PDA

View Full Version : Okay, the Steelers stunk up the joint today... now what?

SteelD43
12-21-2008, 04:25 PM
We all know exactly what the Steelers weak spots are. We know that our offense is absolutely horrible. I really can't think of a game this season where we have seen a consistant showing by our offense for a full game. I am fighting the urge to throw Ben under the bus after watching his performance against the Titans, only because he has pulled us out of some sticky spots this season with gutsy play. So what now? Do we search for an offensive coordinator that can actually do his job? retool the O-line? Let Ben know his job isn't safe if he continues to put us in these unwinnable situations? What do you guys think?

steelers4life66
12-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I think this might have been a blessing in disguise. Tell me if I'm wrong. Rat birds will probably end up plaything Titans at their house in the second round of the playoffs. I think they'll beat them and have to play us in Pittsburgh right or wrong.

Bombhunter
12-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Ben is the Steelers Gazillion dollar QB...he'll be in the game until his knee braces rust and fall off. I think some good offensive linemen in the draft will help. Need to find the next Alan Faneca...

AZ_Steeler
12-21-2008, 04:50 PM
It's hard to knock Ben when he is trying to make something happen when the Steelers were down. Plus there were a lot of catchable balls that were dropped and dropped balls = momentum killer!

The offense is very stagnate and can't do a whole lot at all! Being they have played 15 games already I'm sure every play the Steelers have in their playbook has been ran and if you look hard enough online I'm sure someone has broken down the Steelers tendencies and know what play is coming per quarter, situation and time on the clock and if the Steelers are ahead or losing. It's too predictable... I did see some new wrinkles thrown in to the mix today but they must have ran it from the same formation as another play because the Titans D wasn't fooled one bit.

jpele
12-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Not that it means anything ,but I sat here and called the Steelers first 12 offensive plays correctly. If I could do this...I imagine the opponents defense is sitting there laughing.

We're 11-4 meaning Arians is going nowhere.

Steel Trap86
12-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Ben is still a solid quarterback, no matter what happened today.

Forged in Steel
12-21-2008, 05:00 PM
The Steelers treat Ben like he's Joe Pa and he can stay as long as he wants. No wrisk of being released, etc.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry, but Bigben needs to hear it. He sucked today.

BlitzburghRockCity
What we do now is regroup and come back next week and beat the Browns, it's as simple as that. This is a week to week league and anything can happen. The defense and offense needs to suck it up and finish out the season on a high note as we head into the playoffs and the number 2 seed.

This was a game that obviously the Titans wanted more than we did and made the plays when they had too. We had our chances in the redzone and blew it with a missed FG and turnovers. There's no reason to think they are going to get any better on the offensive side of the ball so they are just going to have to make as many plays as they an and hope it's enough to help out the defense.

Stairwayto7
Ben is still a solid quarterback, no matter what happened today.

I love Ben, but he has shown very little in recent weeks. I would never make any assumptions on one game, good or bad. But Bens has played terrible this year. Yes our O line is bad. But come on, he holds onto the ball to long. On our too long TD drives, almost every throw, was a three second drop, and zip the pass in there. He needs to make quicker desicions and get rid of the ball. On third and two he throws a long int. Come on, get the first down.

AZ_Steeler
12-21-2008, 05:13 PM
The one big thing that seems to stick out is that one of Ben's fumbles was converted for 7 and 2 of his interceptions was converted for 14 for a grand total of 21 points off of turnovers! It's a shame those points, at least 14 of them, have to count towards the defense.

For the day the Steelers had 5 fumbles, losing 2 and Ben threw 2 interceptions.

Has this for a Steelers win:
|1|2|3|4|Total
Steelers|1|1|1|1|4
Titans|0|0|0|0|0

*Breakdown of turnovers by quarters

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
The big thing for me is, we had a chance to make a statement early. Come out and score, the first two drives for tenn, 3 and out. Both time we had excellent field position. ZERO points. After that tenn had a couple first downs then that changed the field position game.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm just glad he had this bad game during the season when it doesn't really cost us anything,i knew it was coming this is Ben:yesnod:now the play calling didn't help either:nono:

SteelD43
12-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Your right that is probably the best approach after this season, but Ben won't last long holding on to the ball the way he does...and he will still get paid.

scott0326
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I didn't think the passing game was that bad today, the turnovers and HORRIBLE running game really cost us the game.