PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward ultimate love-hate player

steelers4life66
12-17-2008, 04:31 PM
"There is nothing like beating Baltimore," a very satisfied Ward said Sunday night as he strolled out of M&T Bank Stadium with a 13-9 smackdown of the Ravens, the AFC North Division title and a first-round playoff bye.
That's why Ward enjoyed his conversations late in the game with Ravens All-Pros Ray Lewis and Ed Reed so much.
"I told 'em both that we were about to score and beat 'em in their own back yard," Ward said, almost giggling.
"No, you ain't!" Lewis and Reed screamed back among a few other unprintable words.
Well, guess what?
Ben Roethlisberger's 4-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Santonio Holmes with 43 seconds left broke the Ravens' hearts. But what really ticked them off were Ward's contributions to the winning, 12-play, 92-yard drive: three catches for 36 yards.
Losing is one thing in Baltimore.
Losing to Ward and the Steelers is something much worse, especially when the defeat could end up costing the Ravens a playoff slot.
"I'm pretty sure I'm the most-hated guy down here," Ward said, smiling again.
Smirking, actually.
"I love being the most-hated guy here," he said. "I love beating them while [their fans] are flicking me off." Link to rest of storyhttp://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08352/935604-66.stm

Stlrs4Life
12-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Gotta love it, and Hines!!!!!!!!!!

HUNT4SEVEN
12-17-2008, 06:27 PM
:haha:U gotta love Hines, especially when he tells them they are gonna score on them an then they do it.............PRICELESS:yellowthumb::tt02::cope:

Steel Trap86
12-17-2008, 06:50 PM
All that talking before the game about bounties on ward and he wasnt gonna make any plays..and look what happens, ward slapped the ravens defense in the face and drove the ball down the field on the most critical drive of the game and scored after he said they would.

:cope: GO STEELERS :cope:

jpele
12-17-2008, 07:29 PM
"I love beating them while [their fans] are flicking me off."

It don't get any better than that.

PsychoWard
12-17-2008, 07:29 PM
thats awesome!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Hines is the ultimate competitor; he's just as happy dishing out a crushing block as he is scoring a TD. What more can you possibly ask for from a guy on your team that epitomizes what the Steelers are all about.

NHStlrfan
12-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Nothing better than telling it like it is BEFORE it happens. Hines can talk withteh best of them.

Mike Tomlin
12-18-2008, 12:17 AM
One thing I like about Hines Ward everytime he plays the Ravens he hits one of their guys early. Even with all the **** they talk he goes out shows his heart and take it to them first. That has to do something to their minds , no matter what we say or do to him he's going to come for our heads.which is always the right thing to do when your outsized.

Example if you were about to get into a fight with a guy way bigger than you, why would you let him hit you first? He might knock you out instantly, but if you rush him he's not expecting that at all and now you have the upper hand. Point is if you talk about what your going to do to me i'm going to test your pressure point and make you work for it. I mean why stand there and get beat to death. Oh I don't know if anyone noticed but he got Bart again.:cope:

BlitzburghNation
12-20-2008, 12:36 AM
That's Killer,,,,,,,,,,,Smack talking those :moon: RATS and :spank: them in there own house !!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Hines will need to continue that killer instinct this week, the Titans may not be the rival that they used to so much or near on the level of the Ratbirds but you can bet if they get a chance to get a shot on Hines that they will take it. He'll just get up smiling like always and come back the next play for alittle pay back. :reddevil:

popstaala
12-20-2008, 12:05 PM
awesome... Bart and ed reed still remains as Hines Ward's bitches..http://fanyard.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/steelers_love.jpg