PDA

View Full Version : Go Kenny Rogers & The Tigers!~

Steelerlyn
10-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Well, let's hope the Tigers do better this time:)

AZ_Steeler
10-22-2006, 08:36 PM
They should, they just had to long of a layoff last game. Plus tonights it's cold and might rain so it's gotta be in the Tigers favor!

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-22-2006, 09:52 PM
2-0 Tigers in the fifth. :tt02:

Prosdo
10-23-2006, 01:16 AM
What was this about Kenny Rogers should have been thrown out of the game?I heard it on ESPN quickly and didn't catch it all.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-23-2006, 10:05 AM
A brown smudge on Rogers throwing hand. That was there in the first inning. Although he did wash it off. Between the first and second innings.

Prosdo
10-23-2006, 02:28 PM
I see. So he really should have been throw out since a foreign substance was on his hands. I heard it happened during other rounds of the playoffs?

SteelerDan43
10-23-2006, 02:58 PM
It appeared he had pinetar on his hand and on the back of his hat and possibly under the bill which would make the movement of the ball increase. And it is illegal though its losely enforced and usually goes unoticed.

Steelerlyn
10-23-2006, 10:07 PM
You know these ESPN guys gotta make a story. They all think the Reds or the Yankees should be in this Series.

When the Cardinals got in, that was wonderful news to many baseball fans!
When the Tigers got in , it was a bleep.

Whether I am a fan of a sport in Michigan or not, I will stick up for all of them.
For some reason, these people do not like Detriot sports, they don't like the Wingz, the Pistons, the Tigers, the Lions or any sport that comes out of this state, I am sick to death of it.

Michigan has produced many, many NFL, NBA, MLB, and all other pro sports, over the years. We are very proud of the athletic ability that comes from this state, we have University of Michigan (Larry Foote, Tom Brady & so many more Pro Football players), Michigan State University (Ervin "Magic" Johnson, for basketball and MANY more basketball players, Buress and a ton more NFL), then there is Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan & Western Michigan. That is not naming Michigan Institute of Technology, Cooley Law School which is a nationally known school for law students. We have all this and more.

Now, regarding Kenny Rogers I don't know how this will play out, but it doesn't look good as far as his guilt/innocence at least as far as the 1st inning, but he's shut them out thru 8 innings and he had clearly washed whatever it was off after the 1st inning . Kenny says it was dirt, it was cold weather, etc. He's a pitcher ... his hands are his living ... the umps didn't do anything and if it is like the refs in football, if they don't do anything, the NFL can't do anything so the MLB won't be able to do anything.

So, why don't all you people who love to rip on Michigan sports, accept the fact that for the last 20 odd years the Tigers have been on the botton, until the Tigers put out the money and hired Leyland, he gave these kids hope, motivation, inspiration and a respect for themselves and one another that all of us here in Michigan have seen all season. If they win, so be it, Leyland & those kids deserve it. If they lose it is back to the drawing board, but we will be back.

I believe he was asked to wash it off because there were questions raised by the St. Louis team. To alleviate those concerns, the umpire just requested that Kenny clean his hand, so that the Cardinals would be happy.

It all went in the W column, nothing else matters. We all take a W any way we can get it. If he was cheating, he would've been ejected immediately. He wasn't, thus he wasn't cheating.

Go Tigers!~

Steelerlyn
10-23-2006, 10:08 PM
the Braves pitcher, John Smoltz, went to high school here

SteelerDan43
10-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Kenny Rogers deserves every bit of criticism he derserves. He has been a jerk for his entire carrer punctuated by the Camera incident in Texas. For the most part people outside of Missouri want the Tigers to win, especially in the PGH area. If it was cheating it was cheating, not unprecidented in baseball but its still wrong.

Steelerlyn
10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Biggest pysch job ever. Kenny didnt have anything illegal on his hand, but had the appearance of such. Cards batters are so concerned with his "cheating" that they forget to actually play the game. Great job by the Gambler. I am not really interested in is personality, I just want someone who knows how to get a W in the column. Ethics and sports don't mix LOL:lol:

Steelerlyn
10-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Kenny Rogers deserves every bit of criticism he derserves. He has been a jerk for his entire carrer punctuated by the Camera incident in Texas. For the most part people outside of Missouri want the Tigers to win, especially in the PGH area. If it was cheating it was cheating, not unprecidented in baseball but its still wrong.

You are right there! There were 6 KC Chiefs fans at out tailgate and they were also staying in the same hotel, they are definitely Cardinal fans !~

SteelerDan43
10-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Biggest pysch job ever. Kenny didnt have anything illegal on his hand, but had the appearance of such.

We will never know if he did as he did wash most of it off. I would like to take a look at his hat as well as he has been using next years hat this year with the black underbill as opposed to the gray which shows everything, he also went to the back of his hat alot. The pinetar happens alot in cold weather when its hard to get a grip on the ball its just magnified in the WS because every one is watching. A lot of people get away with it still doesnt make it right though.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
We will never know if he did as he did wash most of it off. I would like to take a look at his hat as well as he has been using next years hat this year with the black underbill as opposed to the gray which shows everything, he also went to the back of his hat alot. The pinetar happens alot in cold weather when its hard to get a grip on the ball its just magnified in the WS because every one is watching. A lot of people get away with it still doesnt make it right though.

Kenny Rogers used pine tar, boo freaking hoo. How many cards and tigers players are juicing?

Steelerlyn
10-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Go Tigers, beat the Cardinals! Tonight it starts at 8:05pm EST, many of us will be here cheering for you!~ Take Game 3!~

Roar

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-26-2006, 09:07 PM
1-0 Tigers in the bottom of the second. On a home run by sean casey.

SteelerDan43
10-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Kenny Rogers used pine tar, boo freaking hoo. How many cards and tigers players are juicing?

Well with the new testing which Im betting will be more often during the playoffs (as in D1) not to many if at all... What the hell does that have to do with Kenny Rogers cheating???

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Players cheat. Have been doing it for years, pinetar, steroids, Who cares.

House of Steel
10-26-2006, 10:47 PM
You got that right, look at the main suspect, Dirty Boy in the Bay, aka Barry Bonds.

SteelerDan43
10-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Pinetar is much different than steroids, Pinetar is illegal yes but not as bad as steroids. Steroids is just not having respect for the game. Pinetar is along the same lines as the spit ball and scuffing the balls. Which are all illegal and cheating!!

Prosdo
10-28-2006, 02:15 AM
Congrats to the Cardinals for winning the WS!

Steelersfan
10-28-2006, 02:20 AM
Yup! The Tigers just made too many mistakes. The Cards deserved to win this.

House of Steel
10-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Congrats to Tony LaRussa and Albert Pujols. The World Champions St. Louis Cardinals deserve every ounce of that Championship.