PDA

View Full Version : any positives???

Koopa
10-22-2006, 05:32 PM
for me it's big ben....great game today, to bad he got knocked the **** out

holmes had a good catching game, he fumbled but who didn't?? lol

batch showed he's a good back up to have

hines had a badass game, he fumbled too, just heath got it

we finally got the ball to heath in the endzone...i was beginning to think we forgot he was on our team

nate is coming out, i know i blamed him for the loss but, over all he's been badass for us

troy is starting to play like his old self, i guess he's now comfortable with clark back there with im, i remember him saying he was gonna play more conservative with the new guys back there

oh, and we're still better then the browns who are down 10-0 at half lol

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Well Big Ben playing great is a real positive. He is looking like a franchise QB. My only complaint. I wish Ben wouldn't hang in there so long and take the hits. Its clear how important he is to the Steelers. Even though Batch played very well when Ben was injured. The Steelers are a completely different team with Big Ben under center and playing well.

The whole WR core is starting to come together. Thats great to see that. But I'm sorry Holmes fumbling can not be ignored anymore. That needs to stop quick. I know Willie Parker and Hines Ward fumbled also. But Holmes has done it every week. But the whole special teams sucks right now. I would like to see Kevin Spencer fired. This is getting to be a joke.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2006, 05:50 PM
The way the offense played has to be considered a positive!! 38 points should win you a game.
Holmes is helping to improve the passing game,but sucks on punts,at least for now. It looked like they shut him down after the fumble, told him to fair catch the ball.

Koopa
10-22-2006, 05:54 PM
well wen willie ried is healthy again we better f'king use him....he avg. 11 yards, even though it was only one run lol

SteelerFan87
10-22-2006, 06:15 PM
I agree Ben looks alot better. I don't think he's quite at the top of his game yet, but he's getting there. Hopefully this injury doesn't set him back at all.

Holmes and Washington have shown alot of potential. They're still young, and are by no means perfect, so I'm not ready to say that they're great or anything, but they clearly have potential. Holmes in particular seems to be progressing faster than I thought. Now we just need to teach him to hold onto the ball.

Hines was starting to **** me off a bit with those 2 drops in a row, but then he goes out and totally redeems himself with that nice TD catch and run, with his shoe falling off!

We did finally pass a bit to Heath, but it still wasn't enough. He is a good weapon, and we need to get him more involved in the offense. Other teams have been kicking our asses with tight ends, so it's about time we start using ours.

Troy and Clark have been very good ever since Troy got healthy. They've been almost our whole defense. Now we just need Deshea and McFadden to step it up so we can get off the field on 3rd down.

House of Steel
10-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Simply put, Ben Roethlisberger played his heart out today, and I give him the game ball personally.

SteelerFan87
10-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I've got another positive to add to the list:

We play the Raiders next week. :lol:

House of Steel
10-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Raiders are kicking the Cardinals ***!!! Dude, I am not counting any games on our schedule easy wins. Not after today's pathetic proformance.

PITT23
10-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Ward seemed to be getting open today and the entire WR group looked better than they have all season, even though Atlanta had Hall at CB.

AZ_Steeler
10-22-2006, 08:47 PM
I think you pretty covered everything Koopa. Ben has definitely been bad *** the past 2 weeks, 5 TD's in 2 games and a ridiculous passer rating 150 something??? (Didn't look it up but I know it's gotta be up there).

Washington is really looking good too, but I can't really blame him for the game had Batch just waited another second or to everything would have been fine.

We all knew the WR's would show up when Ben started playing like himself, it all starts with a QB full of confidence and Ben is there now, hopefully he is ready to go next week.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 09:15 PM
That's a good analysis koopa :yesnod: We had positives today. The was resiliant and fought back and fought back and we scored alot of points but like we talked about earlier this team isnt good enough to overcome all the mistakes.

Koopa
10-22-2006, 09:59 PM
but we did overcome just about all our mistakes, we just didn't overcome the **** up on the spiked ball, even with all the turnovers we were able to come back and tie it up......just bad time management with the timeouts, and a then them getting all nervous and ****ing up on the damn spike ball.......but we overcame almost all of our big mistakes

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:03 PM
I think if Ben had been in there we either wouldnt have been in that position at the end or we would have been better off simply because he's had more playing time under pressure than charlie has.

You're right we did overcome alot of those mistakes but not all of them and thats the problem. We had too many mental lapses, turnovers, missed tackles, etc. to overcome them all. We aren't used to seeing this team having to deal with so many self inflicted problems during a game.

Koopa
10-22-2006, 10:10 PM
i can't wait for willie ried to come back, we need him to punt return....that would cut some of the fumbles down...and whats with willie parker, i guess since he has a career high in tds for the season he is trying to match that by getting a career high in fumbles for the season lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:13 PM
We've never had so many players with fumble fingers in 1 year that I can remember. If it's not Santonio fumbling a punt, it's Willie fumbling during a run, or its Ben botching the snap !

Koopa
10-22-2006, 10:18 PM
even hines fumbled today, i guess it's contagious or however that damn word is spelled lol

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 10:19 PM
We've never had so many players with fumble fingers in 1 year that I can remember. If it's not Santonio fumbling a punt, it's Willie fumbling during a run, or its Ben botching the snap !

Yep, if teams were flat out beating us. I would say oh that team was just better and can live with it. But the Steelers are just being care less with the football. Holmes didn't protect the ball well at all and he has done that all year. For some reason Ben has botched a few snaps this year. Which he didn't do to much his first two years. Thats what use to drive me nuts about Kordell was all his botched snaps.

I think this is were coaching can come into play. Cowher needs to nip this in the butt. Which he isn't doing.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah and he even dropped a pass and you NEVER see that. Damn fumble-itis !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Yep, if teams were flat out beating us. I would say oh that team was just better and can live with it. But the Steelers are just being care less with the football. Holmes didn't protect the ball well at all and he has done that all year. For some reason Ben has botched a few snaps this year. Which he didn't do to much his first two years. Thats what use to drive me nuts about Kordell was all his botched snaps.

I think this is were coaching can come into play. Cowher needs to nip this in the butt. Which he isn't doing.

What I can't figure out is that stuff is what they work on all the time in practice. Hold onto the football, its drilled into your head from day 1 every day and this year we can't hold onto to it to save our life, its sloppy careless football !!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 10:25 PM
What I can't figure out is that stuff is what they work on all the time in practice. Hold onto the football, its drilled into your head from day 1 every day and this year we can't hold onto to it to save our life, its sloppy careless football !!

But the main thing bro is Big Ben looks back and the WR core is looking real good for the future. I'm sure Ben will be ok after being knocked out of the game today. Man I was so happy and sure Ben was going to get 300 yards and 5 TD's today and the Steelers were going to win. I think this team is going to be like the 2002 Pats. Miss the playoffs after a Super Bowl but just like those Pats have the talent to make a Super Bowl run the next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:30 PM
I agree our WR are looking bright ! Ben, Santonio, Cedric, Reid, Washington, we've got a bright future indeed and they are coming into their own. Ben doesnt botch the snap on a regular basis every week but in crucial close game situations like today we just can't have those types of things. Same with the RB's fumbling or the WR's or whatever.

I've been trying to fight off agreeing with you about us just not having the stuff to get it done this year and end up missing the playoffs for one reason or another but its getting harder and harder to disagree with anymore on that topic. :( ;)

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I agree our WR are looking bright ! Ben, Santonio, Cedric, Reid, Washington, we've got a bright future indeed and they are coming into their own. Ben doesnt botch the snap on a regular basis every week but in crucial close game situations like today we just can't have those types of things. Same with the RB's fumbling or the WR's or whatever.

I've been trying to fight off agreeing with you about us just not having the stuff to get it done this year and end up missing the playoffs for one reason or another but its getting harder and harder to disagree with anymore on that topic. :( ;)

Dude I'm not saying this team is totally dead for the playoffs but to me they just don't have that look like they had last year or the past two years really. The past two years even when things were going wrong you just knew the Steelers were going to right the ship and pull out the win. This season it just seems the magic of the past two years isn't there. Now if the Steelers win 8 in row then that changes everything. Which is possible this team is still good enough to win 8 in a row.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Oh I know, Im certainly never giving up on anything. Im a never say die fan forever. Having said that none of us seem to have that confidence that we did last year in this team. We went out every week expecting to make the clutch plays, expecting to make the big stops, basically expecting to win the game because we were just playing with a fire, a passion, a focus that would carry us.

This year we've been watching this team self destruct with turnovers and missed opportunities on a regular basis and THAT is something we are not used to seeing with a BC coached team.

Is this team good enough to win 8 in a row ? Well right now we can't even win 2 in a row, hell we cant even win more than 2 at this point. We have the players, the system, and the coaches to do it, but it call comes down to execution and focus and we havent done that this year with any consistency. Sure we CAN do it, the question is do we have what it takes to turn this season moving forward instead of backward? I'd like to believe yes, my heart says yes because I bleed black n gold.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Thats why Top Gun I don't think Bill Cowher's heart is totally into it. I think he has the idea of retirement on his mind and wants to take a break from coaching. Who can blame him after all these years? All the pressure from coaching in the NFL for 14 years can take its toll on a person. I think Bill just came back to see if the Steelers could repeat. I think he is burnt out and ready for a break.

Of course this is just my opinion. But with this team continuing to play sloppy and turning the ball over. That reflects coaching and those traits are not trade marks of Bill Cowher coached team.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Ive never questioned BC's heart ever in his entire career. He's always given 100% and completely focused every sunday afternoon but at this point I question just about everything with this team including the coaches.

Super bowl hangover, retirement options, injuries, lack of focus, whatever..hell it's combination of everything and then some but the more this season goes on like this the more I wonder how much Bill has left at all for anything football.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Ive never questioned BC's heart ever in his entire career. He's always given 100% and completely focused every sunday afternoon but at this point I question just about everything with this team including the coaches.

Super bowl hangover, retirement options, injuries, lack of focus, whatever..hell it's combination of everything and then some but the more this season goes on like this the more I wonder how much Bill has left at all for anything football.

I don't want Cowher to retire but it just might be time for him to take a break. I just think thats playing on his mind so much this year. Especially with his family in North Carolina or South Carolina. I can't remember which Carolina that Bill bought a house in. It just seems Bill Cowher is different this year. I don't blame him though. Coaching 14 years in the NFL will take its toll on anyone thats for sure.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 11:33 PM
We also don't know how true the rumors really were about his retirement andhow much he was thinking about it. Perhaps it was all blown out of proportion by the media, or perhaps it wasnt but either way BC will always go down fighting to the last minute and I'll always respect him.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2006, 11:49 PM
We also don't know how true the rumors really were about his retirement andhow much he was thinking about it. Perhaps it was all blown out of proportion by the media, or perhaps it wasnt but either way BC will always go down fighting to the last minute and I'll always respect him.

Dude I will always respect Bill Cowher also and I thank him for all he has done for the Pittsburgh Steelers organization and the fans. Your right we don't know how much of the rumors are true. But I'm just stating an opinion. I don't know for sure. The only reason I say his heart isn't into 100 percent is the consistent sloppy play by the Steelers. Thats not a trade mark of a Bill Cowher coached team.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2006, 09:06 AM
:iagree: It's pretty bad when we question how much his heart is in it, that's not something we've ever had to worry about. Maybe all this talk about his possible retirement weighs more on the players minds then they let on ? They seem to play hard on the field every time, but there's just so many little things that happen in a game that we never saw before. So many missed tackles, bad angles, missed opportunities, poor ST play, OL inconsistent, DL and LB's not getting good pressure, etc.