PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers don't have 'it'

kgreen
12-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Sorry but I stand by what I've said before. We are not a Super Bowl team this year. Yes, we have the defense to get it done. But, as we saw today, that can only take you so far. Eventually they will snap being put in these pressure situations time and time again. Yes, great teams have great defenses, but they also have an offense that is at least steady in one phase. We don't even have that.

No, what we have is an offense that is disfuctional and bad. I really don't know hwat it is this year. Is it the OC? Ben? The o-line? Lack of RBs? Lack-luster recievers? I really can't fugure it. Today the blame should go to Ben. He had 4 turnovers and got saved from more. 21 points came out of that. I just have lost all faith in this offense. With an offense this bad, there's no way we get to Tampa Bay. We have too many problems right now.

gbdsteelers
12-21-2008, 06:38 PM
oline stinks doesn't play mean and nasty in the trenches the way steelers ball should be played too passive!

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Sorry but I stand by what I've said before. We are not a Super Bowl team this year. Yes, we have the defense to get it done. But, as we saw today, that can only take you so far. Eventually they will snap being put in these pressure situations time and time again. Yes, great teams have great defenses, but they also have an offense that is at least steady in one phase. We don't even have that.

No, what we have is an offense that is disfuctional and bad. I really don't know hwat it is this year. Is it the OC? Ben? The o-line? Lack of RBs? Lack-luster recievers? I really can't fugure it. Today the blame should go to Ben. He had 4 turnovers and got saved from more. 21 points came out of that. I just have lost all faith in this offense. With an offense this bad, there's no way we get to Tampa Bay. We have too many problems right now.

I`m just as bummed as you are. But we will not turn the ball over six times a game every game. Without those turnovers, different game. A few keys today
1.) The most obvious to many turnovers. We should have had more points, especially down on the one yard line. We had atleast a 20 point swing due to turnovers.
2.) Missed field goal, not too often does that happen, but anothe -3 for us.
3.) The penalty on thier FG, that gave them a TD -4 There to.
4. And us not blitzing on third and twenty. Only bringing three. Why would we give thier wr enough time to go 20 yards?????

This game was within reach. But we played flat on both sides of the ball. Very unispired today

Stlrs4Life
12-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Exactly, this offense isn't carrying us nowhere. We can not run the bal, and without a FB it isn't going to happen.

kgreen
12-21-2008, 06:47 PM
I`m just as bummed as you are. But we will not turn the ball over six times a game every game. Without those turnovers, different game. A few keys today
1.) The most obvious to many turnovers. We should have had more points, especially down on the one yard line. We had atleast a 20 point swing due to turnovers.
2.) Missed field goal, not too often does that happen, but anothe -3 for us.
3.) The penalty on thier FG, that gave them a TD -4 There to.
4. And us not blitzing on third and twenty. Only bringing three. Why would we give thier wr enough time to go 20 yards?????

This game was within reach. But we played flat on both sides of the ball. Very unispired today

Not a good sign at all. When that is the last time those guys will see the field for 2+ weeks. I mean if we were flat today, how flat will we be in 3 weeks? And this offense can't afford to be flat. I just don't like our chances. I think LaBeau did have a very conservative game plan on defense. We didn't blitz that much. We made stupid mistakes and my point is we can't be doing that at this point in the year.

steelers4life66
12-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I really don't know what it is this year. Is it the OC? Ben? The o-line? Lack of RBs? Lack-luster receivers? I really can't figure it.
All of the above dude. I can't see us in the SB ether.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Not a good sign at all. When that is the last time those guys will see the field for 2+ weeks. I mean if we were flat today, how flat will we be in 3 weeks? And this offense can't afford to be flat. I just don't like our chances. I think LaBeau did have a very conservative game plan on defense. We didn't blitz that much. We made stupid mistakes and my point is we can't be doing that at this point in the year.

Not disageeing totally. but I think we have more!

kgreen
12-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Not disageeing totally. but I think we have more!

I hope you're right. If they do have more I don't what the hell they are waiting for!

Ambridge
12-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Today was a serious REALITY CHECK and quite frankly was the type of game that I thought the Steelers would vomit out several games ago starting back against the Patriots.

I have to admit that I was drinking the Kool-Aide but this is a 1 and Done playoff team.

The Steelers got some breaks along the way the past few weeks but they wont get those in the playoffs and I think they also got hot a couple of games too early as well.

A very good and exciting season but I believe they're the Offensive Frauds we know they are.

yinzer
12-21-2008, 07:32 PM
let's be realistic as we can. the O is horrendous and the D is overrated. i know, i know, nobody likes to hear that but it's true. we've been blanketed with EASY *** teams all season.

CHEATRIOTS-- easy *** win. those guys don't know whether they're coming or going.
DALLASS----- another easy *** win. tony homo forgets what gender he is under pressure.
BALTIMORONS--- running game is sub par. passing game is the worst in the NFL.

TITANS---- easily handled by richard lebeau's zone blitz defense. take a note, stiller fans... it ain't gonna get any better until ARIASS actually loses his job...

TampaSteelGirl
12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Defensively we are a super bowl team...offensively we are not. Even the special teams has made such a big improvement. I"m no longer nervous when they are out there. I'm so nervous when our offense plays. I know we can do it, we have immense talent on our offense, that's whats so frustrating. We have an awesome offense however our offensive coordinator bites!!! We are so effective in no huddle! We have alot of work to do before super bowl!!

KSSteelerfan
12-21-2008, 08:34 PM
It's that Sports Illustrated cover...............SI you jerks.....you jinxed us you bunch of morons.:rant2:

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2008, 08:49 PM
At the end of the day after this loss today which I think was a few plays here or there away from being a Steelers win the Steelers are still one home win away from playing in the AFC Championship game and 2 wins away from playing in the Super Bowl. Id rather **** the bed and play terrible today in Tennessee and then go back down there in 4 weeks and right the ship and turn the tables on them. I like the Steelers chances if they play the Titans again in the AFC Championship game. This game I believe today was one 3rd and 20 conversion away by the Titans from a Steelers victory. Had the D made that stop it's a completely different ballgame with the Steelers still up 4 at 14-10 but to the Titans credit they made the big play there with the 19 yard catch by McCareins and the 4th down TD by Chris Johnson and the Steelers didnt. It will be very tough for the Titans to beat the Steelers again I feel even if they have Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch. Beating them in the playoffs with those 2 in there would make it even that much sweeter.

jpele
12-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Are there any steeler fans on this board? How easily we forget,look at the teams we beat with our terrible offense.

I like our chances better than that of any other team in the league.Remember out super bowl run and how the Colts beat us down in the regular season. How'd that turn out ?

Name me one team we should fear,I can't think of a single one.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2008, 09:00 PM
The lack of hustle showed on that INt. for a td. What a terrible effort by our guys to try to make a tackle. (starks).

Our offense has no identity. None. We can't run the ball, we can't pass? What are we?

The problem is with us still winning, it gives the FO and excuse not to make changes. Bruce Arians needs to be shown the high road. This guy sucked in Cleveland, he's no better here. As far as I'm concerned that whole offensive line needs to go with Arians. I've been screaming for the last 3 years to draft some offensive lineman.

The guys we have now are a bunch of pansies. We draft Sweed??? A punter??? WE NEED LINEMEN!!!!! Wake up Tomlin and Colbert, Rooney!!!!!!!!:cursin:

Mike Tomlin
12-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Well i'm still ridin, I still think in the playoffs we can win 2 games to get to the Superbowl. This was just another one of those games to get Ben back on the right track(colts game). It just seemed like they didn't care if they won or not today, I mean they've even said it all week. If you look at where and when the turnovers occurred you would see this would have been a totally different game. Again feel how you want to feel about it.

jpele
12-21-2008, 09:08 PM
The lack of hustle showed on that INt. for a td. What a terrible effort by our guys to try to make a tackle. (starks).

Our offense has no identity. None. We can't run the ball, we can't pass? What are we?

The problem is with us still winning, it gives the FO and excuse not to make changes. Bruce Arians needs to be shown the high road. This guy sucked in Cleveland, he's no better here. As far as I'm concerned that whole offensive line needs to go with Arians. I've been screaming for the last 3 years to draft some offensive lineman.

The guys we have now are a bunch of pansies. We draft Sweed??? A punter??? WE NEED LINEMEN!!!!! Wake up Tomlin and Colbert, Rooney!!!!!!!!:cursin:

I'll agree about Arians and our running game. We moved the ball well enough through the air to win,turnovers killed us.

No way can you expect Starks to catch a DB.

Steel Trap86
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM

ok well did you like our chances against baltimore? dallas? how about the superbowl in '05? i bet you were singing the same song you are now. we lost one game after winning 5...it happens and we're still 11-4. sometimes losing a game isnt all that bad, it whips the team in shape and having a good defense can win you any game. ben turned the ball over i think 4 times today, that isnt going to happen in the playoffs.

TampaSteelGirl
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
How easily we forget,look at the teams we beat with our terrible offense.

I like our chances better than that of any other team in the league.Remember out super bowl run and how the Colts beat us down in the regular season. How'd that turn out ?

Name me one team we should fear,I can't think of a single one.

I do agree with what you are saying, I think we can beat any team in the NFC & AFC HOWEVER......if we have an offense who constantly plays like they did today, we aren't beating a damn sole. Willie Parker can't run thru a wet paper bag! While I think the O-line has been playing much better, Ben has got to stop looking for that big throw and start throwing short passes down the field, utilizing Heath Miller more complimented by a "Moore" running game and tell Bruce Arians to stay the hell in bed. I think that's a recipe for a winning playoff championship! :tt02:

Steelers7fan
12-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Totally agree. This team needs to go into the draft and concentrate on OL and weapons at Running back and more wideouts. Willie Parker cannot be relyed on anymore.

--- Added 12/21/2008 at 07:53 PM ---

Our offensive line stinks period. Plus we don't have any running game. Steelers truely needed a running back like a Johnathan Stewart who we missed out on. Although I think Rashard will be good...when healthy...and we miss that type of back as well.
We need more offensive fire power period.

Mike Tomlin
12-21-2008, 10:07 PM
I was wonderin did we look at Tony Hunt a few weeks ago when Philly released him?. He's a big back that can play either position. He was also pretty good in the screen game. I mean he was right there in state it wouldn't have hurt to check him out.

kgreen
12-21-2008, 10:10 PM
ok well did you like our chances against baltimore? dallas? how about the superbowl in '05? i bet you were singing the same song you are now. we lost one game after winning 5...it happens and we're still 11-4. sometimes losing a game isnt all that bad, it whips the team in shape and having a good defense can win you any game. ben turned the ball over i think 4 times today, that isnt going to happen in the playoffs.

We were better in 05 as a team. We had an offense that had a running game. Ben was playing a heck of a lot better that year. He really was a player we couldn't lose. When we did lose him struggled. We lost to a crappy Baltimore team and skated by an average Packers team. With Ben ripped off 8 straight wins including the Super Bowl. This year it is really our defense bailing him and the offense out. That first win Baltimore would never have happened if not for our defense. The offense didn't win that game against Dallas, the defense stepped up. Yes, in the second Baltimore game Ben came up big.

However, our offense has looked worse and worse as the season has gone along. You can't expect the defense to carry this team all by itself when the offense is making dumb mistakes. I don't care how good your defense is, you won't get anywhere unless you have a functional offense. The offense has to at least compliment the defense. I was sining a song in 2005, but it is not the one I am playing now. I knew we had a championship team that year, I just didn't think it would take a miracle run to prove it. You saw what happened today when our offense failed completely. Our defense couldn't hold the Titans and as a result we lost 31-14. We saw that happen in games to NYG and the Colts. Both of those teams are championship caliber. I am just not sold on this team. Sorry guys we are still a year or two from a championship.