PDA

View Full Version : HELP Me decide on a jersey!!!

$teelersRule
12-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I cant decide what jersey to get for christmas this year from my parents!! I only have a Farrior jersey now. The choices are Big Ben, Ward, Troy, Harrison, and Woodley. I have no idea what one to get. I am getting a real one so i want someone who is going to retire a steeler, i made that mistake with Randel El... so what do you all think? :cope::cope:

scottbe
12-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I cant decide what jersey to get for christmas this year from my parents!! I only have a Farrior jersey now. The choices are Big Ben, Ward, Troy, Harrison, and Woodley. I have no idea what one to get. I am getting a real one so i want someone who is going to retire a steeler, i made that mistake with Randel El... so what do you all think? :cope::cope:

harrison or ward:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2008, 10:28 PM
You can't go wrong with Ward or Ben. Personally I'd get a Harrison jersey but then again I generally prefer defensive player jerseys. Farrior is a good choice too.

K Train
12-13-2008, 10:30 PM
woodley

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Dude with the type of season James Harrison is having and he really represents Steelers football you have to have to with a James Harrison jersey.....Really Troy and Woodley you can't go wrong with either or Ben, Hines......

I want a James Harrison jersey but I won't spend 300 bucks for a jersey....I buy my jerseys off ebay and they're really close to the authentic jerseys you buy at the store....I have bought a Ben, Hines, Holmes, and Joey Porter jersey's in the past and the most I paid for one jersey is 40 bucks.....

K Train
12-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Dude with the type of season James Harrison is having and he really represents Steelers football you have to have to with a James Harrison jersey.....Really Troy and Woodley you can't go wrong with either or Ben, Hines......

I want a James Harrison jersey but I won't spend 300 bucks for a jersey....I buy my jerseys off ebay and they're really close to the authentic jerseys you buy at the store....I have bought a Ben, Hines, Holmes, and Joey Porter jersey's in the past and the most I paid for one jersey is 40 bucks.....

word. ebay is the way to go for a nice jersey...my next one will be woodley without a doubt

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2008, 10:44 PM
word. ebay is the way to go for a nice jersey...my next one will be woodley without a doubt

Nice choice.....I have been looking for a Harrison and Woodley on ebay......I would also like an Aaron Smith jersey but I bet we will never see one on ebay......

HUNT4SEVEN
12-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Harrison or Ward or Woodley:yellowthumb: man tough decision:yesnod:, I couldn't decide which one i wanted so i got Ward, woodley, Timmons, Holmes,an Troy an i'll probably get an Harrison also:lol:

yinzer
12-13-2008, 11:44 PM
gotta go with a Big Ben! he's the franchise and he'll be here for a while!

BlackGold4vr
12-14-2008, 12:05 AM

If it were me its a no brainer. #92, its the next #58 (if you know what I mean).

Harrison is the leading contender for DPOY and his second straight pro-bowl.

He is the next Jack Lambert or Greg Lloyd IMO. :2cents:

BlitzburghNation
12-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Depends are you a Defense guy or offense guy :popcorn:

I've always loved watching our "D" So my next one will be Harrison or Woodley

I'd just go with the player I love watching the most :bigtumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2008, 03:34 AM
If it were me its a no brainer. #92, its the next #58 (if you know what I mean).

Harrison is the leading contender for DPOY and his second straight pro-bowl.

He is the next Jack Lambert or Greg Lloyd IMO. :2cents:

No doubt, you can't go wrong with a Lambert or Lloyd one for sure.

snowman79
12-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Big Ben, Harrison or Ward mate cant go wrong with any of them.

Im glad to say i am the proud owner of the following :

Big Ben (away)
Parker (75th anniversary)
Polamalu x 2 (superbowl XL & 75th)
Hampton (away)
Swan (home)
Bradshaw (away)
Harris (Immaculate Reception Commemerative jersey)
Greene (away)
Ward (Superbowl XL)
Bettis (Superbowl XL)
Faneca (Pro Bowl 2006)
Holmes (Signed)

Hoping :santa2: is bring me a Woodley or a Harrison

JensK
12-14-2008, 06:47 AM

Big Ben (away)
Hampton (away)
Swan (home)
Bradshaw (away)
Greene (away)
Ward (Superbowl XL)
Bettis (Superbowl XL)
Faneca (Pro Bowl 2006)
Holmes (Signed)

oh wow, thats great! I've only got a Polamalu and a Big Ben (away), which i've snacked when i was out watching a game (been to two games so yeah.. :P). The Polamalu got for free. This really nice guy told me that there was no-way in hell i could travel all the way from Denmark to the states to watch football without having a shirt, so he gave me his.. Thats Steeler Nation for you!

I want a terrible towel sometime :/ its just god damn impossible to get in Europe :(

Stairwayto7
12-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Woodley, got to go with youth, that way you get more time out of your jersey.

blackngold29
12-14-2008, 11:27 AM
I would probably say Harrison because lots of people have Ben and Ward. I wanted a Chidi Iowuma jersey a few years ago, but got Troy instead, so I'm pretty happy with that.

BR7
12-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I despise jersey shopping, I mull over it for weeks on end.. lol. I too want a current player who will retire a Steeler, but that's a crap shoot. My next authentic that I wan't is a Miller away jersey. I also want a Woodson (authentic throw) away jersey.

My authentics that I own..
http://www.hockeywidgets.com/hockeyfan/players/UN6997.pnghttp://www.hockeywidgets.com/hockeyfan/players/U2016.pnghttp://www.hockeywidgets.com/hockeyfan/players/U2383.png
http://www.hockeywidgets.com/hockeyfan/players/U2134.pnghttp://www.hockeywidgets.com/hockeyfan/players/U2210.png

Also have too many to list in the non authentic variety, lol.. some not even proud to admit I have bought, lol.

Mitchell & Ness (http://news.steelers.com/article/97476/) are making the "Batman" throwbacks ('67), but they aren't "accurate." They didn't have the names on the backs in '67, so IMO they look gay like that. I wan't to get one of those but I dunno if you can get one without the name. Player I'd get would be Russell.

DIESELMAN
12-14-2008, 11:51 AM

Big Ben (away)
Hampton (away)
Swan (home)
Bradshaw (away)
Greene (away)
Ward (Superbowl XL)
Bettis (Superbowl XL)
Faneca (Pro Bowl 2006)
Holmes (Signed)

Sweet!!! I have Lambert, Woodley, Harrison, Farrior, Polamalu and Timmons.....

JensK
12-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Sweet!!! I have Lambert, Woodley, Harrison, Farrior, Polamalu and Timmons.....

Where is the Foote one?! You need to compelete that LB corpse set! :P

DIESELMAN
12-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Where is the Foote one?! You need to compelete that LB corpse set! :P
ehhh....I'm set :greengrin:

JensK
12-14-2008, 12:25 PM
ehhh....I'm set :greengrin:

Haha yeah.. I guees next year Timmons will start instead of Foote anyways :)

$teelersRule
12-14-2008, 12:27 PM
so i kinda have it narrowed down to woodley and harrison... i think woodley will be around longer than harrison for years to come... but harrison is having a season for the ages! haha. thanks for all the input everyone!:grin1:

yinzer
12-14-2008, 12:36 PM
i actually was sporting my lee flowers jersey the other day!

Callax
04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I would say in this order:
Ben
Troy
Harrison

Ben will be here till he retires and that will be in another 10-15 years

Troy is just a stud and will be here a long time also
you cannot go wrong on either of these guys
Harrison is also gonna retire a steeler but he won't be here more than 6 years max due to his age ( 30)

good choice on any of these three!

0311grunt4ever
04-02-2009, 09:02 AM
My boy Heath is my only choice, even though he may not retire a Steeler, I still don the Jersey.

He's in no way subpar, but I wish he had bigger numbers to reflect his abilities.

That, and the jersey is pretty decent quality. Got it at a store in Robinson mall near the burgh. only $90, but it's gonna last.

TampaSteelGirl
04-02-2009, 02:52 PM
My boy Heath is my only choice, even though he may not retire a Steeler, I still don the Jersey.

He's in no way subpar, but I wish he had bigger numbers to reflect his abilities.

That, and the jersey is pretty decent quality. Got it at a store in Robinson mall near the burgh. only $90, but it's gonna last.

I agree here...he's my next jersey although I do want a Troy one too...I have one black and one white Hines and last year I bought my black Ben.. I wait till the summer and you can get jerseys 50% off....Im either getting a Heath or Troy...usually I just wear the one all year...