PDA

View Full Version : Few people picking Steelers to beat Ravens... Take the media poll!

DBR96A
12-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Four of five Sunday NFL Countdown analysts are picking the Ravens, as is Bill Simmons. The Vegas line has expanded from Ravens -1.5 to Ravens -2.5. That means there's big money being placed on Baltimore winning this game. I won't even bother looking at the CBS Sportsline picks.

I know the economy sucks, but it's time for the Steelers to make some more mother****ers go broke!

SteelWolf62
12-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I found this poll on the Sun's website asking who's gonna win Sunday. I say we take it over and vote 'NO'. Right now the Ravens are up 54% to 45%.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenspoll1211,0,6412565,post.poll

Bombhunter
12-12-2008, 02:26 PM
went there, picked "no"...

ejsteeler
12-12-2008, 02:26 PM
voted

AZ_Steeler
12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Given the game is in Baltimore you almost have to give the edge to the Ravens :dunno: Besides... it's better to go in as underdogs because then the Steelers have something to prove. Oh btw.. this Steelers team is far better on the road than at home... especially from an offense stand point! :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Voted twice already!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2008, 03:13 PM
yeah everybody and their brother is riding the ratbirds jock..it's really sickening. Personally I love playing the underdog role as well. Let's go in there with the world thinking we can't win this one and stick it to em!

LatrobePA
12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
yeah everybody and their brother is riding the ratbirds jock..it's really sickening. Personally I love playing the underdog role as well. Let's go in there with the world thinking we can't win this one and stick it to em!

I like the idea!!:yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
12-12-2008, 03:36 PM
I think the Ravens are getting the nod because there is not a big difference between the #1 Def and the #2. Plus the have been better on Off, and its in Baltimore. I can se them being favored here, but it wont matter because they are getting beat anyways.

yinzer
12-12-2008, 04:17 PM
so what else is new?

memphissteelergirl
12-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm with TG...I prefer for the Steelers to be the underdog. It makes it that much sweeter watching the "experts" faces crack when we prove them wrong. :lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
12-12-2008, 06:24 PM
That's just the way i like it:tt02:, i like when we are the underdog:yellowthumb:, then come out an prove the so call experts wrong:lol:

steelers4life66
12-12-2008, 07:36 PM
My votes in...:yellowthumb:

RedskinsSince96
12-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Four of five Sunday NFL Countdown analysts are picking the Ravens, as is Bill Simmons. The Vegas line has expanded from Ravens -1.5 to Ravens -2.5. That means there's big money being placed on Baltimore winning this game. I won't even bother looking at the CBS Sportsline picks.

I know the economy sucks, but it's time for the Steelers to make some more mother****ers go broke!

Im kinda shocked the Ravens are favored. I guess alot of people will lose some money this weekend. Steelers 17 Ravens 3.

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Im kinda shocked the Ravens are favored. I guess alot of people will lose some money this weekend. Steelers 17 Ravens 3.

Well if you ask me , the Steelers have nothing to prove in this game , except that we are the better team. They are billing it as the battle of the #1 defense against the #2 .
I am sure that we don't give a "Ratbird Arse" how many points we beat them by.
It is simple.........if you lose money.......then you bet on the wrong team.

SteelersWoman
12-13-2008, 12:55 AM
It's at their place, not much difference between defensive rankings, their offense is playing better than ours, and they want to get even for the loss earlier in the season--not hard to understand why they're favored all the way around.

We need some of that same magic we had in last game to get us through this one. If our offense would just start clicking from the beginnin of the game, we wouldn't need it...

Moondog
12-13-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm not surprised that the Ravens are favored, its not that big of a spread anyway. The offense needs to come through and pounce on the Ravens early and take the crowd out of the game. Wouldn't it be nice to get an early lead for once? Better yet how about an early double digit lead? Some of you have mentioned throughout the boards that they have had a "good feeling" about this game, for what it's worth, so do I. I think the Ravens are due for a humbling letdown. I like the Steelers as underdogs and the Ravens... arrogant.
The Ravens don't know whats coming for them. :tt02: :imho:

JensK
12-13-2008, 11:50 AM
I am really not surpriced.. We are always the underdogs in big games, no matter what record we have, so no news there.. Dallas was favoured by quiet a few ppl, and yeah.. see how that went.

steelers4life66
12-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I found this poll on the Sun's website asking who's gonna win Sunday. I say we take it over and vote 'NO'. Right now the Ravens are up 54% to 45%.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenspoll1211,0,6412565,post.poll
Voted again. Gaining ground on them.:yellowthumb:

JensK
12-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I have to say that this really makes me want the Steelers to DESTROY Ravens:

Jamison Hensley
Ravens, 17-12

The Ravens' defense will prove it is better than the Steelers'.

It is absolut rubbish to think that their defence is better than the steelers. Its good, i'll give em' that, but its just nowhere near Steelers. And no, Ed Reed is not as good as Polamalu..

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Time to play this game fellas finally in less then 24 hours. Man I am licking my chops for the kickoff of this game. So much on the line and so much at stake. Just think tomorrow night around 730 or so this Steelers team should they win this game in Baltimore will have clinched the AFC North Division and a bye week in the playoffs, and be 2 wins away from playing for the Lombardi Trophy once again. That's what's on the line tomorrow sooo much to play for man I cant wait...

blackngold29
12-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Three out of eight analysts picked the Steelers on ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent). Come on Merril!

Schlereth picked us to lose last week to, so I'm glad he picked Balt.

steelers4life66
12-14-2008, 12:47 PM
35 votes behind.