PDA

View Full Version : Did the Steelers show their whole hand today??

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Not much blitzing today, especially not on 3rd and 20. Were we trying to hide something for a future game with these guys?

TampaSteelGirl
12-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I just don't know, seems to me that they are just tired.

AZ_Steeler
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
It seemed like when the Steelers did blitz that it was picked up well by the Titans. I would hate to think the game was handed to the Titans because the Steelers were holding back something.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
No way, we don't hold anything back like that at this late in the season. Every team has a season's worth of film on their opponents as it is. There's nothing to hide or hold back,we just got beat today plain and simple.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 05:16 PM
It seemed like when the Steelers did blitz that it was picked up well by the Titans. I would hate to think the game was handed to the Titans because the Steelers were holding back something.

Hard to swallow, but TRUE! I was hoping!

jpele
12-21-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't believe we held anything back...but it wasn't our usual defensive game plan and yes the D looked tired.

gbdsteelers
12-21-2008, 05:28 PM
:banging:Ben's two fumbles . missed field goal and Ike finally being exploited for the player he is (not a very good one)in position to make a game changing play and nothing chubdale white you might want to call t.j. and ask him how it turned out the last time someone disrepected the terrible towel

jpele
12-21-2008, 05:38 PM
:banging:Ben's two fumbles . missed field goal and Ike finally being exploited for the player he is (not a very good one)in position to make a game changing play and nothing chubdale white you might want to call t.j. and ask him how it turned out the last time someone disrepected the terrible towel

Ike has one bad play and he stinks ? If you watched the game you would see our safties gave up the long ball not Ike.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Ike has one bad play and he stinks ? If you watched the game you would see our safties gave up the long ball not Ike.

I think Ike is having his best season!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Ike does not stink, he's a solid corner..so he got beat today, it happens. The dude has been solid all year and the fact that teams shy away from him is a credit to his solid play.

gbdsteelers
12-21-2008, 06:00 PM
the front seven is to thank for ike's solid year they get preesure on q.b. he looks good i'm not saying he isn't an average to good corner but he isn't the shut down corner he thinks he is

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 06:07 PM
The fact is the Titans manhandled the Steelers almost all game long, it's as simple as that. It wasn't a gameplan issue on defense; it's simple matter of execution. On offense sure you can make a case for the game plan but that's the case every week with Arians. Ben's turnovers did us in, no running game did us in, lack of red zone offense did us in, let's not fool ourselves into thinking Tomlin would hold something back with a chance to gain home field in the post season.

Ambridge
12-21-2008, 06:39 PM
The defense has had 3 Huge games in a row against playoff caliber teams and I think they were just plain tired and probably a little flat.

yinzer
12-21-2008, 06:45 PM
The defense has had 3 Huge games in a row against playoff caliber teams and I think they were just plain tired and probably a little flat.

guess what? EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL IS TIRED RIGHT NOW. it's week 16, bro. everybody's tired. this is no excuse. it's simple... the steelers simply rolled over and underestimated the titans. ok? simple as that. lebeau was vanilla. arians was horrible as usual. it looked liked my 6th grade mini-varsity team was going up against world champs. too bad for tomlin. he dropped the ball in a HUGE way tonight. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. NO OTHER EXCUSES.

Ambridge
12-21-2008, 07:01 PM
guess what? EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL IS TIRED RIGHT NOW. it's week 16, bro. everybody's tired. this is no excuse. it's simple... the steelers simply rolled over and underestimated the titans. ok? simple as that. lebeau was vanilla. arians was horrible as usual. it looked liked my 6th grade mini-varsity team was going up against world champs. too bad for tomlin. he dropped the ball in a HUGE way tonight. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. NO OTHER EXCUSES.

Hell, I agree!!...........but you know what?? This defense has bailed this team out how many times this season?? A lot more than any unit should have to so excuse them if they have a sub-par game.

How nice it would have been to see a pathetic and putrid offense step up for a defense that was having an unusually poor day for 1 time.

I guess that would be asking way too much.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Maybe we're just a victim of Karma too..LOL. In all honestly though lets face we've won a bunch of games in the 4th quarter this year, sooner or later your going to have to either put up or shut up. With a team like ours that rides a fine line every weekend it just came up and bit us today. They need to regroup and get ready because after next week it's do or die.

yinzer
12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Maybe we're just a victim of Karma too..LOL. In all honestly though lets face we've won a bunch of games in the 4th quarter this year, sooner or later your going to have to either put up or shut up. With a team like ours that rides a fine line every weekend it just came up and bit us today. They need to regroup and get ready because after next week it's do or die.

come on, TG. karma??? seriously??? we're a victim of arians offense.

--- Added 12/21/2008 at 06:23 PM ---

they've been showing their hands since august. there are no more secrets this season.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Yo our defense has kept us in every game this year,Ike is an solid corner he is not an bust:nono:, i thought the Steelers played very vanilla today:imho: They played like they was saving something for later on:thinking: because the way they disrespected our terrible towel:cursin:man i hope we see these cats again:crossfingers:on there turf:tt02: i know it will be different if we see them in the AFC Championship game.:yellowthumb: GO STEELERS

jpele
12-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Yo our defense has kept us in every game this year,Ike is an solid corner he is not an bust:nono:, i thought the Steelers played very vanilla today:imho: They played like they was saving something for later on:thinking: because the way they disrespected our terrible towel:cursin:man i hope we see these cats again:crossfingers:on there turf:tt02: i know it will be different if we see them in the AFC Championship game.:yellowthumb: GO STEELERS

At least someone sees the whole picture. There was no way the defense could play every week at that level. We have Cleveland and a bye to get rested and healthy. I only hope our coaching staff take advantage of the situation.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2008, 08:11 PM
We lost for one reason. #7. He looked like Tavaris Jackson today. I'm sorry I use no excuses for losing today. Why would you want to get your asses handed to you going into the playoffs?

This game was important. No it's not the end of the world, but both teams were playing for something. Ben stunk up the city of Nashville today.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
We lost for one reason. #7. He looked like Tavaris Jackson today. I'm sorry I use no excuses for losing today. Why would you want to get your asses handed to you going into the playoffs?

This game was important. No it's not the end of the world, but both teams were playing for something. Ben stunk up the city of Nashville today.

It was important, but I don`t think that we had to win! But we did need to show that we belonged on the same field, and we did not accomplish that! Ben is a weak link right now, its really ashame. People will start asking if now that he got paid, has he lost his drive?