PDA

View Full Version : Titans Albert Haynesworth and Vanden Bosh out until playoffs

BlackGold4vr
12-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Having watched the Titans game and witnessed the dogpile of players that caved Alberts leg in from the side, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he won't be playing this Sunday. I will be surprised if he plays again this year at all. That injury had ligament damage written all over it. The last time I saw a similar injury it was Kimo Van Ol Hoffen rolling up Carson Palmers leg. I take no pleasure in Alberts injury, but having said that he was having a DPOY kind of season. Tennessee playing without Albert is not the same team. Not only is he the anchor of the Titans defense but he is one of their team leaders. This will give our offense a much better chance of establishing a run and lessen the pressure on passing downs. Let's face it Albert is a beast to block and eats up two blockers the same way Casey Hampton does for us. No team has players of this caliber sitting on their bench. I like our chances against the Titans! :yesnod:

ejsteeler
12-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah, that was an ugly looking roll. Hie knee will not be ready for Sunday, no way. Good for us. Bring out some new plays and roll over the tight-ins. :cope:

AZ_Steeler
12-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Ouch!! I just watched the video of the injury and that doesn't look good at all... talk about wrong place at the wrong time...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah that was ugly, they were saying last night on NFLN that it looked pretty bad and his status would be re-evaluated this week after tests are done and such. We've played against the best defenses in the league all year long so this one will be nothing different. Their defense doesn't scare the Steelers anymore than anyone else's would so it is what it is.

They're pass rush and ability to stop the run will be affected atleast somewhat but they get no sympathy from us, we've had more than our share of injuries all year long.

steelers4life66
12-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Having watched the Titans game and witnessed the dogpile of players that caved Alberts leg in from the side, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he won't be playing this Sunday. I will be surprised if he plays again this year at all. That injury had ligament damage written all over it. The last time I saw a similar injury it was Kimo Van Ol Hoffen rolling up Carson Palmers leg. I take no pleasure in Alberts injury, but having said that he was having a DPOY kind of season. Tennessee playing without Albert is not the same team. Not only is he the anchor of the Titans defense but he is one of their team leaders. This will give our offense a much better chance of establishing a run and lessen the pressure on passing downs. Let's face it Albert is a beast to block and eats up two blockers the same way Casey Hampton does for us. No team has players of this caliber sitting on their bench. I like our chances against the Titans! :yesnod:
I watched that game also. They where in Collins face most of the game. With our D, I like our chances too my friend.:yellowthumb:

scott0326
12-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I really doubt he plays this week, that injury didn't look to good..

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2008, 04:26 PM
For the first time this year Collins looked like the guy we're used to seeing. The one that makes some bad decisions when under pressure from a good defense. With our pass rush I don't have a problem with us against their offense. We still need to be on our toes and we need to throw everything we can at them to make sure they don't get on a roll. Stop the run plain and simple. If their 2 backs get going it will be trouble. We've stopped it all year long so our guys will be ready for it Im sure.

This should also be another low scoring game I would imagine and what better time for us to break out more of a no huddle offense and pick up the tempo to put that defense on their heels than this week when both teams are playing for the same thing. Not that Arians will ever do it though...

jpele
12-15-2008, 04:54 PM
I liked our chances before the injury. Another controversy you beat us because....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Just heard on Sirius that Fisher said it's an MCL sprain; saying he'll be out 10 days to 2 weeks depending on how fast he heels. So he'll be out this week.

Layin the wood
12-15-2008, 06:58 PM
The injury did look pretty bad. Tough break for the Titans!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-15-2008, 07:05 PM
I really have don't feel sorry for Albert Haynesworth and I do think justice was served some what....Remember this is the same player that stomped on the Cowbay's centers face a few years back........So I hope he is done for the year.....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't like him at all either, he gets no sympathy from me any number of reasons. He's a cheap shot artist and a dirty player. I don't care if he plays or not, we will take care of business next week.

LatrobePA
12-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Both will be out this week and the last game of the season....

What does this mean for us???

DIESELMAN
12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Both will be out this week and the last game of the season....

What does this mean for us???
It means our running game will open up, especially with Fat Albert sitting out.

LatrobePA
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
It means our running game will open up, especially with Fat Albert sitting out.

That could be a good thing! :tt02:

Steel Trap86
12-15-2008, 07:47 PM
It means the Steelers should be the first place team in the AFC after sunday

Ambridge
12-15-2008, 07:52 PM
I'd rather see Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch both playing.
Just for the simple fact that if the Steelers offensive line plays against them one time they might not get their A-holes ripped to bad if they see them a second time.

DIESELMAN
12-15-2008, 07:54 PM
I'd rather see Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch both playing.
Just for the simple fact that if the Steelers offensive line plays against them one time they might not get their A-holes ripped to bad if they see them a second time.
Yeah me too, plus the fact no one would be throwing that excuse around when we win.

LatrobePA
12-15-2008, 08:01 PM
IMO, the Cowboys, Rats, Pats all have better D's...Look what the boys did last night, hell our patched together line held up better than the world champs!! I like our chances with or without!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2008, 08:45 PM
We've run into this before, we play teams and win and somebody from their team is out and then they make excuses blah blah blah...whatever, we've played against good teams and great players and still won so whatever. You want to play against the best and win but at the same times teams that have beaten us can say the same thing when Parker, Holmes, Heath, whoever is out so it balances out.

Troyisabeast_43
12-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Tell the Titans if they are going to already start making excuses to get some depth like the Steelers have not just on defense but all the way across the board. The Steelers have had guys out such as Keisel,Hampton,McFadden,Clark,Townsend, and Woodley on defense all of them with the exception of Woodley I believe have missed at least 2-3 games and all of them are key components on the Steelers D. And on offense they have had guys out such as Parker for pretty much half the year and Mendenhall who was their number one pick and suppose to fill in for Parker when he went down. Heath Miller for a few games,the o-line has been shuffled around all year long,Holmes missed the one game because of the drug thing. The list goes on and on. Good teams overcome these injuries and find ways to win despite them. The not so good teams use injuries as excuses like I am sure the Titans will do once the Steelers beat them on Sunday.

The Titans are a team I dont fear at all and even when they were unbeaten early on and midway through the year I knew at some point they would come back down to earth. If you watched the Titans like I have every week they really started getting cocky when they were 10-0 after they beat Jacksonville back in mid-November. The following week they ended up getting their asses handed to them by the Jets by 21 points in Nashville. They also started writing 10-0 on pieces of paper after they would win each week, and Jevon Kearse would put a dash between his number 90 on his jersey in reference to when the Titans were 9-0. They also seemed satisfied by winning the AFC South last week when they beat the Browns and then they gave Fisher a gatorade bath. That shows me right there that they were content with just winning the division and really nothing else. You didnt see Tomlin getting no gatorade bath yesterday because this Steelers team knows that while winning the AFC North is a great accomplishment, it is far from the kind of crown,title and hardware that they are looking for when all is said and done.

DIESELMAN
12-15-2008, 11:03 PM
They also seemed satisfied by winning the AFC South last week when they beat the Browns and then they gave Fisher a gatorade bath. That shows me right there that they were content with just winning the division and really nothing else. You didnt see Tomlin getting no gatorade bath yesterday because this Steelers team knows that while winning the AFC North is a great accomplishment, it is far from the kind of crown,title and hardware that they are looking for when all is said and done.
:plus1:

Another 1 year wonder team like the Bungholes and Browns, who have no clue what it takes to be a consistent winner in this league. Act like you've been here before, but that only works for teams who have been here before. **** the Titans!!!

BlackGold4vr
12-16-2008, 10:40 AM
The Steelers will win out and finish 13-3, the Titans will lose out and finish 12-4. We will secure the #1 seed and we will not see the Titans again. They will not make it to Pittsburgh for the AFC championship game. We will more than likely be facing the Colts in the championship game. Titans are fading and were never as good as their record indicated. :yellowthumb: