PDA

View Full Version : I think this might have been a blessing in disguise.

steelers4life66
12-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong. Rat birds will probably end up plaything Titans at their house in the second round of the playoffs. I think they'll beat them and have to play us in Pittsburgh right or wrong.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Only thinking about us right now!

steelers4life66
12-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Only thinking about us right now!
So am I. Think that's how its going to work out and will be a + for us.

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong. Rat birds will probably end up plaything Titans at their house in the second round of the playoffs. I think they'll beat them and have to play us in Pittsburgh right or wrong.

I been saying that all day here now. The Titans are now going to end up playing either the Colts or the Ravens their first playoff game as opposed to somebody like the Jets,Miami,Pats or even Denver. They 1 seed plays the lowest seed in the first game and since the odds are great the Indy and Balt as the 5 or 6 are going to win their respective first games or at least one of them will the odds are great of the Steelers maybe having an easier first game then the Titans with the way the seeds shake out at the end of the day...

steelers4life66
12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
I been saying that all day here now. The Titans are now going to end up playing either the Colts or the Ravens their first playoff game as opposed to somebody like the Jets,Miami,Pats or even Denver. They 1 seed plays the lowest seed in the first game and since the odds are great the Indy and Balt as the 5 or 6 are going to win their respective first games or at least one of them will the odds are great of the Steelers maybe having an easier first game then the Titans with the way the seeds shake out at the end of the day...
I was the same way. Torn between wining this game but also thinking it might be best if we lost.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
That type of thinking by the Steelers seemed to do them in today, well that and a Titans team that came out and played a good ball game. Ben talked about the team being loose and said if they lost it would be ok so to speak. He did clarify his statements by saying that he said they are confident they can go anywhere and win so even if they lose it's not the end of the world.

News flash, you can't have that kind of mentality in the NFL...nothing is a given and things change week to week in this league. You have to take the wins every chance you get and seize the opportunity to stay home in the post season as long as you can. Im not saying you have to play uptight but it's clear that the offense did not have an edge today and did not play with a resolve in the 4th quarter like they did before. Credit Tennessee for coming out more determined and playing better than we did.

You can't just turn it on when you feel like it in this league or it's going to bite you sooner or later and it bit us big time today. It doesn't matter who you play you have to be focused and ready to go every week because you never know what's going to happen.

KSSteelerfan
12-21-2008, 07:36 PM

Wouldn't that be sweet revenge to have to play us in da burgh!!!!!!!

lloydfan4life
12-21-2008, 07:38 PM
That type of thinking by the Steelers seemed to do them in today, well that and a Titans team that came out and played a good ball game. Ben talked about the team being loose and said if they lost it would be ok so to speak. He did clarify his statements by saying that he said they are confident they can go anywhere and win so even if they lose it's not the end of the world.

News flash, you can't have that kind of mentality in the NFL...nothing is a given and things change week to week in this league. You have to take the wins every chance you get and seize the opportunity to stay home in the post season as long as you can. Im not saying you have to play uptight but it's clear that the offense did not have an edge today and did not play with a resolve in the 4th quarter like they did before. Credit Tennessee for coming out more determined and playing better than we did.

You can't just turn it on when you feel like it in this league or it's going to bite you sooner or later and it bit us big time today. It doesn't matter who you play you have to be focused and ready to go every week because you never know what's going to happen.

I agree 100%, and it was rather evident that the Steelers were neither prepared or focused today! :evilshake:

At this point who gives a crap about seeing one of the lesser teams in the playoffs.... I want to see the Titans again!! :cursin: I don't know how many of you caught them smearing our towel in the mud with their feet after the game.... but I did, and I want to see them in the AFC Champ. game. The Steelers will NOT lose that game if they get there! :cope:

Bring it on Mr. Lendale White. You won a freakin' regular season game... big whoop... let's see how you do against us in a playoff game.... with the Super Bowl on the line. We'll see how you disrespect our terrible towel then. Why not ask TJ Humpshismamma how it worked out for him! :yellowthumb:

steelers4life66
12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Wouldn't that be sweet revenge to have to play us in da burgh!!!!!!!
I think theirs a good chance it could work out that way.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-21-2008, 08:02 PM
After what they did to our Towel i wanna play them again:cursin:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Hoke also commented on the team getting refocused after this game and regrouping; which leads me to believe that no matter what they say they to the camera's they felt they were going to have success today in Tennessee. Obviously you have to feel confident in your chances, any winning team does, but at the same time I have to believe that for the first time this year based on Ben's comments earlier in the week, all the hype that the Steelers got this week (which did nothing but fire up the Titans to come out and play well), and just generally not being as focused as they were that the team as a whole just wasn't in this game as much as they should be and that is disappointing. Take nothing away from TN., they played their tails off today short handed and all and today they were the better team.

Im not foolish enough to think we are an inferior team compared to them because most certainly are not! We can play with anyone anytime anywhere but today they came in wanting this game more and it showed.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry I never see the positive in losing. Let's just hope we regroup.

steelerschick1220
12-22-2008, 12:08 AM
If we do not face anyone but the Titans in the championship game, I will be horribly dissapointed. I want to beat these idiots when the biggest game on the planet is on the line.

Lunchbucket
12-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Totally agree!Respect is a two way street.they owe us some

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
As I talked about a few weeks back was really a blessing in disguise because as you see right now the Titans in my opinion I believe are getting a much more tougher game next weekend in the Ravens then the Steelers are in the Chargers. Now granted the Steelers might end up playing the Ravens regardless in the AFC Championship game the following week, but I would much rather see the Ravens in that game as opposed to seeing them in our first playoff game. As bad as the Ravens offense can look at times you just do not want to see them now the first game if you are the Titans coming off a bye week. Let the Ravens take care of the Titans for the Steelers and they should be worn out to a certain degree a week later having to play their 3rd straight road playoff game in 3 weeks. Sure it will be tough to beat the Ravens 3 times if the Steelers do play them, but as I mentioned before I will take playing San Diego our first playoff game next weekend over playing the Ravens first anyday of the week.

One thing is for certain though if the Steelers do hope to make it to the Super Bowl assuming of course they get by the Chargers next week which I most definitely think they will, they are either going to have to go into Tennessee and give it another shot and try to win again something they couldnt do last time, or they are going to have to beat the Ravens for a 3rd time which is never an easy thing to do. Regardless of the outcome of that game either opponenet the Titans or Ravens will be a tall order for the Steelers the following week.

JensK
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Dunno.. Both are good teams, and both are flaming hot atm. No excuses... If we want to be the best, we gotta beat the best, thats it.

Biggest Fan
01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
I would hate to have to go through the Ravens and then the Titans. With that said I do not think the game with the Charges will be easy. If we make it through them we are much better off with playing the winner of ... (after they beat each other up).

beaver688
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
STILLERS do not play well after a bye.:crossfingers:

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Dunno.. Both are good teams, and both are flaming hot atm. No excuses... If we want to be the best, we gotta beat the best, thats it.

No matter what we say about the Ravens and what not on this board I think everybody on this board for the most part will agree that they didnot want to play the Ravens in the first playoff game here, and that the Chargers are a much much better matchup for the Steelers next weekend for their first game then having to beat the Ravens for a 3rd time with a suspect Ben and playing our first playoff game after a bye week. I would much rather get the Ravens in the AFC Championship game after the Steelers have played a game and the Titans have played the Ravens and beat them up a lot then get them next week. I think if anybody says otherwise then they are not thinking clearly.

Stairwayto7
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
STILLERS do not play well after a bye.:crossfingers:

Correction, they usually don`t play well after a Bye, they will play well after this bye!

beaver688
01-04-2009, 05:31 PM
well hope you are right

--- Added 1/4/2009 at 04:31 PM ---

my gut is already in my throat

JensK
01-04-2009, 05:37 PM
No matter what we say about the Ravens and what not on this board I think everybody on this board for the most part will agree that they didnot want to play the Ravens in the first playoff game here, and that the Chargers are a much much better matchup for the Steelers next weekend for their first game then having to beat the Ravens for a 3rd time with a suspect Ben and playing our first playoff game after a bye week. I would much rather get the Ravens in the AFC Championship game after the Steelers have played a game and the Titans have played the Ravens and beat them up a lot then get them next week. I think if anybody says otherwise then they are not thinking clearly.

Sure, i agree all the way. What i tryed to say is, that no matter who we play at this point, it'll be tough. Ravens or Chargers, both teams have been playing lights out last few games, so yeah.. Obviously i like the chargers over ravens, since ravens is really kicking *** atm, but i just don't want to feel like we would be worse off with ravens. We need to beat whoever we meet if we want to be the best, no excuses :) With that being said, im pleased that we get chargers and not ravens..

yinzer
01-04-2009, 05:54 PM
there's one reason why miami lost today... chad pennington

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
there's one reason why miami lost today... chad pennington

I agree he was absolutely horrific. You just cannot turn the ball over against the Ravens when you play them. That is the number 1 reason and way they will beat you. I dont care how well the Ravens are playing their entire team is based on their defense getting turnovers and either scoring tds as a result of them or getting turnovers and giving Flacco a short field to work with to score. Flacco and this Ravens offense is still incapable of putting drives together that result in touchdowns. If the Miami D can force Flacco to go 9 of 22 for 135 yards, then the Steelers D should we meet the Ravens again in the championship game should do the exact samething. Key thing for the Steelers when you play the Ravens DONT TURN THE EFFIN BALL OVER...

Ambridge
01-04-2009, 06:27 PM

Yeah!! if it's a pick your poison I'd rather have to play the Ravens in the AFCC Game. Trying to beat someone 3 times in a season and in a Championship game is a very tall order but I definately agree it would be a Dicey road in the divisional round.........I'd much rather the Steelers play the Titans to see who goes to the Superbowl.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
At this point I really don't care who the Steelers play........Its the play-offs and every game is a challenge really.......Let the Steelers take care of the Chargers and lets see were the chips fall then.....Either the Steelers going to Nashville for the AFC title game or the Ravens going to Pittsburgh for the AFC title game.....Both games are going to be tough no matter what......

steelerschick1220
01-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Should we make it past the Chargers, I don't care who we will face next. They always say 'Be careful what you wish for' so I am just hoping we beat the Chargers and I will take whoever our next opponent is.

SteelFanInIL
01-05-2009, 09:38 AM
This could not have worked out better:imho:. Let the Titans and ratbirds beat the hell outa each other, our D won't let SD run all over the place, We should be able to move the ball against their D ( statisticly we had a good game last time against them) and get the win. So I don't really care who we play after that. But first things frist...let's whip SD.:tt02::cope::helmet::cope::tt02::greenbounce2:

Silverback
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Im not convinced Baltimroe is that much better than the Chargers but I would rather have the SDC because they have to come across the country and play in conditions they aren't used to, while Baltimore is much more suited to the winter conditions.

Troyisabeast_43
01-10-2009, 09:31 PM

Good call on this one you and I both called it as you see on the thread below that I wrote as well...I said this a few weeks ago as well that the Titans would get the Ravens the first game of the playoffs because they beat the Steelers that week and it would be a tougher game then the Steelers would have, and that is exactly what happened here, and absolutely everything fell into place...