PDA

View Full Version : We're still too inconsistent and its killing us.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 06:07 PM
438 yds passing today and we still lost. Same with last time we played them and Maddox had 473 yds and we tied. Ben was on pace for a career day..Charlie filled in admirably but when it came down to it....the defense couldnt make the stops, we couldnt run the ball, mistakes on special teams, a few stupid penalities, turnovers, and we just can't over come that stuff this year.

We just seem to be so undisciplined over all. If you take week 1 and last week away we just don't play disciplined football on offense, defense or ST this year with any consistency...and its just killing us !

AZ_Steeler
10-22-2006, 06:11 PM
They are going to need to wake up at some point and realize they have been shooting themselves in the foot week in and week out! It's gotta stop at some point and the coaches can coach until they are blue in the face but it doesn't matter because the players need to realize these things and take matters into their own hands. Someone on the team needs to standup in a meeting and let everyone have it... a good *** chewing!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2006, 10:51 PM
That's were team leadership kicks in. Porter needs to call everyone together and the leaders need to chew every single player out up 1 side and down the other and then look at the mirror and realize they themselves need to step up.

We've got the talent to play well and be a playoff team, hell a super bowl team, but this years group just isn't focused for 60 minutes and we don't have a killer instinct on either side of the ball.

House of Steel
10-23-2006, 12:59 AM
I will storm into that locker room and start some *** chewing and kicking some major butts. I bet by the time I was through, they all will be playing with fire. Them *******s are pathetic anymore. PLAY YOUR *** OFF AND QUIT SHOOTING YOURSELVES IN THE ****ING FOOT!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2006, 09:46 AM
I will storm into that locker room and start some *** chewing and kicking some major butts. I bet by the time I was through, they all will be playing with fire. Them *******s are pathetic anymore. PLAY YOUR *** OFF AND QUIT SHOOTING YOURSELVES IN THE ****ING FOOT!!!

I bet if you stormed the locker room Casey Hampton would come up and kick your *** ! :lol:

House of Steel
10-23-2006, 11:49 AM
I dare him!!! I would tell him this, What the hell is your damn problem you can't duplicate your anger on the field, fool? I would be yelling at Joey Porter, and saying, HEY ****ER, where is your fire? WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? You can talk smack, but you won't stand as a leader? I will give you a taste of your own version of your own medicine if you don't take this leadership. I am darn pissed at em all.

AZ_Steeler
10-23-2006, 01:18 PM
That's were team leadership kicks in. Porter needs to call everyone together and the leaders need to chew every single player out up 1 side and down the other and then look at the mirror and realize they themselves need to step up.

We've got the talent to play well and be a playoff team, hell a super bowl team, but this years group just isn't focused for 60 minutes and we don't have a killer instinct on either side of the ball.

Maybe Porter is the problem because didn't he say at the beginning of the season he wasn't going to be the leader he was just going to out and do his job? :dunno: I do remember hearing that somewhere... Any how someone needs to step and take control of this team because it's train wreck just waiting to happen!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Yes Joey did say that AZ, and you're right nobody has stepped up to claim the leadership role left by Jerome's retirement. But I think as time goes on that Ben Roethlisberger will just grow into the role.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Joey also said in more than one interview that the main reason is he is back is because of Bill Cowher. He told Bill no matter what he will always go to war with him and give him 100%.

Did you see Joey on the sidelines yesterday. He was as focused as if he was playing. He had his terrible towel out and was firing up the troops. I don't think its that Joey isnt being a leader but that we also need others to step up. Joey is the fire and brimstone guy on this team, so is James Harrison. We need team leaders too in other aspects.