PDA

View Full Version : Steelers offense not peaked yet! (good thing)

LatrobePA
12-15-2008, 12:59 AM
That's right, IMO we are far from peaked, which isn't a bad thing.

Look at NY Giants, Titans, Bucs....The list goes on, they are on a downward spiral right now.

The fact is we are winning ball games with a **** poor offense...Ones gotta think that our O has to start clicking soon! Granted we have played no doubt the toughest D's in the league to date, I still feel we will start clicking and make a run!!

Good win today, but I can't say my heart liked it!!:cope::tt02:

blackngold29
12-15-2008, 01:01 AM
You are correct, but the offense needs to show some sign that they can put together multiple touchdown drives in the same game very soon. Next week would be nice, and if we can't do it against the Browns we need some help.

Koopa
12-15-2008, 01:02 AM
while that may be true, can we actually reach our peak?? we keep sneaking out these wins.........but can it continue, it's hard to picture our offense getting better when they haven't even shown signs of coming together and matching what the defense is doing

LatrobePA
12-15-2008, 01:14 AM
while that may be true, can we actually reach our peak?? we keep sneaking out these wins.........but can it continue, it's hard to picture our offense getting better when they haven't even shown signs of coming together and matching what the defense is doing

I agree 100% with you. I just keep looking at all the weapons we have and feel it'll happen! We are for sure running out of time.

Lets hope we can start this weekend!:bunny::banana:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-15-2008, 01:21 AM
All it takes is one game fellas for the offense to start clicking.....I really think if the Steelers actually had an OL that was any good and had the stones to dominate a front 7 of a defense then you would see the full potential of this offense......Alan Faneca proved to be a big loss for this team....Now I didn't want the Steelers to break the bank to sign an aging OG that is on the down side of his career.....But its clear the OL is even worse this year without him.....Hartwig has been an upgrade over Sean Mahan but that is not saying much.....I still don't see the dominating play from the center postition that we're acustomed to seeing through out the years from the center position....Hartwig has been solid but still it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the center position in the draft......

Moondog
12-15-2008, 01:37 AM
I just keep my fingers crossed that the offense can get started on a roll. Man, wouldn't it be nice if the Steelers could actually get an early lead on a team?

Stairwayto7
12-15-2008, 06:37 AM
We are getting healthy at the right time. With McFadden back and getting the dust blown off, our defense only needs Keisel back. We need Kiesel to get a game under his belt.
The biggest injury so far, who would have thought, we were hurt more because we lost our punter for the year. And it would be great to have Mendnhall.

But overall, we are starting to peak at the right time, and we are getting back to full strength.

Here We Go Steelers!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2008, 09:34 AM
It's about time we can say that we're starting to get healthy. We just need to stay that way and keep our best players on the field the rest of the way out. Once Keisel gets back we'll be at full strength this year and our DL should be even better with having the regular rotation of players going again.

DIESELMAN
12-15-2008, 09:57 AM
With our DL back up to strength, it will be a different story then last year when we had to rag tag it in the playoffs. Even with Keisel out, our D presents a lot of problems to opposing offenses.

AZ_Steeler
12-15-2008, 11:36 AM
The offense has been stagnant now for far too long and something has got to give. I don't think it's because a lack of weapons or the offense line. Can it all be Big Ben? Is he over thinking too much and not letting the game come to him? Is it the play calling or the things they are practicing during the week? It's really hard to say but you have to think the light bulb has got to turn on soon and when it does I feel sorry for the team standing in front of the Steelers because they will be dangerous and won't be stopped...

AZ_Steeler
12-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Looks like they were hoping Keisel would be able to play against the Ravens, so hopefully he'll be back for the Titans game.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Considering we've won 4 games in a row with an offense that has done just enough for the most part in those wins there is no better time than the present. Let's face it here boys we've played against the best in the league all year long. Did we really expect our offense to have prolific numbers in the stat column? We would hope so yes but the reality is when you play that many good teams week in and week out you aren't going to have the greatest numbers in the league in our style of offense. Thank goodness for our defense keeping us in the games that have been close and we all know there's been alot of those. Are we peaking right now, I don't know but we're headed in a positive direction every week so that's a good sign.

igor0190
12-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Just imagine what our defense would do to other teams with a 2 TD lead!
Ben needs to start trating the first drive of the game as being crucial to there success. Because when we play a team like the Colts, a lead is crucial.

jpele
12-16-2008, 09:52 AM
I think they should give Holmes his weed back, the guy has been very inconsistent
since he was busted.

Our running game is killing us and I don't see it getting any better,we need a healthy Parker,and there's no way he gets back to 100% playing every week.

Our receivers have to get into the game early ,not wait for the second half to concentrate on what their doing, the Ravens game may have been a lot different without all the drops and fumbles in the first half.

On a positive note,our O'line has shown improvement, if you look at the sacks the Cowboys and Ravens were getting the past few weeks and look at what we gave up you have to agree.

drucifer
12-16-2008, 09:59 AM
On a positive note,our O'line has shown improvement, if you look at the sacks the Cowboys and Ravens were getting the past few weeks and look at what we gave up you have to agree.

And agree I do! I was pleasantly surprised by their performance Sunday. There were plays when I caught myself saying "damn, that protection ain't bad!", which is a far cry from "damn, now what's gonna happen?!?".

steel-tex
12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
IM NOT GETTIN ALL HAPPY FOR A ONE TOUCHDOWN A GAME O - CRAPPY LINE, CRAPPY BRUCE, CALLIN CRAPPY PLAYS. ALSO IM ALL FOR (POTHEAD) TOKE-IN ALITTLE IN HIS CAR - I THINK HE DID PLAY BETTER BEFORE THE BUST!! OUR D HAS 1 BAD GAME AND WERE TOAST. (THEY CALL ME BRUCE) NEEDS TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS BUTT AND CALL SOME PLAYS THAT WILL PUT OUR O IN A POSITION TO SUCCEED.

BlitzburghNation
12-16-2008, 10:15 PM
The cure is right in front of them,,,,,,,Just base our offense on what they done on the last drive against them rats :popcorn:

Short passing game,,,,Keep moving them chains,,,,,Long clock eating drives,finished with a touchdown,"maybe this will be our breakout week" :crossfingers:

ejsteeler
12-17-2008, 10:26 AM
The cure is right in front of them,,,,,,,Just base our offense on what they done on the last drive against them rats :popcorn:

Short passing game,,,,Keep moving them chains,,,,,Long clock eating drives,finished with a touchdown,"maybe this will be our breakout week" :crossfingers:

:ditto: It would not be a bad time at all....:cope: