PDA

View Full Version : Clark's injury

acero
12-21-2008, 05:05 PM
thats what most worries me

hopefully we will get him back and get back at the terrible towel steppin by the titans

:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 05:10 PM
He was walking off with a trainer holding his right arm so it doesn't look good at this point; he'll have 3 weeks to heal up and hopefully come back for the playoffs. He is such a key on this defense and if he's not there it's a huge blow.

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2008, 05:27 PM
thats what most worries me

hopefully we will get him back and get back at the terrible towel steppin by the titans

:tt02:

Cowher was just said on the postgame that was a big mistake doing something like that if you're Tenn knowing you might have to see the Steelers again in the playoffs...Let Tennessee run their mouths all it means is they will have a tougher first playoff game at home against Indy or Baltimore then the Steelers will...

AZ_Steeler
12-21-2008, 05:55 PM
If I had to put money on it I would say he broke a bone somewhere in that arm and he's looking at at least 5 weeks if so. He could probably play with a cast but it will depend on if surgery is needed or not.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Lets hope it snot serious

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 06:55 PM
If I had to put money on it I would say he broke a bone somewhere in that arm and he's looking at at least 5 weeks if so. He could probably play with a cast but it will depend on if surgery is needed or not.

I hope we're wrong but I was thinking the same thing about Clark..they don't usually hold an arm like that and walk the player off if it's just a bruise. the way Clark plays though even if he has a cast on he's going to be limited big time.

kgreen
12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
How about James Harrison coming back after his hip injury? What a BA!! I do hope Clark is alright. I think he will be, he's a tough dude. Clark and Troy make a great 1-2 punch!

vidaliasteelerfan
12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Being in the field of sports medicine as an Athletic trainer .... my first thoughts were not good. I know when I have taken players off the field holding their arm in that position the outcome is not good mosty of the time. I have been wrong on occassion though. I like when I am wrong!!

Mike Tomlin
12-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I think he just separated that same shoulder again. He was already wearing a brace for it, plus I think he may of only sat out one game for it.....if that. He has a few weeks to get healthy.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I didn't see the press conference at the end of the game so I haven't heard anything to this point on what the injury is. If I remember the play that he hurt it on he did come down hard on his shoulder but I can't say for certain. We should know something for sure by tomorrow at the latest I would think.

jpele
12-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I didn't see the press conference at the end of the game so I haven't heard anything to this point on what the injury is. If I remember the play that he hurt it on he did come down hard on his shoulder but I can't say for certain. We should know something for sure by tomorrow at the latest I would think.

All that Tomlin said was ,Ryan walked off the field so the injury must be to the upper body.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2008, 04:38 AM
Just read it on the Trib... (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_603978.html)

• Free safety Ryan Clark is another candidate to watch the Steelers' final regular season game. The right shoulder that Clark separated earlier this season popped out as he made a tackle on 240-pound running back LenDale White late in Sunday's game. He had his shoulder X-rayed and left the Steelers' locker room following the game with his right arm in a sling.
Clark, who missed a game at the beginning of November because of a bad shoulder, said he will be fine.
"That's not going to stop me from hitting (White) in the face the next time we play them," Clark said.

Looks like with some rest he'll be fine....whew!

DIESELMAN
12-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Yeah Clark will be fine, we can rest our starters next week and get everyone back healthy for the playoffs. We can not only regroup physically but mentally also.

AZ_Steeler
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
I guess he saw the tape of what White did to the TT? :D