PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Merriman suspended.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman has been notified he will be suspended for four games for violating the NFL's steroids policy, league and team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Merriman's positive test was "definitely for steroids not one of those supplement deals" said a source with knowledge of Merriman's suspension.

Merriman's suspension originally was to be announced last Tuesday when two other players -- the Falcons' Mark Lehr and the Lions' Shaun Rogers -- were suspended for violating the policy. But Merriman reserved the right to appeal his suspension, so it was not announced.

Neither the Chargers, nor Merriman, could be reached for comment Sunday night.

Earlier Sunday the Chargers lost to the Chiefs 30-27 in Kansas City.

Koopa
10-22-2006, 10:20 PM
that explains a lot, i knew he wasn't that good, and was being over hyped coming out of college, he's a damn cheater lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I was wondering if he was juicing too !!! Well now we know ! He was just on fire way too much to the point of it being almost unbelievable !

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Man alot of player are starting to get caught. It makes you wonder how many are doing it across the NFL and how many of our Steelers are on the roids?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Every sport is cracking down on this stuff, I can't believe these players continue to try and get away with it. I can't imagine the pressure they are under every week so maybe thats part of it I dont know.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Every sport is cracking down on this stuff, I can't believe these players continue to try and get away with it. I can't imagine the pressure they are under every week so maybe thats part of it I dont know.

Thats exactly it Top Gun. These players are under so much pressure to perform that they look to get an edge. I really don't care if players use roids. If they want to kill themselves and ruin their health. Its their choice.

SteelerDan43
10-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Kinda sad but not at the same time its been against the rules since he was in college, you wana cheat your gonna have to take that risk of getting caught and he got caught. now he has to lye in the bed he made for himself

Forged in Steel
10-22-2006, 11:10 PM
that explains a lot, i knew he wasn't that good, and was being over hyped coming out of college, he's a damn cheater lol

I thought the same thing this guy just comes out of no where and he's like a god. That was a bunch of B.S.

AZ_Steeler
10-23-2006, 01:15 PM
What a cheater! They should start penalizing teams by taking away victories they may have had during the time the juiced player was on the field. There has been a lot of people getting caught this year which means teams probably aren't talking to their players about not using steroids. If the league started making the teams more responsible and possably the teams doing their own testing as well as the league testing then the use might come down more, IMO.

SteelerDan43
10-23-2006, 01:51 PM
What a cheater! They should start penalizing teams by taking away victories they may have had during the time the juiced player was on the field. There has been a lot of people getting caught this year which means teams probably aren't talking to their players about not using steroids. If the league started making the teams more responsible and possably the teams doing their own testing as well as the league testing then the use might come down more, IMO.

I dont think it is a case of being the teams fault as they have been tested since they were playing in college.

AZ_Steeler
10-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Very true, I'm just saying maybe if the league started penalizing the teams for using juiced players then maybe teams would start to take a tougher stand as an organization and provide more training, seminars or wahtever to try and reduce the amoutn of people juicing up.

I know it would be hard to penalize teams, it's just my :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2006, 03:07 PM
There is no excuse that a player can give these days saying that they didnt know it was a banned substance, or that a med. they are taking may have certain parts of a banned substance. Ignorance is no excuse anymore than just flat out taking something will fully either.

Every time in every sport has trainers and doctors and they know what is banned and what is ok. Its a simple matter of checking out what you take before you start taking it.