will be the starter in the playoffs. To me that is not telling you what to think. I was just having a long drawn out debate with NYC and I had to respond. Btw, is willie hurting the steelers? Sure he did, no question. When one of your O weapons gets hurt like he did it will surely hurt your team, but I have to put faith in Tomlin, if he thinks he is the best RB for the team then so do I.:tt02:

I wasn't trying to be an ***. I just get sick of people saying crap like you are less of a fan, get over it, it doesn't matter what you think, I'll tell you, etc when someone posts something they don't agree with.

I don't think anyone actually expects the Steelers to do what they say or think and if they do they are dreaming. Bottom line is this is a forum to discuss, debate and what not these very type of subjects.

I've been saying from the start that I don't like Parker as the feature back. But that doesn't make me less of a fan or a Parker Hater or anything else. Just don't like that style RB being the main guy. Have always said I wanted him on the team though because he brings some speed.

Biggest Fan
12-31-2008, 09:37 PM
I can admit my 'homerisms' when it comes to our players including FWP. I'll give them more credit than maybe they deserve... What I cannot figure out is why Moore does not get the 'starts' and the other backs do not get more carries with the injuries to FWP. I do not think we will ever know to the degree of injuries he has been playing through.

BlackGold4vr
12-31-2008, 09:56 PM

Yes, I've noticed that there is little of value to be gleened from your posts too. :yellowthumb:

augustashark
12-31-2008, 10:10 PM
I wasn't trying to be an ***. I just get sick of people saying crap like you are less of a fan, get over it, it doesn't matter what you think, I'll tell you, etc when someone posts something they don't agree with.

I don't think anyone actually expects the Steelers to do what they say or think and if they do they are dreaming. Bottom line is this is a forum to discuss, debate and what not these very type of subjects.

I've been saying from the start that I don't like Parker as the feature back. But that doesn't make me less of a fan or a Parker Hater or anything else. Just don't like that style RB being the main guy. Have always said I wanted him on the team though because he brings some speed.

Nor was I sir (trying to be an ***). I would never say I'm more of a fan then you or anyone else on this board. All I can control is what kind of fan I am. Btw, I think Colon is one of the worst RT in the league, that does not make me anyless of a fan like you say. So in short, I agree with your post.

ejsteeler
12-31-2008, 10:27 PM
The "Power I" should be a staple of the Pittsburgh Steeler offense. The "Power I" may not disguise the play, but it's Pittsburgh football. It's telling the other team, "Yeah, we're about to run .... and I dare you .... I double dog dare you to get in my way and try to stop me".

You can see what kind of offense Arians turned us into ..... and it 'ain't good.

100% right on the money. :cope: :yellowthumb:

NYCsteelersfan
01-04-2009, 05:42 AM

--- Added 12/31/2008 at 06:46 PM ---

I told you from the start and I'll tell you again, 1,000 yard seasons are a horrible measurement of good and bad running backs. The Broncos could give Gary Coleman a 1,000 yard season, possibly twice. The Steelers rush offense WAS NEVER a product of Parker. Parker has ALWAYS BEEN a product of the Steelers rush offense. He broke his leg last year and it basically put him at the end of his rope, which he has been hanging off of for the entire season.

I use to always tell myself that we have the #2 rush scheme in football behind Denver and we could plug anyone into the system and remain successful. I hope Tomlin and Arian's have not caused irreversible damage to that system and that we can simply plug Mendenhall in for next season cause I know that Parker as the "feature" back is just not going to work.

augustashark
01-04-2009, 05:53 AM
Holy shmoly, Ok, I agree. All I was saying the entire time was that Tomlin has him as the starter and I will not argue with that. I agree that Mendy is the future and I hope that he works out. I still think that Willie is a good RB and hope he can help this team win games.

NYCsteelersfan
01-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Holy shmoly, Ok, I agree. All I was saying the entire time was that Tomlin has him as the starter and I will not argue with that. I agree that Mendy is the future and I hope that he works out. I still think that Willie is a good RB and hope he can help this team win games.

I was never arguing with Tomlin about Parker being the starter. I was arguing with you. Tomlin doesn't know or care who the hell I am. You on the other hand read my posts and chose to disagree with my opinion that Parker was hurting the team. I argued back, politely, constructively. That's the whole point of a forum I thought, bullshitting about the team. At Feversforum the only bullshitting that was "allowed" was bullshit that a specific group of members agreed with. Anything else was considered blasphemy and was treated as such. A thread titled,"Roethlisberger is the cutest QB in the NFL" was all fine and dandy. But a thread titled, "Roethlisberger F'ed up the game" was considered "negative garbage". That site had some of the most worthless and "gay" threads and posts I've ever seen. I'm a member of a few "geek" forums and not even on those sites have I ever witnessed such "gay" nonesense being posted. I can't believe some of the members of that site are actually football fans.

augustashark
01-04-2009, 06:24 AM
I was never arguing with Tomlin about Parker being the starter. I was arguing with you. Tomlin doesn't know or care who the hell I am. You on the other hand read my posts and chose to disagree with my opinion that Parker was hurting the team. I argued back, politely, constructively. That's the whole point of a forum I thought, bullshitting about the team. At Feversforum the only bullshitting that was "allowed" was bullshit that a specific group of members agreed with. Anything else was considered blasphemy and was treated as such. A thread titled,"Roethlisberger is the cutest QB in the NFL" was all fine and dandy. But a thread titled, "Roethlisberger F'ed up the game" was considered "negative garbage". That site had some of the most worthless and "gay" threads and posts I've ever seen. I'm a member of a few "geek" forums and not even on those sites have I ever witnessed such "gay" nonesense being posted. I can't believe some of the members of that site are actually football fans.

See, I don't really understand this post. I said that I agreed with your post, but you find that you need to respond. I have felt this whole year that Willie was not the biggest problem with this O. You pointed out how you came up with why Willie is not any good or hurting the team and I just pointed out that his stats were (I feel) better then what you think. Nothing more nothing less. Btw, I could careless why you were banned. I did'nt feel you should have been banned, but that is not my call. I think if we were able to talk about a different topic that we my find out that we have more incommon then we think.

NYCsteelersfan
01-04-2009, 06:41 AM
See, I don't really understand this post. I said that I agreed with your post, but you find that you need to respond. I have felt this whole year that Willie was not the biggest problem with this O. You pointed out how you came up with why Willie is not any good or hurting the team and I just pointed out that his stats were (I feel) better then what you think. Nothing more nothing less. Btw, I could careless why you were banned. I did'nt feel you should have been banned, but that is not my call. I think if we were able to talk about a different topic that we my find out that we have more incommon then we think.

The purpose of that last post was to point out to you that I was never arguing with you to be an a$$hole, and definitely not anything personal against you. I was arguing to just bullshit about my favorite team cause I can't argue/bullshit/discuss with my friends cause they're Giants fans. I think Parker was never "great" at any point. And I also felt that Parker just straight up sucked this year. I have no problem with you thinking otherwise. My arguements were never meant to put down your opinion, they were meant to try and make you better understand mine. I'm sure we do agree on a lot.