PDA

View Full Version : Anemic offense implodes

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Yep, we all saw it with our very eyes, this team absolutely did itís best job to give the game away. Ben had 4 fumbles and and 2 INT's, Parker did nothing, Arians play calling was as bad as ever, etc. Was the team attitude too loose? Were they not focused or concentrating enough? Who knows but the fact is that it finally caught up to us and the offensive woes on the line and running game are as evident as ever. We donít intimidate anybody on offense no matter what the stats say or donít say. Anybody with a half decent defense knows they can shut the offense down and if they get a lead of double digits they canít come back.

Missed opportunities in the red zone were key today. Ben getting sacked 5 times today was it. All I know is Iíve had it with this team continuing to shoot themselves in the foot and not making the plays they are capable of.

Zachintosh66
12-21-2008, 04:10 PM
implodes??? its been non-exsistant all year... our Defensive luck ran out and we were out played in every aspect... very sad

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Getting the number 2 seed guys will be a blessing in disguise for the Steelers because they most likely will not have to see Indy or Baltimore their first playoff game now...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Blessing or not the fact is that the offense caught up with them, or lack of the offense. The number 2 seed is not a bad thing, we can be thankful for that. It's not so much that we lost, but it's the way we lost this game. 6 turnovers in this game on offense is absolutely horrifically terrible.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2008, 05:19 PM
The bad thing is, the Titans were without 2 key players on defense and still completely manhandled the offensive line. They didn't have to blitz us to have their way with our offense. The Steelers have their work cut out for them heading into the postseason having been blown out in all phases today on offense.

jpele
12-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Getting the number 2 seed guys will be a blessing in disguise for the Steelers because they most likely will not have to see Indy or Baltimore their first playoff game now...

We already beat the Ravens twice and I would welcome the chance to payback the Colts.

Clevelandsux
12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Ben looked like Tavaris Jackson today.:cursin:

Zachintosh66
12-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Im so tired of seeing the damn draw up the middle then a dive (or vice versa)... then its 3rd down and Ben has to try to save the O's *** and run away from defenders who are barely touched let alone blocked while trying to look for an open man downfield.

Whens the last time we ran a screen?

Also tired of seeing 2 or 3TE sets inside the 15... its one thing if its 3n1 on the 1... but come on man! How about a fade or jump ball to Nate or Limas?

The ONLY successfull play our O runs is the quick slant! Thats B/c Ben doesnt have to run for his life and the line doesnt have to attempt to block any one. Hartwig is the only one worth a damn...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Dude I'm not that upset......It sucks we lost but come on I think we all knew this team has some serious flaws on offense to really think they we're going to reach the Super Bowl.....The defense is a very good unit but maybe we have been over-rating them to.....But I want to know why LeBeau didn't blitz more...It seemed to many times we only rushed three men......Collins had all day....

popstaala
12-21-2008, 11:19 PM
****ing arians ..****in ben...****ing parker.... i hate yall

--- Added 12/21/2008 at 10:19 PM ---

im goin to burn big bens jersey and drink some beer

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2008, 03:30 AM
We haven't overrated our defense one bit, they are as good as advertised every single week but even the best of the best have a bad game now and then. Really when you think about it they haven't had a truly bad game all year long so better to get it out of their system now and get back on track then to falter in the playoffs.

Now the offense, that's another story for sure.

Steelersfan
12-22-2008, 10:29 AM
****ing arians ..****in ben...****ing parker.... i hate yall

--- Added 12/21/2008 at 10:19 PM ---

im goin to burn big bens jersey and drink some beer

Is this Koopa under a different name?.........:lol: