PDA

View Full Version : Can the Steelers defense keep doing it?

Stairwayto7
12-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks to the offense and special teams, they had great field position every time. Imagine what the score would be if our D sucked.

Zachintosh66
12-14-2008, 08:48 PM
i agree, i agree

santonio was horrible and that TD catch i was shocked they overturned it in our favor

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah but you know what bro, they did it again. They keep playing like beasts and they still keep making play after play to put our offense in the best possible situations to try and be successful. Whether or not the offense does anything you have to just love watching our D just never ever give up and come through for us.

jpele
12-14-2008, 08:58 PM
i agree, i agree

santonio was horrible and that TD catch i was shocked they overturned it in our favor

I wasn't shocked, Holmes was one yard deep in the end zone, the officials screwed up the first time.

Holmes did have a bad game, as a matter of fact,he's been screwing up the past few games.

Koopa
12-14-2008, 08:59 PM
yeah they can keep doign this bend don't break bullshit, it sucks we can't make stops before they get in field goal range, but maybe they can improve and make stops, our offense sucks *** but they never have great field position cause our defense can't get off the field till they've allowed 3 points, sure 3 is better then 7, but still, i don't understand why we can't consistently stop teams from driving to field goal range............

Black@Gold Forever32
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
yeah they can keep doign this bend don't break bullshiat, it sucks we can't make stops before they get in field goal range, but maybe they can improve and make stops, our offense sucks *** but they never have great field position cause our defense can't get off the field till they've allowed 3 points, sure 3 is better then 7, but still, i don't understand why we can't consistently stop teams from driving to field goal range............

I understand your complaints Koopa........Dude I started a thread stating I wanted a damn shut out....lol But you know what the D is holding teams to three and that is huge since the offense can't score more then 1 TD a game at this point in the season....You really can't complain about the D when week in and week out for the past two months they have held teams to around 10 points week in and week out......I think they're doing a great job but a damn shut out would be freaking sweet.....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
As long as they keep doing it we'll have a chance to win it's as simple as that. Once again the offense just needs to keep trying and plugging away at it and hopefully they can keep doing enough to get us points. In all honesty though the way these guys played inspired football every time, week in and week out, you just have to believe they are something special the likes of which we haven't seen in a long long time.

Harrison was held in check today but others stepped up like Smith, Clark, Gay, Farrior, the list goes on and on.

steelers4life66
12-14-2008, 09:37 PM
As long as they keep doing it we'll have a chance to win it's as simple as that. Once again the offense just needs to keep trying and plugging away at it and hopefully they can keep doing enough to get us points. In all honesty though the way these guys played inspired football every time, week in and week out, you just have to believe they are something special the likes of which we haven't seen in a long long time.

Harrison was held in check today but others stepped up like Smith, Clark, Gay, Farrior, the list goes on and on.
Not since 2005 anyways.:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2008, 10:40 PM
I would take this defense over the 2005 unit in a hot second. They were good no doubt, good enough to do more than their part in many a win but this unit is just absolutely something special that Im not anyone can comprehend just yet. What they've been able to do week in and week without falter, without fail, continuing to make play after play and come up with clutch stops when they absolutely have too is just amazing to say the very least.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-14-2008, 10:41 PM
The Defense has been doing it since week one:tt02:, it has five more games to do it:yellowthumb:, Remember Defense wins Championships:cope:

AZ_Steeler
12-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks to the offense and special teams, they had great field position every time. Imagine what the score would be if our D sucked.

Imagine what the score would be if the Steelers offense was remotely respectable!

DIESELMAN
12-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Imagine what the score would be if the Steelers offense was remotely respectable!
No doubt....If our offense would be playing all 4 Q's, our D would be even better. We haven't had a big lead to where our D could pin their ears back and really unleash some hell. Our O has the weapons to take it to anyone, its a shame we only wait till the 4th Q to play ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2008, 10:51 AM
As long as Lebeau is the coach and these guys keep playing inspired football like they have been the defense will not fail us in keeping the team in games and giving our offense a chance to succeed. The way they play I wouldn't put it past them to do so but im sure they'd like to see the offense not wait till the last damn minutes of the game to finally score and get the win once in a while.

JensK
12-15-2008, 12:32 PM
I just watched the game again. You have to give probs to the ravens o-line. They played one helluva game! But, it was far from impossible to break through it. Imho, we simply were to passive with the blitz. All we pretty much did was to make a cornor blitz now or then, but the rest of the plays would be with Harrison and Woodley rushing and rest took care of the run. I counted two times where Timmons was lined up next to Woodley as a rusher and one of the times he was in the air when Flacco flew the ball, and the second time Flacco got hit. Now i do realise that you have to be carefull against Ravens since they'll run you over if you don't watch out, but i still think we need to be pull a few more all out blitzes. Especially when Harrison and Woodley was being doubled teamed almost throughout the game.

AZ_Steeler
12-15-2008, 12:51 PM
During the game they mentioned the Ravens dumped a TE in favor of an extra tackle to help neutralize Harrison... If that is the case hopefully other teams can't afford to follow suit and Harrison can continue to do what he does best. When you think about it the Ravens pretty much live and die by the run because Flacco doesn't have what it takes yet to win it through the air for the Ravens yet, which is why they didn't need the extra TE/WR.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2008, 01:02 PM
No we didn't miss blitzes, it's just that the Ravens were in a max protect scheme all day long. They had that xtra TE in there to block on Harrison all day long so they sacrificed an additional receiver most of the game in order to keep the pressure off Flacco and to try and run the ball. That was their plan and you could see they doubled Harrison almost the whole game or they would run that unbalanced line to Harrisons side to try and get him caught up in multiple bodies so he couldn't break through.

In the process though they hung themselves because our DB's were all over the Raven WR's all day long and while they did get some yards on the ground it wasn't a dominating run game by any means.