PDA

View Full Version : How pathetic is the Steeler running game...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Willie Parker is absolutely worthless and has done nothing whatsoever. I know the line didn't give him any help and he got stopped behind the line atleast 5 times today but for God sakes when he has the ball he just doesn't inspire any confidence whatsoever that he'll do anymore than gain a couple yards if he even gets past the line of scrimmage.

Moore made plays today like he always does but mark it down here, Im off the Willie bandwagon. I just can't watch this guy continuously blow it every time he gets the ball. Blame the injuries? sure you can do that and you'd have a legitmate beef. blame the line? yes again you can say that but the fact is that our running game is absolutely worthless and it's going to be a hinderance to this team in January.

Captcoolhand
12-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Is this a rhetorical Question?

Bombhunter
12-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Jerome! Jerome! Are you out there....? Nah just Willie...maybe glass shoulders Mendenhall will do something next year.

Captcoolhand
12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
We have NO power. Speed doesn't always get the the job done. (ask your wives). We need a guy who can exacute the F*ck'n line. We need a true freak'n RunningBack

AZ_Steeler
12-21-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't care that Parker was the starter at the beginning of the year... he got hurt, he hasn't been the same since he got hurt and he should not have been given the starting job back just because it was his to begin with. Numbers don't lie and Parker's flat out sucks when compared to Moore... especially when you compare their numbers as starters.

Parker is really starting to remind me of a Reggie Bush, great on the edges but a wussy when it comes to running it up the gut.

steelers4life66
12-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Does anyone one have Mikes number? The next game doesn't mean A thing. Put Moore in and let see what he can do.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Moore moves the ball, bottom line. And when he is in there the other team never knows if its a pass or run, since he is such a good receiver.

Moore needs the ball more. Willie out to be replacing him. Hell give Russel some carries.

One good thing is, we have a back, when Mendenhall gets ready for next season, we`ll be in alot better shape.

OC Steel Curtain
12-21-2008, 06:10 PM
parkers not getting the blocking he use to and he can only do soo much by himself (ask our little friend from the lions who made 1 move and tore rod woodsons acl).. moore comes in to relieve parker and he has full energy and looks good when parkers been wearing down the D.. russell is a power runner but being about the same size as willie.. those hits will take their toll on russell.. the running back style that really impressed me that could fit in with the steelers is Le'Ron McClain from the ravens.. he ran with authority and power.. looks like a true steel city tailback.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 06:13 PM
parkers not getting the blocking he use to and he can only do soo much by himself (ask our little friend from the lions who made 1 move and tore rod woodsons acl).. moore comes in to relieve parker and he has full energy and looks good when parkers been wearing down the D.. russell is a power runner but being about the same size as willie.. those hits will take their toll on russell.. the running back style that really impressed me that could fit in with the steelers is Le'Ron McClain from the ravens.. he ran with authority and power.. looks like a true steel city tailback.

I don`t buy it. Parker has not been running hard all year, too much dancing around. I know that Bettis taught him to be patient, but he is just playing horrible, alomst playing scarred. Hell Moore looked better when he started games. Our offense is better suited for Moore. We have more plays that we can use with him.

Stlrs4Life
12-21-2008, 06:47 PM
No FB back there to help, the running game is going to continue just the way it is.

kgreen
12-21-2008, 06:51 PM
No FB back there to help, the running game is going to continue just the way it is.

Oh yeah I hate seeing us line up for a 1st and goal in a SINGLEBACK formation!!! It kills me! You need a grinder down there!!!

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah I hate seeing us line up for a 1st and goal in a SINGLEBACK formation!!! It kills me! You need a grinder down there!!!

Especially with a small tailback!

jpele
12-21-2008, 06:56 PM
We do have a fullback (McHugh) he stands on the sidelines watching the short yardage plays. Thank your OC.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
If you can't run the ball you can't win consistently in this league. Tomlin and Arians need to find a way to get the ground game going if they expect us to have any chance in the playoffs. Every team in the postseason in the AFC has a good defense and since we can't run they'll just blitz the hell out of us and dare Ben to throw. Yes he can make yards through the air and we can move the ball, we did it today but sooner or later it catches up to you.

Iron City South
12-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Lordy..... will you look at this.

Some of you ran to the highest rooftops months ago when I posted a thread about why Moore was the better back and should be starting and you all rallied to each others side and came at me with stones, pitchforks, and fire like an old fashion Salem witch hunt.

http://affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/wp-content/uploads/imagesangry-mob-small.jpg

My how a few weeks have changed people's tune ....

popstaala
12-21-2008, 11:36 PM
parker need to die... and die slow bitch... you suck
ben gotta die too... he makes Collins looks so good... maybe he needs to ask collins how to release the ball

SteelFanInIL
12-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Sorry guys, although I whole heartedly agree the running game sucks (I said that weeks ago) turn overs cost us this game. :cursin::banging::evilshake:

DIESELMAN
12-22-2008, 03:45 AM

We do have a fullback (McHugh) he stands on the sidelines watching the short yardage plays. Thank your OC.

You guys hit it right there...Goal to go and we don't use a FB? WTF?!?!?!? I posted in a thread last week about McHugh, how in about the only game we used him (against the Bungholes) we were very effective to close out the game, hell he was killin people in the Ratbirds game earlier this year. **** Arians!!!! If you can't learn from your mistakes every week, what good are you, he's riding the huge year Ben had last year and he's ****ing this offense in the process.

Steelersfan
12-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Lordy..... will you look at this.

Some of you ran to the highest rooftops months ago when I posted a thread about why Moore was the better back and should be starting and you all rallied to each others side and came at me with stones, pitchforks, and fire like an old fashion Salem witch hunt.

http://affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/wp-content/uploads/imagesangry-mob-small.jpg

My how a few weeks have changed people's tune ....

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21315&postcount=4

Notice the date on that post............lol Been saying it for a long time!